Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Zazi posted:

It's a bit sick that truck driver is being raked over the coals for those cop deaths.

Umm apparently the police officers found an ice pipe in his truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

ili posted:

Blow do you smoke your meth with a special meth pipe or a lightbulb?

:lol: gently caress off.

I haven't smoked ice sice Jan 12th.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

Gov seems to have conflicting viewpoints that either community elimination is impossible/impractical or will just happen and are prepared to play an extended game of whack-a-mole with this. We'd need to do a lot wrong for it to get out of hand but if the numbers do start to rise again not having a crack at elimination now by targeting a few hotspots a bit longer is going to look like a missed opportunity.

It's hard to believe we're in such a good position, early/mid march Morrison was telling people to go to the football, we had 100,000 at the cricket, nearly held the Grand Prix (let a bunch of Italians and Brits enter the country for it) released a plague ship. Truly the Homer Simpson of countries.

It’s frustrating when people don’t take things seriously but it’s also frustrating when they’re kinda proven right. Ugh!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

DumbparameciuM posted:

Blow is a dog oval office

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Blow posted:

its you smoked is this year, then you've already failed the year

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Another high quality interesting and funny post right here

:350:

Schools gonna be a shitshow when the kids start coming back in week 3

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Another high quality interesting and funny post right here

Schools gonna be a shitshow when the kids start coming back in week 3

Man.

Sorry for calling you a "fuckwit" before.

Let it go.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."

well why not posted:

It’s frustrating when people don’t take things seriously but it’s also frustrating when they’re kinda proven right. Ugh!

Its intensely frustrating when I see/hear people talking about how we shouldn't have locked down as tight as we did, or cancelled elective surgeries etc, because "nothing happened". "Nothing happened" (and by that I mean mass casualties and flooding of the health system, like what we have seen overseas, didn't happen. There were still deaths, which are individual tragedies to the families and friends involved and I'm not trying to minimise their losses in any way.) because we took the actions we took, and isn't that absolutely bloody fantastic!

It's a loving incredible collective achievement, and the people who did the right thing, especially those who have had to sacrifice more than others to do so, have every right to be very proud of themselves.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blow posted:

Did you use your victorinox icetool or a lightbulb?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

well why not posted:

They weren't tho

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

ili posted:

Did you use your victorinox icetool or a lightbulb?

Never purchased an ice pipe.

You can get them from your local tobacconist if you are so inclined.

REDACTED]

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blow posted:

Never purchased an ice pipe.

You can get them from your local tobacconist if you are so inclined.

REDACTED]

You're really cagey about answering the question.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Zazi posted:

It's a bit sick that truck driver is being raked over the coals for those cop deaths.

as much of a oval office as the Pusey guy is, he didnt kill em, the truck driver did.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Laserface posted:

as much of a oval office as the Pusey guy is, he didnt kill em, the truck driver did.

And he deserves every bit of punishment for death by dangerous driving he gets. Everyone should at all times be driving in such a way that they can prevent themselves from getting into a collision and he clearly couldn't have been doing that. I just mean it's a bit sick that he's getting railed in the headlines and comments sections because it was four "hero cops" instead of, say, a car full of teenagers.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I guess I just mean it's one of those situations where the truck driver is probably already wrecked past any punishment the judiciary could ever put on him, like that lady who killed those four line-dancing grannies last year, but because it's cops it feels like this guy is gonna end up in forever gaol no matter what the circumstances of the offending was (and Pusey's behaviour around the incident has incited further frothing bloodlust on top of it all)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

ili posted:

You're really cagey about answering the question.

Fine.

When I got introduced to ice (meth) I was like umm maybe don't do it, but I have like railed lines of "speed" before. What's the worst that can happen?

I found out how fast my Subaru goes. (245 km/h (152 mph). I ate pussy for 4 hours. Painted a house.

This is loving triggering me.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

Hey Laserface.

That end of DEVS was suprising to say the least. That one second into the future was messed up.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

ughhhhh god you fuckin suck so bad

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

ughhhhh god you fuckin suck so bad

It's ok dude.

Vent.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

It's ok dude.

Vent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60MnDJklnM

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

topic change away from cracky chat, can someone talk about gardening or home cooking?

How about : anyone here know any music shops in Sydney or online that carry second hand stuff? I want to get a new steel string and can’t help think second hand might be the go when 🌽teen is over

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

These guys are in Melbourne but will ship to you: http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Blow posted:

It's ok dude.

Vent.

vent. noun (1) Definition of vent (Entry 2 of 3) 1 : an opening for the escape of a gas or liquid or for the relief of pressure: such as. a : the external opening of the rectum or cloaca : anus.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Thinking about getting back into music tbh, it's been far too long since I picked up a guitar. Thinking a semi acoustic or hollow body for time being

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I've been playing like crazy since the quarantine, my chops have vastly improved. I don't really listen to any shreddy music but its nice to be able to play faster and cleaner than before. Diddly diddly diddly.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

can we knock off the gimmick blow-posting? its extremely not funny and does zero to combat the problem of 'too many Blow posts in the thread'.

just add him to ignore and move on.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Apparently over 2 million people have downloaded the corona tracker app. That's a lot more than I expected.

