Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i'll will check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Going Down and the Japanese community map pack are really good. youcant really go wrong with most cacoward wads either https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)
7)FFVIIRM

It was pretty good. Fighting flying enemies and all the motorcycle parts sucked rear end, but pretty stellar experience otherwise imo. I wish I remembered more about the original so I could figure out why that guy on ResetERA wanted to kill himself over the ending.

Also for DooMWads, some of my favorites are: Back to Saturn X, Ancient Aliens, and Sunlust. Sunlust is really good but insanely hard.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

thanks for the rec's. i'm playing Going Down now and it's great so far, loved the time travel map where you do stuff in the present to open secrets in the future. i'm not very good so idk if I can play the really hard wads like sunlust/sunder and stuff like that. scythe comes up a lot so i'll probably give that a try too.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah i been meaning to try out going down thats supposed to be good. ancient aliens is also very cool and the levels look neato

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Finished La-Mulana, its been about 6 years since I last played through it. Moving on to the sequel.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

prison architect story mode

i shouldnt buy these sorts of games because i just lost a whole day

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

7. Scythe. The first two eps are really fun to play through, compact maps with a few neat ideas and very fair difficulty. Last episode gets much harder without being too frustrating except for a couple of massive slaughter maps, map 30 especially. Return to Saturn X next

Maya Fey fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 27, 2020

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Doom 2016 - Probably the best shooter I've played since Painkiller. Did all the challenges and weapon upgrades and got all the collectibles. The soundtrack was incredible too.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Doom 2016 - Probably the best shooter I've played since Painkiller. Did all the challenges and weapon upgrades and got all the collectibles. The soundtrack was incredible too.

Boy do you have a fun surprise waiting for you

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you don’t have GamesBrain and can deal with an annoying enemy and managing one additional cooldown Eternal is going to rock your world pimp.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

If you don’t have GamesBrain and can deal with an annoying enemy and managing one additional cooldown Eternal is going to rock your world pimp.

those sound like the things they love in Games

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Well it’s not

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

thanks for the rec's. i'm playing Going Down now and it's great so far, loved the time travel map where you do stuff in the present to open secrets in the future. i'm not very good so idk if I can play the really hard wads like sunlust/sunder and stuff like that. scythe comes up a lot so i'll probably give that a try too.

i started playing going down on hmp and keeping weapons between levels because i'm bad. unless i die then ive been forcing pistol start by warping it's sick as heck can't believe i didn't try it years ago fuuuu. the concept of clearing out the uac hq being run by demons is pretty funny and cute, and the levels and spawns up to 12 or w/e i'm on have been extremeley clever without being lovely traffic jams where you blow yourself up with the bazooka. doom ftw

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Grandia II HD
Very good, improved from the first game. Both games are excellent.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Baxate posted:

Grandia II HD
Very good, improved from the first game. Both games are excellent.

How were the quality of the ports?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How were the quality of the ports?

Grandia 1 I didn't have any issues with, I played it all before the latest patch that fixed some things I didn't notice at the time anyway

Grandia 2 I had a lot of slowdown in combat in handheld mode, it ran fine docked though which is mostly how I played it. They issued the latest patch when I was like midway through the game, so that fixed the slowdown and some other issues like Elena's face texture used to turn red in cutscenes. There were some audio mixing problems in G2 that maybe they fixed but its hard to tell when I haven't played the original.

Apparently it was pretty bad at launch, but in my experience they're both playable but I can't compare them to the originals.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
3a) Nioh - All DLC
5) Doom Eternal
7)FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020)

Kind of lovely. Feels very low budget and runs like poo poo on the Switch. If you’re going to play just one remake of a 90s RPG this year play FFVIIRM.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

fadam posted:

1) Hades - First escape.
3a) Nioh - All DLC
5) Doom Eternal
7)FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020)

Kind of lovely. Feels very low budget and runs like poo poo on the Switch. If you’re going to play just one remake of a 90s RPG this year play FFVIIRM.

Yeah I got that vibe. Thanks for the warning

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah I got that vibe. Thanks for the warning

Any time king

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to play both

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

im going to play both

With 16 hours a day to play it'll be a miracle if there's any games left by 2021

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

im going to play both

:hai:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Streets of Rage 4. Great game if you’re a fan of 1-3

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
also Streets of Rage 4. only on normal difficulty though, used Blaze the whole time. will be running through many more times with other characters & on harder settings. Unlocked a couple SoR1 characters and they're so basic that it makes them kinda unusable when things get really hectic. more an easter egg than anything else.

SoR2 and 3 characters will probably fare much better

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

8. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. I like the investigation mechanics and the characters in this game but the cases are just average and they drag on a bit. I liked the tiny sprites.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Doom Eternal (Ultra-Violent). The purple goo and tentacles sucked rear end but besides that I loved it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Doom Eternal (Ultra-Violent). The purple goo and tentacles sucked rear end but besides that I loved it.

What’s your take on Marauders and the flamethrower?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

fadam posted:

What’s your take on Marauders and the flamethrower?

The first encounter was mind bogglingly tough but then I figured them out and then they were fine. Never really got a handle for the flamethrower, mostly just used it on zombies to stock up after a big fight.

Doody Terminal

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

The first encounter was mind bogglingly tough but then I figured them out and then they were fine. Never really got a handle for the flamethrower, mostly just used it on zombies to stock up after a big fight.

Doody Terminal

Respect ✊

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

5. Zelda: Ocarina of Time Randomized, once solo and a few more times co-op. There's something you can do now where you connect to other people and when one of you finds an item, it unlocks it for everyone. It's so much fun. I'm about to start another seed.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation. Every game has been better than the last. I complained in the weekend thread that it was too grindy but I really only needed to grind once towards the beginning when enemies first started getting harder and then again closer to the end before facing one of the last bosses, otherwise it wasn’t an issue at all. I liked all the prequel stuff too, seeing the origin of all the legendary gear in the first game, visiting Damdara before it was destroyed, etc.

I think I’m going to finish a few other games before I start 4 but I’m looking forward to it—I bought it years and years ago without knowing anything about the series just because the hero on the cover looked cool but never got very far in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation. Every game has been better than the last. I complained in the weekend thread that it was too grindy but I really only needed to grind once towards the beginning when enemies first started getting harder and then again closer to the end before facing one of the last bosses, otherwise it wasn’t an issue at all. I liked all the prequel stuff too, seeing the origin of all the legendary gear in the first game, visiting Damdara before it was destroyed, etc.

I think I’m going to finish a few other games before I start 4 but I’m looking forward to it—I bought it years and years ago without knowing anything about the series just because the hero on the cover looked cool but never got very far in it

Dragon Quest IV and V are two of the best JRPGs I've ever played, whenever you decide to pick em up you're gonna have a blast.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Hitman 2
wasn't expecting to beat it already but now the real game begins with all the challenges

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I bought it years and years ago without knowing anything about the series just because the hero on the cover looked cool but never got very far in it

Lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
3a) Nioh - All DLC
5) Doom Eternal
7)FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020
9) Streets of Rage 4

Very cool. Makes me want to track down a copy of that fan made SoR collection that has a ton of stages and characters.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Aston posted:

5. Zelda: Ocarina of Time Randomized, once solo and a few more times co-op. There's something you can do now where you connect to other people and when one of you finds an item, it unlocks it for everyone. It's so much fun. I'm about to start another seed.

join the races in the rando thread

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

9. Doom the Way Id Did. It's a 3-episode Doom wad that tries to emulate the original Doom's mapping style. As a result it's mostly big, sparsely populated maps that look ugly and get kinda boring imo but it was nice to breeze through it whenever i get frustrated in gd

mysterious loyall X posted:

i started playing going down on hmp and keeping weapons between levels because i'm bad. unless i die then ive been forcing pistol start by warping it's sick as heck can't believe i didn't try it years ago fuuuu. the concept of clearing out the uac hq being run by demons is pretty funny and cute, and the levels and spawns up to 12 or w/e i'm on have been extremeley clever without being lovely traffic jams where you blow yourself up with the bazooka. doom ftw

i had to lower to HMP halfway through and it's kicking my rear end

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Crushing*

*I cheesed the final boss because that awful sequence does not deserve to disgrace the game's greatness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

18. Shenmue. Going to start II right away. I loved it.