Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Squeezing the last bit of water from the stone. I fully expect fatigue pots for $$$.

Yeah you can buy them in the depot already :shrug:

In other words, I'm putting this game in the backburner for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The situation, as far as I know:
  • Nexon has said nothing about the anti-Fatigue protests
  • Literally nobody openly supports the system or the way it was dumped on us and the closest we've come to a defense is "Koreans cope with Fatigue, don't they?"
  • The playerbase is slowly shrinking as people quit in protest
  • The playerbase is slowly disappearing as people use up their bonus Fatigue and fatigue potions don't come in quickly enough to replenish it
  • Pre-Astera raids take longer to finish because strong players don't run them as often
  • Weaker players can't finish Redeemer raids because the strong players aren't around to carry them
  • People are telling each other to spam 12-man raids because they don't use Fatigue
  • People are telling each other to spam merc missions for dailies because they also don't use Fatigue
  • People are telling each other to spam Ein Lacher when their fatigue runs out because the rewards don't depend on Fatigue
  • People in the official Discord have openly discussed buying from gold sellers because they can't farm for drops effectively
  • Whales are still buying VVIP and gacha boxes, which is a nice reminder that we would worship Macha if she were specifically the Goddess of Class War
  • Bots be botting, despite the claims made in the fatigue announcements that bots would not do a botting in the presence of this incredibly clever anti-botting system
  • I'm not going to make a new thread until they repeal the Fatigue system because we've blown past the point where I can sell the game to goons in good conscience
For years there's been a huge gap between what F2P players can have and what whales can have, but people mostly tolerated it because there was a largely unspoken belief that normal players could get decent equipment through hard work, good luck, and generous event giveaways. Fatigue has more or less convinced people that this is all bullshit. You can't raid or farm as hard any more, drop rates haven't been increased to compensate, and Fatigue means that most events will be impossible to farm anyway. The only room for hope lies in that point in the very top of the list: Nexon hasn't said they're going to remove Fatigue, but they haven't said it's here to stay either. They might get it removed. They might alter fatigue costs. They might give away dozens of free fatigue potions per account forever. They might do something and that's what a lot of people seem to be counting on.

In conclusion:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 3, 2020

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TBH the news surrounding fatigue is confusing and I've been reading about it say the day it was released in discord. I've been avoiding logging in since my internet is not great and I sometimes d/c for no reason not only will I lose drops but burning extra 10% each time for nothing is too much.

Even if NX gave away free pots forever I feel like at least tokens they collected it after you cleared the boss vs each time the ship departs. So after 9 yrs NX found an even worse way to limit gameplay :thunk:

For comparison, VVIP is approx $15 vs $13 for FFXIV which is a much better game with actual support for players. Whales just gonna do their best to collect as many outfitters before the game is closed down so.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

This whole mess makes me very sad, I was actually thinking of coming back for Lethor too since she looks really cool to me but now it's a way tougher sell. :smith:

Also I find it kinda amusing Vindi still has enough of a population to shrink over this, I thought the only people left were the diehards who would never leave at this point.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

A Cup of Ramen posted:

This whole mess makes me very sad, I was actually thinking of coming back for Lethor too since she looks really cool to me but now it's a way tougher sell. :smith:

Also I find it kinda amusing Vindi still has enough of a population to shrink over this, I thought the only people left were the diehards who would never leave at this point.

I mean you're not wrong and it is a terrible time to return since Lether won't be out for 6+ months. The remaining pop actually is lower and boats aren't filling up so now we know that even the leftover ppl are leaving lol.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I forgot a point for the list: People in the official Discord have openly discussed moving to the private Vindi server. Just mentioning that for absolutely no reason.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I forgot a point for the list: People in the official Discord have openly discussed moving to the private Vindi server. Just mentioning that for absolutely no reason.

I feel like private servers in 2020 is a terrible joke :shrug:

IIRC the only real benefit was the avatar items being free and instead of 500 players, you could play with say 50.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ive gotten nearly halfway through Season 2 with Karok and I haven't team up with a single person since I came back.

Game dead.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If you love the game's soundtrack but don't want to play the game or go to YouTube or dig through your computer's file directory to find the .wavs, there's now a streaming music player at the devs' website: http://heroes.nexon.com/download/player. It's good. I think they're actually using higher-quality versions of the music than you can find in the game. Also, there's a surprise at the end of the playlist: Apparently, it's a bunch of recordings from a concert they did. The style is different from the in-game versions but they're good arrangements nonetheless.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjilwTUGE5g

Maintenance day.

The players have spoken and Nexon has given in to all demands

quote:

Regarding Voice Feature Revamp

Dear Mercenaries,

Last year November, we applied new character voices with the new Character Friendship System Update. We prepared the new voices and sounds of characters to not be too variant; however, many of our users responded as it was too awkward to adjust. Receiving continuous feedback from our community that our Mercenaries have been yearning to have the old voices back, we’ve made improvements to the implemented new voices as below.

First, we added the option of selecting from Korean/English for the new character voices through the December update. However, additional requests to separate the voices for combat and Character Friendship System was submitted. With consideration, we have worked hard in trying to bring you the 2nd phase of improvement that will allow our Mercenaries to choose voices for their character’s battle and Friendship System separately, which will be coming in the near update of February 25th.
We did it, guys, we won. Character voices are going to be hell of customizable. If Nexon sticks to the schedule, we should hear about major changes to Fatigue in... two months? Oh boy, I can hardly wait.

For those of you who were asking for a challenge

quote:

The Hero's Challenge

Event Period: February 11th - 25th

Only true Heroes will take on this challenge! Gear up Mercenary to collect the [Hero's Box] from Royal Raids and Special Dungeons of Vindictus! For only two weeks, battle to earn the [Hero's Box], a box containing all the necessary items to enhance the perfect Mercenary, as a reward! Never miss this chance!

Event Details

Per-character Event.
Complete Royal Army Raids and Special Dungeons during the event to get the [Hero's Box].
There are a limited number of event items you can earn (2 per day, 14 per week).

