Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Zeta Acosta posted:

I mean someone really is leaking stuff but i dont think the game will be bad per se. Naughty dog games arent know for their gameplay elements

I meant more they leaked the story and it had gone awry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If someone posts TLOU2 spoilers in the thread besides Joel being dead I'm gonna have a pretty serious cow, man!

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

The Human Crouton posted:

Uncharted 1 is a bad game.

I think I've reached the point where I think UC2 is the only good one. 4 has OK but I remember being really ready for it to be over with like half-way through. As much as I enjoyed the story and character development, I just got so sick of the paint by numbers of actually playing the game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

If someone posts TLOU2 spoilers in the thread besides Joel being dead I'm gonna have a pretty serious cow, man!

Yeah I hope no one does this even in tags.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

. Naughty dog games arent know for their gameplay elements

What

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
If TLOU2 is anything like the first one itll probably spoil itself in the first few hours because the writing is that predictable

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It really wasn't actually. There is a zero percent chance you predicted much in that game beyond the basic premise.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

cinematic experience with stealth elements is nothing new

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The last of us is pretty bog standard writing wise, which isn’t a bad thing most writing is pretty predictable

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

cinematic experience with stealth elements is nothing new

Good thing ND games also have very robust combat mechanics then.

Also, how does that address your original statement at all? lol

CharlestheHammer posted:

The last of us is pretty bog standard writing wise, which isn’t a bad thing most writing is pretty predictable

It's not mind bending or anything and the whole virus/we found an immune person thing is a bit cliche but there is a lot of unique stuff along the way.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 27, 2020

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I played Uncharted and last of us I know that isn’t true

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

veni veni veni posted:

Good thing ND games also have very robust combat mechanics then.

Also, how does that address your original statement at all? lol

i played the entire uncharted saga and tlou1 and thats false

hell i hated mgsv but the gameplay elements on that game were top notch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A reminder that the enemies in Uncharted are not bullet sponges, unarmored non-magical enemies can be defeated with a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire at medium range

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

homewrecker posted:

How are the side quests / mini games in the Yakuza Remastered games (3,4,5), Judgment, and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise?

I loved pretty much all of the side quests in the Yakuza games I've already played (0, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2, and 6) and I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing the Real Estate and Cabaret Club mini games. I'm tempted to pick up the rest of the games in the "series" but I'm wondering if they're all really worth it or if I should just save myself some time and skip any of them. I haven't heard too much praise for the First of the North Star game so I'm a little iffy on that one.

I played 3 and 4 just now, and the age shows, so much in fact I hardly did any side quests. I didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as zero, kiwami and kiwami 2. 4 has you play as Kiryu and 3 other people and they are sort of ok but the story drags on forever, in the end I just wanted to get it done.

Started 5 now, gameplay and graphics are better, taxi jobs are fun, I am only at the beginning though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I played Last of Us Online for 6 years and UC4 online for 6 months. I'm pretty familiar with the mechanics of their games and I'm pretty confident in saying they are actually extremely good and often misunderstood.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is true but on the level of it being a narrative video game it's honestly pretty good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JBP posted:

This is true but on the level of it being a narrative video game it's honestly pretty good.

It’s not bad yeah it wasn’t good enough for me to play through gameplay that honestly felt pretty bad but clearly sad dad story resonates with people and can’t dismiss that

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s not bad yeah it wasn’t good enough for me to play through gameplay that honestly felt pretty bad but clearly sad dad story resonates with people and can’t dismiss that

I'm one of the sad dad lovers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The ending of God of War made me sad. What a bleak game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JBP posted:

I'm one of the sad dad lovers.

You and a lot of other people.

Will be interesting because 2 seems less sad dad so who knows where it goes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

2010s = Sad Dads
2020s = Angry Moms

book it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought it was actually a pretty nice conclusion and very in keeping with a godly journey. You get the thing done and it's like "welp let's go home", meanwhile you've sewn absolute destruction and broken many hearts along the way to returning Donny's Ashes to the bosom of the Pacific ocean but that's just what gods do.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You and a lot of other people.

Will be interesting because 2 seems less sad dad so who knows where it goes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

2010s = Sad Dads
2020s = Angry Moms

book it

I'm here for all the age appropriate narratives :black101:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The ultimate expression of Sad Dads will be the wave of next-gen games about the children of Sad Dads and how we inherent the trauma of our parents without ever understanding it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

The ultimate expression of Sad Dads will be the wave of next-gen games about the children of Sad Dads and how we inherent the trauma of our parents without ever understanding it.

Literally God of War 2 and TLOU2

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mr Hootington posted:

no way man, its a beautiful touching ending of goodbye, letting go and connection.

unless you meant the other ending. thors gonna get whats coming to his dumbass.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

2010s = Sad Dads
2020s = Angry Moms

book it

How many creative directors in the industry are women?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GoW has an angry mom

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

GoW has an angry mom

I don't think we've seen angry yet.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

GoW has an angry mom

:hmmyes:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Not the letting go part. The finding out what happened to the giants.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah, it's amazingly beautiful.
Some of the other suits are just kind of meh... either because of the fabric type or color. But the damned comic suit is a thing of beauty.

The good suits in Spider-man:

CARTOON SPIDEY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then; Undies Spidey, Bag man and Spider punk (purely because of the tread on the shoes which is adorable).

That's it. All the rest are various levels of lovely. The Raimi suit also makes me laugh because it looks as bad in the game as it did in the movies. Fuckin' poo poo-rear end tiny eyes Spidey.

morallyobjected posted:

it's probably just so they can focus on him (and MJ) mentoring Miles or something next game.

that said I really hope they don't make Miles a focus of the next game. I play Spider-Man for Peter Parker cracking wise--not other Spider-MenBoys

I'm imagining a Spiderverse game all on it's own made by this team and I think they could do it justice maybe.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Spirit Spider ftw

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The good suits in Spider-man:

CARTOON SPIDEY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then; Undies Spidey, Bag man and Spider punk (purely because of the tread on the shoes which is adorable).

That's it. All the rest are various levels of lovely. The Raimi suit also makes me laugh because it looks as bad in the game as it did in the movies. Fuckin' poo poo-rear end tiny eyes Spidey.

I'm imagining a Spiderverse game all on it's own made by this team and I think they could do it justice maybe.

Eh I liked a lot of the movie suits, all the MCU ones were pretty good. I also liked the spider armor mk 4 and the classic suit is a nice "realistic" version of the comic suit.

You are absolutely right about the Raimi suit though and I can't believe anyone wanted that or that they even bothered to put it in the game.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Vikar Jerome posted:

no way man, its a beautiful touching ending of goodbye, letting go and connection.

unless you meant the other ending. thors gonna get whats coming to his dumbass.

well, your kid is revealed to be loki, which means he at very least will attempt the end the world and before that may be tortured extensively. They kinda set it up that he’ll kill Thor, but if he’s doing it because he’s gone round the bend you may end up having to kill him to save existence.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Playing Infinite Warfare again. It's amazing. Fans of Titanfall 2 will love it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol, guess who the dumbass is who spent $45 on the Spring Sale for PSNOW somehow thinking it was a year of PS plus

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

well, your kid is revealed to be loki, which means he at very least will attempt the end the world and before that may be tortured extensively. They kinda set it up that he’ll kill Thor, but if he’s doing it because he’s gone round the bend you may end up having to kill him to save existence.

god of war is playing very fast and loose with norse mythology. if anything, the mural at the mountain suggests atreus will end up killing kratos

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lol, guess who the dumbass is who spent $45 on the Spring Sale for PSNOW somehow thinking it was a year of PS plus

Theoretically you could play more games with PS Now! That other poster mentioned they do direct downloads now which actually has me pretty tempted

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish observation would go on sale. I don’t think I’ve seen it price drop once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

As far as I know PSNOW is the only way to play PS3 games on the PS4 since the systems are otherwise incompatible. So at least there’s that