Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Assuming you can still power through the Benevodons with not everyone in their third class, there is 1 seed in every one of their dungeons from a chest, as well as one in Pedda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm just starting into the Benevodon dungeons, my team is all level 41 to 42 but still in tier 2 classes. I haven't spent any training points in several levels. I assume I'm better off waiting until I promote before I spend them, right?

I only have the one ??? seed from the chest in the moon tower so far.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Shoenin posted:

I tested and ??? seeds are predetermined, they dont dupe if you have them in your inventory. having 6 from the get go guarantees at least 1 for each different class.

But for weapons/armor they do dupe, but not sure if they are also pre-determined.

Only class ??? seeds are predetermined. The rest can be save scummed, I've done that to get at least a decent spread of equipment out of them

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
anyone found a good site that has maps that shows exactly where lil'cactus are? I am missing quite a few.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Arkeus posted:

anyone found a good site that has maps that shows exactly where lil'cactus are? I am missing quite a few.
This one looks complete: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/lil-cactus-guide-for-trials-of-mana-all-50-lil-cactus-locations-prizes/

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got the fourth elemental last night, would I be correct to assume that collecting all 8 marks roughly the halfway point of the story?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

are serums supposed to be temporary boosts? i used a strength one and the stat didnt seem to go up but i used another one and it boosted my max mp.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Dackel posted:

Only class ??? seeds are predetermined. The rest can be save scummed, I've done that to get at least a decent spread of equipment out of them

I ended up farming a lot of seeds to get my final weapon/armor combo for the last person I needed it on.

Pro-tip: in the Mirage Palace the Doom Swords seem to have the highest chance of dropping Rainbow Seeds.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I got the fourth elemental last night, would I be correct to assume that collecting all 8 marks roughly the halfway point of the story?

Ish? I'd probably say something like 40/40/20 for the element hunt, what occurs after that, and then the finale, at least basing off of the original SNES version.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Ish? I'd probably say something like 40/40/20 for the element hunt, what occurs after that, and then the finale, at least basing off of the original SNES version.

The last part of the game feels longer in this version, though I might be wrong. Also there is a little post game.

Anyone has some good advice for killing Anise on hard under 2 minutes? I got her a bit under three minutes once but I used my only "increase CS when using it" item. I guess I could just grind more levels, or maybe switch my main char to someone who can recover CS faster, but I'd prefer not to. Is she weak to a specific element?

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

ASenileAnimal posted:

are serums supposed to be temporary boosts? i used a strength one and the stat didnt seem to go up but i used another one and it boosted my max mp.

Did you check the strength stat or are you just looking at where you have training points allocated? They are different.

Unrelated, I used Reisz' Arial Lance CS in the forest and the attack landed in the tree canopy, affecting nobody and wasting 2 bars. Thanks a lot!

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Good God Hawkeye ninja master is busted this time around. With all of the ninja move CS boosts he can get around 100 to 150 CS meter per casting of fire or water diversion depending on how many enemies there are. I spent the final third of the game just spamming his level 2 tech, it completely trivializes every encounter

Chrodyn
Apr 10, 2007

pretty soft girl posted:

Good God Hawkeye ninja master is busted this time around. With all of the ninja move CS boosts he can get around 100 to 150 CS meter per casting of fire or water diversion depending on how many enemies there are. I spent the final third of the game just spamming his level 2 tech, it completely trivializes every encounter

Seems like dark path hawkeye is busted in general. Nightblade has a passive 10% chance to instant kill enemies with a status effect on them. Combined with the 4int chance to poison on power attack and most trash packs ended up with 2 or 3 just falling over after a few hits!

E: Dark class 4 then gets a seperate 10% chance to 1hit kill as well.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
My kingdom for AI allies that don't stand directly in the in the path of boss attacks, or run into insta-death zones trying to attack the boss.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Someone knows if Seed ??? are still locked if you go into a new game plus with a completely different team? E.G, if my new game plus is Duran/Kevin/Charlotte but I got the Seed ??? with Angel/Riesz/Hawk?