[How to Get the Hero's Box]

Complete Royal Army battles during the event to get [Hero's Box] x1.
You can get up to 28 from Royal Army Raids during the 2-week event.
Complete Special Dungeon battles during the event to get [Hero's Box] x1.
You can get up to 28 from Special Dungeons during the 2-week event.
You can get up to 56 [Hero's Box] items during the event.
Hero's Boxes can be used until 1 week after the event ends. (Expires: March 3rd, 7 A.M. UTC.)

[Battles That Give the Items]

Royal Army

Characters Lv. 30 or above can participate.
Complete the following battles during the event to get the event item:
[Royal Army] Gates of Hell
[Royal Army] The Dark, Dank Sewers
[Royal Army] The Giant

Special Dungeon

Characters Lv. 100 or above can participate.
Complete the following battles during the event to get the event item:
[S] Avatar of Destruction
[S] Memory of the Past
[S] Colru the Golem
[S] God of Death
Run Special Raids and 12-man raids and get boxes. Every box gives a Seal of Bravery. Each box can also give a mysterious or abyssal shard, a 100 BR elixir for enchanting, Damascus Steel, Paradise Stones for enhancing, godly mats, fatigue potions, graces, or merc pots.

12-man raids are good to run in general, so this is a nice bonus on top of the usual rewards. Special dungeons are almost never rewarding and I don't think this changes that. Still, it's a nice consolation prize for when you burn 20% fatigue and get nothing (or worse, a Fresh ES).

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 12, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

We finally got an official statement on fatigue.

quote:

Update Regarding the Fatigue System

Greetings Mercenaries,

First of all, we’d like to apologize if you’ve experienced any inconvenience caused by the sudden addition of the new Fatigue System.

As mentioned previously in our notice, the Fatigue System has been implemented to act as an essential element in the various contents to be developed in the future to provide our Mercenaries with higher quality contents, also to act as a countermeasure to sanction any illegal activity, such as reckless mining, within the service. With regard to this, we will share with you the contents-to-be-developed as soon as they are ready.

Furthermore, the Vindictus Team is continuously exploring various ways to reduce the inconvenience our Mercenaries are experiencing since the Fatigue System update.

As one of them, we’ve decided to provide our Mercenaries with FREE Fatigue Recovery Potions only for a limited time, as below:

[FREE Fatigue Recovery Potions: 2-Weeks Limited]

Item: x10 Ceara's Special Fatigue Recovery Potions (Bind)
Supply Period: After 2/17 (Mon.)’s Weekly Maintenance – Before 3/2 (Mon.)’s Weekly Maintenance

[How-to-Receive Them]
In-game > Cash Shop > Event Item > Purchase x10 of [Caera’s Special Fatigue Recovery Potion] for 0 NX!
Note: You can only purchase it once per character.

Additionally, in the next update, we are reviewing to bring additional events that will allow Fatigue Recovery Potions to be obtained naturally during battles, and we will inform you of the confirmed contents through a notice in the future.

We will always do our best to bring and provide the best service to our Mercenaries.

Thank you always for your love and support.

- The Vindictus Team
Short version: Fatigue isn't going away, here's ten free fatigue potions for each of your characters. They don't expire so I'm going to assume everybody will grab them and hoard them because oops, a temporary solution to a permanent problem is no solution at all. Frankly, I don't know why they bothered saying anything considering everybody collectively forgot about fatigue once they saw the new bunny babe outfit from KR.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There's no need for new outfitters if we can recycle old sets?!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h46FaVtxedk

Season 4 Prologue is coming on February 25th and with it is the Aodhan raid. People on the official Discord have been asking why he has to die and apparently Aodhan is mad because we're teaming up with the fomors (who killed his family, if you'll recall) to fight Macha and Balor and he refuses to simply sit this one out. People on the official Discord have also said he's really just an Astera raid disguised as an S4 raid so I doubt he'll drop anything special.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJt66y0TBw

An update arrived just the other day

quote:

Season 4: Prologue Story - Dawn of a New Era

After Rocheste's declaration, many forces joined the Rocheste Army to fight back against the Pontiff's Court. But the Crimson Blades were not among them.

Aodhan, Captain of the Crimson Blades, chose to remain on the edges of the conflict. Marrec returned to the Crimson Blades with a letter from the Rocheste Army to persuade Aodhan.

New Raid: Remembrance

Aodhan, lost in his sorrow and anger, now stands in the way of the heroes. A new era is coming. They urge him to let go of the past. But who could hope to so easily soothe the agonies of his heart?

Aodhan could no longer keep his pain buried. On that day, he sacrificed his humanity at the monument and raised his sword against the heroes. The rain and lightning poured down as Aodhan's rage poured forth.
Previously on Vindictus: We figured out that Macha has been responsible for literally every bad thing, ever. Women, am I right? Humans and Fomors are teaming up to fight Balor and Macha and save the world from destruction, but Aodhan won't help because he's still sore about the time Fomors killed his wife and daughters. Some people hold grudges over the weirdest things.

quote:

The new boss this time is Aodhan, a familiar face to the heroes. Aodhan lived for revenge against the Fomors after they took the lives of his family in the past. His hatred for the Fomors did not fade, even after learning of the Pontiff's Court engineering the war. He understands the need for peace with the Fomors in the new era, but still cannot relinquish his hate and travels down a dark path.

The stage for your showdown with Aodhan is the monument plaza where those who perished in the war with the Fomors are memorialized. You will battle in the pouring rain, lightning crashing overhead, all seemingly part of Aodhan’s fury. Aodhan strengthened himself with the Bloody Shade, given to him by a dark conspirator. Unlike others that have used the herb, he retains his reason as he attacks. Stronger than he ever was before, Aodhan threatens the heroes with expert skills honed from decades on the battlefield.

