Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ow my sides :pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tae posted:

Someone on the reddit explained that them bumbling around and not knowing how to actually level up is loving up the scaling difficulty of the game. Compared to other playthroughs, they are severely underleveled but because some like Minh are min-maxing speed, it's somehow pushing them forward in progress.

How should the ideal leveling up work? I think they're bad about upgrading their equipment ASAP, but should they be doing more grinding? Job changing?

Also, speed seems really good in this game. I don't know if Minh knew that going in, but he's almost always able to hit his field magic rolls while avoiding almost everything else the others do, and that's been huge.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Apparently they're just straight up just avoiding fights, like the rabbit they fought last episode scales based on their average power. But because they're all weak as poo poo, the rabbit is actually beatable.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They all got the Dokapon Dossier and I think one of the things there was "speed is OP". Minh was already going that route so he just went even harder on it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There's no way that Minh isn't reading FAQs in between sessions, it's something he would do.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
minh is the chaotic good version of pat

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

minh is the chaotic good version of pat
Fitting for the grandson of a South Viet General who almost overthrew Ngo Diem.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
why are you like this

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is... is that anything? or is it just a joke that both names have minh in them???

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Patware posted:

is... is that anything? or is it just a joke that both names have minh in them???
In the botched Three Houses LP he flat out tells woolie that he is in fact his grandson 25 minutes in. Full stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSfK_V1KVO4&t=1508s

Viet Wikipedia posted:

Trinh Minh Son, a resident of Canada , responded to the Asia Times that his father was killed by a pistol pointed at the back of his neck. He also said that Trinh Minh The was shot two times, not one as official information that Vietnam National media at the time. He claimed that his father was assassinated by the Ngo Dinh Diem government to prevent his ability to become an opposition to the government.
That's Minh's father speaking.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 29, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Grouchio is extremely brain damaged.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

But I'm telling the truth :regd16:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Grouchio is weird and I don't dare question what the gently caress is going on but that kinda actually checks out, huh.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
uhh you guys Grouchio is super right I dont know why any of you doubted this Minh himself even confirmed it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

to be fair, who watched episode 2 of three houses

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Whole lot of southern Vietnamese government agents in this here thread. Anyone have a link to the LoU2 spoilers they talked about in the podcast? I don’t give a flying crap about the game but I love a good clusterfuck. Preferably a quick text breakdown or whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Warbird posted:

Whole lot of southern Vietnamese government agents in this here thread. Anyone have a link to the LoU2 spoilers they talked about in the podcast? I don’t give a flying crap about the game but I love a good clusterfuck. Preferably a quick text breakdown or whatever.

There's a thread on it in the Games subforum. It still all seems pretty scattered and a game of Internet Telephone.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Patware posted:

to be fair, who watched episode 2 of three houses

*sigh*

me

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I finally started the Dokapon Kingdom LP and Woolie being knives out right at the start is already making me anxious, especially knowing ahead of time that things are going to get absolutely hosed.

I'm so excited.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

grouchio please don't hunt down the former best friends and eat their hearts to steal their life essence

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

a cartoon duck posted:

grouchio please don't hunt down the former best friends and eat their hearts to steal their life essence

Yeah, you'd OD on Pat's Red Bull dipped heart anyway.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

a cartoon duck posted:

What gave you that impression?

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I'm really enjoying Dokapon so far having never seen the game before, but right now it feels like at the current state things are getting a little stagnant and boring. Minh is far and away #1 right now by raking in Scrooge McDuck money from every city in South America (plus the holy city of Danube) so he's just playing a vicious stall game and taking city after city to increase his lead while the other two seem to be alternating between playing the King's fetch quest objectives and hamstringing each other over who gets to be in 2nd place.

Also I really want to see Minh use the Angel Wings but I get the feeling that he never, ever will.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Minh wouldn't be so far ahead if the other two literally took the options that actually hurt him instead of doing the 1% other.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Woolie taking ten minutes to choose between two buttons that say “good result” and “bad result,” always choosing the latter

i love it

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Tae posted:

Minh wouldn't be so far ahead if the other two literally took the options that actually hurt him instead of doing the 1% other.

Absolutely, I was just trying not to be too negative with my post. When Woolie had his last Darkling turn, he crossed into Clovis and reached a fork in the road. He could turn south and plunder Minh's breadbasket in South America or he could turn north and go after Reggie's poor ice farmer villages. He sat pondering for a minute, then decided stomping on some Lvl1 igloos was his best play.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I think he was afraid of wasting time in the forest between there and South America, but also yeah, they're both being real dumb. Get towns, get paid. Granted I think the game might pull a gently caress you at the end and give points to the fuckers doing the quests, but if Minh keeps it up I bet it won't matter.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I feel like if Woolie focused more of his animosity on Minh, he'd have a good chance of getting Reggie to go along with him. As is he keeps going out of his way to punch Reggie in the face, then wonders why Reggie retaliates and acts like him and Minh are ganging up on him.

Honestly, saving up for the Darkling clear all towns globally ability is probably the best/only way to reset the board at this point.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

The Bee posted:

Honestly, saving up for the Darkling clear all towns globally ability is probably the best/only way to reset the board at this point.

And Woolie's already done that once!

There are still like a dozen towns on the board, and the fact that neither Reggie or Woolie are bothering to take them is driving me crazy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Minh becoming a Magician is probably the worst thing to happen in the LP so far, holy poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I still wonder how Woolie picks the games to LP that he does because Death Stranding to Black Mesa to Dokapon seems like something that could only happen if he was purposely making bad choices

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I still wonder how Woolie picks the games to LP

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

he was purposely making bad choices

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I love Woolie but also sometimes Woolie just wants to stick a fork in the proverbial lightsocket, I can respect that while going "woolie you idiot."

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

The Bee posted:

I feel like if Woolie focused more of his animosity on Minh, he'd have a good chance of getting Reggie to go along with him. As is he keeps going out of his way to punch Reggie in the face, then wonders why Reggie retaliates and acts like him and Minh are ganging up on him.

I feel like Minh might be as close to invincible as he can get at this point. He's doing laps around Africa buying infinite Lockdowns and Squalls and double field magicing every turn to ensure no one can even get close to him or play their Kingdom objective while he just accrues mountains of wealth from his cities.

And yeah, Woolie reset the board already and then he and Reggie just... let Minh get a dozen towns back without any resistance at all.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I wish their Dokapon run was any good to watch, but when it's going like this I just want to freeze myself until it ends, it's just two people getting extendedly steamrolled.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rm9-6G7hwI

This one's a work of art.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

n-word pass plus is a vibe, an experience, a movement.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think the dokapon kingdom convinced me that Woolie is actually alot dumber than I thought lol. he just let minh win.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This whole bit about the Word Pass at the start of this week's CSB feels like some sort of bizzare alternative reality Jim Stearling skit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Congratulations to Castle Superbeast for being the only podcast that requires I run it at outright 2x speed.