Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Redd is on my island today, and while I think he has at least one genuine piece, I liked the fake Birth of Venus so much I decided to buy it, knowing it is fake. It'll look real nice in my basement gallery.

Sorry Blathers; it is going to take a loooooooooong time to populate the 'official' gallery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

magimix posted:

Redd is on my island today, and while I think he has at least one genuine piece, I liked the fake Birth of Venus so much I decided to buy it, knowing it is fake. It'll look real nice in my basement gallery.

Sorry Blathers; it is going to take a loooooooooong time to populate the 'official' gallery!

If you don’t want the real one, I’ll happily take it. :getin:

Personally, I’ve got my alt for buying cool fake paintings, though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok got a turnip price of 596 and a bunch of spare crafting recipies next to Abels, dunno what else just don't laugh at my bad island and also pls dont mess up my flowers. I mean go nuts on the ones randomly planted at the top of the island, but if you wanna water some of the ones I've planted that would be cool cuz I haven't done it yet.

Dodo code is Edit: Closed, turnip price went to poo poo after 12:00!

Edit: probably for another hour? do the prices reset at 12:00?

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 30, 2020

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Well that was unexpected! Went to the turnip exchange website solely to grab some screenshots to laugh at, turns out it's really calmed down! For one, you can now filter people asking for tips or not, but even in the section where people want money most of them are pretty reasonable. Ended up selling for 499 an left a tip of 99k (which I would have left anyway).

Something to consider if there are no goons able to offer good prices at any point!

track day bro! posted:

They do, yes. Poor host I just went to didn't know that, clock ticked over to 12 as I was buying. Dropped to 168.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
one time last week I was going to a brand new T.E listing and they set it to 7 people, it was 11:45 local time but it was 12:02 by the time I was at nooks

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm suffering from a decreasing turnip pattern, today I had my last chance of turning it around, but it just decreased further. I'll take anything above 150 if anyone wants to help me avoid a 50% lost investment

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Meanwhile, in the public Discord turnip exchange:

Mod Drama posted:

**Good evening everyone**
This is the (previous) Moderation Team.

We are here to inform you that **Project Sunshine** is official on.

Due to the actions of our Owner, **Nico**, we have decided to take matters in to our own hands.
As someone once said, you can throw a carpet over the dirt, but the dirt is still there.

Our server owner has done a **lot of things.** Including but not limited to:
**Scamming, put the wishes of his members aside for his own personal gain, ignore input of his staff members, failed to manage his staff, attempted to use the Discord for financial gain, attempted to sell the Discord for 1,500 - 3,000 dollars, repeatedly told it’s Staff that they’re not contributing to the server, even tho they had to clean up after him (after messing with permissions, doing give aways and forced his staff to pay for the prizes, etc), to name a few**

If you'd like to be provided with proof of this, we're more then willing to provide it in our server, if you DM Modmail.

We'd like to invite you to Daisy Mae's Exchange, a server where both the staff, and it's members are treated fairly and their input is heard, to create an environment we can all enjoy and connect!

We hope to see you there.
- **Ex-Moderation** Team

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Chris Pistols posted:

Well that was unexpected! Went to the turnip exchange website solely to grab some screenshots to laugh at, turns out it's really calmed down! For one, you can now filter people asking for tips or not, but even in the section where people want money most of them are pretty reasonable. Ended up selling for 499 an left a tip of 99k (which I would have left anyway).

Something to consider if there are no goons able to offer good prices at any point!

They do, yes. Poor host I just went to didn't know that, clock ticked over to 12 as I was buying. Dropped to 168.

The two - if the other even exists still - always seemed weird to me for that one reason. Every different community, if you bunch them into one category and stereotypically apply things to them, act differently. Reddit people are super greedy and drat near want your firstborn for something slightly rare and it's just the way of the land. Twitter people are generally just regular people playing the game who want to share things with no money or bells involved - hell, they do random rear end giveaways just for fun. Goons are like Twitter but obviously a way smaller grouping.

When the Reddit people started near-maxing out on bells and realized that created a weird endgame that's just a dick measuring contest, a lot of them either stopped playing or stopped asking for tips and just veer into the actual chill part of the game. It's always been strange for me to see. Something similar happened during New Leaf.

Granted, there are obviously people who fall outside of these generalizations. The worst interaction I've ever had on ACNH was asking a lady on Twitter if I could give her the materials to make an item for me and she flat out refused because she wanted it to be hers and hers alone for as long as possible. This same lady went on to show off and not share (which I'm fine with, but like, c'mon) a design she made simply because she had made it.

This is a long post for the AC thread. It's early/late for me. I'm going to bed. All in all, some people are just unchill and I think the two sites, turnip and turnips, have started to become more chill because the aforementioned unchillingtons either go away or chill out.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

track day bro! posted:

Ok got a turnip price of 596 and a bunch of spare crafting recipies next to Abels, dunno what else just don't laugh at my bad island and also pls dont mess up my flowers. I mean go nuts on the ones randomly planted at the top of the island, but if you wanna water some of the ones I've planted that would be cool cuz I haven't done it yet.

Dodo code is 25BCJ

Hey buddy, thanks. I visited just now, City Folk Trasher. Left a tip of 3x99k and watered until my can broke.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

Hey buddy, thanks. I visited just now, City Folk Trasher. Left a tip of 3x99k and watered until my can broke.

Thanks! Also thanks everyone else who popped by!

MossCoveredStones
Apr 26, 2020

track day bro! posted:

Dodo code is 25BCJ

Thanks so much for staying open a while longer! Sorry I didn't stay around to water some flowers but I could come back real quick with some foreign hybrids if it's cool. I got pansies, tulips and mums. Heck I'll bring some fruit by too.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
This is how I feel in the Nook's shop now:

Edit: Ah, hosed it. Ignore this post (standard procedure).

Chris Pistols fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 30, 2020

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Opening up our island for a while, it’s raining and Lief is here. To the left of the airport is a huge pile of fossils, recipes and other bits and bobs including a cutting board recipe for whoever moves fast. It’s lunchtime so I’ll be largely afk but please come and say hi, and help yourself to anything you like. Tipping not necessary but we are very very poor so anything towards our next bridge would be welcome.

Dodo code: 37WHT

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sanford posted:

Opening up our island for a while, it’s raining and Lief is here. To the left of the airport is a huge pile of fossils, recipes and other bits and bobs including a cutting board recipe for whoever moves fast. It’s lunchtime so I’ll be largely afk but please come and say hi, and help yourself to anything you like. Tipping not necessary but we are very very poor so anything towards our next bridge would be welcome.

Hornsby is making a deer decoration, fyi. :yayclod:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Wow thanks for the generosity, folks!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Hornsby is making a deer decoration, fyi. :yayclod:

Thanks for this too!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Sanford posted:

Thanks for the Ankylosaurus skull! Now I only need the Ophthalmosaurus torso and Pachycephalosaurus skull and I've filled the museum! Well, until they update the Spinosaurus tail for accuracy...

I was late to the bridge donation and was only able to bung the last couple of grand towards it, but I've left some money behind your house. Thanks again!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Do flowers have be fully grown/blooming in order to count to your island's star count? Or will simply planting a bunch of seeds immediately boost it?

Ezis
Oct 10, 2001

Sanford posted:

I took your birdbath recipe, left you some bells

MossCoveredStones
Apr 26, 2020

Sanford posted:

Took a field flooring and left ya a 30k bell bag as thanks. Been hoping one of my villagers would make the deer decoration and now I don't have to wait any more, hooray!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do flowers have be fully grown/blooming in order to count to your island's star count? Or will simply planting a bunch of seeds immediately boost it?

According to the scoring system I've seen, newly planted flowers count for something, but not as much as stem/bud stage flowers, which in turn are not as much as fully bloomed flowers.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Opening up while I'm in some meetings, turnip price is 380. Flick is here, haven't checked out Ables yet.

https://turnip.exchange/island/498b564d

Edit: It's also raining.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

if you're impatient, go dig up a nook miles island, and replant them at home :) got my 5-star that way, after being told my massive collection of flowers just wasn't enough.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

calandryll posted:

Opening up while I'm in some meetings, turnip price is 380. Flick is here, haven't checked out Ables yet.

Thank you, friend. I left you some bells and (I hope you don't mind, I noticed your flag) my own custom Pens jersey in the Nook sisters.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Thank you, friend. I left you some bells and (I hope you don't mind, I noticed your flag) my own custom Pens jersey in the Nook sisters.

Hell yes! Thanks for the jersey, I was going to make one but :effort:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I'm going to open up my island for a bit. I don't have a whole lot (fairly new island), but Saharah is wandering in the forest to the right, there are some oranges available to pick, and I have some recipes, furniture and clothing next to the landing dock for giveaways. Turnip price is lousy, hot item is natural garden chair.

Dodo Code: Closed
Island: Rhosyn

Sally is making a log chair, Able sisters have the soft serve hat

Bonster fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 30, 2020

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Saharah's on my island today selling red persian rugs (large), pink rose rugs (medium) and yellow design kitchen mats (small). Last I saw, she was in the forest on the eastern side of my island.

Rex (last house to the right of the airport) is making an orange hat, but I don't think there's much else going on, unless you want to buy a noble's coat from the sisters to look like a real fancy boy/girl.

I'm gonna leave my island open while I attempt to do work. Feel free to pick some fruit or grab anything I've left on the ground.

Code is closed.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 30, 2020

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

calandryll posted:

Ahhhh, there was a communication error after I sold the turnips. If you let me know when things calm down I'd be happy to bring a tip and/or water flowers.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Massive inventory reduction! Everything must go! Fossils, Furniture, diy cards, all can be yours for the low price of NOTHING. Come and take what you want. Visit Saharah, and get: Mortar Wall, Ramshackle Flooring, Blue Kilim-style carpet, Black-design kitchen mat, or a simple medium orange rug. Do it now! Dodo: 80BT4 Don't forget to water the flowers in the yards of the first two houses while you're here (please, they are marked with watering cans).

Edit: Ankha might be crafting? animation is showing, but she may not be giving recipe

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 30, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Edit. Quoted wrong person and im on my phone. This was directed at who opened town w cutting board recipe.

Hey. Trying to get ahold of you in game to give you bells.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 30, 2020

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.
Visit Subcon! Turnips selling for 580 and kicks is in town selling red Power Boots and a Traveller's Backpack.

Do whatever you want but I'm using
-redacted-
due to the high value and traffic!

Fissurefury fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 30, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Beautiful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Fissurefury posted:

Visit Subcon! Turnips selling for 580 and kicks is in town selling red Power Boots and a Traveller's Backpack.

Do whatever you want but I'm using https://turnip.exchange/island/daac54a0 due to the high value and traffic!

thanks On my way!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Sanford posted:

The Sean posted:

Edit. Quoted wrong person and im on my phone. This was directed at who opened town w cutting board recipe.

Hey. Trying to get ahold of you in game to give you bells.

Back on a computer now. I'll pm you where I left it.

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.
New rule: No sneezing all over my island

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Fissurefury posted:

Do whatever you want but I'm using https://turnip.exchange/island/daac54a0 due to the high value and traffic!

Thanks a pile! You have a lovely island. I left a tip up north.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Opening up my island! Come take recipes and fossils. Please don't shake my money trees!

Ables has China poblana dress, fox masks and mohawks! Nooks has a pladma ball thing and a diner table. Turnip prices are bad. Tips or donating to my bridge is appreciated since I'm renovating!

Dodo code is 1XYHM

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fissurefury posted:

Thank you!!!! I was "next" on two islands yesterday before they shut down. I left a tip by your house.

Edit:

Fissurefury posted:

New rule: No sneezing all over my island

Hey man, I can't help that I got the 'rona. It's a medical condition.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

closed!

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 30, 2020

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Does anyone have tips or guides on large scale island terraforming?

I have an image in my head of what I want my island to look like, but figuring out how to translate it into reality is overwhelming.

Is there an app or way to plan out the layout ahead of time?

Should I flatten everything then build up the tiers I want? Or try to edit the shape of the tiers already in place?

What do I do with my houses and buildings that are in the way while editing the landscape? Do I pay a buttload of bells to move them all to a corner and then again to move them to the final location?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Opening up bc Able Sisters are selling the Crown for 1m bells.

I'll be hanging by the swap shop, leave a nice note on my bulletin board if you want

:durr: BDJ7B

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 30, 2020