The lightning striking from the sky empowers Aodhan's battle skills. He uses this power to attack with powerful skills. Cooperation is the only way to survive Aodhan's attacks. Leave him an opening, and he will take it.

Further into the battle, Aodhan uses a skill that gathers power and unleashes it. The Bloody Shade grants him the power to make consecutive strikes. The heroes must find a way to keep Aodhan in check and prevent him from gathering power.

You started your journey in Vindictus with Aodhan. Now you face him in battle.
Time to kill our boss. That description of Aodhan's fighting style plays him up a lot but he's basically a Lann with piss-poor stamina mangement. Aside from the bit where Aodhan can absorb lightning. That kind of makes him different. Like, it's definitely the thing that makes him way more dangerous than your typical Lann.

Turns out Aodhan drops something special: A new enchant scroll. "Meaningful" is what they're called and they're for accessories. +200 to ATT and M.ATT, +1 to SPD and +3 to crit resist. Not great, but there aren't many options for accessory enchants, and the typical enchant loadout will tank your crit resist so it's good to have.

Also, I'm pretty sure we started our journey in Vindictus with Gallagher telling us to get it together, rookie. The game wants us to view Aodhan as a father figure but he didn't spend much time with us. So, exactly like a father figure to many people who grow up to lead lives of violence.

The sweet release of death event

quote:

Aodhan's Raid Release Celebration Event
There are three separate events in here, so pay attention.

quote:

1. 'In Aodhan's Remembrance' Event

Event Period: Feburary 25th - March 10th

As all of you already read the story of the prologue to Season 4, Remembrance, Aodhan has raised his sword against the heroes. Stop Aodhan from his anger and fury strengthened by the Bloody Shade and protect those you love. You started this journey with Aodhan, now an inevitable battle has begun.
For the event period, you can beat Aodhan twice per day. Also, beating him at least once gets you a unique emblem.

quote:

2. 2x Warm Welcome Ticket Event

Event Period: February 25th - March 10th

In celebrating the release of a new raid and to support your departures for battle, the Strange Traveler wants to give you twice as much [Warm Welcome Tickets] for the duration of the event! Take the ticket received to the Strange Traveler to receive twice as much support!
Every day, get two Warm Welcome Tickets instead of one. That's twice the kitty potions! Remember that the boxes can be stockpiled. You can also buy the other boxes twice over, for what that's worth.

quote:

3. 'No Fear, the Epaulet Is Here' Event

Event Period: February 25th - March 24th
Another epaulet event. I think this one works the same way as the New Year's Epaulet, which is good because that one expired a week or two ago. Or not, because we need to bust our asses to enhance this one all over again. Same as before, you get the special enhance stones by completing battles near your level. For people at the level cap, that's Dullahan or higher.

A Raving Lune

quote:

'To Promise the Moon' Event

Event Details

Per-character Event

Complete raid battles with a character Lv.90+ and collect the [Moonlight Fragment].
Expires 3/24 7AM UTC.

According to how complete the moon is, receive rewards per stage!

List of Battles that Give [Moonlight Fragment]

Lv. 90+ Raid Battles
Excludes Ein Lacher, Redeemers, Special Dungeons, etc.
It's another feed-a-friend event and this one's real stupid. Your friend is the moon. Run S3 raids to get moon fragments and put them into the moon to make it more moon and get rewards. The rewards are all extremely good but I don't see anything unique, like a title or emblem or outfit. They're just very useful, which is fine.

More fatigue potions! I'm fatigued from all of these fatigue events!

quote:

Fatigue Potion Prize Wheel Event
You get a spin ticket every day upon login, and you can buy three more each day from the Warm Welcome Shop. Then you use them to spin for fatigue potions. That's it. It's not complicated.

And the rest

quote:

v.2.61 Updates
- The voice feature revamp is in but it's underwhelming
- Some minor bug fixes, mostly for cosmetic things that only whales care about
- The stored AP limit has been removed, so go ahead and eat all of those AP capsules you've got stowed away

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp5sMSsfN4Q

It's yet another future raid. Nyle and the Silent Brotherhood are mad because we're heretics, which sounds like a case of Horseshoe Theory in action. Now, in a sort-of parallel to fighting Brilliant Lugh as the ultimate Paladin, we have to fight Nyle as the ultimate Dark Knight. People have speculated that this battle could open up third transformation but people speculate a lot of things. The raid comes with a hefty chonkin' pile of updates, bugfixes, and boss tweaks that all look really good because they make annoying bosses less annoying, so maybe third transformation info is buried in those notes.

Hurk solo vid (boss fight starts around 1:40):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VS0jasRzHw

Just the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuipMfOUTU

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 4, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aHQnDTd1y4

Maintenance was done last night and now we have two more events.

Nexon becomes a progressive force by implementing a green new deal

quote:

St. Patrick's Day Festival Event

Event Period: March 10th – 24th
Exchange Shop Period: March 10th 31st

St. Patrick’s Day is back and not even current events are going to stop us from celebrating the annual Irish festive spirit! Celebrate the event with us by getting on the green spirit and receive rewards!
Do your daily missions and get three clovers. Do all of your guild missions and get two clovers. Trade clovers for things. Eighteen clovers will get you some kind of golden rabbit outfit (nine for the head and nine for the body). Twelve clovers will get you a premium armor fusion rune (one per character). Six clovers will get you a new title, Fond of Festivals. Six clovers will also get you a dye ampoule. Finally, three coupons for a grace and one for a Clover Juice. The clover juice is alright; it's a merc pot that restores 50 SP in addition to 2000 HP.

I mentioned way up there that you can get two clovers by completing all guild missions in one day. For gently caress's sake, don't do this. They haven't revised the missions to account for the Fatigue system so you'll burn well over a hundred fatigue points to do it. It's also tedious as poo poo. You really don't need to do it.

Hot Time again

quote:

Spring Celebration Weekend Hot Time

Event Period: March 10th – April 7th

Weekend Hot Time is back with Spring! Celebrate the warm Spring Season with the Hot Time boost during the weekends from us! Check the schedule below and receive the lift!

