Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

fanny packrat posted:

I wanted so badly to make Waxadred work and I just couldn't. Good to see that it's a viable card...when a priest copies it.

wait til you think about how soul mirror screws the lucentbark decks that will never exist

thanks priests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

They really wanted to make sure that the Outcast mechanic wasn't a flop out of the gate, for obvious marketing and monetary reasons. It's the reason why Twin Slice isn't in Classic, it's in the Initiate set that will rotate out of Standard eventually.

Blizzard have also said they're not settled yet on what will/won't make the DH basic set cut come the end of the year, so they might swap some cards in and out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Twin Slice made their base set, it feels like an essential card to get their whole kit working. Very comparable to Backstab for Rogue.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

They really wanted to make sure that the Outcast mechanic wasn't a flop out of the gate, for obvious marketing and monetary reasons. It's the reason why Twin Slice isn't in Classic, it's in the Initiate set that will rotate out of Standard eventually.

As was pointed out, they actually didn't have a ton to directly profit off of Outcast being good.

On that note: Is DH actually still succesful at high ranks? Definitely been able to beat it frequently with Galakrond Rogue and Warlock. I've been struggling with Warrior but that's more because I think hack the system warrior is garbage.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

On that note: Is DH actually still succesful at high ranks? Definitely been able to beat it frequently with Galakrond Rogue and Warlock. I've been struggling with Warrior but that's more because I think hack the system warrior is garbage.

Resharing this which is the bog-standard DH list making the rounds:

quote:

### Tempo Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Twin Slice
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (2) Umberwing
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 2x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
#
AAECAea5AwSKB8y6A8O8A9rGAw35rgOLugO9uwPXuwPEvAPgvAO6xgPHxgPZxgPXyAP3yAP5yAP+yAMA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Supposedly it's Tier 1, but HSReplay probably hasn't fully updated to reflect the post-nerf data yet.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Been messing around a lot with this deck I made, I suspect there should be an optimized version somewhere but other than a link to that I'd love to hear anyones thoughts.

Freezing trap seems really bad in a phase stalker deck. That trap pretty often does nothing in the current meta: there are a LOT of 1-cost 1/1s and 2/1s being played. Hitting any other trap is more guaranteed early-game punch, and that appears to be a weakness. Your deck has plenty of value; it just needs to get there.

e: replace with draw / cycling / removal in order to get your value engine going

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

24 damage from hand, on turn 6

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

DNK posted:

Freezing trap seems really bad in a phase stalker deck. That trap pretty often does nothing in the current meta: there are a LOT of 1-cost 1/1s and 2/1s being played. Hitting any other trap is more guaranteed early-game punch, and that appears to be a weakness. Your deck has plenty of value; it just needs to get there.

e: replace with draw / cycling / removal in order to get your value engine going

Good point, I've also noticed it sending a lot of nice battlecry cards back that I don't appreciate

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cuntellectual posted:

As was pointed out, they actually didn't have a ton to directly profit off of Outcast being good.

Well sure, but they had a ton to lose if Outcast was bad, we just don't know to what extent without like a quarterly earnings report. Like it feels like they really did not want to lose eyeballs to MTGA or LoR's set releases.

And yes, DH is still successful, however at the very top a lot of players are on Warrior because it's a very Legend-y deck: has game vs DH, can be aggro or control, and play quality matters for results.

Here's the :10bux: screenshot from today:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Warrior has really had a meteoric rise this set huh?

Edit: On that note, what's some "safe" stuff to craft now? Gorefiend looks pretty good and enables Egg Warrior and Face Hunter right?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 29, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Warrior has really had a meteoric rise this set huh?

Edit: On that note, what's some "safe" stuff to craft now? Gorefiend looks pretty good and enables Egg Warrior and Face Hunter right?

Gorefiend not safe yet. All three decks that use it are still figuring out if it's even worth it. As long as Rogue (Blackjack Stunner/Sap) and Priest exist, it may not happen this expansion.

In Zoo, most builds have moved away, but I appreciate the ability to clear up board space on your own in certain matchups.

In Face Hunter, I really like how the 5/6 Phase Stalker version plays, and think Teron is overkill, but nothing is consensus yet.

In Warrior, it's a 50/50 split on Egg+Teron supporters vs not, and this goes all the way up into high level streamers and GMs.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
On the other hand, if you are into Wild at all I think Gorefiend will be very useful. There's already a decent Egg Hunter deck with it and his unique effect could definitely be abused at some point.