Chrodyn
Apr 10, 2007

Arkeus posted:

Someone knows if Seed ??? are still locked if you go into a new game plus with a completely different team? E.G, if my new game plus is Duran/Kevin/Charlotte but I got the Seed ??? with Angel/Riesz/Hawk?

Can confirm they only give items for characters in the party. I made a new game+ with the three I didn't use first time and got items for charlotte at the first inn angela visits.

E: first playthrough was Hawkeye/Duran/Reisz.

Chrodyn fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 27, 2020

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Chrodyn posted:

Can confirm they only give items for characters in the party. I made a new game+ with the three I didn't use first time and got items for charlotte at the first inn angela visits.

E: first playthrough was Hawkeye/Duran/Reisz.

So I guess I totally need to grind seeds + respec so that I have as many 'chain abilities' as possible for my NG+ save. Because the game totally needs me to be that broken.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey Ferrinus if you're still looking for character power lists in a handy place a dude on Steam is writing character guides that have all the feat choices and such.

Here's Duran for example. He's got 3 of 6 posted. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073481233

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What are Angela's coolest classes for the remake?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Manxome Foe posted:

My kingdom for AI allies that don't stand directly in the in the path of boss attacks, or run into insta-death zones trying to attack the boss.

I liked how Charlotte kept saying "Hey, watch it!" to nobody in particular when walking blindly into fire traps in the fire caves.
At least they don't get stuck on walls and prevent you from leaving the screen like in Secret of Mana.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Item Getter posted:

I liked how Charlotte kept saying "Hey, watch it!" to nobody in particular when walking blindly into fire traps in the fire caves.
At least they don't get stuck on walls and prevent you from leaving the screen like in Secret of Mana.

At least when they walk into fire traps and whatnot when traveling they don't debuffed. During boss fights, they would stand RIGHT in the paths of big attacks and just die. It's frustrating, but I'm on NG+ and I have 99 Cups of Wishes so it's just a minor annoyance now.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Manxome Foe posted:

At least when they walk into fire traps and whatnot when traveling they don't debuffed. During boss fights, they would stand RIGHT in the paths of big attacks and just die. It's frustrating, but I'm on NG+ and I have 99 Cups of Wishes so it's just a minor annoyance now.

They're still better than some of the players I have to heal in FF14 so I'll take it.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Harrow posted:

What are Angela's coolest classes for the remake?

I went Magus with her and with Paladin Duran tanking and holding support chain abilities and Charlotte as Necromancer for debuffs and healing/twinkle rain I am having an absolute blast. Angela has 3 wound magic to tap into everyone's HP for a massive magic boost, she starts with MGC up buff. Charlotte starts combat with enemies automatically mdef down and increasing weak point dmg while buffing her summons and heals. Duran has provoke, guard and MGC boost. Rest is all filler for MP regen auras.

This party is just there to boost Angela really, and it absolutely wrecks face. I love it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When do ??? Seeds start dropping? I grabbed the six free ones that are in the Benevodon dungeons but I got some duplicate items so Kevin's SOL.

(Incidentally, how do Fatal Fist and Enlightened compare?)

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
okay so what's the savescumming method for rainbow seeds? i must be doing something wrong.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Why did the difficulty skyrocket during the siege of Laurent? Those bosses were, uh, something.
Is there any way to make sure my AI party members don't immediately run back into the blast radius when I try to move them out of the way of an AOE? They seem suicidal.
Also, I picked Hawkeye, Riesz, and Angela. Did I pick, like, the one combo that gets no healing spells? On the Dark Prince route? Because if so, oof.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

YggiDee posted:

When do ??? Seeds start dropping? I grabbed the six free ones that are in the Benevodon dungeons but I got some duplicate items so Kevin's SOL.