Schedule

Saturdays: Core +1, 2x AP
Sundays: Additional Departure +1, 2x EXP
Extra cores and AP when fighting on Saturdays, extra raids and exp when fighting on Sundays. Simple.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
came back on a whim cause i have too much free time now and now im a billionaire

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Any ETA on punch wizard?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Any ETA on punch wizard?
I still haven't heard anybody say anything more specific than "summer." Which is kind of close? Closer than it was yesterday.

I should probably note that tomorrow is the last day to buy fatigue spin tickets. If you don't use what you have stockpiled, they'll become worthless on Tuesday.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 23, 2020

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPSu0vaNWA

It's update day and the notes are extensive. Take your protein pills and put your Rupacitus Hat on because this is going to take a while.

Ch-ch-ch-updates

quote:

v.2.62 Updates

1. Friendship System Contents 2nd Update

Do you remember the merc lounge? Have you been doing the merc lounge content religiously? You fool, the whole point of Vindictus's plot is that religion is bad. Nevertheless, your devotion is being rewarded: You can now reach level 2 friendship with mercs. What's the advantage of reaching level 2? Mercs will fight better in merc missions. You know, those merc missions you're probably capable of finishing with level 1 friends :shrug:

quote:

2. Character Balance Adjustment
A bunch of characters got buffed. Lots of detailed notes here so I'll give a summary:
  • Evie is substantially faster and more powerful in general, and a bunch of her bugs got fixed
  • Sylas is substantially more powerful, but they nerfed Soul Drain so there's a cap on how much HP you can steal
  • Spellsword Arisha is somewhat more powerful because her arcane flurry costs less MP
  • Greatsword Hurk and Teide Hurk are slightly stronger
  • Kai is somewhat stronger when using ranged attacks in close range
  • Spear Lann's Blood Pact got nerfed a bit
  • Vella's ults last longer and Chain Vella's ult does more damage

quote:

3. Battle Balance Changes
A bunch of S3 battles have been made easier. Basically, everything level 90 (Ben Chenner, Lochlann, and Downtown Berbhe) is easier. The early S3 raids haven't been turned into normal battles yet, though; that probably won't happen until S4 properly arrives. However, one of the best titles in the game, Equal Opportunist, is no longer obtainable despite the fact that Braha is still a raid and you could have earned the title if you got your party members to go easy on the DPS.

In addition to that business, all raids from Dullahan on up to Marject have been "adjusted." Usually that means they've been made easier but they're already pretty darn easy if you have at least one whale in your party. Which is most of the time because the whales are all that are left.

quote:

4. Marketplace Improvement
The marketplace interface got a ton of improvements that should have been there last time they overhauled it. Ordering by price, level, or quantity actually works now. Using crafting search for Astera gear works now.

quote:

5. UI Improvements
They changed the Quick Battle window. It looks different now. It's also easier to change the parameters of your search.

quote:

6. Other Changes
Start screens are off of reruns and now there's a new one for spring. It has Riordan in it. It's okay, Riordan's on our side now. And Colhen's trees are pink for spring. They also fixed a bunch of bugs.

There are a bunch of changes in the merc friendship mission here, despite the fact it would have made more sense to put it in section 1 with the other friendship stuff. Mercs now give you little gifts when you do missions with them. Sometimes. They also lowered the difficulties for all of the missions so now the in-battle benefits from strong friendships are even less necessary. The boss in Colhen Night Mission spawns even sooner, so you can get that over with more quickly. In Infiltration and Sheep Saving, enemies don't respawn immediately, so crowd control is a ton easier. Equipment Upgrading is easier because your buddy is less likely to completely clown on your Ferghus-sized rear end. Finally, possibly the best change of all: Closeness never decreases. If you ever decide you're sick and tired of grinding closeness by chitchatting to mercs fifty to sixty times, you can just take a week off and they won't complain. Well, they will complain, but there won't be any mechanical consequences for it.

We can be heroes, just once per day

quote:

Go Forth on Missions With Mercs Event
Go to the inn and talk to the Traveler Cat, then do merc missions. Earn two friendship seals by either finishing one mission or failing two missions, then talk to the Cat again for a box containing a merc gift of your choice. Which is fine if you were going to do a merc mission or give a merc a gift anyway, since it saves you the 35k gold. Otherwise I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

The Temporal Box returns

quote:

Temporal Box Event Rerun

Event Period: March 24th - April 21st

The Temporal Box Event is back! Like before, we're throwing out prizes but this time for every 30 minutes! Every half hour, up to five times per day, you'll be given a Temporal Box containing a random item while you're in Vindictus! Check out the details below and never miss out on this event!
Stay logged in and get boxes. The boxes contain very useful things. You can get godly mats, element stone mats, blessing stones, and even VVIP capsules. Not bad considering they don't require work to get.

The April Fool's event is here in a most peculiar way

quote:

Strange News Travels & Lying Wood Man

Event Period: March 24th - April 7th
Exchange Shop Period: March 24th - April 14th

The Strange Traveler looks quite...different and seems to have a new job for you! Talk to the Strange Traveler to know more about this "Lying Woon Man" and receive coupons as a reward to exchange them for rewards of your choice!
Run normal battles above level 30 to find the Lying Wood Man once per day. Then, once per day, return to the Cat and get a coupon. Five coupons get you a new title. Seven coupons get you some Groucho glasses. One coupon gets you one of those dumb leaf flutes.

Another wheel event

quote:

Twice as Nice Prize Wheel Event

Event Period: March 24th - April 21st

Just like the title states Mercenaries! The Prize Wheel is now twice as nice! Simply complete all the Daily Missions to earn 2 Spin Tickets every day. Spin the Prize Wheel with your acquired Spin Tickets and win "twice as nice" prizes now!
Do all of your daily missions to get two spin tickets. Every spot on the wheel gives a box that contains fatigue potions and an AP capsule. This is a definite improvement over the previous events that just gave fat pots or AP.

Hot Week, I love you so

quote:

Spring Celebration Hot Week Event!

Event Period: March 24th - April 7th

Days are getting warmer and warmer Mercenaries! Spring is finally here and it's starting to get real hot! With the heat upon us, we've decided to stretch the Hot Time from just the weekends to all throughout the week! Check out the schedule below and celebrate the warm season with us in Vindictus!
It's Hot Time, but better because we get bonuses all the time and not just on weekend. Every day, we get extra departures, double EXP and AP, and double Expertise growth. On weekends we get extra drops from bosses on top of that.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
seems like a whole lot of ways to say we didn't remove fatigue yet

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

seems like a whole lot of ways to say we didn't remove fatigue yet
We got rid of silver tokens, we can get rid of fatigue. Just be patient and don't give money to Nexon unless you're completely broke and desperate.

Some more juicy stuff got posted in #future_updates on the official Discord. Milo gets a new portrait for Season 4 because he's the new king of whatever country we're in:

They call him the king but he looks like he's turning into Baron Harkonnen.

In addition to this horrifying turn of events, something else is making a comeback: A solo mode for raids. Every raid from Dullahan on up will get a version where the boss's health is scaled way down to make it easy for normal players to beat the boss by themselves within a sensible length of time. The downside is that you won't get as many cores. At first I thought that's okay because this (I hope) lets you avoid QB runs where some whales cheat you out of your drops by vaporizing the boss in a few minutes. Then I remembered that soloing raid bosses is lame as hell. It's not fun. Fun is teaming up with people. The real loot... is the friends you make along the way :love:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 2, 2020

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

We got rid of silver tokens, we can get rid of fatigue. Just be patient and don't give money to Nexon unless you're completely broke and desperate.

Some more juicy stuff got posted in #future_updates on the official Discord. Milo gets a new portrait for Season 4 because he's the new king of whatever country we're in:

They call him the king but he looks like he's turning into Baron Harkonnen.

In addition to this horrifying turn of events, something else is making a comeback: A solo mode for raids. Every raid from Dullahan on up will get a version where the boss's health is scaled way down to make it easy for normal players to beat the boss by themselves within a sensible length of time. The downside is that you won't get as many cores. At first I thought that's okay because this (I hope) lets you avoid QB runs where some whales cheat you out of your drops by vaporizing the boss in a few minutes. Then I remembered that soloing raid bosses is lame as hell. It's not fun. Fun is teaming up with people. The real loot... is the friends you make along the way :love:

How could they do this to me.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Milo is coming back... And that's what he looks like?
Eugghhh

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I have to give it to NX for selling a $70 "battle pass" in these trying times...think of the F2P devs :colbert:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

I have to give it to NX for selling a $70 "battle pass" in these trying times...think of the F2P devs :colbert:
I didn't mention it in my effortpost because I thought one had to pay for the Hero's Pass to get anything from it, but the next day I discovered that you can get an extremely limited set of crappy rewards from the thing even if you spend no money. I was going to correct myself here but then I decided I'm too tired. Just going to wait until S4E1 comes out. Or Lethor. Whichever is first.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbGEuNi2SKs

Maintenance happened and now we have events for Easter.

I've heard of nest eggs but this is ridiculous

quote:

Egg Inside an Egg Event

Event Period: April 7th - 21st
Exchange Shop Period: April 7th - 28th

The annual Easter Sunday commemoration is coming around the corner and to celebrate the event in Vindictus, we've prepared fun Easter Egg hunting and gifts accordingly! Collect Easter Eggs and Coupons for Easter gifts and don't forget to log into Vindictus on Easter Sunday, April 12th, for unlimited revivals! Happy Easter!
Run battles near your level to get up to five eggs per day. Open the eggs to get prizes and a coupon. Exchange coupons for yet more prizes. The list of prizes includes a title (10 coupons), an emblem (15 coupons), an item restoration scroll (30 coupons, one per character), a 2000 AP capsule (15 coupons, one per character), Damascus Steel (5 coupons, five per character), and fatigue potions. The eggs themselves also contain a wide variety of useful things, from crafting/upgrading mats to runes and even essence boxes.

Finally, unlimited grace time on Easter Sunday. You can guess why.

You say Adios and I say Hello

quote:

Adios & Hello Raid Event

Event Period: April 7th - 21st
Exchange Shop Period: April 7th - 28th

Here's an event for all the 90 and above bravely battling through the Raids! For a period of two weeks only, Coupons to the "Raid Event Exchange Shop" will be available upon completing Season 3 Raids listed below! Collect Coupons and win a reward of your choice from [Additional Unbinding Coupon Boxes] to [Mysterious Shard Boxes]! Enjoy!
Run any S3 raid (or Aodhan, because he's basically an Astera raid) and get coupons. Exchange the coupons for things. Prizes include Mysterious/Abyssal Shard boxes that randomly give 1-3 Grade 1 or 2 shards (12 coupons, one per character each), a box that gives a random legendary ore (8 coupons, one per character), a box that gives a random Astera weapon or armor essence (6 coupons, one per character), Damascus Steel (3 coupons, ten per character), and graces. Tadders warned me that you can only get 30 coupons per week, for a total of 60 coupons. You can't get everything from the shop, so you'll need to make choices. Note that everything you get from a random box will bind to you; that ought to narrow your choices somewhat.

This event's looking a bit harsh. Lots of fighting and raiding to get anything, but there's a lot that's worth getting. Especially the Damascus Steel, which is hard to come by most of the time and is sorely needed to empower your equipment enough to join endgame raids.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

still a lot of words for fatigue potions being still in the game

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

still a lot of words for fatigue potions being still in the game
If you play the game but don't buy NX and discourage people from buying NX, you're doing more financial damage to Nexon than if you simply refuse to play. Also, Tadders is getting his friends to play the game too, so we're actually more active than we have been in a long time.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

If you play the game but don't buy NX and discourage people from buying NX, you're doing more financial damage to Nexon than if you simply refuse to play. Also, Tadders is getting his friends to play the game too, so we're actually more active than we have been in a long time.

i sign on and do my maintenance stuff, should prolly get around to making an astera +14 too but :effort:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i sign on and do my maintenance stuff, should prolly get around to making an astera +14 too but :effort:
They're going to make reforging Astera a lot cheaper in the near future so you should stock up on steel now, if you can bring yourself to play that much.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

They're going to make reforging Astera a lot cheaper in the near future so you should stock up on steel now, if you can bring yourself to play that much.

