Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

The bases of the parties draw from somewhat different groups of neoliberals, for sure

Oh my loving God this isn't true at all. Stop using neoliberal if you don't know what the gently caress it actually means.

The Republican base aren't neoliberals. They're hate-filled psychotic racists who don't give a poo poo about economics or anything else beyond whether the people they hate suffer. It is imperative they be driven from power or they'll continue to destroy the country's future (such as it is), even if that means siding, temporarily, with the hated Democrat succlanyards or whatever the stupid cool kids club calls them.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD NO!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh my loving God this isn't true at all. Stop using neoliberal if you don't know what the gently caress it actually means.

The Republican base aren't neoliberals. They're hate-filled psychotic racists who don't give a poo poo about economics or anything else beyond whether the people they hate suffer. It is imperative they be driven from power or they'll continue to destroy the country's future (such as it is), even if that means siding, temporarily, with the hated Democrat succlanyards or whatever the stupid cool kids club calls them.

I don't have many moral lines in the sand but one of them is "don't help rapists" and Joe Biden is on the far side of that line for me. There's still six months- the Democrats can still pick someone else.

If you think being a neoliberal requires actually knowing what neoliberalism is, or that it's a conscious choice and America offers any other options, or that it's somehow incompatible with being a hate-filled psychotic racist, or that the Democrats don't have their own wing of hate-filled psychotic racists, I've got some real bad news about America from the perspective of the rest of the world.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

I don't have many moral lines in the sand but one of them is "don't help rapists" and Joe Biden is on the far side of that line for me.

I am not talking about Biden. I didn't vote for Biden. I don't like Biden. I explained this already. Stop deliberately avoiding my point, which is that Bors has lovely :smuggo: tendencies to attack his own side far more viciously than he attacks the right because he is, in the end, a dumb and smug man like Ted Rall.

Responding to "GOP delenda est" with "B-but Democrats are bad because X" is not going to help anything even if its true. The Bolsheviks didn't win the Revolution by purging the left and center before the Tsar.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 29, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's almost like the democrats spending the past 12 years conceding every political principle they claim to stand on has caused people to stop buying into the idea that supporting establishment democrats will accomplish anything

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

PowerBeard posted:

Ramirez ruining an average at best Where's Waldo / Wally by highlighting the answer....

Waldo is circled on the cover of the books that Ramirez pulled up as a reference.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

The Bolsheviks didn't win the Revolution by purging the left and center before the Tsar.

And the leftists didn't win the Revolution in Germany at all because they let a centrist shithead like Friedrich Ebert take over.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pleasant Friend posted:

And the leftists didn't win the Revolution in Germany at all because they let a centrist shithead like Friedrich Ebert take over.

Then a decade later the German communists refused to take common cause with liberals (on orders from the Soviet Union, no less) against the literal Nazis and guess what happened. We can go around and around about past events, which is an excellent way to piss away chances to change the future.

Cowcaster posted:

it's almost like the democrats spending the past 12 years conceding every political principle they claim to stand on has caused people to stop buying into the idea that supporting establishment democrats will accomplish anything

This is a gross oversimplification but I doubt anything I can say will change anyone's mind.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 29, 2020

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The gross oversimplification is reflective of the thought process.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I am not talking about Biden. I didn't vote for Biden. I don't like Biden. I explained this already. Stop deliberately avoiding my point, which is that Bors has lovely :smuggo: tendencies to attack his own side far more viciously than he attacks the right because he is, in the end, a dumb and smug man like Ted Rall.

Responding to "GOP delenda est" with "B-but Democrats are bad because X" is not going to help anything even if its true. The Bolsheviks didn't win the Revolution by purging the left and center before the Tsar.

So pointing out that Biden is a rapist is unacceptable under any circumstances, got it

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Then a decade later the German communists refused to take common cause with liberals (on orders from the Soviet Union, no less) against the literal Nazis and guess what happened. We can go around and around about past events, which is an excellent way to piss away chances to change the future.

Why would Communists join forces with the party that literally created death squads to round up and kill them?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemming posted:

So pointing out that Biden is a rapist is unacceptable under any circumstances, got it

"I am not talking about Biden."

