Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Let's be real, nobody who's reading this thread isn't at least familiar in passing with Hearthstone, I don't think I need to explain the basics. It's Blizzard's take on a cardgame, taking many elements from Magic: The Gathering while also introducing many new ones.

What's more likely is returning players, so I'll be providing info for you guys.

Fancy headers to come (probably not).

Battlegrounds

To be done.

Year of the Phoenix

The current rotation is the Year of the Phoenix. This includes the Year of the Dragon's cards (Rise of Shadows, Saviours of Uldum, Descent of Dragons and Galakrond's Awakening) as well as the Year of the Phoenix sets (currently Ashes out Outland. New sets come out about every 4 months, so the next one will probably be around July or August.)

The ranking system has also changed. Instead of just going 25-1-Legend, it now goes Bronze-Silver-Gold-Platinum-Diamond-Legend, with the first five divisions having 10 ranks each. Instead of starting at a higher rank at the start of each month based on how you placed last month, you get bonus starts that make you go up from the bottom of bronze faster. Every 5 ranks prior to Legend is a floor you can't drop below, and provides both immediate rewards and rewards at the end of the month. This is supposedly easier to understand than the previous system. (I'm not sure if the immediate rewards are supposed to be "first time you hit this rank ever" or "first time each month.")

Year of the Dragon: Cards of note

We didn't have a specific year of the dragon thread, but it happened last year and some of the cards are still notable. The ones that see a notable amount of play in the current meta are as follows.

Rise of Shadows: Crystal Power, The Forest's Aid, Ray of Frost, Conjurer's Calling, Kalecgos, Forbidden Words, Madame Lazul, Convincing Infiltrator, Catarina Muerte, Mass Resurrection, EVIL Miscreant, Heistbaron Togwaggle, EVIL Genius, Magic Carpet, Archmage Vargoth, and Exotic Mount Seller.

Saviours of Uldum: Anubisath Defender, Overflow, Reno the Relicologist, Tortollan Pilgram, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, Penance, Psychopomp, Sandhoof Waterbearer, Plague of Death, Pharoah Cat, Totemic Surge, EVIL Totem, Splitting Axe, Plague of Flames, Zephyrs the Great, Bone Wraith, and Khartut Defender.

Descent of Dragons: Dwarven Sharpshooter, Phase Stalker, Toxic Reinforcements, Arcane Breath, Azure Explorer, Malygos Aspect of Magic, Rolling Fireball, Dragoncaster, Breath of the Infinite, Dragon's Hoard, Flik Skyshiv, Nether Breath, Dark Skies, Crazed Netherwing, Blazing Battlemage, Scalerider, Bad Luck Albatross, Big Ol' Whelp, Cobalt Spellkin, Faceless Corruptor, and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.

Special mention: Every card related to Galakrond in any way, though Warrior and Shaman are weak right now.

Galakrond's Awakening: Rising Winds, The Amazing Reno, Aeon Reaver, Skyvateer, Risky Skipper, Escaped Manasaber, Frenzied Felwing, and Boompistol Bully.

Not to say they're the only good cards or others haven't been meta defining, but those are the ones to look at crafting for classes you're interested in the most, in my opinion.

A quick summary of each what each expansion brought to the tables, too.

Rise of Shadows added Lackeys. Primarily for Rogue, Warrior, Warlock, Priest and Shaman, they're 1 cost 1/1s with battlecry effects that are above their value. Not all useful in all situations, and every method of generating them bar 1 gives you a random one, but they can be extremely powerful when put into play.

Saviours of Uldum: Re-added the 'no duplicate' (AKA Reno or Highlander) effect. Mage, Hunter, Paladin and Druid got class cards for it, but the neutral added (Zephyrs the Great) was legitimately so powerful even the other six classes want to get in on it. Also reintroduced quests but those... Er, don't see any play right now.

Descent of Dragons: Added Galakrond for the five Lackey/EVIL classes. The exact effect of Galakrond differs from class to class, but the central effect is that he's a special type of card called a hero card. Hero cards give you 5 (usually) armor and replace your hero power (more importantly they give you a new portrait and emotes, too!) along with some kind of battlecry effect. Uniquely, each iteration of Galakrond can power up by playing cards with the Invoke keyword (which has effects that depend on which Galakrond you're playing). He powers up at 2 and 4 invokes, generally doubling the power of his battlecry each time. (EG: Warlock's Galakrond summons 1/2/4 demons). Also added a lot of dragon cards but that's not particularly relevant right now, though the no duplicate card Dragonqueen Alexstrasza further boosted that deck type.

Priest changes and hall of fame additions
A number of basic and classic cards have been rotated out and are only playable in wild. These are:

Spellbreaker, Acolyte of Pain, Leeroy Jenkins (RIP), Northshire Cleric, Prophet Velen, Aucheni Shadow Priest, Holy Fire, Shadowform and Divine Favour.

Priest also had a number of their basic and classic cards changed, along with a few added.

Power Word: Shield is now 0 mana +2 health instead of 1 mana +2 health draw a card.
Temple Enforcer is now a 5 mana 5/6 Battlecry: Give a friendly creature +3 health instead of a 6 mana 6/6 with the same effect.
Holy Nova is now 4 mana heal all friendlies for 2 damage enemy minions for 2 instead of 5 mana heal friendlies for 2 damage all enemies for 2.
Smite is now 1 mana deal 3 damage to an enemy minion instead of 1 mana deal 2 damage.
Shadow Madness is now 3 mana instead of 4.
Thoughtsteal is now 2 mana instead of 3.
Shadow Word: Death is now 2 mana instead of 3.

The new cards are:

Kul Tiran Chaplain. 2 mana 2/3 battlecry: give a friendly creature +2 health.
Power Infusion, 4 mana give a creature +2/+6
Shadow Word: Ruin 5 mana destroy all creatures with 5 or more attack.
Natalie Seline (new legendary) 8 mana 8/1 Battlecry: Destroy an enemy minion and gain it's health.
Psychic Conjurer 1 mana 1/1 battlecry add a copy of a card from your opponent's deck to your hand
Scarlet Subjagator 1 mana 2/1 battlecry: give an enemy minion -2 attack until the end of your turn.

The idea was to make priest more buff and healing focused and less combo oriented. In practice that never works because priest has no card draw so now they just play the fatigue game more or less.

Returning players
If you haven't played for at least 4 months, starting March 26th 2020, or start a new account you can get a free deck. Generally you should pick the one for a class you like, but the Rogue one is probably the most competitive and the Mage one is the highest value for cost-per-card.

Meta summary for each class

Demon Hunter: Burst onto the scene with such great power that it tore up standard, wild, arena and technically battlegrounds! Demon Hunter got nerfed twice and it's still going strong. Their main game plan is relentless aggression. Their hero power is weak, but costs 1 mana instead of 2, and they have a ton of cards to encourage aggression with card draw, bonus effects when you attack, and healing. Their main weaknesses are a lack of hard removal, lack of card generation, and that the vast majority of their key cards have a mere 2 health and are easily removed.

Druid: The best deck right now is heavily spell oriented. Use Fungal Fortunes to draw a lot of cards, then cast Glowfly Swarm to fill your board with 2/2s for only 5 mana. Other cards that synergize with spellcasting such as Kael'thas Sunstrider, Anubisath Defender, and Exotic Mountseller see play, but only a very few of them. Big Druid also sees play, but it's weaker.

Hunter: Hunter's in a bit of a pickle right now, with it's most effective strategy of pure aggro being generally done better by Demon Hunters. That said, all is not lost. They've got some incredibly powerful dragon synergy (though I don't see that much lately), along with one of the better quests, highlander synergy, and a fairly solid aggro package. It remains to be seen if they need more cards from another expansion, people to further refine decks, or a shift in the most popular decks played.

Mage: There's two mage archetypes that see play, generally speaking. The weaker of the two is pure spells. Two mage cards, Apexis Blast and Font of Power, are empowered by having no minions in your deck. It's a tier 3 deck at best, but can be fun. On the more powerful side of things is Highlander Mage. With a powerful (and underestimated prior to release by many, me included) highlander class card and a large variety of good cards, mage has no trouble picking 30 unique cards to benefit from the extremely powerful effects of Zephyrs, Dragonqueen Alexstrasza and Reno the Relicologist.

Paladin: Ah, poor Paladin. It's been a long time since it's done well. It got some absolutely insanely powerful cards in Ashes of Outland, but the base it's built on is so pathetic it's still stuck at the very bottom of the winrate for all the classes. Still, there has been some success with Murloc Paladin.

Priest: The one everyone loves to hate, Blizzard's attempt to make it less frustrating to face combo priest has meant that the main priest archetype is the far more annoying resurrect priest! Your gameplan is to do nothing for the first five turns while hoping you don't get hopelessly behind or can draw your anti aggro cards, then becoming completely unstoppable due to the constant walls of resurrected Infiltrators and Khartut Defenders. Highlander Priest is also in vogue, though it folds to aggro even harder.

Rogue: Rogue's been going strong for some time. Rogue's Galakrond is a star player of all three variants that see play: Secret, Stealth, and Highlander. Rogue's in a strong place overall with several avenues of play, as long as you're willing to embrace the Dragonlord.

Shaman: Shaman is only slightly better off than Paladin. When Descent of Dragons launched, Galakrond Shaman saw winrates unmatched by any deck seen before it (but not since. Demon Hunter promptly dethroned it in Ashes). They've fallen far, however and struggle to remain relevant. Their most popular deck right now is Totem Shaman, which involves... Using a bunch of buffs to get really strong totems and then duplicate them with Totemic Reflection and Splitting Axe. It'd be dangerous, if they had any draw.

Warlock: Warlock is up with Rogue and Demon Hunter in power right now, due to the extreme healing they have. In fact, they were the only class able to stand a fighting chance against pre-nerf Demon Hunter, and even got nerfed themselves later. Galakrond Warlock is generally the way to go these days; Though you've got to pray to the RNG you don't get a bunch of Imprisoned or weak demons, the highroll potential of his battlecry can be devastating. Zoo Warlock also is promising, but the struggles it has with Demon Hunter means it's not a top tier deck.

Warrior: Warrior was in a dominant position prior to rotation, but it lost a lot of it's best cards with year of the raven leaving standard. Right now it's the worst winrate class other than Paladin, but people are experimenting with their new cards to try and make something work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Great thread title so far.

Spell druid feels pretty good, I did not expect it to be a viable archetype when previewing the cards before release.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Just made it to legend with secretless highlander hunter. 75% winrate, 21-7 overall; 9-1 in my last 10; 6-0 against rogues, 4-0 against mages, 4-1 against priests. Worst matchup was warlock at 0-2. Stormhammer is nuts, Brann is nuts, Felmaw is surprisingly good. Most matches were over before I could play Alexstrasza

### highlander
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (2) Corrosive Breath
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Flare
# 1x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Primordial Explorer
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Escaped Manasaber
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
#
AAECAZ/DAx6oArUD4QSAB8UI2wnmlgP8owPkpAOmpQOEpwOKrQOLrQOOrQP5rgP8rwP+rwOHsAPnsAP/sAOCsQOFsQORsQPYsgOEtgOvtwPOuAODuQOiuQP/ugMAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

peer fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 23, 2020

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I'm vaguely hopeful that we get one complete rebuild a year going forward; the Priest changes were very needed and it would be nice to change up Paladin's dire Basic/Classic set. Someone suggested just completely removing secrets which I don't think would be the worst idea but really as long as they're backing up power plays like 4-mana Hammer of Wrath and Holy Light I don't think the secrets are the problems.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

NorgLyle posted:

I'm vaguely hopeful that we get one complete rebuild a year going forward; the Priest changes were very needed and it would be nice to change up Paladin's dire Basic/Classic set. Someone suggested just completely removing secrets which I don't think would be the worst idea but really as long as they're backing up power plays like 4-mana Hammer of Wrath and Holy Light I don't think the secrets are the problems.

Yes and no. Right now there are 13 one mana paladin spells in standard. 5 relatively low value secrets, one twinspell to cast a random secret, and then stuff like humility and blessing of wisdom, plus the quest. That's a lot of trash that pollutes Lightforged Crusader's card generation (except the quest, which I don't think you can get this way), one of the few way to generate cards, as a replacement for card draw. Removing the secret stuff would immediately make paladin a bit more viable for a controll-y or midrange variant.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

peer posted:

Just made it to legend with secretless highlander hunter. 75% winrate, 21-7 overall; 9-1 in my last 10; 6-0 against rogues, 4-0 against mages, 4-1 against priests. Worst matchup was warlock at 0-2. Stormhammer is nuts, Brann is nuts, Felmaw is surprisingly good. Most matches were over before I could play Alexstrasza

### highlander
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Flare
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
#
AAECAZ/DAx6oArUD4QSAB8UI2wnmlgP8owPkpAOmpQOEpwOKrQOLrQOOrQP5rgP8rwP+rwOHsAPnsAP/sAOCsQOFsQORsQPYsgOEtgOvtwPOuAODuQOiuQP/ugMAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

what do you prioritize on mulligan? and did this feel stronger than the secret version?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

what do you prioritize on mulligan? and did this feel stronger than the secret version?

I think the secret version is probably better if you're facing a lot of demon hunters and aggro decks, while my version has the edge against priests and mages in particular (imo).

As for mulliganing, I've been keeping Stormhammer always; Battlemage, Sharpshooter, Faerie Dragon, Breath (for the Phase Stalker), Flare against hunters; Faerie Dragon, Felmaw, Flare against rogues; Faerie Dragon, Felmaw, Deadly Shot (for the Manasaber/Doomsayer) against mages; Faerie Dragon, Felmaw, Zephrys against priests; Brann against priests and mages. Against demon hunters you probably want Desert Spear but I hardly faced any.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
shoutout to the absolute madman running Yogg Hunter in low Diamond

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh, new threads, exciting

I've been playing your hunter deck and been scoring some good win streaks with it! I like that it has more to offer than just spamming secrets and going for face all the time. I find it comparably hard to build a fun hunter deck due to how the class works, but this one is cool.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
missing veranus and zixor from that deck. are those key players?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Goons Are Great posted:

I've been playing your hunter deck and been scoring some good win streaks with it! I like that it has more to offer than just spamming secrets and going for face all the time. I find it comparably hard to build a fun hunter deck due to how the class works, but this one is cool.

That's great! I think I had a pretty lucky run to legend and am not claiming this is always a 75% winrate deck, but it's very cool that you're having some success with it

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don't think so. In most games Zixor is just a 2/4 rush for 3 (or a 5/7 for 3 if you Ingenuity him - without Zixor I don't think I'd run Ingenuity either) and the Prime rarely matters. Veranus is your only pseudo-board clear except Zephrys, but you could probably swap him out for a more aggressive card just fine. Tracking would probably be good in the deck, Scalerider is an option, maybe Overconfident Orc or Bone Wraith if you're facing a lot of aggro, Frenzied Felwing if you think the deck is too slow, Maiev if you're running into big taunts... a lot of reasonable alternatives, I think

edit: vvvvv I'm not sure I'd cut Gryphon if you're missing Zixor, there's still Faceless Corruptor and Evasive Wyrm, and a 3-mana 4/1 can be pretty clutch anyway to kill an early highish health dude

peer fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 23, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If you don’t have zixor then diving griffon and scavenger’s ingenuity need to be cut as well. Veranus isn’t key but it’s a really nice dragon and good for pushing through high health taunts like druids.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

since we have 2 threads at the moment, crossposting my last post:

AnacondaHL posted:

Oh no....

The Murloc Paladin deck might be legit...

wins vs warrior through 2x Bladestorm 2x Risky Skipper

win on Turn 4 vs Galakrond Warlock

vs Rogue just see who does the most bullshit to win

lose vs every Demon Hunter

tier 1?

HS Replay has Murloc Paladin as the best deck in the meta, for what that’s worth.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i feel better about crafting veranus than i do zixor tbh since im less likely to buy/open gala packs

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

peer posted:

### highlander
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Flare
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
#
#

I'm not great at this game but this deck is both fun and giving me wins. Thanks! Escaped Manasaber I swapped out for Hunter's Pack, it never seemed to work out for me.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

peer posted:

### highlander
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Flare
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
#
#

Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way to deal with wide boards without explosive trap. Also for crazy reason Alexstrasza only gave me one dragon, that was the end.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
was your hand full when you played DQalex?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

was your hand full when you played DQalex?

Ah! That was probably it, thanks!!!!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way to deal with wide boards without explosive trap.

You're right, other than sort-of Zephrys and sort-of Veranus. I didn't really need it, but I can definitely see Explosive Trap being a good inclusion if you're facing a lot of demon hunters in particular (though if that's the case you probably want to play the whole phase stalker + trap package, which turns this into a different deck)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Promoted Pawn posted:

since we have 2 threads at the moment, crossposting my last post:

HS Replay has Murloc Paladin as the best deck in the meta, for what that’s worth.

Sadly, ever since the rank rework and the subsequent HSreplay filter update, the free data from HS Replay is basically meaningless, as it covers only Bronze through Gold games.

If it says the same winrates for Diamond-4 to high legend then I'd look into it further, but otherwise my 10-set with the deck was basically praying for the perfect curve or that the opponent didn't do anything, but in a worse way than traditional zoo-esque decks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
that makes a lot of sense. i was wondering why the HSreplay numbers were so different

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

oblig :10bux:

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

So Murloc Paladin is best deck in the meta?

E: nm saw the above. It is not

TURGID TOMFOOLERY fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 23, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

So Murloc Paladin is best deck in the meta?

maybe yes, maybe only in dumpster tier

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
At diamond 4-5 today, I ran into a lot of priest, mostly the Galakrond Thief spell version but a couple resurrects as well. It pushed me back with my Highland Hunter and Albatross still seems to be played enough to sabotage spell mage. Looking at the highland quest Shaman for my next attempt

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Oh ho ho I sure do like all these big demon DHs.

Transforming the last magtheridon watcher with faceless was good, then when he got another one off discovery using a blackjack to put two into my hand so 3 never died was too good.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Snazzy Frocks posted:

maybe yes, maybe only in dumpster tier

FWIW I'm in the top half of Diamond and I'm stomping with it. I've been stuck at the rank floor there for a little while, but now I'm straight up on my way to legend. I think people just don't really know how to play around it?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

AnacondaHL posted:

Sadly, ever since the rank rework and the subsequent HSreplay filter update, the free data from HS Replay is basically meaningless, as it covers only Bronze through Gold games.

Oh wow I missed that change, I was wondering why the top decks' number of games played was so low.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Not sure if it’s tilt, honour or what but Rogue secrets are really good at making people concede when they play into one and get got.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got my first alt hero portrait, Shadow Council Gul'dan or whatever. :toot:

It's alright. Better than the other two alt warlocks at least.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Desert Bus posted:

I'm not great at this game but this deck is both fun and giving me wins. Thanks! Escaped Manasaber I swapped out for Hunter's Pack, it never seemed to work out for me.

Tracking is a much better swap.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

wocobob posted:

FWIW I'm in the top half of Diamond and I'm stomping with it. I've been stuck at the rank floor there for a little while, but now I'm straight up on my way to legend. I think people just don't really know how to play around it?

That's good to know. I have a feeling that if I ever get tired of the stupid, stupid things that spell druid does I'll end up crafting the junk I need for that (both copies of the weapon, murloc legendary). I like murlocs for some reason; the first time I ever hit dad legend was on the back of murloc shaman after I unpacked Scargill.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Can someone post a good Murloc paladin list? I was enjoying Pure/Libram for a while but it doesn’t feel so great now.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Yoked posted:

Can someone post a good Murloc paladin list? I was enjoying Pure/Libram for a while but it doesn’t feel so great now.

Most popular on hsreplay.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

peer posted:

You're right, other than sort-of Zephrys and sort-of Veranus. I didn't really need it, but I can definitely see Explosive Trap being a good inclusion if you're facing a lot of demon hunters in particular (though if that's the case you probably want to play the whole phase stalker + trap package, which turns this into a different deck)

I'm facing a lot of lackey rogues as well. If I could run explosive trap early on I'd be able to clear and progress with my board strategy. I dunno, I'll play with it some more. I'm not going to just throw in explosive trap because you need the support for that card and that turns it into a whole different deck.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Getting in on the ground floor to announce that, after years of sticking almost exclusively to Casual, I finally got over my ladder anxiety this expansion and pushed into Wild Legend just now! :D

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Regalingualius posted:

Getting in on the ground floor to announce that, after years of sticking almost exclusively to Casual, I finally got over my ladder anxiety this expansion and pushed into Wild Legend just now! :D

That's awesome! What carried you up the ladder?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

fanny packrat posted:

That's awesome! What carried you up the ladder?

Pre-Diamond 5, Secret Mage was hilariously good; I legitimately lost track of how long my win streak was. Once I got into Diamond, I started running into tougher matchups and swapped to Quest Mage pre-nerf... And once I hit 5, it started feeling like a Sisyphean “win a couple, lose a couple”. I managed to get to 1... then plummeted back to the bottom. :negative:

I got most of the way up my second time with Odd DH, then spent the last bit playing Cubelock with a bit of extra healing and secret/weapon removal tech cards... though, funnily enough, I never got the chance to use the ooze against Aluneth or Skull of the Ma’nari, when that was half the reason I slotted it in in the first place (the other half was DH weapons).

Final opponent wound up being some poor Dragon Hunter who apparently could not for the life of him draw any dragons, and conceded after I Cubed a Voidlord on turn 6 or 7.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

peer posted:

### highlander
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Flare
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
#
#

I have no idea how you made it to legend but congrats. I’ve lost to all but one DH. And spell Druid seems unfavorable as well.

Fun deck though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone made a dh deck other than tempo and OTK work?

I want to use the cool big cards and be the timmy I was born to be. :saddowns: