Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy on left would be down for freaky business but guy on the right would be better at cuddling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

you wanna be next????

u come at the king,,, u best not miss

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Weedle posted:

what did you guys talk about in there

we talked about how the wii u gamepad would come on at night and shoot eshop ads at you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

holy poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

we talked about how the wii u gamepad would come on at night and shoot eshop ads at you

was it accompanied by miyamoto yelling "BLAO BLAO BLAO"

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i had the wind waker wii u so it played the zelda you got stuff jingle

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

incredible work

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Overbite posted:

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhats up youtube it's ya boy Yoshidude6334 coming at you with the hot Roblox tips and tricks but before I get to that remember to smash that like and subscribe and to hit the bell to be notified when my videos go live! I respond to all comments for the first 10 minutes a video is up and I'm also giving away $50 amazon gift cards to new subscribers!

I want to make it clear that I don't think vtubers are uniquely sad and pathetic as a phenomenon, but the ideal that these sad, pathetic, broken people strive towards or idealize. It's what I mean when I say it's all deeply sad but they especially are. I do not doubt that pretending to be a twelve year old anime for an entire company and enterprise, who will erase you on a whim , all of whom revolve around revealing their panties to you or not really loving you the highest donor for likes and subscribes is the apex of the business. They are ahead of the pack. They are the end.

Also the tiny anime went brrr when she shot the chaingun

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Nothing but the game feed > camera pointed at pets > furry avatar > "controller cam" that's an excuse to show their crotch > human face > waifu

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

precision posted:

Guy on left would be down for freaky business but guy on the right would be better at cuddling

This is the most inaccurate thing anyone has ever said about John Carmack. (on the right)

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

playing wattam

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Katty! posted:

playing wattam

Yeah that's one of the best parts of the game there.

I'm doing a wattam speedrun for charity on Sunday morning and it overlaps with 5am local time so I'm gonna be buying 'nips during cutscenes lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to make it clear that I don't think vtubers are uniquely sad and pathetic as a phenomenon, but the ideal that these sad, pathetic, broken people strive towards or idealize. It's what I mean when I say it's all deeply sad but they especially are. I do not doubt that pretending to be a twelve year old anime for an entire company and enterprise, who will erase you on a whim , all of whom revolve around revealing their panties to you or not really loving you the highest donor for likes and subscribes is the apex of the business. They are ahead of the pack. They are the end.

Also the tiny anime went brrr when she shot the chaingun

you may not know this but something awful actually INVENTED lets plays

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

When I was like 9 I had a neighbor who's parents didn't let him come over when my mom wasn't home and he would watch me play video games through the basement window

I would prop the box up on the TV so he could see what I was playing literally exactly the way twitch shows box art

You all owe me royalties for my idea of playing a video game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the first let's play was of senet, recorded in hieroglyphs circa 2400 BC

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

We are the alpha, they are the omega

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

technically i did since my brother used to watch me play rpgs when he was too young to get them

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Gonna start a series of "let's appreciate" videos where I film myself walking through am art museum making bad jokes and then get indignant when the artists who actually made the content in my videos want the money from my ads

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

i don't think any actually good board game that is worth playing crosses that line (into the territory referred as The FATAL Zone) though, almost by definition because no one wants to play a game that is that hard to actually manage that a person can't conceivably do it. the good thing about board games is that its impossible to hide mechanics from the player (unless there is a mechanic that hides mechanics, like in a legacy game or etc) so its possible to completely internalize and become one with a game. that's something only the very best video games are capable of, but its true of nearly all board games

even something like kingdom death monster (or to a lesser extent gloomhaven) which is all about being constantly surprised and overwhelmed by the choices you are having to make, works within a framework that's easy to internalize

i think the only exception to this is the 55+ year old dad crew who likes playing those war games with rule books which come in binders and have like 5000 cardboard punch-out pieces

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

having your brother watch you play: fine, normal

giving your brother a second controller for a single player game and convincing him hes playing: this is standard but advanced tier still

convincing your brother he is playing the tv show you want to watch so he doesnt turn it off to play sonic: god ascending tier

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of somewhat complicated board games i just realized that yakuza got me into mahjong and i've now probably played more mahjong than yakuza

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[slamming the table] mahjong is a card game!!!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

[slamming the table] mahjong is a card game!!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
please dont bang the table, you just knocked over the tile walls

May 8, 2006

*matching the symbols on the tiles easily, clearing the stack* don't know why everyone likes this game so much, it's kinda dull

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I was the youngest so I was always stuck watching my two older brothers play River City Ransom.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

There was a really hilarious take I saw once about how nerds are embarrassing for knowing "the massive list of rules for thousands of magic cards but not how to play bridge" that really made me want to make a game that uses a standard deck of 52 to play one of those games that's so complex no one actually wants to play it

May 8, 2006

maybe bridge should try putting dragons and semi-naked ladies on the cards then

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

There was a really hilarious take I saw once about how nerds are embarrassing for knowing "the massive list of rules for thousands of magic cards but not how to play bridge" that really made me want to make a game that uses a standard deck of 52 to play one of those games that's so complex no one actually wants to play it

those already exist, but there's usually alcohol involved at least

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

maybe bridge should try putting dragons and semi-naked ladies on the cards then

you can almost certainly get a playing card deck with dragons and semi-naked ladies.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I have no internet until tomorrow

I think my options tonight are the three switch games I own, reading more fan fiction, watching twitch on my phone, or finding some long lost offline game I might have on my pc

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

You
loving
What
https://twitter.com/claricedisc/status/1256077522472595457?s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SeXReX posted:

go the other way and play magic solitaire

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

sakurazuka and corn in the bible are dragging dark souls 3 for being ashy grey everywhere
come back crowfeathers

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Stux posted:

shocked to see this and then go and look and its xcom 2 and rise of industry

So far every single Humble Monthly/Choice has been the worst one yet according to someone.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of Let's Plays.... I have been watching a stream of FF8 Remaster and it took them three hours before figuring out junctioning magic to stats.

...have I been clouded by nostalgia? Is this system really unintuitive and overly complex?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

homeless snail posted:

go the other way and play magic solitaire

There was a gamejam a few years ago where the theme was to come up with a tabletop game that used something other than dice or coins for random elements and I just wrote rules for how to use a deck of random MTG monster cards as dice, easiest gamejam ever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakura Wars has a Koi Koi mini game and I wish that my time Yazuka and that one Tales game that did Koi Koi but with Tales characters meant I could actually play it properly now but sadly it does not.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SeXReX posted:

There was a gamejam a few years ago where the theme was to come up with a tabletop game that used something other than dice or coins for random elements and I just wrote rules for how to use a deck of random MTG monster cards as dice, easiest gamejam ever

This except with a spinner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7dcSr04G8s&t=14s

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Whaaaaaaaaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

spinners were pretty popular yeah

it wouldn't fit the rules of that jam but now I want to see one that uses a boggle setup, thats a stupidly large number of possible outcomes for a roll