I managed to get a couple from enemy drops early on with my first benevodon, land umber and then got some more from my third, xan bie, and by all accounts they become considerably more common after beating four of the fuckers

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

YggiDee posted:

I think the Silver Wolves in Chartmoon tower have a decent chance of dropping them.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

YggiDee posted:

??? seeds started dropping for me a little before benevodon hunt.
All the benevodon dungeons have a free one anyways through a chest, though their distance varies.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

drat dolan gets insane with spamming aoe attacks once his health is low hard mode must be crazy.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Beefstew posted:

Why did the difficulty skyrocket during the siege of Laurent? Those bosses were, uh, something.
Is there any way to make sure my AI party members don't immediately run back into the blast radius when I try to move them out of the way of an AOE? They seem suicidal.
Also, I picked Hawkeye, Riesz, and Angela. Did I pick, like, the one combo that gets no healing spells? On the Dark Prince route? Because if so, oof.

No healing spells as such, but Valkyrie Riesz gets an ability that heals the party for 7% after every battle, which helps with attrition somewhat.

Item healing has its own advantages; it comes out much faster than healing spells, for instance.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I will note I never got a game over playing on normal. I'll have to try Hard someday - if I ever get the game on Steam, maybe I'll stream a hard mode run, that might be a fun gimmick. For now I'm mostly concerned with becoming incredibly powerful and swole through New Game+ and having a "perfect" set of characters.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Honestly attrition isnt a big deal since Candies are cheap and you can automatically heal everyone with them through the ring menu anyways.
Kinda makes those passives redundant.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Those stat boosts from tier 3 classes are massive. I don't think the game wants you to class change until you at least clear half of the Benevodons. I rushed the 6 free ??? seeds and managed to get every class possible. The first 3 Benevodons were complete chumps and the rest weren't that hard either but at least had some levels.

Necromancer Charlotte gets a 50 point increase in Strength. For the record that makes her strength higher than Duran in his dark classes. You don't get a huge boost in spirit like her light classes but if you want to bonk things I rather like it along with the stat debuffs.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 27, 2020

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I really haven't had too many issues with Hard mode. I'm on the volcano island now but items are so plentiful and combat is tough but never so much I feel like I don't know what I"m doing. I thought the Ghost Ship boss was going to be a nightmare but everything was very dodgeable. I never could figure out his stun condition though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Dammit, Amazon now has my delivery pushed to Wednesday. I feel like I'll have experienced the whole game through obsessive post reading and Twitch streams by then.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ghost ship boss felt really rough to me, but in a good way. You only have two characters and your AI partner doesn't auto-dodge like they normally do, so you have to attack from different angles so you can constantly track who he's looking at, then take control quickly to dodge incoming attacks.

On the whole Hard mode feels about as difficult as the original game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nightblade is a very good class but I also think the cape makes Hawkeye look like a dweeb.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I will note I never got a game over playing on normal. I'll have to try Hard someday - if I ever get the game on Steam, maybe I'll stream a hard mode run, that might be a fun gimmick. For now I'm mostly concerned with becoming incredibly powerful and swole through New Game+ and having a "perfect" set of characters.

I barely got any game overs on hard, but one of the several I got was just after getting a seed ??? drop and not saving. That was painful.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Those stat boosts from tier 3 classes are massive. I don't think the game wants you to class change until you at least clear half of the Benevodons. I rushed the 6 free ??? seeds and managed to get every class possible. The first 3 Benevodons were complete chumps and the rest weren't that hard either but at least had some levels.

Necromancer Charlotte gets a 50 point increase in Strength. For the record that makes her strength higher than Duran in his dark classes. You don't get a huge boost in spirit like her light classes but if you want to bonk things I rather like it along with the stat debuffs.

It's even worse when you consider that once you class change it opens up the class 3 gear from silver/gold seeds (or platinums, but platinums can do class 4 gear, soooo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Hardmode would get pretty spicy, then you'd class change and melt everything.
Granted I was using Angela who's pretty busted now after a certain point.