Also, as someone who is especially vulnerable to this virus I'm grateful to all the people who did the right thing despite the personal inconvenience it caused.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

don't worry, auspol twitter is still going to find ways to poo poo all over it in the smarmiest most insufferable way

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
How do I download the app onto my 3ds

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bill Posters posted:

These guys are in Melbourne but will ship to you: http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/

looks ideal !! Thanks a lot

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
It's really weird contrasting the "we're going to have new clusters as we slightly lift restrictions but we're prepared for them" messaging coming out of Australia today with the "back to business as usual" messaging coming out of the US.

How anyone can look at how quickly Australia and New Zealand got this under control once they locked down and still maintain that locking down doesn't work is beyond my comprehension.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lolie posted:

It's really weird contrasting the "we're going to have new clusters as we slightly lift restrictions but we're prepared for them" messaging coming out of Australia today with the "back to business as usual" messaging coming out of the US.

How anyone can look at how quickly Australia and New Zealand got this under control once they locked down and still maintain that locking down doesn't work is beyond my comprehension.

Nah, the USA is totally nailed this, and re-opening will definitely help their out of control curve.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

can we knock off the gimmick blow-posting? its extremely not funny and does zero to combat the problem of 'too many Blow posts in the thread'.

just add him to ignore and move on.

Good post.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
blow's continued presence is our punishment for being allowed to use the words the americans hate

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Kins posted:

blow's continued presence is our punishment for being allowed to use the words the americans hate

I thought NVJ's banishment was our punishment for that.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Lolie posted:

I've been quite concerned about it for a week or two now, or whenever since I started noticing articles shift in tone from at least to as soon as - ie, "restrictions to be in place for at least 4 more weeks" to "restrictions could ease in as soon as 4 weeks".

The earliest any sort of vaccination schedule could possibly be realised is 12-18 months or so, and since early on in this piece I've been pretty comfortable with the idea that we all just have to be flexible and resilient in order to keep the wheels moving under the new normal.

Yesterday someone on a work video call commented that because we hadn't had any new cases in 5 days we could look forward to being back in the office full time soon. There's nothing I can do about it if that's the directive we receive, but I'm really worried that this worldwide, unprecedented concerted effort has only tenuously managed to stave off catastrophe and everywhere except New Zealand is going to run headlong straight back into it. We won't even have the benefit of summer weather to help suppress surface viral survival times as we did the first time around.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

You're both wrong, NVJ's banning is our punishment for Blow

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Zazi posted:

I've been quite concerned about it for a week or two now, or whenever since I started noticing articles shift in tone from at least to as soon as - ie, "restrictions to be in place for at least 4 more weeks" to "restrictions could ease in as soon as 4 weeks".

The earliest any sort of vaccination schedule could possibly be realised is 12-18 months or so, and since early on in this piece I've been pretty comfortable with the idea that we all just have to be flexible and resilient in order to keep the wheels moving under the new normal.

Yesterday someone on a work video call commented that because we hadn't had any new cases in 5 days we could look forward to being back in the office full time soon. There's nothing I can do about it if that's the directive we receive, but I'm really worried that this worldwide, unprecedented concerted effort has only tenuously managed to stave off catastrophe and everywhere except New Zealand is going to run headlong straight back into it. We won't even have the benefit of summer weather to help suppress surface viral survival times as we did the first time around.

Our authorities have been very clear that the last restrictions to be lifted will be those on international travel and that even doing that with NZ isn't going to happen until both countries have community transmission under control and will still require mandatory quarantine.

Regardless of what the private sector wants, state governments seem pretty committed to restoring restrictions if easing them causes large or non-local spikes.

The biggest unknown at the moment is what happens when the temporary legislation introduced to deal with this ends. Most of it is only active for 3-6 months even though authorities are saying we'll be living under a changed normal for at least 12.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Visible Stink posted:

You're both wrong, NVJ's banning is our punishment for Blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Lolie posted:

Our authorities have been very clear that the last restrictions to be lifted will be those on international travel and that even doing that with NZ isn't going to happen until both countries have community transmission under control and will still require mandatory quarantine.

Regardless of what the private sector wants, state governments seem pretty committed to restoring restrictions if easing them causes large or non-local spikes.

The biggest unknown at the moment is what happens when the temporary legislation introduced to deal with this ends. Most of it is only active for 3-6 months even though authorities are saying we'll be living under a changed normal for at least 12.

I work for State Gov btw and we were reaaaally reticent to even move to the partial WFH arrangements we have now. Maybe the sentiment is different on the East Coast, but here in SA it feels like Steve Marshall is chomping at the bit.