Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Absolute sweetheart in person too.

Large Loud Lucha Lovely Lance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Say what :stare: ?!?

yeah I saw it like 4 times. Its the strangest loving thing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not only does Suzuki wants the toughest of wrestlers for his stable he also wants the silliest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Explains his hatred of Yano, he hates what he can't have.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Who do you like best as Bullet Club leader? (Devitt, AJ, Omega, Jay)

https://twitter.com/kunisaito92/status/1255392930564538369?s=19

Certainly not the result I would have guessed

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm kind of surprised it's not Devitt.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What are the results currently? You need a Twitter account to see them, and, you know, gently caress that

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Devitt - 29.7%
AJ Styles - 40.1%
Kenny Omega - 14.5%
Jay White - 15.7%

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It makes sense that AJ is leading. Kenny may be the more popular wrestler in Japan but when AJ was leader, Bullet Club was an unstoppable global force. He took BC from "cool new thing" to the biggest act in wrestling

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Kenny is a bicon and AJ is real sketchy but AJ is significantly better at styling his hair so what the gently caress can you do?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Ohhhhhhh he's getting beat by Jay, though. Yeah, that stings.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

They've since switched. Omega at 15.7 and Jay at 14.8

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Neck-and-neck with The Man Everybody Hates. AEW Japan may be a way aways

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Omega's run as BC leader was blighted by the neverending civil war storyline plus fans may still be pissed at him for leaving?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I could totally see someone thinking Kenny is their favourite wrestler of the four but the worst as Bullet Club leader though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Part of Kenny's gimmick as BC leader was that he was a bad leader who only cared about himself and the Bucks, so I think it makes enough sense he's not many peoples favourite in that role.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I could totally see someone thinking Kenny is their favourite wrestler of the four but the worst as Bullet Club leader though.

Yeah that was more or less what I took away from it. He might've made for a better leader had his entire tenure in the role not been to facilitate inter-faction dissent.

Jay as leader is kinda weird because a lot of the time it feels like he's doing the same things Kenny did by making it all about him rather than BC but the others don't seem to care as much as they did when Kenny did it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm not sure Kenny is my favorite of the four but yeah, this. He's a great wrestler but as "leader of the Bullet Club" he wasn't as good.

for the record I voted for Uncle Allan there, because it was when the stable was arguably at its hottest. AJ coming straight in as the leader is, in retrospect, good booking. No baggage from other periods in NJPW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AJ was legit an incredible leader for the group. Omega had the best matches of any of them without a doubt, but AJ's run in New Japan as Bullet Club leader really was something fantastic.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

this is blatant Karl Anderson erasure

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Venomous posted:

this is blatant Karl Anderson erasure

Machine Gun wasn't the creator, he was the fourth person to join the group (at the Wrestling Dontaku I went to, amazingly enough) and was always the lieutenant to both Devitt and AJ. When Gun and Gallows, AJ, and Nakamura all left to WWE at the same point, Anderson was former tag champ.

I'm sure we'll see him back in NJPW soon enough, and I hope he can challenge for the IC strap soon too, but for as much as I love that hoot he was not the leader.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TriffTshngo posted:

Jay as leader is kinda weird because a lot of the time it feels like he's doing the same things Kenny did by making it all about him rather than BC but the others don't seem to care as much as they did when Kenny did it.

Jay was very supportive of his buddy KENTA when he was challenging for the title :3:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

Jay was very supportive of his buddy KENTA when he was challenging for the title :3:

He's barely said two words to ELP since he joined despite him being one of the more high-profile BC members lately. Jay White with some serious "fake friend" energy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah pretty much. Kenny is my favorite wrestler in the world (y'know, whenever Naito isn't) but I don't think even he ever had any particular fondness for Bullet Club or his role within it. He hated The Cleaner and it's telling that the same angle where he took over Bullet Club, he started his own brand that, oh what a coincidence, he doesn't have to share the money with the office for this one!