I am sitting on a cool 2b, but yeah prolly a good idea. I have a +11 astera pd

i also need to stop playing league of bad game before it rots my soul

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L562UQkA8eA

Turns out the people who kept telling me that Season 4 Episode 1 is coming out this week were right all along. First real boss of the season is Cesar. They're bringing battles where you have to fight normal mobs and then the boss back on the forefront, so have fun mindlessly beating the poo poo out of some dudes before you get to the important bits. (I thought we all figured out years ago that we just want to get in, fight bosses, and get on with our lives, but if Fatigue is any indication our opinions don't matter. At least they're not bringing back S2-style mega-dungeons, I guess? :shrug:). Cesar is also special because he's the first boss to have the new Toughness mechanic: In addition to health, he has a blue bar that indicates that he's immune to hold skills. You have to beat on him for a while to break that Toughness and make him vulnerable, and hitting with a hold skill resets the bar. Karok's Clash and Kai's "hop on the dude's back and shoot him in the head execution-style" move still work regardless of how Tough the boss is. I don't know if there are any other exceptions. I assume that Chain Vella's Frostbite works for getting flinches regardless of Toughness. I hope it does.

So far, nothing else has been announced. No idea if we're getting free +12 Dullahan sets or cheaper Astera gear reforging. Would be nice to have those after events that give us lots of Damascus Steel.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2IPF4XngRs

We've got a big update today.

We come to farm this guy, not to praise him

quote:

Season 4: Episode 1 - Cesar
Battle of Rocheste: His Divine Armor Cesar

The new Lv. 105 raid, "Battle of Rocheste," is set in Rocheste that is under an unexpected attack by the kingdom's royal guards.
The goal is to defend against enemy attacks on the chaotic battleground and to defeat the enemy's leader in Fort Cessair.

Their leader is His Divine Armor Cesar, who has both power and technique.
His Divine Armor is the elite royal guard, which Kean was a part of in the past.
King Milo is sending his elite meatshields to kill us. Now we have to break the siege on Rocheste by defeating their leader. It's Cesar, by the way.

quote:

Cesar has been enhanced by Enok, freely wielding the one-armed cannon which an ordinary human can't handle.

However, before you dive into the heat of the battle against Cesar, there will be something that catches your attention.
It is a blue gauge with a shield symbol, which displays the boss's tenacity.

Starting in Season 4, powerful bosses will get a certain amount of tenacity.
As long as there is any tenacity left, the boss will have resistance against suppression skills.
Suppression skills here refer to active skills that inflict a long stun to the boss.
Examples would be Lann's Comet Dash or Fiona's Blooming Violet.

However, not all skills that inflict a long stun to the boss fall under this category.
Since skills like Karok's Clash or Vella's Frostbite (used while Heart of Ice is applied) have separate conditions, they can be used regardless of the enemy's tenacity.

The boss's tenacity gradually decreases as you deal damage.
When tenacity runs out, the boss becomes momentarily stunned.

They can now be suppressed using a suppression skill, but their tenacity will be restored to maximum upon landing said suppression skill.

Depending on the situation however, a boss can restore tenacity on their own.

This tenacity system was developed to maintain the tension in boss fights and also have the flow of the battle move according to the development team's intentions.
Okay, so it's called Tenacity, not Toughness. Also, I'm surprised enhanced Frostbite works on Cesar regardless of his Tenacity since it's a fairly potent hold. Guess this means Chain Vellas will be valued now. Right? Right?

I'm not a huge fan of the devs trying to force battles to have stuff like scripted sequences. They can be interesting but they're usually just frustrating and they get tedious when you run the same raids every day for months or years. Also, it's pretty satisfying when a capable party successfully coordinates their hold skills to cheese annoying bosses. But I totally get that the devs don't want bosses to be pathetic loser idiots. The difference between a uninteresting boss and a boss who's legitimately threatening often comes down to how well they can control the flow of battle and Tenacity is a way to help bosses do that without having mystery immunity to hold skills.

quote:

Cesar freely wields a mace, making himself a threat in melee combat.
Don't let your guard down even if you put some distance between him and you in an attempt to avoid his attacks.
Cesar's one-armed cannon will be looking for an opening to attack.

As the battle becomes more dire, Cesar will begin using Sticky Bombs.
When Sticky Bombs are launched, you must closely watch Cesar's movements so that they don't stick to you.
The wisest way would be moving to a safe area outside of the threat of Sticky Bombs.
Even if a Sticky Bomb is stuck on you, you can escape the danger by carefully calculating its detonation time and using dodge or guard.

Cesar enhances himself and performs fierce attacks once you get to the middle of the battle.
At this time, a flamethrower is activated in the battlefield to help Cesar. If you are hit, you will be burned. Please keep this in mind.
So this guy's kind of a jerk. It's not safe to be near him, it's not safe to be far from him, and eventually it's just not safe to be. I'm kind of curious to know how dangerous the stickies and the spinny laser turret will be. Those are the sorts of things that tend to really complicate fights because they necessarily mean having to divert your attention from your enemy.

Et two point six three, Brute? Wait, poo poo I used that joke already I should have saved it for this oh no

quote:

1. v.2.63 Updates
Changes have been made. The free level 90 gear now comes with max stats. That's good for newbies. What's not good is that level 95 and 100 components now drop as "mid-range items," which means you now have to pay through the nose to upgrade them via Material Synthesis. Not so good for newbies who want to make the jump to Astera.

