Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm sure that Eric and Steve could be pretty successful voice actors, they typically have the best impressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hockles posted:

I'm sure that Eric and Steve could be pretty successful voice actors, they typically have the best impressions.

I just want Eric to be the Alex Jones DJ for GTA 6

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
The latest episodes revealing that Chris lives in Connecticut and Eric in a small non-NYC town are annoying because it breaks my image of all of them sleeping in a 4-level bunkbed and fighting over the mirror while brushing their teeth at the same time.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Does anyone know what the scandal with Chris's family that he alludes to every now and then is? I've constantly failed at googling it.

Wait, what? Andrew and Eric mention having "angry dads" that they've kind-of danced around a couple of times, but I don't remember any scandalous allusions.

Invalid Validation posted:

Their movie knowledge seems both bottomless and shallow at the same time.

The reason why this podcast is #1 in my books is because they're actually film geeks who know their poo poo, at least 95% of the time.

The fact that they'll love and call out performances by character actors they see in crappy movies is incredibly endearing. I re-tried listening to "How Did This Get Made?" for the third or fourth time - I don't know why, I'm a glutton for punishment I guess - and it was very clear the three of those hacks could barely follow a barebones boob-comedy plot and basic movie structures, let alone care or know anything about the people in the films themselves.

Cabin shouting out Ward Bond as an early film hero in the "It's A Wonderful Life" episode is a good example of how the WHM boys can be great this way.

Anyways, rant over. These guys are a light in the current storm so I guess I'm just a little more emotional about it.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Captain Hotbutt posted:

The fact that they'll love and call out performances by character actors they see in crappy movies is incredibly endearing. I re-tried listening to "How Did This Get Made?" for the third or fourth time - I don't know why, I'm a glutton for punishment I guess - and it was very clear the three of those hacks could barely follow a barebones boob-comedy plot and basic movie structures, let alone care or know anything about the people in the films themselves.

Their appreciate for "flowers in a garbage dump" is not incredibly rare but it's not incredibly common either and I hate it when a review or analysis of a media gets too focused on the negative. I quit listening to a video game podcast because most of the hosts just would literally stop themselves from appreciating any small part of a game they disliked. I love it when the WHM guys get into the histories of directors and actors, not just on WHM but also on sideshows like Hooked of TJ Hooker.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Captain Hotbutt posted:

The latest episodes revealing that Chris lives in Connecticut and Eric in a small non-NYC town are annoying because it breaks my image of all of them sleeping in a 4-level bunkbed and fighting over the mirror while brushing their teeth at the same time.

Well, like lots of people, they've been priced out of living in the city proper.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Is Andrew the only one to live in nyc proper? Also, what kind of gently caress you money is he raking in because he lives in the city AND owns a car.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Arson Daily posted:

Is Andrew the only one to live in nyc proper? Also, what kind of gently caress you money is he raking in because he lives in the city AND owns a car.

I know a lot of people that moved to Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens a decade ago and managed to keep their car and low rent place. Some people just lucked out off the jump.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Wait until you hear that Steve lives in *gasp* New Jersey!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Fezz posted:

Wait until you hear that Steve lives in *gasp* New Jersey!

But where does Bane live?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Wait, what? Andrew and Eric mention having "angry dads" that they've kind-of danced around a couple of times, but I don't remember any scandalous allusions.
I could swear he directly mentioned it and was like you can Google it at one point without giving details and I think made an allusion to it recently saying something like, "Not the first time a Cuomo yelled at a Cabin."

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Crowetron posted:

But where does Bane live?

Cleveland.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
I really wish they would do more stuff like Cyber Seduction or Cartoon All Stars where they take on a lovely PSA level work.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OpenSourceBurger posted:

I really wish they would do more stuff like Cyber Seduction or Cartoon All Stars where they take on a lovely PSA level work.

:yeah: Cyber Seduction is an all time great, and I wish they would do more Lifetime originals. Hell, maybe do a couple of those Hallmark shovelware Christmas movies.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Iron Crowned posted:

:yeah: Cyber Seduction is an all time great, and I wish they would do more Lifetime originals. Hell, maybe do a couple of those Hallmark shovelware Christmas movies.

Jeremy's spoken. Justin's strokin'.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
The best impression the show by far is Steve's nerdy fat kid voice.

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONES IS PLAYING TWO FACE HE'S SUPER GRITTY!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Cael posted:

Jeremy's spoken. Justin's strokin'.

“Buy a guy an egg cream first!”

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

OpenSourceBurger posted:

The best impression the show by far is Steve's nerdy fat kid voice.

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONES IS PLAYING TWO FACE HE'S SUPER GRITTY!