"You're talking about Biden!"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

This is literally the comic that sparked this discussion. There is no other interpretation of your attack on Bors, here. You're upset that he's pointing out that Biden is a rapist and the Democrats defending him are hypocrites.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemming posted:

This is literally the comic that sparked this discussion. There is no other interpretation of your attack on Bors, here. You're upset that he's pointing out that Biden is a rapist and the Democrats defending him are hypocrites.

I'm on the record as finding Bors obnoxious about attacking his own side instead of the right many times. This is just the first time someone edited his cartoons in a way I agree with. The relation to Biden is unfortunate coincidence.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I'm on the record as finding Bors obnoxious about attacking his own side instead of the right many times. This is just the first time someone edited his cartoons in a way I agree with. The relation to Biden is unfortunate coincidence.

It's not a coincidence. It's literally the comic that started the discussion. You saw the comic and responded with frustration. This is just cause and effect.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

like so if we take you at your word that you hate joe biden with the rest of us what's the end game here vincent van goatse? that we all nod and say "yes, joe biden sucks, but meanwhile matt bors saying joe biden sucks is divisive and hurts the party"?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Joe Biden sucks and Bors is a disingenuous hack who's rapidly becoming Ted Rall 2.0. The end. No moral.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Well the pragmatic center in this analogy would be supporters of a constitutional monarchy under Grand Duke Michael, so actually yuh they did reject that

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Joe Biden sucks and Bors is a disingenuous hack who's rapidly becoming Ted Rall 2.0. The end. No moral.

What is your specific problem with that cartoon that prompted you to spew this garbage take

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Disingenuous because... he's pointing out that Biden is a rapist and that the hardcore Dem response to that has so far been "hey let's just run the Republican playbook" rather than dumping his creepy rear end for someone who hasn't committed rape?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Vincent's able to maintain a mental distinction between Biden and Trump, as well as between Democrats and Republicans, as well as between neoliberals and conservatives. Attacks that rabidly attempt to conflate all participation in political systems as moral compromise are self-defeating narcissism- which is the point of the prior Bors cartoon.

The world is more than an undifferentiated swarm of child-killing rapist neolibfashcons arrayed against your pristine personal mental politic.

If you're not actually responding to the content of:

I didn't like that edit because of Biden. I haven't ever voted for Biden and I live in California which means I can safely not vote for him if I so choose this November and it will have no effect on anything. I like that edit because I'm utterly sick of the bullshit equivalence game some people here do where somehow not being a cool kid and saying the Democrats are the same as the Republicans means I'm a "vote blue no matter who" dumbass succdem or whatever.

If you honestly can't see a difference between the two parties you're loving blind or performatively dense.

If you need to make it about Biden or rape, then you're not responding to Vincent- you're the privileged contrarian in the well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemming posted:

What is your specific problem with that cartoon that prompted you to spew this garbage take

It's not this particular cartoon it's his whole body of worse since he decided all he'd ever draw is his stupid Mad Max world bullshit. His one refrain is that the Democrats en bloc are incompetent worthless ninnies who don't deserve support. I'm just loving sick of it, I think it enables literal fascists like Trump and Stephen Miller by encouraging non-participation in the elections at every level and not just the Presidential one, and have been saying so for the last year or so.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

It's not this particular cartoon it's his whole body of worse since he decided all he'd ever draw is his stupid Mad Max world bullshit. His one refrain is that the Democrats en bloc are incompetent worthless ninnies who don't deserve support. I'm just loving sick of it and have been saying so for the last year or so.

"I love my dog, look at how cute he is!"

"God I loving hate dogs, they're all disgusting. Eugh. Jesus, they sicken me."

"What the hell, what's wrong with my dog?"

"Oh nothing your dog is lovely, what I was saying has nothing to do with your dog. It's just coincidental. I don't think your dog is a nasty little rat at all."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemming posted:

"I love my dog, look at how cute he is!"

"God I loving hate dogs, they're all disgusting. Eugh. Jesus, they sicken me."

"What the hell, what's wrong with my dog?"

"Oh nothing your dog is lovely, what I was saying has nothing to do with your dog. It's just coincidental. I don't think your dog is a nasty little rat at all."

If this is what you choose to get from what I'm saying there's nothing I can do to explain my position to you in a way you'll understand.

Somfin posted:

Disingenuous because... he's pointing out that Biden is a rapist and that the hardcore Dem response to that has so far been "hey let's just run the Republican playbook" rather than dumping his creepy rear end for someone who hasn't committed rape?

Because to declare the result of the primary election null and void this way has a massive potential electoral downside. If the DNC were to say "Biden got the most votes and delegates but we're gonna choose someone else instead" they've just disenfranchised their voting base. Whether or not it's morally right to do so it would be electoral suicide.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 29, 2020

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Vincent's able to maintain a mental distinction between Biden and Trump, as well as between Democrats and Republicans, as well as between neoliberals and conservatives. Attacks that rabidly attempt to conflate all participation in political systems as moral compromise are self-defeating narcissism- which is the point of the prior Bors cartoon.

The world is more than an undifferentiated swarm of child-killing rapist neolibfashcons arrayed against your pristine personal mental politic.

If you're not actually responding to the content of:

If you need to make it about Biden or rape, then you're not responding to Vincent- you're the privileged contrarian in the well.

Did you people all spontaneously forget this entire conversation was launched from a specific, particular cartoon, of which Biden and hypocritical Democrats specifically were being criticized in a concrete manner on a topic they are empirically being massively hypocritical over, in an eminently reasonable and straightforward way

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

It's not this particular cartoon it's his whole body of worse since he decided all he'd ever draw is his stupid Mad Max world bullshit. His one refrain is that the Democrats en bloc are incompetent worthless ninnies who don't deserve support.

I don't think he has ever said that, in fact he approves of Democratic politicians plenty of times when they're not being poo poo

https://twitter.com/mattbors/status/1148993427507277824

E:
in fact he's come out saying that internal lib/left squabbling is only helping Republicans be evil

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That's a cartoon that clearly attacks the Democrats as a whole. It's like a degree away from calling AOC "one of the good Dems".

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Because to declare the result of the primary election null and void this way has a massive potential electoral downside. If the DNC were to say "Biden got the most votes and delegates but we're gonna choose someone else instead" they've just disenfranchised their voting base. Whether or not it's morally right to do so it would be electoral suicide.

Arent they doing that to the states and delegates that Bernie won?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Uncle Wemus posted:

Arent they doing that to the states and delegates that Bernie won?

Colorado did, I don't know about others, and it's tremendously stupid and bad. Now imagine if they did that on a national level to all 40ish states Biden will have won in by convention time.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Picking Biden already disenfranchised a vast swath of their voter base. Including you. That happened, they picked him, they ignored all the existing results, told all of the other contenders apart from Bernie and Warren (because she might siphon votes off of Bernie) to bail, and picked him. And then they told their base to go loving kill themselves in order to vote for their chosen candidate. And they're going ahead and disenfranchising all of goddamn New York from being able to vote for any president at all but not cancelling the primaries there.

I'm genuinely sorry that you can't see this.

That's a cartoon that clearly attacks the Democrats as a whole. It's like a degree away from calling AOC "one of the good Dems".

Yeah, it does, on the specific issue of the Democrats running the Republican playbook against a rape victim, because holy poo poo the Democrats as a whole are actually running the Republican playbook against a rape victim can you not see this

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

No, you want it to be about that, like the contrarian wants the protester's statement to be refuted because they exhale carbon. You attacked Vincent for the phrase "Thanks for this. Really.", and since then have ignored several posts where he lays out his position, repeatedly, in detail. Respond to what they're actually saying, not the projection of your fears and insecurities.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

Picking Biden already disenfranchised a vast swath of their voter base. Including you. That happened, they picked him,

"They", in this case, being the Democratic voter base, not the DNC leadership.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 29, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

Yeah, it does, on the specific issue of the Democrats running the Republican playbook against a rape victim, because holy poo poo the Democrats as a whole are actually running the Republican playbook against a rape victim can you not see this

