Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, catchpharses can spread now. I'm not a fan.
I distinctly remember catchphrases spreading in the original game, I don't think it's a new addition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

any art historians know if this is fake, can't tell

This is real and the fake one has a huge dong

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Ra-amun posted:

I really hope they patch in personalized homes for your first five starting villagers. It’s buggin me that they just have generic layouts for what? Supposedly so player homes aren’t one upped by NPC villagers?

It makes sense for everyone to have bare furnishings for maybe the first week or two of consistent playing but once you settle in your final five villagers, with their themed homes, your first guys should at least be able to renovate and upgrade to their final theme.

Oh! That's why my little muscle mouse keeps telling me about the exercise equipment that doesn't exist and his house is so boring. The first 5? I don't even remember which ones were the first.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

It should be easy to tell if you visit their houses. The first two will be super generic, and the next three houses will look exactly the same from one game to the next (there's one with a dirt floor and log furniture, one with toy block furniture, and I can't recall the last...)

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Opening my town for the heck of it. Not much going on but Cyrano is making a Purple Hyacinth Crown if anyone's interested. There's a large grove in the northeast that's fair game. Bridge donations are welcome.

Dodo Code is CLOSED

Moai Ou fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 27, 2020

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think I'm more interested in the fake art than filling the museum. Redd had a real painting today, but I went with the fake giant rock head because it looks cool.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
My greatest achievement in life so far has been changing Iggly the Jock character's catch phrase to "Steroids!"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tad the muscle bound frog was one of my initial pair and his house is solid green on every surface with 3 pieces of solid green woodblock furniture

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Lurdiak posted:

e: No More Penguins - The Stranglers

Wanted to give you an update on Cube. He still has the butterfly you gave him. Proudly displayed.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Somebody in this thread had some really awesome signs for fruit that they put up on wooden signs. I've looked and can't find it now. These ring a bell with anyone?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So flower breeding seems really confusing. I just had a pink tulip sprout up next to a yellow one and the next nearest tulip was white.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's just that it's basically exactly way more complicated than most guides make it seem

Recessive genes are wild

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nate just gave me an Instant Muscles Suit because it "made him think of me" and then took off to Naruto Run on the beach

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Re: flower genes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/mobilebasic made it clear to me how it all works

Also if anyone wants to buy the $1,000,000 crown let me know it’s for sale in our Able shop.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Yeah hybrid flowers from mystery isles make flower breeding even crazier. I got a blue hyacinth from two pink ones

Henker
May 5, 2009

I wish there were more nautical decorations, trying to make a cursed fishing village. The best ones are all tied to the fishing competition. Anyway, here's my spooky lighthouse home.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Man, people in this thread can take some excellent pictures!

Is Bea one of the new villagers? She's a brown pup with darker/redder fur around her muzzle. She's adorable and with a name like Bea she's going to fit so well on the island of 3 Flats :3:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone have a spare Fake Nose or have an Able's selling them? I'll suckwater yo dickflowers.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I wish Isabelle's morning announcements included guests and/or the weather. Would make my day easier

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Moai Ou posted:

Opening my town for the heck of it. Not much going on but Cyrano is making a Purple Hyacinth Crown if anyone's interested. There's a large grove in the northeast that's fair game. Bridge donations are welcome.

Dodo Code is 68HQG

Thanks for the DIY, sorry I didn't have more with me to donate! Yours is only the second island tune I've been able to guess so far.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Unffff Marshal taught me stone lion dog statue Yessss

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Moose the mouse is in boxes if anyone wants him. He's in the house to the left of the plaza.

Redd's: All fakes (Girl w. the Pearl Earring, Beauty Looking Back/Graceful Painting, Olmec head) and picnic set and shaved-ice maker. I already bought the fake terra cotta warrior because with the shovel he's perfect for a garden. :3:

Ables': Mummy and imp heads, blossoming kimonos, anorak jackets, football shirts, floral skirts and concierge uniforms

Nook's Cranny: Cat tower (in blue) and hanging scroll are in limited supply. They also have a hamster in a cage and a sewing project. Seeds available are red/white/yellow hyacinths, tulips and pansies

Doesn't seem like anyone is making anything right now.

I put out a bunch of fossils, a few DIY recipes and a bunch of cutting boards out to the right of the airport. You can take fruit from the trees if you want, too.

I'll be AFK for a couple of hours but feel free to come help yourself.

Dodo code: CLOSED

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 27, 2020

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

LastGoodBoy posted:

I will never get 5 stars. I refuse to deforest my island into an ugly rear end flat lot for some dumb flower.

:same:
I like my rustic natural island just fine and no I don't want to decorate it from cliff to beach and stream to ocean, Isabelle, stop suggesting I put ugly tat all over the place! And don't even start bitching about all the turnips lying around, you can't even reach that part of the island yet!

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

nexous posted:

Re: flower genes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/mobilebasic made it clear to me how it all works

Also if anyone wants to buy the $1,000,000 crown let me know it’s for sale in our Able shop.

I am interested in the crown, this is the princess peach style one that's solid gold, not the one with red velvet right?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Henker posted:

I wish there were more nautical decorations, trying to make a cursed fishing village. The best ones are all tied to the fishing competition. Anyway, here's my spooky lighthouse home.

This is great.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Opening up for while: closed
It's raining at the moment, and Redd is here with fakes of Lady with an Ermine and Mona Lisa.

Nook's has Hyacinth, Tulip, and Windflower seeds.

I've got some extra fossils and DIY recipes laid out on the path to the left of the fountain (don't be too greedy):
Bamboo floor lamp
Bamboo-shoot lamp
Green-leaf pile x2
Log Garden Lounge
Peach Hat

Dimetrodon Skull
Diplo Chest
Diplo Tail
Diplo Tail tip
Iguanadon Skull
Myllokunmigia
Parasaur Tail
Parasaur Skull
Left Ptera Wing
Eusthenopteron

(Thanks for extras!)

If you have any extra fossils, I'm missing:
Ankylo torso
Australopith
(but you don't need to bring anything)

Take whatever fruit you need, and don't trample my flowers. Thanks!

Arkannoyed fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 27, 2020

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gangringo posted:

I am interested in the crown, this is the princess peach style one that's solid gold, not the one with red velvet right?

Correct. The smaller one.

Dodo code: closed

If anyone wants the crown feel free. Or for any other reason. If you drop by my flowers would love a little water!

nexous fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 27, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The vibe I get from the picture is more film noir than Lovecraft, which would also be something really fun to explore.

Also it occurred to me that you could now basically make The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing entirely in Animal Crossing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there a way to get stones besides rocks? Going to an island after you use up yours for the day is pointless since island rocks drop way more iron than stones

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Finally, a place for me to sit and cry in private

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Macaluso posted:

Is there a way to get stones besides rocks? Going to an island after you use up yours for the day is pointless since island rocks drop way more iron than stones

You can get them via fishing too, but they're not particularly common. Maybe on trash islands.

Also I want your rock luck.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Only the fake does this right? Just bought the real one, but really want that and the Mona Lisa fake.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Arkannoyed posted:

Opening up for while: 88VD7

It's raining at the moment, and Redd is here with fakes of Lady with an Ermine, Mona Lisa, and Ophelia.

Nook's has Hyacinth, Tulip, and Windflower seeds.

I've got some extra fossils and DIY recipes laid out on the path to the left of the fountain (don't be greedy):
Bamboo Drum
Bamboo Floor Lamp
Bamboo-shoot Lamp
Birdcage
Cutting Board
Grass Standee
Green-leaf pile x2
Kettlebell
Natural Square Table
Pear Bed
Pear Dress
Peach Dress
Peach Hat
Shell Fountain
Wooden-knot Wall
Wooden Stool

Coprolite
Dimetrodon Skull
Diplo Chest
Diplo Tail
Diplo Tail tip
Iguanadon Skull
Megacero Torso
Myllokunmigia
Parasaur Tail

If you have any extra fossils, I'm missing:
Ankylo torso
Australopith
Eusthenopteron
Left ptera wing
Left quetzal wing
Parasaur skull
Right quetzal wing
T. rex skull
(but you don't need to bring anything)

Take whatever fruit you need, and don't trample my flowers. Thanks!

edit: If you feel like dropping something off, I'm over at Chillout Rock (west of Nook's)

Got a communication error right after someone arrived but I got the kettlebell DIY. Thanks a lot, I’ve been wanting that. I got booted before I could add anything to the pile :(

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

Internet got disconnected (Sorry!)

New code: closed

Arkannoyed fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 27, 2020

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Arkannoyed posted:

Internet got disconnected (Sorry!)

New code: JFPYN

I've got most of your fossil list with me (trying to get in). Where do you want them putting to stop them being snapped up?

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

Chris Pistols posted:

I've got most of your fossil list with me (trying to get in). Where do you want them putting to stop them being snapped up?

I'm on a beach chair west of Nook's Cranny.
Well, now I'm just wandering around, checking if my villagers are making anything.

Arkannoyed fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 27, 2020

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is it possible for your original villagers to move out? I like Axel but he ain’t Al, that’s for sure.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Moai Ou posted:

Dodo Code is CLOSED

Closing up. Thank you for everyone that donated! I can't believe that the bridge was completely paid off! I am always pleasantly surprised by the generosity of goons.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

TheBizzness posted:

Is it possible for your original villagers to move out? I like Axel but he ain’t Al, that’s for sure.

They've got the smallest houses, so I very much hope so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

TheBizzness posted:

Yeah, one of my original villagers, Frita, is in boxes right now.

Axel is my last original villager left, now. I love him and his cheshire cat grin, though. It will be tough saying goodbye. :(