Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

puppets freak me out posted:

If I make a second villager for my island would that let me get 2 pieces of art from Redd? Or is it 1 per island?

I have three villagers and can buy 3 pieces of artwork at a time with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Captain Hygiene posted:

Bill moved out yesterday and I started the rando islander lottery again. This time I got a hyper rabbit on my first try, not a cat but good enough to not chance getting more unlikable weirdos.
why do people hate pietro when something this terrifying exists

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Blaziken386 posted:

why do people hate pietro when something this terrifying exists

We can all come together and hate them both!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just found out I have like three days to get a tuna and a blue marlin before they vanish for the season; is there an easier way to get them to appear besides tossing fish bait off the pier?

That's the easiest. It's possible they are more common on Nook Islands, but I'm not sure - process would still be the same.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I still need to get a golden trout, but I’ve had zero luck on my clifftops at night. Maybe I need to do more mystery islands.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Credible rumor that the most recent patch drastically cut down the chances of a turnip price spike

This is certainly the first Tuesday where we have not had a half-dozen turnip exchange links first thing in the morning on this thread

I remember reading an article in the early aughts where Miyamoto said he thought online gaming was a fad. Don't know if he still thinks that, but Nintendo as a company still doesn't "get" it if they didn't foresee the exchange, or even people posting Dodo codes. It manages to be even more incomprehensible than when they talked about the 3DS Smash Bros seamlessly and silently subbing in bots if a player disconnects mid match, so you'll never know if your brilliant upset was against a real player. They acted like they thought it was a great feature. They're such a weird company.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carcosa is open, with fossils for days! Nook's selling an electric guitar, and a cabinet record player. Able's has tuxedos and a clown nose. Turnips suck, but Sahara is wandering around. Help yourself to some apples, and mind the flowers. Be there!

F5KY5

\/ Better to stop by now if you can.

e: closed for now. Thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 28, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Carcosa is open, with fossils for days! Nook's selling an electric guitar, and a cabinet record player. Turnips suck, but Sahara is wandering around. Help yourself to some apples, and mind the flowers. Be there!

F5KY5

ooh is the cabinet record player first come first serve? sounds tight. how long you gonna be open for? i have a meeting in ~45 and was planning on popping in after that, but i can scoot through real quick now if you won't be open for ~2 hours

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Johnny Truant posted:

do things in the recycle bin at resident services actually get.. recycled? there have been two saplings in there for a loooong time

if not i may store free mats or some poo poo in there

Once it's full old stuff is discarded to make room for new stuff.

That said it seems like you'll get at most two or three things a day, so it's probably fairly safe as long as you don't fill it up? Note that visitors can't use the recycle bin at all if you were hoping to put stuff for them in there.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Dodo code is CLOSED

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 28, 2020

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Waffle! posted:

Carcosa is open, with fossils for days! Nook's selling an electric guitar, and a cabinet record player. Able's has tuxedos and a clown nose. Turnips suck, but Sahara is wandering around. Help yourself to some apples, and mind the flowers. Be there!

F5KY5

\/ Better to stop by now if you can.

Tryna get in for that guitar.

Hootler
Apr 8, 2007

Ain't you got worms?
Opening up for a bit.

Sahara is here with ramshackle wallpaper and white chocolate flooring.

Tom is crafting a bamboo hat.

Nooks has cream and sugar and a revolving spice rack.

I have a bunch of fossils out front if you need them.

Gonna close up, thanks for stopping by. :)

Hootler fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 28, 2020

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Johnny Truant posted:

ooh is the cabinet record player first come first serve? sounds tight. how long you gonna be open for? i have a meeting in ~45 and was planning on popping in after that, but i can scoot through real quick now if you won't be open for ~2 hours

I snagged this, but PM and you can come catalog it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mordiceius posted:

I’ve learned long ago that if you voice and complaints/criticisms of this game, someone in this thread will inevitably step in to say you’re wrong and that bad thing is actually good. (There are a lot of very bad and very stupid things about this game)

Like I love the game, and literally played it the entire day during my day off yesterday. But there's so many little annoying things that drive me crazy. Not enough to stop playing but I'm still gonna complain when my shovel breaks or how awful the dodo dialogue stuff is or whatever

Luckily Poppy will walk up wearing a big pair of glasses and start looking at flowers with a magnifying glass so

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So someone mentioned this earlier, but I didn't fully understood what they meant till I saw it myself.

Every resident on your island gets a daily beach bottle DIY.

I've got Gulliver today so I decided to abuse him for rusted parts with extra residents. Something that's huge is you're not forced to put down a tent. So beyond the rusted parts and extra DIYs, I'm assuming I can also: Get extra copies of villager DIYs. (Good if you want to pass to a friend who can't visit?) Get extra models from Flick/CJ (though, without being able to transfer creatures, it will be a bit more work) Get extra recipes from Celeste, get extra art from Redd? All without having to take up real estate on my island...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

HaB posted:

I snagged this, but PM and you can come catalog it.

amazing, thanks! my meeting (of course) got pushed back an hour so i may swing through in just a bit, although i wanna take at least a little break from screens(i say as i type this message out on a screen...)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have never once seen anyone post "Bad things are actually GOOD" but I have seen posters tell Nonstop Complainers to shut the heck up which is indeed good

Complain in moderation as part of a balanced diet of also shutting the heck up

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have never once seen anyone post "Bad things are actually GOOD" but I have seen posters tell Nonstop Complainers to shut the heck up which is indeed good

:hmmyes:

complain like this: i just started actually terraforming and moving buildings around, and yup, only being able to move one building around is a nuisance! but oh well, i'll just go do one of the million other things i can do in the interim until that building is moved

behold my infinite patience, i have spent my life pining for this

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
For some reason I felt like Terra forming was not going to be up my alley so I ignored it for 3 weeks

Ohmygod I'm hooked now

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I used to do this a stupid amount on SA, go into Relevant Thread to complain about things I didn't like about X Thing and even when I was looking for genuine conversation about it, it was never received well and it makes perfect sense why. It doesn't really contribute anything of value to the thread discussion and it makes more sense to vent things like that in person to friends or whatever.

In this particular case the unfortunate answer to most of the annoying things in the game is "they designed it that way on purpose". The whole game is built to be a time-waster and the restrictions are the point in a lot of ways. I think most probably agree that the drawbacks are annoying or frustrating or whatever, but it's just the price of admission to play the game.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

For some reason I felt like Terra forming was not going to be up my alley so I ignored it for 3 weeks

Ohmygod I'm hooked now

Oh god I'm so into the terraforming that it's genuinely insidiously tempting to get another switch and copy of the game (this won't happen but my heart wants it) just to have a new island to push dirt around in. My plaza is right up by the airport and it blew my mind when I started going to islands where the plaza isn't anywhere in view of the airport. So many possibilities ahhh

mareep fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 28, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ohmygod I'm hooked now

omg yup

i made a single pathway last night and now i'm like :doit:

although it really shines a bright light on my lack of artistic capabilities :negative:

i actually still have never opened the waterfall or cliff part of the app, whoops i should do that to get that little stamp

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Having to move 8/10 villager houses and the campsite over the course of 9 days, but I actually have a vision for my town now and can improve it piecemeal so it looks good every step of the way, and this is the most fun I've been having so far.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I got a hamster cage with a lil hamster running on the wheel. I'm tempted to gift it to Apple to see if she says anything, although I gifted her an apple and she didn't say anything. Maybe I should build the Apple TV Juicy Apple TV and give it to her instead.

Also should I be shaking my trees for furniture? All of them? I've got so many but I don't wanna get rid of them.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

track day bro! posted:

I got a hamster cage with a lil hamster running on the wheel. I'm tempted to gift it to Apple to see if she says anything, although I gifted her an apple and she didn't say anything. Maybe I should build the Apple TV Juicy Apple TV and give it to her instead.

Also should I be shaking my trees for furniture? All of them? I've got so many but I don't wanna get rid of them.

I think you only get two furniture drops a day so once you find both you're good on that front.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

track day bro! posted:

only non-fruit trees!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Oxyclean posted:

get extra art from Redd? All without having to take up real estate on my island...

I've been wondering about Redd, since he ships the art to you; do you necessarily need a tent/mailbox for your alternate villager or is there an alternative delivery mechanism?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

track day bro! posted:

I gave her one yesterday, she was super excited about it but didn't say anything specific about owning a tiny captive version of herself

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

This has probably been asked before, but how does Saharah's inventory differ from player to player? If someone else on my island purchased from them today, if I go to buy from them will they have the same stuff? And if I go to another friend's island who has Saharah today will their stuff be different there?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

JoeGlassJAw posted:

This has probably been asked before, but how does Saharah's inventory differ from player to player? If someone else on my island purchased from them today, if I go to buy from them will they have the same stuff? And if I go to another friend's island who has Saharah today will their stuff be different there?

everything is set per-visit except, i think, for the items you get from saharah's tickets? those might be random

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Saharah has different inventory per island. Everyone visiting her in your town gets the same selection, you visiting her somewhere else will get different stuff.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/MikeCatSU/status/1254556145269854220?s=19

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I've been wondering about Redd, since he ships the art to you; do you necessarily need a tent/mailbox for your alternate villager or is there an alternative delivery mechanism?