How can a cartoon drawn about AOC's election in 2018/2019, which is what VitalSigns posted and which I was talking about, have any relation with the allegations against Biden (or indeed Biden being guilty) happening in 2020? Time and space don't work that way.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It seems like the whole problem with Bors' cartoon this week is he said a true thing about evidence corroborating claims of sexual assault by a Democrat, and saying true things is beyond the pale of civil discourse

no it isn't and no it isn't

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

No, you want it to be about that, like the contrarian wants the protester's statement to be refuted because they exhale carbon. You attacked Vincent for the phrase "Thanks for this. Really.", and since then have ignored several posts where he lays out his position, repeatedly, in detail. Respond to what they're actually saying, not the projection of your fears and insecurities.

I dunno what to tell you man, the thing he was thanking the other guy for was posted in a quote response to the cartoon we've all been talking about. There's been a lot of obvious backpedaling but it's not really gonna work.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ben Garrison posted:

Justice for General Flynn

It was a setup from the very beginning… General Flynn was framed by the corrupt Obama FBI and DOJ.

Because anyone who supports President Trump MUST be Destroyed.

General Flynn will be exonerated.

The Deep State cabal put General Flynn and his family through over four years of hell. They lost everything fighting the corrupt system. The Flynn family sacrificed so much to fight this injustice, because if it can happen to a three star general, it can happen to ordinary Americans. The two-tier justice system in action, Democrats good, all others expendable.

The Russian collusion was nothing but a witch-hunt and hoax, a false media narrative. How can anyone believe ANYTHING the FAKE NEWS Media says is beyond me. Fake news screamed, “Flynn is a Russian agent” starting in 2016 and keep it going ruthlessly. They are now caught with another hoax red handed. Will they be held accountable?

Will McCabe, Comey, Schiff and on and on, be held accountable?

Disgraced FBI director James Comey teamed up with McCabe and framed General Flynn, they threatened to “destroy” his son if Flynn didn’t agree to their terms and pressured Flynn to lie. They knew Flynn was innocent they purposely held back exculpatory evidence.

And they almost got away with it..

Enter Sidney Powell, the Avenger and General Flynn’s lawyer.

She is on the case and tirelessly working to defeat the swamp. We know General Flynn’s case affects us all. Thank you Sidney Powell for standing up against the Deep State cabal.

Last Friday Sidney Powell filed a motion to dismiss the case based on new Brady information that was FINALLY released by the Justice Department.

“This morning the govt produced to Mr. Flynn stunning Brady evidence that proves Mr. Flynn’s allegations of having been deliberately set up and framed by corrupt agents at the top of the FBI,”

“The new evidence defeats any argument that the interview of Mr. Flynn on January 24, 2017, was material to any “investigation.” The government has deliberately suppressed this evidence from the inception of this prosecution—knowing there was no crime by Mr. Flynn,”

Here come reinforcements!

AG Barr was has received these documents from Flynn’s attorneys and has opened an investigation into this case.

Justice for General Flynn and Justice for America! Destroy the two tier Justice system because everyone is SUPPOSED to be equal under the law.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Lemming posted:

I dunno what to tell you man, the thing he was thanking the other guy for was posted in a quote response to the cartoon we've all been talking about. There's been a lot of obvious backpedaling but it's not really gonna work.

It's not backpedaling! It's the actual position! Everyone is not your secret posting enemy! You do not need to check every person at the environment march for plastic bottles!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
God I hope we get a vaccine for coronavirus and Trump pushes it hard.

For all the normal, sane reasons. But also low-key for the crazy reason that I wanna see Ben Garrison react to Trump trying to vaccinate him

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

God I hope we get a vaccine for coronavirus and Trump pushes it hard.

For all the normal, sane reasons. But also low-key for the crazy reason that I wanna see Ben Garrison react to Trump trying to vaccinate him

I think the entire thread can agree with this. I know I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
E: Not gonna prolong this, points have been made at this point

I think the entire thread can agree with this. I know I do.

God this is gonna be so loving amazing. I wonder if there's gonna be coronavirus bugchasers once the vaccine comes out?