Teron and Hanar have been my only two Legendary crafts so far. Still waiting another week or so before burning my last 6400 dust. Maiev was the prediction for safest craft and while that might still be the case, I don't know if she is quite as ubiquitous as was predicted.

The Primes seem well balanced. Good, powerful cards with interesting effects but nothing busted so far.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I think Maiev will always have a home somewhere, but as a tech card - essentially as a better Spellbreaker. The question is really whether you think it's worth crafting a legendary for your tech card slot, which by definition will only be raising your win rate marginally.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If you target a Gorefiend with Mok'Natal Lion, does it summon minions when it dies? Or is it "blank"?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Chernabog posted:

If you target a Gorefiend with Mok'Natal Lion, does it summon minions when it dies? Or is it "blank"?

it does resummon the minions "stored" in teron. Lost to a face hunter who played teron + lion on the turn he completed toxic reinforcements :pwn:

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

peer posted:

it does resummon the minions "stored" in teron. Lost to a face hunter who played teron + lion on the turn he completed toxic reinforcements :pwn:

That's a bad beat, but I bet it felt incredible from his end.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is it the same with cube or moat lurker? I seem to recall those only worked with stuff such as faceless manipulator.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Since I switched over to playing zoo I've played priests in 40% of my ranked matches. That's not a fun matchup at all. HS Replay says priest is about 10% of the meta right now.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

fanny packrat posted:

Since I switched over to playing zoo I've played priests in 40% of my ranked matches. That's not a fun matchup at all. HS Replay says priest is about 10% of the meta right now.

Priest looks like it has the toolbox to deal with DH but the problem is that it can’t reliably put up any sort of threat while also dealing with the onslaught. They spend the entire game on the backfoot and their only real victory condition is still being alive when the DH runs out of cards. This leaves them vulnerable to getting bursted out by some combination of Metamorphosis/Mistress/Altruis if their defense isn’t perfect.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

It may not be fun, but it is an even matchup. You just really need to get a Scrap Imp or Hand start. Throw away all traditional Zoo openers.

Promoted Pawn posted:

Priest looks like it has the toolbox to deal with DH but the problem is that it can’t reliably put up any sort of threat while also dealing with the onslaught. They spend the entire game on the backfoot and their only real victory condition is still being alive when the DH runs out of cards. This leaves them vulnerable to getting bursted out by some combination of Metamorphosis/Mistress/Altruis if their defense isn’t perfect.

Priest is unfavored against DH, it exists to keep Warrior in check and also Face Hunters at lower ranks.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

AnacondaHL posted:

Priest is unfavored against DH, it exists to keep Warrior in check and also Face Hunters at lower ranks.

I started from the premise of “here’s why I think so many people are playing priest right now even though it’s not great” and I guess I forgot to actually put that in the post. Whoops.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
in the next patch they should make it so that if you're playing an aggro deck and you rope t1 you instantly lose

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Julio Cruz posted:

in the next patch they should make it so that if you're playing an aggro deck you instantly lose

I'd be okay with that.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

AnacondaHL posted:

It may not be fun, but it is an even matchup. You just really need to get a Scrap Imp or Hand start. Throw away all traditional Zoo openers.

I think I'm a game under .500 against them. I've scammed a few wins by multiplying Zephrys with Expired Merchant after getting lots of chip damage in and working the draw engine. Scrap Imp can be a real liability when they copy it. Here, have a 7/7 that heals you for 5 every turn!

Ultimately I just need more reps. I also looked at the VS list, but it runs Tekhan and I don't have him.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Promoted Pawn posted:

Yeah, exactly this. Priest has some absolutely amazing cards to handle DH - the issue is that they basically need to have drawn all of them before turn 10. Or build your deck to do nothing but beat DH, which isn't really practical.

AnacondaHL posted:

Depends on the Priest build, I think - against zoo anyway. Demon Hunter is a different story, they have a lot more burst and you can't stabilize behind a taunt wall. I find that against Zoo I can usually wear them down even through their draw, so long as I kept a board presence in the early game and hit at least one of my card generators (Sethekk, Galakrond, the 4/9 dragon).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The tiny discover pool in this week's brawl results in some really funny turns. As said by someone on Hearthpwn:

quote:

Turn 4, Arcane Breath into Arcane Breath into Arcane Breath into Arcane Breath into opponent concedes.

