Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh yeah, had a big mug of coffee today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

beans are coming

let’s bean

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

having coffee from the coffee shop Because I had to pick up more beans

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
squoze a bean
ate its juice

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Made coffee with thos beans.

Thanks beans, thbeans.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I'm running on backup beans.

I need new good beans.

I bean ordering from https://www.darkhorsecoffeeroasters.com/ but I want to change it up a lil.

Bean tips? I like Africa beans.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I like Corvus coffee in Denver

they have good Africa beans

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if these beans are still available they’re good and thread-tested

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
new bean order incoming, can't wait :sludgepal:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fatal Error posted:

new bean order incoming, can't wait :sludgepal:

Was Odd Todd an literal goon? There are a couple of smilies of his stuff which makes me wonder this thing?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
drinking some afternoon coffee rn

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
beans acquired

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

having coffee

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

jesus WEP posted:

morning moka

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

jesus WEP posted:

morning moka

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

sugar is for idiots who drink really really bad coffee like starbucks where its been overroasted and then overextracted

jokes on u bud i brew really nice coffee and then put cream and sugar in it (not too much) talk about owned

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
a cafecito can be really nice after a meal

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

i made coffee a little bit ago, but right now i'm drinking that coffee i made

i used a chemex, which is what i almost always do. sometimes i'll do areopress though, but not all that too often. maybe just like once a week or a little less.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
my aeropress game has been improving lately

plus i get these nice solid pucks that make the whole thing easy to clean. gonna start rating my presspucks with the bristol scale

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

every time i make aeropress i have this feeling that i need to push it too much, like it shouldn't be this hard to plunge it, i even broke a glass once because of it, any suggestions?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oh dang

I haven't broken a glass yet but totally get the anxiety around it; I usually just try to go very slowly (and I don't compress the grounds at the end; I stop when there's just a teensy little bit of liquid left since it's probably on the cusp of overextraction anyway). But aeropresses are worth the investment in sturdier mugs anyhow.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

RustyKnight posted:

every time i make aeropress i have this feeling that i need to push it too much, like it shouldn't be this hard to plunge it, i even broke a glass once because of it, any suggestions?

your grounds are too small try em a bit bigger

coworker once didnt realize that someone set the grinder to espresso before areo pressing so him and another coworker devised a balancing act to essentially stand on it

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oh dang, good catch, yeah grind size is important

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Will try that in the morning, good night yospos

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

coworker once didnt realize that someone set the grinder to espresso before areo pressing so him and another coworker devised a balancing act to essentially stand on it

Cirque du Café

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Neophyte posted:

Cirque du Café

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

had to help with familly business (we are renting holiday cottages and have to do some maintenance) so had no time for aeropress, making a moka pot instead

RustyKnight fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 30, 2020

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ah yes tell us more about your landlord family during an unprecedented economic crisis. feel free to use as many details as you can.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
time 4 another mug

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

when you're feeling tired a need a pick me up... coffee!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

French Canadian posted:

I'm running on backup beans.

I need new good beans.

I bean ordering from https://www.darkhorsecoffeeroasters.com/ but I want to change it up a lil.

Bean tips? I like Africa beans.

Four Barrel takes online orders, and has been delivering through the lockdown. i get 2lb bags from them

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

coffee with morning pills

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had two mugs of coffee

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
does anyone itt drink coffee out of an actual cup? I don't know anyone who does. it's all mugs!
when did the great American cup -> mug bowel shift occur?
did ww2 interrupt our foreign cup supplies and bootstrap us into domestic stoneware?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I've had a lot of coffee today.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

thats a good question and i think its the heat for me. my iced coffee is almost always in a cup now that my clear mug is broken and that was mostly because it was easier to see when the coffee was low in the ice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Neophyte posted:

does anyone itt drink coffee out of an actual cup? I don't know anyone who does. it's all mugs!
did ww2 interrupt our foreign cup supplies and bootstrap us into domestic stoneware?

a mug is a type of cup.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Neophyte posted:

i drink coffee out of a cup when i buy it at the donut shop or wherever. mugs are superior for home drinking, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neophyte posted:

Can you show me a picture of an "actual cup" as you understand the term w/r/t drinking thos beans?