I don't caaaareee!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Iron Crowned posted:

god I'd kill for them to do a month on bad hallmark/netflix schmaltz poo poo

is there any funny podcast that covers that stuff? I'm sure you could build a whole show around poo poo like that honestly.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

sexpig by night posted:

is there any funny podcast that covers that stuff? I'm sure you could build a whole show around poo poo like that honestly.

Dave and Jeb Aren't Mean by ex-goon Jeb Lund and David J Roth (of Deadspin fame) is all about subjecting themselves to Hallmark movie "magic" and laughing at it, sometimes with guests.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

SporkOfTruth posted:

Dave and Jeb Aren't Mean by ex-goon Jeb Lund and David J Roth (of Deadspin fame) is all about subjecting themselves to Hallmark movie "magic" and laughing at it, sometimes with guests.

I can second this recommendation, it's a great show! Their Patreon has the first 10 or 20 episodes, too, if you finish what they have on the website and want to listen to more of them.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

sexpig by night posted:

I like Lifetime Uncorked - the host and a guest watch a Lifetime or Hallmark movie (usually while getting wine drunk), and then they try to explain it to another host who hasn't seen it. It's not a jokey-joke comedy show, more of a funny conversation between friends. They wrap up most episodes with a bit called What You Say, Candace Cameron Bure? where they check in to see if Candace has said anything awful in the last week, and it has the best interstitial jingle of any podcast segment.

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 26, 2020

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I hope the revisit episode is Maximum Overdrive, because the live episode was stunted, weird, and had no time to breathe. I don't think they even mentioned it was Giancarlo Esposito getting murdered by that pinball machine. Also because gently caress you, Maximum Overdrive rules and is a massive recommend.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If they redo a bad-audio live ep On Deadly Ground would also be a candidate. Or maybe they'll redo something from the first 10-20 episodes before they really hit their stride because some of those are very short episodes.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 27, 2020

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yay, Side Order of Sleaze is back!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I hope the revisit episode is Maximum Overdrive, because the live episode was stunted, weird, and had no time to breathe. I don't think they even mentioned it was Giancarlo Esposito getting murdered by that pinball machine. Also because gently caress you, Maximum Overdrive rules and is a massive recommend.

Mega agreedo. Stunted and weird could apply to a lot of their episodes because they seem to have a strict one hour time allowance for them when a normal episode is closer to 2 hours now. Even the first couple hundred eps seem to have a 1.5 hour or less total time format. Maximum overdrive deserves better! It was my first so-bad-it's-good movie

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

you read my mind. I'd love a second chance on Maximum Overdrive. deserves the longer episodes that these new episodes are getting.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Watched The One the other night and then listened to the episode on it. It really it the most 2001 movie ever made. Nu-metal out the rear end, bullet-time effects left and right.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
listening to old episodes and Chris' "I'm going to get really loud and fake-angry" thing he does constantly is so profoundly unfunny

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’d think a revisit episode would be that national treasure movie they lost the audio for.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SporkOfTruth posted:

Wasn't Jeb Lund Helldump super poster Boniface?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have subbed to both of those very good sounding podcasts, and can confirm this new Side Order of Sleaze is good as hell. My quarantine madness is pushed back another week or so.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I sincerely hope that after this whole pandemic nonsense gets sorted out they continue dong Beverly Hills because I am desperate to hear their reactions to tv's biggest raging square Brandon Walsh

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
DO watch Zoo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
P.s. sugar shack sounds like heaven
Just alternate between "Heart of Glass" and "Let's Dance"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In case you have tickets to any of their upcoming live shows, they have now officially been rescheduled (for now)

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1255116558843686912

Adjusted Tour Dates:
9/29 - Pittsburgh, PA
9/30 - Cleveland, OH
10/02 - Detroit, MI
10/11 - Salem, MA (new!)
11/08 - Charlotte, NC
11/10 - Asheville, NC
11/11 - Nashville, TN

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Not sure how to feel about the Maytreon. I just hope it's a shitshow in the best of ways.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just listened to the Commuter, the loving Liam Neeson racist Irish impersonations killed me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
They mentioned Grim Prairie Tales. James Earl Jones' wig is insane in it, and there is a story about a cowboy who picks up a pregnant woman, and at night she sudden gets un-pregnant, and the cowboy fucks here, and is then sucked inside her vagina at which point she looks pregnant again and it is revealed she goes around sucking men into her vagina to eat them.

What I am saying is I know what I am requesting next LRM..

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Looking forward for a month of POTC. Honestly, I don't hate those movies but at the same time there's so much to tear down.

Also, laughing at Beverly Hills 90210 thinking that making one of your main cast a conspiracy-touting racist for an episode was a smart move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I actually kinda lowkey like POTC but it'll be fun to hear them react to some of it's dumber poo poo.