Oh shoot, that's a good point, I totally forgot about the mail box. Redd/CJ/Flick are probably not gonna work with alts.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

only non-fruit trees!

I just noticed today that the trees have some sort of marking but I can barely tell the difference between the hardwood ones and the fruit ones haha.

Johnny Truant posted:

omg yup

i made a single pathway last night and now i'm like :doit:

although it really shines a bright light on my lack of artistic capabilities :negative:

i actually still have never opened the waterfall or cliff part of the app, whoops i should do that to get that little stamp

I've made a few paths but I haven't gone ham with the other tools apart from adding or removing bits of space when needed. I don't feel like completely restructuring my island. But the bottom half of mine is sort of planned out and the top half is still pretty empty with lots of trees and weeds.

Some of my villagers are a bit too clustered together so I might move them up to the top but I've got to make more inclines and then I'll probably do a bit more landscaping.

Hobo Clown posted:

I gave her one yesterday, she was super excited about it but didn't say anything specific about owning a tiny captive version of herself

This just raises further questions

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Oxyclean posted:

So someone mentioned this earlier, but I didn't fully understood what they meant till I saw it myself.

Every resident on your island gets a daily beach bottle DIY.

I've got Gulliver today so I decided to abuse him for rusted parts with extra residents. Something that's huge is you're not forced to put down a tent. So beyond the rusted parts and extra DIYs, I'm assuming I can also: Get extra copies of villager DIYs. (Good if you want to pass to a friend who can't visit?) Get extra models from Flick/CJ (though, without being able to transfer creatures, it will be a bit more work) Get extra recipes from Celeste, get extra art from Redd? All without having to take up real estate on my island...

Celeste will give all your residents the same recipe sadly, but otherwise yes all that stuff.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

track day bro! posted:

I just noticed today that the trees have some sort of marking but I can barely tell the difference between the hardwood ones and the fruit ones haha.

It's easier to notice during cherry blossom season and fall, maybe winter. The leaves become different colors altogether.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Turnip prices are currently 323 on Bungusland, which I know isn't the best, so I'm just going to throw the Dodo code up here for now if you aren't on Discord and/or don't want to deal with much of a rush (or maybe there will be, we'll see).

Take the first left out of the airport and Nook's is just over the brick bridge.

Saharah is also in town with Laboratory Wall and Dig-Site Flooring (I have both so I left freebies in front of Nook's). It's also raining.

Dodo code is JNMY1 -- if things get too busy/hammered I may delete it from this post but keep it active a while longer; we'll see. Hopefully things stay chill a while.

Wow, this game's netcode is awful, but I was able to sell my turnips for a decent profit.

I also took your freebie Lab Wall. Thanks!

EDIT: Your Nook's Cranny also had books, which is super awesome since I had a few book related DIYs I wanted to craft

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 28, 2020

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Opened up my island while I do other stuff.
Edit: Closed
DIY: Sherb is making Garden Rock
Able's: https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1255183775798972416?s=20
Nook's: Kettle, Amp, Roses/Hyacinths/Pansies
Kicks: Purple Kiddie Sneakers, Black Power Boots, Red Samurai Greaves
Flowers are directly north of the airport near the river if you wanna be a sweetheart and water them.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 28, 2020

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Turnip prices are currently 323 on Bungusland, which I know isn't the best, so I'm just going to throw the Dodo code up here for now if you aren't on Discord and/or don't want to deal with much of a rush (or maybe there will be, we'll see).

Take the first left out of the airport and Nook's is just over the brick bridge.

Saharah is also in town with Laboratory Wall and Dig-Site Flooring (I have both so I left freebies in front of Nook's). It's also raining.

Dodo code is JNMY1 -- if things get too busy/hammered I may delete it from this post but keep it active a while longer; we'll see. Hopefully things stay chill a while.

That was enough to net me my first million, thanks! I left a few NMTs behind Able's.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Celeste will give all your residents the same recipe sadly, but otherwise yes all that stuff.

Really? I know there's the zodiac recipes where you always get them if you don't have them yet, but it seems odd that visitors get random recipes but not residents? (At least compared to how beach DIYs aren't the same for all residents.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Is there a quick way to farm Stone?

I seem to get even less from Nook Islands than I do from the rocks on my island.