Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

RIP :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Huh, I thought the Dad crew made a goof and confused Greensboro, NC or Greenville, SC when they said “Greenville North Carolina,” but apparently there is a Greenville.

It’s in that hellscape of horrible polluting Smithfield pig farms that take up the space between Raleigh and the coast, but it exists.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Another solid book gag.

"The dangers of reading around others."

"I.....gotta go."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'M GETTING LESS HORNY :argh:

The opening was good, but the whole "classy stripping" joke just wasn't strong enough to carry the entire episode.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Was looking at the wiki and the episode we're going to be getting in 2 weeks is definitely going to be an experience...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'M GETTING LESS HORNY :argh:

The opening was good, but the whole "classy stripping" joke just wasn't strong enough to carry the entire episode.
There were a couple of good jokes but overall the episode was weak

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I was just talking to someone about how funny it would be if she came back with a girlfriend/wife who looked exactly like Francine. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was just talking to someone about how funny it would be if she came back with a girlfriend/wife who looked exactly like Francine. :(

That would have been a great joke, and now it can never be...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

Was looking at the wiki and the episode we're going to be getting in 2 weeks is definitely going to be an experience...

Roger needs dick?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
drat Klaus. Good for you

e: wait what happens to Linda? I watched the episode and missed it

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 28, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Linda was the neighbor that they killed off years ago

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Wait, was Linda on that bus? The only people I remember dying in the Great Bus Accident of 2010 were Bobby the Bullet and Clown with Glasses.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wait, was Linda on that bus? The only people I remember dying in the Great Bus Accident of 2010 were Bobby the Bullet and Clown with Glasses.

And Stan's Satanic best friend with the rad goat guitar.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

YeahTubaMike posted:

Linda was not seen on the bus.

https://americandad.fandom.com/wiki/100_A.D./Notes

quote:

Mr. Kirkoff
Ted Feedler
Black-haired stripper from "G-String Circus"
Bjorn
Tanqueray
Paco
Belmonpan
Katie
Chipmunk Furry from "One Little Word"
Meg Penner
Mr. Aids
Meter attendant beaten up by Stan in "Meter Made"
Beauregard LaFontaine
Montague
Clifford
Bob Hope impersonator from "In Country...Club"
Woman with white blonde hair
Tall-headed man
Balding man with glasses seen at the Smith's party in "Homeland Insecurity"
Overweight woman seen at the Smith's party in "Homeland Insecurity"
Alejandro Roja
Pillow Hands McGraw
Bus Driver from "Of Ice and Men"
Ray
Matty Moyer
Gertie
Street racer from "Dungeons and Wagons"
Man with glasses and no tie
Casey
Coco
Arboreus
Arboreus gang member
Clown with Glasses
Duper
Brett Morris
Bobby the Bullet
Hotel manager
Poor Tanq :(

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, Linda has been around as recently as last season. She was seen at Tuttle's Eclipse party in "Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted".

She just died off camera in a throwaway gag for this episode.

Edit: Actually, looks like the most recent episode she appeared in was "Hand that Rocks the Rogu"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bring her back!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
What if she faked her death to go live her full lesbian life?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Wow, that is a lot of one-off characters. Having them all die in a bus crash seems kind of like clearing your browser history/cache, but way more hilarious.

edit:

The_Doctor posted:

What if she faked her death to go live her full lesbian life?

She should have faked her husband's death and moved to France like Betty.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wow, that is a lot of one-off characters. Having them all die in a bus crash seems kind of like clearing your browser history/cache, but way more hilarious.

edit:

She should have faked her husband's death and moved to France like Betty.

The "ONE HUNDRED CHARACTERS YOU KNOW AND LOVE WILL DIE!" thing sort of felt like a jab at the Simpsons with their glut of characters that are seen everywhere instead of, like, background characters.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Milo and POTUS posted:

Roger needs dick?

Not that one, on the front page of the wiki it lists upcoming episodes, look at the one two episodes from now

Hazo posted:

Linda was not seen on the bus.

https://americandad.fandom.com/wiki/100_A.D./Notes

Poor Tanq :(

She's shown up after that episode, as have actually quite a few people that had died in that episode

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That would have been a great joke, and now it can never be...

Eh wouldn't be the first time they've brought back a character that died

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Stan died and he’s still in the show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

drrockso20 posted:

The shrink's whole shtick is that he dies and keeps coming back.

The_Doctor posted:

Stan died and he’s still in the show.

Poor hell-bound Stan.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Plus all we have to go on is Roger's word, albeit a very chivalrous character of his. All he'd have to do is laugh and wipe a tear away and say "you believed any of that?
There were five minutes in that smash cut! We didn't do any of the practicing, either!"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Poor hell-bound Stan.

Hopefully he's still working hard on that salmon ladder.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone on the writing stuff must know someone who loves some older, boring, less interesting and unwanted version of something modern and is constantly trying to tell people that its better because its more "real" or makes more of a "connection" with people and is really annoyed by it. That episode feels like it comes from a real place.

Or maybe someone had a professor in University who would go on about how when you write something you need to make a connection with people watching, and they just wanted to make alien poop jokes.

So, Steve lives with an Armenian family now? One of my favorite consistent jokes in the series is when they treat the Smith House as more of a small town or neighbourhood.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Was this stop light always here?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jeff standing on the tire iron hit too close to home.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked how Jeff got subtly more and more in shape as the episode progressed.

Also got a big laugh out of me at "You've been hanging out on their lawn all night?"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

That wasn't them, that was their clone. Clones are a well established part of the shows lore.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Even Dr. Ray?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Even Dr. Ray?

What? No that's ridiculous! Now let's have no more talk of shrink rays or a magical CIA cloning machine that can bring the dead back to life.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Even Dr. Ray?

That was clearly a body double.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just saw a commercial for the upcoming episode with The Weeknd. It figures that Roger would be impersonating him, and even go as far as perform on stage during a concert.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

.Z. posted:

That was clearly a body double.

That was obviously a dream. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Someone on the writing stuff must know someone who loves some older, boring, less interesting and unwanted version of something modern and is constantly trying to tell people that its better because its more "real" or makes more of a "connection" with people and is really annoyed by it. That episode feels like it comes from a real place.

Or maybe someone had a professor in University who would go on about how when you write something you need to make a connection with people watching, and they just wanted to make alien poop jokes.

So, Steve lives with an Armenian family now? One of my favorite consistent jokes in the series is when they treat the Smith House as more of a small town or neighbourhood.

You mean "had a professor in college." You're in the states now, say it the right way.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

I also saw it as a slam against the idea that women aren't intrested in sex and are only after "romance" or "an emotional connection" (as seen in this 30 Rock gag: https://youtu.be/SGcRz9jJJCU) Roger's act is about all that kind of crap, but no women are just as gross and horny as men are and when they go to strip clubs they wanna see some dongs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

MizPiz posted:

You mean "had a professor in college." You're in the states now, say it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp_J7SY1JCY&t=45s

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
How many people do you think are having sex right now?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Doubtful Guest posted:

That was obviously a dream. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

Every time I see the word "dream" in any context, I think "We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams." and "That is an unsatisfying answer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

How many people do you think are having sex right now?

In the city, or the world?