EDIT: Also a lot of classes have 0 board clears so if you lose the board you're screwed.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 29, 2020

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

What are they qualifying as “Control Warrior” because the only decks I can see under that category have extremely tiny samples

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Promoted Pawn posted:

What are they qualifying as “Control Warrior” because the only decks I can see under that category have extremely tiny samples

A weird mix of Egg decks that don't have Eggs, some mis-classified Bomb Warrior decks that are built heavier, and basically any deck that runs Deathwing Mad Aspect

But yea you need to have Legend data unlocked to see most of the data

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is there still fuckall Wild data? Last time I checked, there were literally only three decks listed in the free section, and from what I heard from people who did shell out for it, the Premium stuff was barely any better.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Is there still fuckall Wild data? Last time I checked, there were literally only three decks listed in the free section, and from what I heard from people who did shell out for it, the Premium stuff was barely any better.

The meta page doesn't support Wild (yet?).

At Diamond+Legend there are a handful of decks with over 2k games played, and 62 with 500+ games since the patch.

Otherwise sorting by win% in Legend shows a bunch of Odd DH variants at the top.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RatHat posted:

The tiny discover pool in this week's brawl results in some really funny turns. As said by someone on Hearthpwn:

EDIT: Also a lot of classes have 0 board clears so if you lose the board you're screwed.

I just did a quick dragon hunter to knock it out quick since like all of those cards are in the pool. The 2/3 secret beast guy isn't so bad, dart trap and cat trick are both fine.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Well sure, but they had a ton to lose if Outcast was bad, we just don't know to what extent without like a quarterly earnings report. Like it feels like they really did not want to lose eyeballs to MTGA or LoR's set releases.

And yes, DH is still successful, however at the very top a lot of players are on Warrior because it's a very Legend-y deck: has game vs DH, can be aggro or control, and play quality matters for results.

Here's the :10bux: screenshot from today:

Interesting, considering Warrior was really down in the trash. I know eggro warrior but how do the control decks work?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

AnacondaHL posted:

A weird mix of Egg decks that don't have Eggs, some mis-classified Bomb Warrior decks that are built heavier, and basically any deck that runs Deathwing Mad Aspect

I'll run Deathwing Mad Aspect in any Warrior deck because it has the sickest intro music sting since Tirion.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Is there a way to show someone what cards you own? I am trying to make a Galakrond deck and I’d like input but it’d probably help to show what I have.

I don’t have a lot. :saddowns:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

victorious posted:

I'll run Deathwing Mad Aspect in any Warrior deck because it has the sickest intro music sting since Tirion.

On that note, HotS has a tremendously good remix of Deathwing's Last Stand it used for his login screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNLAJjTfPg0

I always (often) turn on my game music and sound for certain legendaries that are just so satisfying to hear.

Ehehehe! We're gonna blow this place SKY HIGH!
TO HIS WILL! ALL FLESH SUCCUMBS! (What he said.)
PREPARE YOURSELVES, FOR THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!

:allears:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 29, 2020

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Is metastats.net worthwhile? I always see people reference hsreplay.net stats here.

But metastats lets you filter and search without paying :)

TURGID TOMFOOLERY fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 30, 2020

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Anyone else using the PackTracker plugin in HDT?
It disappeared for me (showing "Empty ..." in the plugin-dropdown in HDT) and when I try to reinstall by drag/dropping it back in, I get an "Error importing, please install manually to <plugin folder path>" - the DLL is still there. Tried downloading the latest version, no dice.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Interesting, considering Warrior was really down in the trash. I know eggro warrior but how do the control decks work?

AnacondaHL posted:

It's all the same Risky Skipper + Corsair Cache + Ancharrr core (see below image: the same 27 card core), with different frills and finishers surrounding them.

Here are Warrior card usage stats in Legend for the past 3 days, note the drop in deck% from Rampage to the egg-specific cards:

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Regalingualius posted:

VS is good when they get around to doing a Wild report every 6-ish weeks but I think otherwise the best free source for the Wild meta is Tempo Storm.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

mcbexx posted:

Anyone else using the PackTracker plugin in HDT?
It disappeared for me (showing "Empty ..." in the plugin-dropdown in HDT) and when I try to reinstall by drag/dropping it back in, I get an "Error importing, please install manually to <plugin folder path>" - the DLL is still there. Tried downloading the latest version, no dice.

Pack tracker hasn't worked for me since it wanted to update today. I updated and it disappeared from HDT and I can't get it to reinstall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

Pack tracker hasn't worked for me since it wanted to update today. I updated and it disappeared from HDT and I can't get it to reinstall.

Looks like it's been affected by a dependency update to HDT (which has already released minor revision updates twice today):

HDT Update Notes posted:

Release v1.11.4 - 2020-04-29
• This version updates several dependencies, causing some Plugins to no longer load.