Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Rhyno posted:

OF COURSE it has a Crown Royal shift boot.

Imagine if it was a Royal Crown shift boot?

Also, what the fuckin poo poo is that big lever for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

5 wheel drifting

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Imagine if it was a Royal Crown shift boot?

Also, what the fuckin poo poo is that big lever for?

Big parking break lever for :rice: drifting.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Do they do an orange crown royal bag? I need a new shifter boot.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

STR posted:

Nonsense, we all know a late 70s/early 80s FOUR FIDDY FO is the best engine ever!

City and Highway Fuel Economy Rating: lol

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

90s Solo Cup posted:

On the other hand, it's the same number with or without the camper(s)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

cakesmith handyman posted:

Do they do an orange crown royal bag? I need a new shifter boot.

Yes, sort of!
It's peach:
https://www.crownroyal.com/canadian-whisky/crown-royal-peach/

That's from an Amazon listing for just the bag:
https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Crown-Royal-Bag-Drawstring/dp/B07QNCLZH6

Alternately, I have at least one orange felt drwastring bag from a luxury shoe manufacturer at home I picked up when I worked for IT for a luxury retailer.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

90s Solo Cup posted:

Engine Descriptor: (GUZZLER) (GUZZLER)

For some reason, the '87 Aston Martin Lagonda is listed as guzzler twice. Maybe because of it's single digit combined fuel economy?
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/28837.shtml

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 29, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Edward IV posted:

For some reason, the '87 Aston Martin Lagonda is listed as guzzler twice. Maybe because of it's single digit combined fuel economy?

That is a helluva stock photo they picked.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

That is a helluva stock photo they picked.

*Squints* is that a Genesis coupe? Maybe a smear of Altima coupe in there? lol.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Edward IV posted:

I like that they classify it as a subcompact. A 17+ foot, 4400+ pound 4-door subcompact.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

joat mon posted:

I like that they classify it as a subcompact. A 17+ foot, 4400+ pound 4-door subcompact.

That's because it has a tiny interior

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

joat mon posted:

Complete opposite of rental agencies. Yeah, give me the full-size. They toss you keys to a Chevy Spark.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

90s Solo Cup posted:

GPM instead of MPG.

In this case, M can stand for "minute" as you typically expect when you see GPM, or miles. Either works in this instance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Complete opposite of rental agencies. Yeah, give me the full-size. They toss you keys to a Chevy Spark.

"Sorry it's all we have right now."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

"Sorry it's all we have right now."

This happened once with a Nissan Sentra in Phoenix. The AC broke on the way to the hotel. In August. I had to drive 40 minutes back to the airport in 120 degree weather, where they "found" a Camry for me. Assholes.

I should mention that this is with status.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KillHour posted:

This happened once with a Nissan Sentra in Phoenix. The AC broke on the way to the hotel. In August. I had to drive 40 minutes back to the airport in 120 degree weather, where they "found" a Camry for me. Assholes.

I should mention that this is with status.

Did you fill the gas to the exact amount before ramming it through their front door?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

No but I found a way to trick the car's transmission into holding the engine near redline on the highway and kept it there the entire way back.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Did it have a CVT?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Works both ways - the one time my brother tried to rent a 'Camry or similar' in the United States they gave him some full sized three row Ford or Chevrolet SUV instead which was apparently garbage to drive and used a painful amount of fuel.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I went to get a basic sedan and drove out of there with minivan one time. It was for work to drive the half mile from the hotel to the customer site, so gently caress it.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

dissss posted:

Works both ways - the one time my brother tried to rent a 'Camry or similar' in the United States they gave him some full sized three row Ford or Chevrolet SUV instead which was apparently garbage to drive and used a painful amount of fuel.

This is usually what I get. I ask for an intermediate sedan because I don't want some ungainly beast, then I end up with a Nissan Armada in top trim. Wow what an upgrade! I hate it!

Don't worry sir we'll find you a sedan. Here's a three year old Corolla with a hood that doesn't shut and 30,000 miles.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

dissss posted:

I usually get more or less what I requested, but when I flew out to Colorado Springs for my brother's graduation they gave me a minivan... which actually turned out to be great because I could just load everyone, aunts & uncles included, and save us trying to coordinate multiple cars.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Uthor posted:

I went to get a basic sedan and drove out of there with minivan one time. It was for work to drive the half mile from the hotel to the customer site, so gently caress it.

Same. It came in handy when I could drive all 6 of my coworkers to lunch in one vehicle though :haw:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I hate seeing pickup drivers with their stuff through the back window, but this guy took it to the next level and ran rebar through the back window and out the front passenger side.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

When Saturd got totaled, I reserved a midsize. Enterprise tried to put me in something bigger and said I'd only pay <x> difference, I said no, I want <midsize> or smaller. I don't want ANY out of pocket - I don't care that insurance is covering up to X amount, I don't want any out of pocket, put me in the largest sedan you have that will be 100% covered.

I got put into a 4x4 Xterra when they said I'd be in a shitheap Altima. When I objected, they said they had a couple of Suburbans.. or a Versa. A loving 4x4 in a rental fleet is a big WTF alone... and I'm not driving a Versa by choice. Honestly kinda wish I'd opted for a Suburban, probably would have gotten the same or better mileage, with more power, and been more comfortable. The turning radius of the Xterra was roughly that of a battleship too; u-turns across a 3 lane (each way, with a middle divider) road were still a 3 point affair.

Somewhere, every time someone turns on the seat heaters in that Xterra, they get a whiff of me. I got curious and went through the nav history, turns out it'd been all over Louisiana in its <3k life (the Louisiana plates should have been a giveaway :downsgun:). I doubt it'd even had an oil change yet.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 1, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

burn it all

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Memento posted:

burn it all

Here’s the whole video. Jump to 2:40 for getting out of the car.

https://youtu.be/osIJJS6PHUA

Lol at doing that inside a new car.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

canyoneer posted:

Same. It came in handy when I could drive all 6 of my coworkers to lunch in one vehicle though :haw:

Did you toss on your mom jeans and give them all Capri Suns?

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

STR posted:

When Saturd got totaled, I reserved a midsize. Enterprise tried to put me in something bigger and said I'd only pay <x> difference, I said no, I want <midsize> or smaller. I don't want ANY out of pocket - I don't care that insurance is covering up to X amount, I don't want any out of pocket, put me in the largest sedan you have that will be 100% covered.

I got put into a 4x4 Xterra when they said I'd be in a shitheap Altima. When I objected, they said they had a couple of Suburbans.. or a Versa. A loving 4x4 in a rental fleet is a big WTF alone... and I'm not driving a Versa by choice. Honestly kinda wish I'd opted for a Suburban, probably would have gotten the same or better mileage, with more power, and been more comfortable. The turning radius of the Xterra was roughly that of a battleship too; u-turns across a 3 lane (each way, with a middle divider) road were still a 3 point affair.

Somewhere, every time someone turns on the seat heaters in that Xterra, they get a whiff of me. I got curious and went through the nav history, turns out it'd been all over Louisiana in its <3k life (the Louisiana plates should have been a giveaway :downsgun:). I doubt it'd even had an oil change yet.

Where in the world did they find such a low mileage Xterra? They stopped making them in 2015. What's funny is that I really liked my Xterra. Smallest SUV that could still be certified by uhaul for towing my other cars on their rentals and great off road. Fit my needs perfectly for a few years.

Yeah the mileage sucked hard, but all body on frame SUVs back then did. About the same as a Wrangler but soooo much better to drive on road.

Don't think I would want a base model, though, that's for sure. Weird on the turning radius though, mine wasn't anywhere near that wide even with 4wd.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Colostomy Bag posted:

Or a "compact SUV" like a Nissan Kicks. They call it an "upgrade."

A Nissan Kicks is not an upgrade. It's a piece of poo poo.

Also the first car I've ever driven back to have exchanged for something less lovely.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The giant chiropractic sign in the background just adds a final :discourse: flourish to this image.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dave Inc. posted:

Where in the world did they find such a low mileage Xterra? They stopped making them in 2015.

Goddamnit. Frontier, not Xterra. :downsgun:

It was a crew cab. Probably didn't help the radius.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The giant chiropractic sign in the background just adds a final :discourse: flourish to this image.

The signs under it lol: "FREE SPINAL SCREENING" "REFLEXOLOGY"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

STR posted:

Goddamnit. Frontier, not Xterra. :downsgun:

It was a crew cab. Probably didn't help the radius.

Well, they're pretty much the same aren't they? Or are you referring to it for the mileage comment?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I once was given a Ford Transit Connect van as a rental on a business trip in South Carolina. I have no idea why.
It drove fine and I didn't mind.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Car rental:
One of my coworkers is a very convincing guy. He is bald with huge thick glasses, and talks incredibly fast. Imagine a slightly taller Israeli version of Danny DeVito with a thick accent.

He was in Munich for a business trip, and went to pick up his rental car. It was a BMW of some variety, and he drove it off the lot and turned around after a couple miles. He told the manager that there was something that didn't feel right on the handling or something, and asked for a different one. So, they gave him a different car. He finds something wrong with it. He comes back again, etc. etc.

The third time he comes back, the exasperated manager gives him they keys to the manager's own car for him to drive around as a rental for a few days. He accepts, finds no problems with it, and drives it around for a few days while he's on his business trip.
You may be a good negotiator, but are you "talk a stranger into lending you his BMW for a few days" good?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

wesleywillis posted:

Well, they're pretty much the same aren't they? Or are you referring to it for the mileage comment?

Kinda the same mechanically. The crew cab pickup was a bit longer.

Just found a pic of it. It was a Pro4x trim, which has skid plates, a lift, and larger tires, IIRC? I'm guessing they cut how it could turn so the factory Pro4x wheels/tires wouldn't rub?

(I got pulled over multiple times for the fucker missing the front plate too.. even though Louisiana, where it was titled, doesn't do front plates. :fuckoff:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Just rotary things...

https://twitter.com/patrick_ath/status/1257037188048523265?s=20