Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
welp i realized a much better incline placement about two seconds after paying it off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Yeah I just spent the last two days moving my museum two squares back only to decide I'd rather have it where it was originally. But this Museum Dino Adventure hedge maze is gonna be lit so it's worth it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

Is there a quick way to farm Stone?

I seem to get even less from Nook Islands than I do from the rocks on my island.

I've got loads of stone and iron just by digging two holes stopping myself from moving away from the rock when bashing it. Then on the nook islands I eat a fruit and destroy it for one extra stone. I had so much I ended up selling some of it off. I mean you can't do this everywhere but I've got the stones on my island to spawn in places with enough space to do it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Turnip prices are currently 323 on Bungusland, which I know isn't the best, so I'm just going to throw the Dodo code up here for now if you aren't on Discord and/or don't want to deal with much of a rush (or maybe there will be, we'll see).

Take the first left out of the airport and Nook's is just over the brick bridge.

Saharah is also in town with Laboratory Wall and Dig-Site Flooring (I have both so I left freebies in front of Nook's). It's also raining.

Dodo code is JNMY1 -- if things get too busy/hammered I may delete it from this post but keep it active a while longer; we'll see. Hopefully things stay chill a while.

I dropped a 99k bag and watched as another visitor ran over and grabbed it and ran off to the store :v:

Well then.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

track day bro! posted:

I've made a few paths but I haven't gone ham with the other tools apart from adding or removing bits of space when needed. I don't feel like completely restructuring my island. But the bottom half of mine is sort of planned out and the top half is still pretty empty with lots of trees and weeds.

Oh, it always starts small. You just want to widen one river for a bridge, or add a bit of cliff to give you more room for hybrid growing. Then before you know it that cliff to the southwest would make a perfect spot for your museum if you just knocked everything down and built a giant lake and a bunch of waterfalls.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sold my first-ever load of turnips today. Dropped 130k on them on Sunday for 110 each. My son about lost his fuckin poo poo when he saw how much total money I spent (everything I had) and refused to buy any.

Sold them all today for 500-something off turnip.exchange. Grossed ~700k and can pay off 2 house loans. What's up now, kid?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I hope you aren't teaching the kid unrealistic expectations about the real life stock market....

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Is there any reliable/confirmed/datamined information concerning the "having your visitors water your flowers" thing? It all sounds like the standard confirmation bias bullshit, like the methods to get your neighbors to leave.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dropped a 99k bag and watched as another visitor ran over and grabbed it and ran off to the store :v:

Well then.

Yeesh. Sorry about that. I was afraid a public code might lead to stuff like this.

I don't need tips, especially if this is going to happen; would appreciate a doodle on my bulletin board instead.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Oxyclean posted:

Really? I know there's the zodiac recipes where you always get them if you don't have them yet, but it seems odd that visitors get random recipes but not residents? (At least compared to how beach DIYs aren't the same for all residents.)

I guess I should clarify, in my experience, she give the same recipe for the zodiac.

She hasn’t been back since the signs changed so yeah you’re probably right that next time I see her she will give us all different recipes.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Prowler posted:

Is there any reliable/confirmed/datamined information concerning the "having your visitors water your flowers" thing? It all sounds like the standard confirmation bias bullshit, like the methods to get your neighbors to leave.
the flowers literally have gold sparkles and pop out new ones like crazy

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/runchild_switch/status/1255188352367648769?s=21
I was very surprised to find a Lily of the Valley on my island, because I assumed my wall o’ bugs and enormous field of reject flowers would be “clutter” preventing a 5 star rating. But I guess I was wrong, cause it obviously seems to be the thing that got me there.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

When does Celeste even show up? I've had multiple visits by everyone but Kicks and Leif, but not a single owl who isn't Blathers. :(

Also never got shooting stars yet either.
Only reason I even have a wand is because I'm so good at fishing.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

HaB posted:

Is there a quick way to farm Stone?

I seem to get even less from Nook Islands than I do from the rocks on my island.

I have a theory that you get way more of one material from mining because I have two islands. On one, I can never get enough iron and always have tons of stone and a decent amount of clay. On the other, there’s some days where I won’t get any clay whatsoever and am extremely iron rich. Do you have an excessive amount of iron or clay?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

Oh, it always starts small. You just want to widen one river for a bridge, or add a bit of cliff to give you more room for hybrid growing. Then before you know it that cliff to the southwest would make a perfect spot for your museum if you just knocked everything down and built a giant lake and a bunch of waterfalls.

Well I could do with some more waterfalls......

Also I've realised the dream of dressing like a Japanese delinquent

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

track day bro! posted:

Diggin' the Rare googly eyes on your pompadour.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Gonna leave my island open for a bit while I’m in an appointment.

Kicks is here with some frilly little shoes and these bags:
- Knapsack
- Crossbody bag (pink)
- Canvas backpack (white/red)
- Square backpack (green)
- Outdoor backpack (blue)

Nooks have a Server for 100,000 bells. Seems kinda rare?

Some free lovely DIY recipes on the right side beach above the suburban area.

Anyway if you feel like watering the flowers on the northern cliff of my island that’d be sick.

Dodo: 2G59W

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Metaline posted:

I have a theory that you get way more of one material from mining because I have two islands. On one, I can never get enough iron and always have tons of stone and a decent amount of clay. On the other, there’s some days where I won’t get any clay whatsoever and am extremely iron rich. Do you have an excessive amount of iron or clay?

yeah I tend to get mostly Clay / Iron from Nook Islands for sure. From my own, it's maybe 25% stone.

I don't ever use Clay for anything, so I definitely have stacks of that. Iron I will blow on something like a hot item that needs it, but other wise I don't use much of it.

I just checked my storage, I have 8 stacks and some change of Clay / Iron, and 3 stacks of Stone. That seems about equal to the drop rates I see.

Willing to trade, if someone's interested.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Just gonna toss this up here for now:

Turnips for 365 bells. I'll be slightly afk for the rest of the evening, but I should notice if there is a connection mishap. Oh and Leif is here too, with hibiscus as the second bush type.

https://turnip.exchange/island/834921c7

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

wafflemoose posted:

EDIT: Your Nook's Cranny also had books, which is super awesome since I had a few book related DIYs I wanted to craft

Ah right yeah, forgot about that. I've had the Classic Library Wall recipe for nearly as long as I've had the game but never had the patience to actually order the books for it.

Unlimited books! Pinky is also crafting the cabin wall. Will close up in about 30-60 minutes though depending on how many visitors drop in over the next hour.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Opening my town for a bit. Dodo Code is 08HK4. (e: closed)

I have tons of fossils and miscellaneous other stuff! Take whatever you want! If anyone has an extra Archelon Tail I'd appreciate it since it's the last fossil I'm missing (e: Some kind soul gave me one, thank you very much!), but otherwise I don't need anything unless you want to give me weird poo poo, I'm down with that.

I've got Lily in boxes! She's a good and kind frogger who's looking for a change in life, so I hope one of you can give her a good home!

Nook's selling hamster cages and baby pandas (green). Also one blue corner (wrestling ring) if you're trying for a full ring! (e: Sold!) Able Sisters have some decent outdoorsy clothing like fishing vests and overalls. Also Kicks is in town. Turnips are 95, not worth the trip.

DIY: Tangy's making stacked magazines, southwest corner of the island (left of the airport).

I'll be semi-AFK but I hope those that make the trip enjoy themselves!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 28, 2020

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Turnips for 365 bells. I'll be slightly afk for the rest of the evening, but I should notice if there is a connection mishap. Oh and Leif is here too, with hibiscus as the second bush type.

Thanks! I left a tip behind your Town Hall.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

track day bro! posted:

Meanwhile, I've turned into a greaser.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Thanks so much! I continue to marvel at the generosity of goons. Left you a quick note in the town square.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

track day bro! posted:

:c00l:

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1254853756606222341?s=20

also:

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1255205086323564547?s=20

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1255206096131600385?s=20

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I'm opening up the gates to the communist utopia of Coralcola for a while - I'll be mostly AFK.

Turnips are 507 bells. For the next 30 minutes or so, Zell is teaching gold armored boots recipes. There's also a fairy tale dress for sale in Abel's.

Tips appreciated but not in any way necessary. Please mind the flowers.

Dodo code is CX413

Falstaff fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 28, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Spent over two hours in a queue to sell turnips for around 470 and it was well worth it.

House completely paid off and now I have nothing to do but fine tune my island.

Kinda thinking about a lot of fencing to keep visiting sellers in their own area.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Ah right yeah, forgot about that. I've had the Classic Library Wall recipe for nearly as long as I've had the game but never had the patience to actually order the books for it.

Unlimited books! Pinky is also crafting the cabin wall. Will close up in about 30-60 minutes though depending on how many visitors drop in over the next hour.

Thanks for opening! I left you some drawings and a spare recipe card as a gift. You just saved me at least a week’s worth of catalog purchases in order to make some book stacks and bookshelves, so that’s pretty great.

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013
After about a week of frantic checking, Redd has finally graced my island! He seems to have one real and two fake paintings left if anyone's interested, (real painting gone! Might as well close). You can get to him without a ladder via the left side beach. Nook's has unlimited espresso machines and there's nothing especially interesting at Able's. Free stuff to the left of the airport~

chensterrain fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 28, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

redcheval posted:

In this particular case the unfortunate answer to most of the annoying things in the game is "they designed it that way on purpose". The whole game is built to be a time-waster and the restrictions are the point in a lot of ways. I think most probably agree that the drawbacks are annoying or frustrating or whatever, but it's just the price of admission to play the game.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-designer-explains-why-salmon-run-isnt-always-a-1801065018

quote:

In Japan, everything is tailored. You’ve probably heard Sheena Iyengar’s TED talk, in which she went to a restaurant in Japan and tried to order sugar in her green tea. The people at the cafe said, “One does not put sugar in green tea,” and then, “We don’t have sugar.” But when she ordered coffee instead, it did come with sugar! In Japan, there’s a sense of, “We’re making this thing for you, and this is how we think this thing is better enjoyed.” This is why, in Splatoon, the maps rotate every couple of hours. And the modes change. “I bought this game. Why can’t I just enjoy this game the way I want?” That’s not how we think here. Yes, you did buy the game. But we made this game. And we’re pretty confident about how this game should be enjoyed.

I do agree there are definitely a few interface things that get annoying, but I absolutely respect the Soup Nazi design philosophy they have there. Have it our way.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Falstaff posted:

I'm opening up the gates to the communist utopia of Coralcola for a while - I'll be mostly AFK.

Turnips are 507 bells. For the next 30 minutes or so, Zell is teaching gold armored boots recipes. There's also a fairy tale dress for sale in Abel's.

Dodo code is CX413

Had a communication error. Opened up again, haha, this is ridiculous.

Falstaff fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 28, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hobo Clown posted:

Saharah has different inventory per island. Everyone visiting her in your town gets the same selection, you visiting her somewhere else will get different stuff.

I've seen people say this yet every time I've visited another town for a particular floor or wall I've gotten different stuff than what the post said. Either all goons are liars or there's something else going on.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Falstaff posted:

Dodo code is CX413

Hey your code doesn't seem to be working

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Are any of CJ's figurines more than 1x1? I need to start thinking about how to display them.

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I've seen people say this yet every time I've visited another town for a particular floor or wall I've gotten different stuff than what the post said. Either all goons are liars or there's something else going on.

The floors and wallpapers you get with tickets are random, the ones you pay bells for are fixed afaik. You can get one of each pair.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Gangringo posted:

Are any of CJ's figurines more than 1x1? I need to start thinking about how to display them.
Yeah the Oarfish is a 2x1, possibly others

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
Hi folks!
For some reason the turnip gods have smiled down on me and my selling price today is 515!

Few rules-
- Please don’t try to go outside the fence.
- don’t pick my flowers. Don’t trample my flowers. Don’t talk to my villagers (I’ve bonded with all of them, none are leaving!)
- If you’re gonna make multiple trips, please be courteous and do it quickly.
- no tips needed, but I wouldn’t say no.
- please help yourselves to 1! Present on the ground. They’re nothing exciting, just random extras. **IF ITS NOT WRAPPED, DONT TAKE IT!**

Pause.

Enjoy! :hfive:

Also, if anyone breaks the rules I’ll - out and nobody wins. Please act like the adults I know y’all are. Thank you!

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 28, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Lullabee posted:

Hi folks!
For some reason the turnip gods have smiled down on me and my selling price today is 515!

Few rules-
- don’t pick my flowers. Don’t trample my flowers. Don’t talk to my villagers (I’ve bonded with all of them, none are leaving!)
- please help yourselves to 1! Present on the ground. They’re nothing exciting, just random extras. **IF ITS NOT WRAPPED, DONT TAKE IT!**

S E C R E T

Also, if anyone breaks the rules I’ll - out and nobody wins. Please act like the adults I know y’all are. Thank you!

I would STRONGLY recommend you use TurnipExchange to create a private listing, and share that here. It's going to be a circus for anyone to visit your island!

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

Lullabee posted:

Hi folks!

Few rules-

2F5JP

Also turnip exchange isn’t letting me create a host so... it’s gonna be a bottle neck. It’s just the way it is. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MissMarple posted:

Yeah the Oarfish is a 2x1, possibly others

And it's glorious

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1250844054532657153?s=20