A bunch of Astera raids got their Counterforce requirements turned down. Some got reductions of 5-15 points. Some got only 1-2 point reductions. From the look of things, the devs wanted all CF requirements to be multiples of 5, which is probably the only reason a few of these raids got any reductions at all.

Finally, a couple of weekly missions got tweaked. One mission to use 20 transformations now gives a reward worth having. Before, it gave a 60-80 power infusion stone which was, frankly, not worth it. Now it gives an intermediate stone, which can actually be used on endgame gear. But just one stone isn't worth much so welp :shrug: The other change is that the easy missions to buy secret boxes now gives element stone catalysts instead of blessed magic elixir. Guess I need to be careful with my Brynns now that I have to craft my elixirs again.

quote:

2. Lv. 105 and Above (New Lv. 105 Items)
Level 105 is here and there's new equipment: Milletian. The recipes are unlocked by beating Cesar and he predictably drops the essences and "Succession Shards" needed to craft the gear. However, there's a problem: All of these components drop with minimum stats. And there's a new tier of upgrade material needed to perform Material Synthesis on them. So, for months, players have known that making Milletian gear that's on par with what they have now will cost at least a half billion gold. It's, uh, not good. What is good is that you don't need to worry too much about Milletian. Astera is perfectly fine for now. Even highly-enhanced and upgraded Dullahan gear is serviceable. Stick to that and you'll be just fine.

quote:

3. Season 4 NPC Crafting and Expertise Revamp
Astera gear is finally cheaper to reforge. Accessories are also substantially cheaper to enhance. Performing Material Synthesis on level 95 and 100 components is substantially cheaper. This is it. This is the good poo poo right here. Not as good: Shields can no longer be enhanced. This is to make them more like other off-hand items like Foci and Spellbooks.

quote:

4. New Material Dungeon: Bathed in Red
I mentioned above that there's a new tier of materials above Godly mats. They're called New Era. This new dungeon, which is literally just Ship Graveyard with red lighting, is designed for farming those mats. Two wins per days, 28% fatigue per run. Yikes. To add to the Pay2win aspect of it, having a fancy gacha pet or comrade gives you an extra drop per run. On the plus side, if you stick to Dullahan or Astera gear, you don't really need those mats for your own use.

quote:

6. Drop Item Revamp
Purple essences and shards and chunks are gone now. S3 raids from Regina to Abom now drop shards in addition to essences. However, they no longer drop decent enchants or Damascus Steel. To complement this, normal level 90 battles no longer drop shards. They also don't drop B-grade awakening stones. In parallel to this, level 95 raids (Dullahan, Aes Sidhe, Arcana, Rupacitus) all drop chunks and level 95 normal battles (Donegal, Aidan Fortress) do not drop chunks.

The Warm Welcome shop has been changed. The old secret boxes have been replaced with new secret boxes that give better drops for the same price. The old kitty tickets can be turned into the new kitty tickets at a rate of 2->1.

The Aes Sidhe Essence is now in the Seal Shop. Finally. Of course, if you played during the egg event you're probably half-swamped with those Dullahan/Aes Sidhe essence choice boxes anyway, but whatever. Speaking of the Seal Shop: A bunch of materials are roughly 20% cheaper. Damascus Steel is not cheaper and neither are the runes so it's mostly for newbies who want to reforge level 95 gear.

Finally, the new free Dullahan sets are here. The two old quests, Looming Conflict and Unified Front, got replaced with four quests that give the Dullahan gear, stones and runes to cheaply enhance the gear to +12/+13, +15 Eochaid Earrings and Abomination Belt, and... I don't know what the last quest gives. You have to re-do the Eochaid/Abom quest even if the accessories you have are better. Or if you've already done Looming Conflict. So I don't know if you get +15 rings. Good job devs.

Steel yourselves for this good giveaway event

quote:

Lv. 100 Support On-Time Event

Event Period: April 21st - November 17th

Here's an event you've all been waiting for and it's finally here Mercenaries! For roughly 7 months, we're going to support your battles to Lv.100 with the rare Damascus Steels! Simply be present in Vindictus on time each day for 15 minutes to receive a Damascus Steel! Receive up to 4 max after every 15 minutes you're with us! Never miss this chance and spread the word!
Log in and stay logged in to get up to four Damascus Steels per day, tradeable within your account. Four steels doesn't sound like much but the event is going to run for several months so it's going to add up very nicely. There are two catches. The first is that they expire at the end of the event, so you need to use the things instead of hoarding them like a sensible person. The second is that they don't work on Milletian gear, so if you're on top of the game, as it were, gently caress you. Actually, if you're that rich gently caress you anyway, ya gently caress. Someone craft me a level 105 guillotine.

gently caress you Gallagher

quote:

New Era Material Dice Game Event

Event Period: April 21st - May 19th

Enjoy a fun dice game with us and obtain New Era material rewards! Simply complete event battles from the list below and collect dices to play the game board! Receive rewards according to your dice play!
Complete normal pre-Astera S3 battles to get dice. Roll the dice to get boxes containing New Era mats. Not only iron, leather, and cloth, but also New Era enhancement stones and New Era orbs. Christ, now I have to make room in my inventory for all of this junk.

An event to celebrate other events that celebrate other events and so on

quote:

One-Two-Three for the Returned Hero

Exchange Shop Period: April 21st - May 26th

Welcome back Mercenaries! To support our returning Mercenaries, we've organized an event that will help you get back on track as well as win rewards! Check out the event details below and we are glad you're back Hero!
Despite the tone of the writing, you don't need to have been gone for a month to do this. That's fine. There are three quests here. The first requires you to complete the new gear quests. That gets you garbage. The second quest requires you to beat Claire, Elchulus, or Macha, which I guess is easy enough if you do the gear quests. They give coupons that can be exchanged for more Astera gear components. You can also turn in twelve (12) coupons for a new title. For the third quest, beat Neam four times to get two Damascus Steels. To make things more fun, if you don't already have 100% completion for Neam, you get a big honkin' buff to your stats while in the battle.

This departure event is no departure from the norm

quote:

Additional Departure Support Event
For the next two weeks, you can have one more win against Caesar and two more wins in the Red Ship Graveyard. Have fun paying the astonishingly high Fatigue costs.

No, seriously: gently caress you Gallagher

quote:

Gallagher Will Restore Your Fatigue!

Gallagher loves Rock, Paper, and Scissors, and wants to challenge you to a game of it again! This time, he has offered to restore your Fatigue points as well if you play with him, so make sure to collect those tickets daily and go to Gallagher to receive your daily Fatigue potions to stay hydrated! Enjoy!
Play RPS with Gallagher and get Fatigue potions. You get two tickets in the mail for free each day and can buy five more from the Traveler's Shop for 50k each. Win a game and you get three fat pots. A draw gets you two. A loss gets you one. Losing five times in a row in one day gets you a unique title that can be sold on the marketplace.

A very special check-in event

quote:

Gremlin's Checkered Flag Check-In!
Log in every day for thirty minutes and press the check-in button to get credit for being alive. The more times you check in, the more rewards you unlock. Rewards include crafting mats, AP capsules, fatigue potions, dye ampoules, VVIP, runes, permanent hair and inner armor coupons, two pets (including a succubus pet), a primal red flame weapon box, and a free outfit box. Sounds great, but drat, look at that calendar. 112 days to get that outfit. Thankfully, you can earn tickets that allow you to miss a few check-ins. You can also buy the tickets but come on.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think the saddest part is how I can't hoard the steels like why? There's no way I can afford to reforge using all 250 and maybe I want to upgrade my alts too :colbert:

edit: I'm not sure how I feel about the mercs stalking me as I login now or visit other stores ...

Alder fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 22, 2020

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Log in and stay logged in to get up to four Damascus Steels per day, tradeable within your account. Four steels doesn't sound like much but the event is going to run for several months so it's going to add up very nicely. There are two catches. The first is that they expire at the end of the event, so you need to use the things instead of hoarding them like a sensible person. The second is that they don't work on Milletian gear, so if you're on top of the game, as it were, gently caress you. Actually, if you're that rich gently caress you anyway, ya gently caress. Someone craft me a level 105 guillotine.

*swimming in mountain of gold, scrooge mcduck style* rude

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Addenda and errata:

Cesar has a cinematic instakill attack that they don't tell you about and they only barely allude to it. It sucks because it's not really well-telegraphed. On the plus side, I've seen so many people die to it that I don't feel stupid. You also get a title for dying to it. Hooray. On top of that, you can get a title for beating Cesar without getting hit by the incendiary beam.

The Counterforce requirement chart is backwards. They increased CF requirements for all those raids, even though Counterforce is stupid. That's why they have to give away pre-enhanced accessories. And you can't even run several raids with the accessories they give away unless you drink a Kitty Potion on top of that.

It is now considered "a good idea" for people to farm Red Ship Graveyard, even on their lovely alts, because you can sell the New Era mats to rich players. This, in spite of the horrendous Fatigue cost and the fact that Ship Graveyard bosses are pretty high up on the list of bosses everybody hates to fight. But it is a solo dungeon and enemy durability is mostly balanced for it. The downside is that you have to do all of the work yourself.

The title for doing Astera raids isn't for beating Claire, Elchulus, or Macha a total of twelve times. It's for beating each boss twelve times, for a total of thirty-six runs. It's demanding, but at least you're guaranteed to get a couple of Astera mats from the exchange shop along the way. Boy, can you imagine doing thirty-six Astera runs and getting jack poo poo for it? Even with thirty of them being with the benefit of Goddess Guidance, which boosts your drop rate? And knowing that you had to spend all that Fatigue going in, regardless of what you got out of the raid? Ha ha, wow, this would be such a bad game if it did that. Heh.

Rock-Paper-Scissors is rigged in your favor, for certain meanings of "in your favor." If you want fatigue potions, it's rigged in your favor. If you want the title for losing five times in a row, it's set up to spite you. From my own experience, the odds of losing are close to one in ten. But Tadders got the title and sold it for 40 million, so it's definitely possible.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 28, 2020

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I really, really appreciate how incredibly mailed in Bathed in Red is. Like y'all just introduced an obnoxious pay 2 win, added more dumb regearing, and a new boss that requires you to regear to do and you then mail in a new area that isn't even a tile swap, it's literally just a copy+paste with a red filter slapped on and more boss health? AND to boot it's one of the worst season 2 areas you ever made?

Like that's incredible. I actually respect that level of grift.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I really, really appreciate how incredibly mailed in Bathed in Red is. Like y'all just introduced an obnoxious pay 2 win, added more dumb regearing, and a new boss that requires you to regear to do and you then mail in a new area that isn't even a tile swap, it's literally just a copy+paste with a red filter slapped on and more boss health? AND to boot it's one of the worst season 2 areas you ever made?
They're almost certainly going to reuse more S2 dungeons even though they're all bad. People have seen this coming since Crescent Moon Island got turned into the first guild dungeon. I was going to say it's better than never seeing these maps again but early Season 2 really was a cesspit of terrible dungeon design, wasn't it? They already did the best they could by chopping up the big dungeons into normal dungeons. You can't do much more than that without completely changing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

They're almost certainly going to reuse more S2 dungeons even though they're all bad. People have seen this coming since Crescent Moon Island got turned into the first guild dungeon. I was going to say it's better than never seeing these maps again but early Season 2 really was a cesspit of terrible dungeon design, wasn't it? They already did the best they could by chopping up the big dungeons into normal dungeons. You can't do much more than that without completely changing them.

Awful dungeon design and hideous boss fights. Like especially the bees and then the flying gremlins in late season 2. Because all these maps and bosses were designed for the brief dark period of "Jump" and then they just left them in.