Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question, is there any difference between normal and TVHM Mayhem 10?

We don’t know for sure, but if there one it’s small. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Mayhem 10 now has an 100% anoint rate!

Because this is gearbox, this doesn't apply to shields and maybe grenades. Might be patched soon, though.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Tombot posted:

I think the prime difference between The original Borderlands and the sequels were how the legendaries generated. In the original Borderlands the only thing that made a legendary a legendary was a single component of the gun, everything else was completely random as any other gun would be. This meant that even among the same legendary type, you would still see a huge amount of diversity. Heck, you would sometimes find legenderies with two different legendary parts on them.

I personally think an excelent solution would be bring back "Glitch" style weaponry like the ones found in the Claptastic voyage, that way any weapon could be a unique legendary taking advantage of the entire weapon pool.

BL1 also had that thing where each class was bonused for one specific type of weapon.

I still think the fire/lightning/corrosive rock/paper/scissor balance is kind of crap. At least with such a small amount of weapon slots.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Mayhem 10 farming continued

https://i.imgur.com/kz2HMfK.mp4

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Me: maybe someday we’ll get some cool heads?? Maybe camo face paint for Moze or boxer braids for Amara?

Gearbox:
https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1255908182125244416?s=21

....hm

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

Me: maybe someday we’ll get some cool heads?? Maybe camo face paint for Moze or boxer braids for Amara?

Gearbox:
https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1255908182125244416?s=21

....hm

i'm happy i'm not missing out on a cool head

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
either they REALLY adjusted drop rates or something is busted because I'm barely getting more legendaries from loottheuniverse areas (yes the new ones) than I did from regular farming in old M4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Martout posted:

either they REALLY adjusted drop rates or something is busted because I'm barely getting more legendaries from loottheuniverse areas (yes the new ones) than I did from regular farming in old M4

there'll probably be less loot on promethea than pandora because cov tends to have more badasses/anointed

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question, is there any difference between normal and TVHM Mayhem 10?

I don't think so, besides scaling the difference between base mode and TVHM is altered elemental damage, and it seems that is applied in all Mayhem modes.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Martout posted:

3 people multiplayer is when the badasses spawn very frequently. Generally you want 3/4 people to get the best drop rate and 3/4 instances of the drops using cooperation mode. 1/2 people don’t seem to spawn enough badasses to be worthwhile for anything but boss farming.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
no I mean badasses are straight up not dropping legendaries basically ever

like 20-25 legendary drops per enemy dense area has gone down to 2-3, and I always play solo because I have kids that wake up a lot

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I am amazed how high polygon some of these heads are and I hate every single one.

And the body stuff is just varying paint jobs. As opposed to varying outfits and clothing. Though based on the helmets they would screw up proper outfits too.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Martout posted:

no I mean badasses are straight up not dropping legendaries basically ever

like 20-25 legendary drops per enemy dense area has gone down to 2-3, and I always play solo because I have kids that wake up a lot

Which area? The Pandora event is over, you need to be on Promethea now. If its consistent for you log a bug with gearbox, maybe they screwed up again.

If anyone needs a M10 legendary, might not have anointment you want, but let me know I have tons to send across shift.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Katt posted:

I am amazed how high polygon some of these heads are and I hate every single one.

And the body stuff is just varying paint jobs. As opposed to varying outfits and clothing. Though based on the helmets they would screw up proper outfits too.

it's incredible, people have done nothing but complain about the heads being 1. nothing but mascot-style animal heads and 2. identical for all four characters and they are actively making progressively worse heads every time

anyway, give FL4K a flower crown. i'm still using the default on them for pete's sake!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

and they are actively making progressively worse heads every time

i think this is another indicator of them being low on resources

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Martout posted:

I'm easily getting about 10 per area gathering my decoder rings, solo on M2. Then I get half a dozen in the villa pre-Joey, and half a dozen in the Joey fight.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Are mission rewards scaling to mayhem levels- can I get an M10 Seventh Sense?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Listerine posted:

Are mission rewards scaling to mayhem levels- can I get an M10 Seventh Sense?

No.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Promethea
  • Meridian Outskirts - Shotguns

• Meridian Metroplex - Sniper Rifles & Artifacts

• Lectra City - Submachine Guns

• Atlas HQ - Assault Rifles & Class Mods

• Athenas - Pistols & Shields

• Skywell 27 - Heavy Weapons & Grenades

• Neon Arterial - Shotguns

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Once you're at that point what's the point of farming?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I-
https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1256236986303569920?s=21

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
best UX lmao

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wouldn't put borderlands 3 in any of those categories.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Best user experience: Press M for map, press X for world, press X again for planets, press E to select planet, press and hold E to select map, cannot fast travel someone is in a menu.

Floppychop posted:

Once you're at that point what's the point of farming?

That will get patched out soon, so you need to always be grabbing the best of everything. The same build takes forever on Graveward because you can't get the orbs to splash through him just like the lob.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Where is the nomination for best story?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I just finished the main story...does tvhm let me continue levelling up my character from where I am, or do I start from level 1 again?

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

alphabettitouretti posted:

I just finished the main story...does tvhm let me continue levelling up my character from where I am, or do I start from level 1 again?

The former, but turning on mayhem gives you all the benefits without making you Talk to Lilith ever again.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Kaysette posted:

best UX lmao

I guess we know what Randy did with his employees' bonus.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

is the slaughterstar 3000 just broken? I just beat the game and wanted to go back and do some fun stuff to level to 50's, so I thought the slaughterstar would be fun, and it bugs out on round 2, wave 2 every time. There's a guy I can't see inside a floor/cieling/doorway/crate whatever and it just stops the whole thing so I have to suicide and hope it doesn't happen again, but its happened 3 times in a row... Maybe there's some kind of bug with Phasegrasp/Stillness of mind where I'm lifting a guy into a catwalk?

Also what level should I be to start love & tentacles?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I will say that the sound design is outstanding - I have a decent 2.1 system and the explosions are extremely satisfying

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A Moose posted:

is the slaughterstar 3000 just broken? I just beat the game and wanted to go back and do some fun stuff to level to 50's, so I thought the slaughterstar would be fun, and it bugs out on round 2, wave 2 every time. There's a guy I can't see inside a floor/cieling/doorway/crate whatever and it just stops the whole thing so I have to suicide and hope it doesn't happen again, but its happened 3 times in a row... Maybe there's some kind of bug with Phasegrasp/Stillness of mind where I'm lifting a guy into a catwalk?

Also what level should I be to start love & tentacles?

There are some glitchy spawns in the arena, yes.

You're not using a Recursion, are you, cause that can gently caress up enemies on any level?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Rinkles posted:

There are some glitchy spawns in the arena, yes.

You're not using a Recursion, are you, cause that can gently caress up enemies on any level?

I think I actually was, it dropped for me in there, so I started using it because I was out of SMG ammo. Can it really just break the game?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A Moose posted:

I think I actually was, it dropped for me in there, so I started using it because I was out of SMG ammo. Can it really just break the game?

It actually can, but I was more referring to the physics from its projectiles. Especially in Arenas, it'll often catapult enemies outside level boundaries/walls.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Try to use homing quasars they tend to damage enemies in walls, granted higher mayhem levels grenades aren’t going to cut it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Haven't been playing much. Have the improved M10 rates been evident? (besides the 100% anoint rate)

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

usually, leaving Cartels on is way more fun, but Slaughterstar wasn't balanced around every enemy popping out 2 bosses. At least not while I'm leveling anyway. I feel like I'm giving up if I have to turn it off though. Like I might as well turn it on super easy mode and start cheating too

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Mayhem 4 is most fun I think while 7 is still tolerable

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lord almighty I got a NoPewPew to drop on PT1 and it is melting absolutely everything

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Poque posted:

lord almighty I got a NoPewPew to drop on PT1 and it is melting absolutely everything

Fun gun, ammo consumption high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Risky Bisquick posted:

Fun gun, ammo consumption high

I'm not super concerned about the ammo since it does like 80% the damage my Krakatoa does per bullet and I have like 10x the ammo capacity for ARs than sniper rifles