Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I would STRONGLY recommend you use TurnipExchange to create a private listing, and share that here. It's going to be a circus for anyone to visit your island!

Yeah turnip exchange with a limit of 3 players at once is the best way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I would STRONGLY recommend you use TurnipExchange to create a private listing, and share that here. It's going to be a circus for anyone to visit your island!

It’s “full” and won’t let me unless I donate, so... nah. I don’t have PMs either. So.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Lullabee posted:

It’s “full” and won’t let me unless I donate, so... nah. I don’t have PMs either. So.

It's generous of you to offer up your island/Switch :)

TurnipExchange is a funky website and gets borked an awful lot, it seems

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's generous of you to offer up your island/Switch :)

TurnipExchange is a funky website and gets borked an awful lot, it seems

They realized they can make $ by limiting islands unless folks pay.

I’ve removed my code. Once folks get through, I’ll try again in a bit. It’s just now 12:51pm on my island so we’ve got 9 hours til it closes.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I've removed the code for Coralcola, but I'll open again later once the bottleneck's done.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Unfortunate that the turnip exchange site is limited so I can't say I fault ya'.

But dealing with a full island (being on it or trying to get into it) is hell. Totally sucks to have it kick you to the start of the connection process.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dont even look at my villagers or i'll kill you...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falstaff posted:

Had a communication error. Opened up again, haha, this is ridiculous.

I'm gonna leave you a tip if I ever manage to make it out of Nooks cranny due to goon rush

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Lpzie posted:

dont even look at my villagers or i'll kill you...

Can you steal villagers just from talking to them? I thought they had to want to leave first?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont email my wife-villager

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

fancy stats posted:

I donated a bit to your incline, I just happen to be very poor. :shobon:

It's fine, it's not like I asked for a fee.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Thanks to whoever left the ironwood low table DIY on my island (Inu Isle), I was in desperate need of low tables.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

track day bro! posted:

I'm gonna leave you a tip if I ever manage to make it out of Nooks cranny due to goon rush

Yeah, sorry! :( This is the first time I've ever opened up my island like this, I guess I underestimated the response...

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Lullabee posted:

Hi folks!
For some reason the turnip gods have smiled down on me and my selling price today is 515!

Few rules-
- Please don’t try to go outside the fence.
- don’t pick my flowers. Don’t trample my flowers. Don’t talk to my villagers (I’ve bonded with all of them, none are leaving!)
- If you’re gonna make multiple trips, please be courteous and do it quickly.
- no tips needed, but I wouldn’t say no.
- please help yourselves to 1! Present on the ground. They’re nothing exciting, just random extras. **IF ITS NOT WRAPPED, DONT TAKE IT!**

Pause.

Enjoy! :hfive:

Also, if anyone breaks the rules I’ll - out and nobody wins. Please act like the adults I know y’all are. Thank you!

:chloe:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Lullabee posted:

Hi folks!
For some reason the turnip gods have smiled down on me and my selling price today is 515!

Few rules-
- don’t pick my flowers. Don’t trample my flowers. Don’t talk to my villagers (I’ve bonded with all of them, none are leaving!)
- please help yourselves to 1! Present on the ground. They’re nothing exciting, just random extras. **IF ITS NOT WRAPPED, DONT TAKE IT!**

Pause.

Also, if anyone breaks the rules I’ll - out and nobody wins. Please act like the adults I know y’all are. Thank you!

thanks for letting me pay off my loan and get another floor in my house :hfive:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falstaff posted:

Yeah, sorry! :( This is the first time I've ever opened up my island like this, I guess I underestimated the response...

Eh it's fine! I managed to leave some stuff somewhere non obvious at least!

Honestly it's just the loading times that get me after every drat transition. I've got to look forward to this if I ever get a non poo poo turnip price haha.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

I kind of just copy & pasted from my Facebook groups here :shrug::shrug:

Also, yes folks can talk and take your villagers. Last time I had it open to sell turnips, someone had one of my villagers like, asking me twice to move to the other persons island. So it’s a thing. Maybe not you, the people who actively post in this forums, but plenty of people just read and don’t comment.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I will say "don't talk to my villagers" is a first ! The best part of the game is when villagers comment on their interactions with a guest

Like when my friend's cat announced she was sizing me up for a guillotine

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Lullabee posted:

I kind of just copy & pasted from my Facebook groups here :shrug::shrug:

Also, yes folks can talk and take your villagers. Last time I had it open to sell turnips, someone had one of my villagers like, asking me twice to move to the other persons island. So it’s a thing. Maybe not you, the people who actively post in this forums, but plenty of people just read and don’t comment.

that's not a thing, lol. sometimes they'll say something like "gee i'm curious about xyzland where buttface lives", but they don't just... spontaneously pack up. and you can't steal villagers just by talking to them, the only way to get someone else's villager to move to your island is speaking to them the day they are packed up in boxes to leave

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PSA: I will now be talking repeatedly to any cat I see while visiting

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I will say "don't talk to my villagers" is a first ! The best part of the game is when villagers comment on their interactions with a guest

Like when my friend's cat announced she was sizing me up for a guillotine

I’ve seen it on fb groups and after the last incident (with my fav villager, a popular one), I’m protective. I’ll make a note to not include it on these forums since it doesn’t seem to be a common issue here.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Okay, since Turnip Exchange won't let me set anything up, if you want a code and have PMs, please PM me. Still selling for 507 bells.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Falstaff posted:

I'm opening up the gates to the communist utopia of Coralcola for a while - I'll be mostly AFK.