I'm not gonna say Jay is tons better though, cause while he didn't immediately start his own sub-brand, I can't think of any time Jay did anything particularly Bullet Club-y and not just him-and-Gedo-y, besides the G1 Finals, which granted, was pretty incredible.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 29, 2020

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Jay taking over Bullet Club was the turning point in BC becoming a heel CHAOS. BC doesn't get faction stories anymore, the individuals do, and they just tag together. It's like Okada taking over CHAOS, it ceased to be a going concern and just became a training camp. Like the stuff or no, pre Jay, Bullet Club was doing stuff as a group, post Jay, that scaled back. Probably for the better honestly, I certainly wasn't really having a good time whenever they came up in G1. Devitt, AJ, Kenny, Tonga, all of them led a Bullet Club that was active as a group, even if they weren't always a part of the group activity, Jay pacified the group into a late stage NJPW faction.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 29, 2020

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

MJeff posted:

He hated The Cleaner

Is there a story or interview about this?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

remusclaw posted:

Jay taking over Bullet Club was the turning point in BC becoming a heel CHAOS. BC doesn't get faction stories anymore, the individuals do, and they just tag together. It's like Okada taking over CHAOS, it ceased to be a going concern and just became a training camp. Like the stuff or no, pre Jay, Bullet Club was doing stuff as a group, post Jay, that scaled back. Probably for the better honestly, I certainly wasn't really having a good time whenever they came up in G1. Devitt, AJ, Kenny, Tonga, all of them led a Bullet Club that was active as a group, even if they weren't always a part of the group activity, Jay pacified the group into a late stage NJPW faction.

I do like how Jay's BC has dropped all the pretence. It's no longer a faction of cool heels. It's a faction full of utter loving scumbags who everyone hates.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bullet Club is a faction of The Absolute Worst People You Know and it's great and I hate them all

Actually Taiji Ishimori doesn't seem that bad to be fair, he's only kind of a scumbag

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i voted ferg just because when he left for japan he made the good brothers and tama and fale cry real hard at breakfast and it was very good and nice

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Bullet Club is a faction of The Absolute Worst People You Know and it's great and I hate them all

Actually Taiji Ishimori doesn't seem that bad to be fair, he's only kind of a scumbag

If he wasn't a total piece of poo poo then why would he hang around with the detested Knife Pervert and his gang of lowlifes?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Personally, I do think Jay's Bullet Club is more of a group, at least compared to Kenny. Jay's BC is like Chaos, if they were united under being shitheads, but they're all in on being shitheads together. Jay being happy for THAT BASTARD KENTA solidified it for me.

Compare this to Kenny, which to me felt like he just didn't care as much in storyline. He wanted the gold, he went after the gold, and yeah, he was leading Bullet Club because his friends are there. Also his canon love partner Ibushi was also there and an unofficial member. Btw the rest of the BC were united and doing stuff but Kenny dgaf

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Like a solid half of Kenny’s time as BC leader felt like it was Kenny fighting his own members. Even in kayfabe he was an awful leader, because he was the only dude at the head of a faction who constantly had people trying to cut him out from under.

Although he’s the only guy who assumed control by swerving the previous leader directly, so I guess he reaped what he sowed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I saw Fyter Fest, don’t let Kenny run things.

AJ’s BC straddled both NJPW and ROH. At that point ROH was carried by BC bookings more than their own acts.

Devitt’s run is more significant in that it was NJPW admitting they had gaijin fans.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It also doesn't help that half the stories they told were about what an ineffective BC leader Kenny was. He was constantly having people in the faction undercut him and in character he really never had the ruthlessness to take control of everyone.

Which is why Fale is the best BC leader. If you're an OG and the right hand man for every leader, you're in charge. Doesn't matter what anyone says, you're the real power behind the throne. drat shame not including Fale in the poll.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Gumball Gumption posted:

It also doesn't help that half the stories they told were about what an ineffective BC leader Kenny was. He was constantly having people in the faction undercut him and in character he really never had the ruthlessness to take control of everyone.

Which is why Fale is the best BC leader. If you're an OG and the right hand man for every leader, you're in charge. Doesn't matter what anyone says, you're the real power behind the throne. drat shame not including Fale in the poll.

:hmmyes:

Also true that Fale seems to actually be in charge of the guys that aren't in the title scene, like Chase and Jado.

I voted for Devitt. Omega's a fantastic wrestler, but he's not interesting as a faction leader, and his best work (that I've seen so far) has not been because of this role.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Fales music literally tells where he stands in the Bullet Club organization. Also, Fales music rocks and does a lot to justify Fale being in singles matches for me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fale is the underboss. His job to is to have the troops in acceptable order when the boss deems it time to gently caress people up.

Same way Taichi spends more facetime with his crew than Suzuki.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Fale is a technical master, a wizard of the grappling arts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh but seriously I posted:

Fale is a technical master, a wizard of the grappling arts

the Mark Hunt of NJPW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy