Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

Staveley is a nice english figurehead for the Saudis, I’m not sure why this is hard to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its to do with the 110m loan interest free loan he gave the club that has never been paid back. googling to find out about it because i didn't know the specifics i found out that prince andrew asked her to marry him lol

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/14/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-in-advanced-talks-to-sell-club-for-350m

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

sassassin posted:

The failure documentaries (Sunderland, Leeds) are way better than watching the big sides suck themselves off and pretend a £50m fullback getting injured is some serious drama.

I went looking for the Leeds one and found a new Amazon Series called El Corazon de Sergio Ramos lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Staveley is a nice english figurehead for the Saudis, I’m not sure why this is hard to understand

Then why aren't they fronting her 10%?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Then why aren't they fronting her 10%?
Is that the way it works in your boiled peanut of a brain? The Saudis are rich so they must buy everything for everyone? Jesus. Grow up.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You lads heard the whatsapp audio from Bristol manager?

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Go on

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Bape Culture posted:

Is he talking about his cousin's best friend's fiance that works at Gilead?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tetsuo posted:

Is that the way it works in your boiled peanut of a brain? The Saudis are rich so they must buy everything for everyone? Jesus. Grow up.

Hi please dont insult the one person in our forum who is unequivocally not dumb and using their powers for extreme good right now thank

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just saying about the FA plan. 3 promotions on sporting merit. No relegations. Players out of contract won’t get paid or be able to sign new contracts. Most owners saying they’re out of money etc. Pretty messy

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

https://youtu.be/S81IiX1KqYg

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hi please dont insult the one person in our forum who is unequivocally not dumb and using their powers for extreme good right now thank

doctors can be dumb as poo poo mate

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Jose posted:

doctors can be dumb as poo poo mate

Hello, Doctor!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

tetsuo posted:

Who the gently caress are you?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Prove it.

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Who the gently caress are you?

Noted Newcastle fan tetsuo has been around forever mate

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Noted Newcastle fan tetsuo has been around forever mate

Can't say I've ever seen the name.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tetsuo posted:

They are rich and the ones splashing the cash so they should loan their chosen figurehead her lump sum rather than expecting Mike Ashley to do it, yeah.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Leave pubedoc alone

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CyberPingu posted:

Can't say I've ever seen the name.

he's been around forever lol

stop insulting each other OP's.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

he's been around forever lol

stop insulting each other OP's.

f*ck you lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wish the takeover would happen so i can go full pro MBS

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

RideTheSpiral posted:

f*ck you lol

lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

The failure documentaries (Sunderland, Leeds) are way better than watching the big sides suck themselves off and pretend a £50m fullback getting injured is some serious drama.

I watched the first half of the first episode of the Leeds documentary but it was too emotionally painful to continue so i had to stop

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

So I saw this posted in another forum and it's just such an insanely bad contract for the club to sign--dude gets a million bucks a year until he's 72 (apologies for the b*seball): https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27078321/happy-bobby-bonilla-day-why-mets-pay-119m-every-july-1

It got me wondering what the most egregious payouts, buyouts, bonuses etc are in football. I know there was that one Brazilian who just hung out with footballers and kept getting signed and then 'injured' forever, but what about Alexis Sanchez type players who have to be paid off to gently caress off, any good stories come to mind?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

So I saw this posted in another forum and it's just such an insanely bad contract for the club to sign--dude gets a million bucks a year until he's 72 (apologies for the b*seball): https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27078321/happy-bobby-bonilla-day-why-mets-pay-119m-every-july-1

It got me wondering what the most egregious payouts, buyouts, bonuses etc are in football. I know there was that one Brazilian who just hung out with footballers and kept getting signed and then 'injured' forever, but what about Alexis Sanchez type players who have to be paid off to gently caress off, any good stories come to mind?

Winston Bogarde got paid £40k a week to not play for Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/27/winston-bogarde-chelsea-interview

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
can I just say that yes, the Saudis should pay for everything, football wise or not, because they are filthy rich?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

greazeball posted:

The contract actually wasn't that bad, since deferred money is less valuable year over year. It also gave them flexibility with additional cash on hand.

Taking that extra cash and investing it with Bernie Madoff? Well that wasn't so great.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Can I just say that Winston Bogarde's biography is called "Deze Neger Buigt Voor Niemand," which translates to "This Negro Doesn't Bow to Anyone"

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

Bogarde is a legend imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TelekineticBear! posted:

I watched the first half of the first episode of the Leeds documentary but it was too emotionally painful to continue so i had to stop

The DJ transfer episode had me fuming because they don't mention that it was Leeds playing silly buggers with the deal right up till the last day that gave Swansea the chance to back out. His dad's parting comment of "hopefully we'll see you in the summer" was pretty funny given what happened afterwards (not so much him dying, but the Man Utd thing).

The most painful thing about it is Leeds only have one loving song and they play it to death.

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

Imagine making fat stacks of cash under a contract and someone asking you to voluntarily make less money, I hope everyone would tell them to gently caress off

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
He is. He lived in Amsterdam and flew to London every day via private helicopter to sign the attendance sheet at chelsea, then left again. lol.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ungratek posted:

The contract actually wasn't that bad, since deferred money is less valuable year over year. It also gave them flexibility with additional cash on hand.

Taking that extra cash and investing it with Bernie Madoff? Well that wasn't so great.

They could have just bought him out for $6 mil but they're paying him $25 mil instead. That seems... bad? Deferred money is still money, it's not worthless.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Imagine making fat stacks of cash under a contract and someone asking you to voluntarily make less money, I hope everyone would tell them to gently caress off

Hell yes, I want to hear more Bogarde level escapades

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

He is. He lived in Amsterdam and flew to London every day via private helicopter to sign the attendance sheet at chelsea, then left again. lol.

This is 100% false but you do you.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shrapnig posted:

This is 100% false but you do you.

lol op what the gently caress are you talking about. he had a private jet (and a pilot license) and flew it daily from Amsterdam to London. sorry if you don't know this.

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

How long is a helicopter flight from Amsterdam to London

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

lol op what the gently caress are you talking about. he had a private jet (and a pilot license) and flew it daily from Amsterdam to London. sorry if you don't know this.

quote:

Bogarde laughs when asked if he resided in England when at the club, saying he lived for two years in Windsor and for two years at Chelsea Harbour. “Yes, of course,” he says.

The question is asked because of the stories he flew in for training from the Netherlands each morning. This is flatly denied. “Of course not. I don’t understand how people come to these ridiculous stories, or lies or whatever. I’ve always been in the training at Chelsea, I’ve always been on time. I’ve never skipped training or I was never sick. I never [have] problems in any way with the club or in private matters. My relationship with people of Chelsea – the real people – is from the coffee lady to the kit man.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

How long is a helicopter flight from Amsterdam to London

well a normal flight is about an hour