Turnips are 507 bells. For the next 30 minutes or so, Zell is teaching gold armored boots recipes. There's also a fairy tale dress for sale in Abel's.

Tips appreciated but not in any way necessary. Please mind the flowers.

Dodo code is CX413

Thanks! I left some bells behind a street organ by your museum. I also tried watering some of your flowers, but it was a bit of a slideshow.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

someone awful. posted:

that's not a thing, lol. sometimes they'll say something like "gee i'm curious about xyzland where buttface lives", but they don't just... spontaneously pack up. and you can't steal villagers just by talking to them, the only way to get someone else's villager to move to your island is speaking to them the day they are packed up in boxes to leave

That's changed since New Leaf then, because in that I unwittingly stole Vesta from a friend's town simply by talking to her once.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lullabee posted:

Hi folks!

Few rules-

Pause.

Hey thanks, I was able to get a basement.

Also I came to your island barefoot and the random present I grabbed was a pair of shoes, it's my lucky day.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

someone awful. posted:

She asked 2 times to move to a persons island. Just one specific person. So.

But good to know, I’ll remember that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Luckily a villager simply can't leave without your permission, so if someone breaks house rules and talks to your buddies, you'll still be able to tell them to stay put

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mega64 posted:

Opening my town for a bit.

Closed! Thanks to everyone who came!

Thanks for the last fossil I needed, now my dinosaur museum is complete! Also got rid of most of the extra fossils I had, which is pretty nice since I don't have to sell them. And more thanks to whoever took Lily, glad she has a new home to move to!

Hopefully everyone left in high spirits!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

if you visit someone's island after a villager moved out and was not claimed by anyone else, and you have an empty plot on your own island, the person you visited's previous villager might move into that plot if you don't find someone on a ticket island or amiibo or whatever. they'll say they were from the other person's island and, i think, remember that person if they come visit you

i think that's the closest you can get to "stealing" a villager, and the other person had to give them permission to leave in the first place

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Nondevor posted:

Thanks for opening! I left you some drawings and a spare recipe card as a gift. You just saved me at least a week’s worth of catalog purchases in order to make some book stacks and bookshelves, so that’s pretty great.

Thanks so much, I love the drawings! If the DIY was the nicely-wrapped Stone Lion Dog, I just got that recipe last night so I'll pass it onward to someone who doesn't have it. :)

Closed now. Thanks to everyone who stopped by, and also also thanks to anyone who left a message or items!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 28, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone need a fancy violin?

I'll open up, only thing I need is to touch it for the catalog.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
So Goose is hammering on his DIY bench and, when I ask him about it, proudly tells me that he is making a leaf.

Then he gives me the recipe to make a leaf.

Thanks for the leaf recipe, Goose. I'll carry it in my mouth occasionally and think, baffledly, of you.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Yeesh. Sorry about that. I was afraid a public code might lead to stuff like this.

I don't need tips, especially if this is going to happen; would appreciate a doodle on my bulletin board instead.

Thank you for opening up your island. I was able to visit twice. First time I sold off my kid's turnips, the second time was for me. I left a few NMTs behind Bam's house. While I was there I saw that someone else had also left at least one.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Just gonna toss this up here for now:

Turnips for 365 bells. I'll be slightly afk for the rest of the evening, but I should notice if there is a connection mishap. Oh and Leif is here too, with hibiscus as the second bush type.

https://turnip.exchange/island/834921c7

Thanks! I was able to get some roses in addition to a good price on turnips. I left some random items behind and a bag of bells.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

So, I learned how to make golden toilets, today. Does anyone want one? If you bring me the required 6 gold nuggets, I'll make one for you. Dodo Code MBTK6.

Oh, and Francine is crafting pond stones, I think.

And More fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 28, 2020

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Falstaff posted:

Okay, since Turnip Exchange won't let me set anything up, if you want a code and have PMs, please PM me. Still selling for 507 bells.

PMed you.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Excited to see how much randos start charging people to visit their island now that Turnip.Exchange requires a fee to add a listing

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

And More posted:

So, I learned how to make golden toilets, today. Does anyone want one? If you bring me the required 6 gold nuggets, I'll make one for you. Dodo Code MBTK6.

I’m in for a terlit!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

And More posted:

Oh you better believe I am headed your way!

Left you a message! Thank you!

E-flat fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I had another communication error, so sorry to anyone who got caught with that.

Turnip exchange still sucks and won't let me set up anything, but I'd still really like to pay it forward and help people unload turnips, so I've opened up my island again. PM for the code, please.

I'll be semi-AFK. Nook's is directly north from the airline, past the plaza.