Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Heil, pritzker :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

FAKE NEWS from Joe Kassabian (@jkass99)

AP says the original sign said "Free small business!"
https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8845710091

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Lake of Methane posted:

It sucks that the woman who is throwing science and caution to the wind in the name of corporate overlords is gonna be known as a Nazi now.

A real shame.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Lake of Methane posted:

"pics or it didn't happen"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
That's this one:

https://twitter.com/Ashtar94/status/1256442588749459461

The "Arbeit macht frei, JB" sign photo appears to be genuine.

Here's the Andrew Rush photo referred to in the AP article.

https://twitter.com/andrewrush/status/1252292012650479618

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/nlw/status/1256...number%3D44pti1

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
What an rear end in a top hat. It really is a death cult

https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1256262884167954438

https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1256268012686106624

I was at a hardware store yesterday and got to see a literal manchild complaining loudly to no one in particular about how masks were stupid, businesses respecting the lockdown were cowards, etc while not respecting any kind of distance/line markers. It was weird to see a 40 year old man doing the playbook of a middle school bully.

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 2, 2020

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Quote is not edit

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Around here the signaling that you think it's fake seems to be to leave your nose sticking out the top of the mask.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Arven posted:

Around here the signaling that you think it's fake seems to be to leave your nose sticking out the top of the mask.

Literally every male who works in my rural grocery store does this.

Thanks guys, spending extra time wiping down every thing I bring from the store because of you fucks.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Arven posted:

I'm an American living in Tokyo, and this is how about half the people over here wore their masks before the 'roni even came around town. I've heard people crediting the low number of cases in Japan to Japanese people with their superior cleanliness and "mask culture", but it's all a bunch of bullshit. Tons of people don't wear the mask correctly, I constantly see people touching their faces to adjust the masks, and I've seen plenty of old men cover their mouth for a giant sneeze or coughing fit and then immediately touch the handrail on the train.

It's pretty surreal reading this thread and other English-language media about how everything is locked down, because it was all business as normal in Japan until two or so weeks ago, despite Japan having some of the earliest confirmed cases outside of China. Even after a state of emergency was declared, there's been no legal measures to prevent people from going outside or to work; it's just the government asking very nicely if people could pretty please stay home, and predictably few people are listening. Before the Olympics were postponed, I'm almost certain the Japanese government was intentionally withholding testing in a last-ditch effort to save the Olympics, and even now I'm sure the numbers Japan is putting out are bullshit. This is probably contributing to the overall lack of response or sense of danger that people seem to have over here, and a lot people are probably going to die of "pneumonia" because of it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Arven posted:

Ohio governor DeWine wore his like this at a press conference which you can be sure all the chuds took in stride.

oh wait

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

egyptian rat race posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. It really is a death cult

https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1256262884167954438

https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1256268012686106624

I was at a hardware store yesterday and got to see a literal manchild complaining loudly to no one in particular about how masks were stupid, businesses respecting the lockdown were cowards, etc while not respecting any kind of distance/line markers. It was weird to see a 40 year old man doing the playbook of a middle school bully.

The Falwell Klan are all disgusting pukes as is any slackjawed sister fucker who follows them

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One of the Falwells runs Samaritan's Purse. They put up at tent hospital in Central Park a few weeks back. I assume so they could take the faithful money off the hands of covid victims to guide them into their kingdom in heaven, and drum up publicity for donations from their loyal band of idiot followers.

"Come on down to Samaritan's Purse tent hospital, where we'll pray the sickness away and treat you with our complimentary holy water, only $14.95 per bottle!"

The woman that lived in my apartment last was a contributor. I still get mail for her from Samaritan's Purse. She also didn't change her address on her registration, so I get her Denver tollway tickets with good sounding warnings on the envelope like, "vehicle registration blocked until this bill is paid." Clearly she can't pay those bills, Samaritan's Purse needs their tithe!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

One of the Falwells runs Samaritan's Purse. They put up at tent hospital in Central Park a few weeks back. I assume so they could take the faithful money off the hands of covid victims to guide them into their kingdom in heaven, and drum up publicity for donations from their loyal band of idiot followers.

"Come on down to Samaritan's Purse tent hospital, where we'll pray the sickness away and treat you with our complimentary holy water, only $14.95 per bottle!"

The woman that lived in my apartment last was a contributor. I still get mail for her from Samaritan's Purse. She also didn't change her address on her registration, so I get her Denver tollway tickets with good sounding warnings on the envelope like, "vehicle registration blocked until this bill is paid." Clearly she can't pay those bills, Samaritan's Purse needs their tithe!

That's better than the letters from attorneys offices and court summons that I keep getting in my mail intended for the previous tenant.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I saw very few people without masks at my Kroger in Houston (this was a few days before the mask order took effect), but the dude with the Trump-Pence shirt clearly had a chip on his shoulder about it.

egyptian rat race posted:

It was weird to see a 40 year old man doing the playbook of a middle school bully.

You mean it's inspiring to see your fellow citizens following their President's leadership :patriot:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Per WaPo

quote:

The White House is blocking Anthony S. Fauci from testifying before a House subcommittee investigating the coronavirus outbreak and response, arguing that it would be “counterproductive” for him to appear next week while in the midst of participating in the government’s response to the pandemic.

The White House issued a statement about Fauci’s testimony shortly after The Washington Post published a story Friday afternoon quoting a spokesman for the House Appropriations Committee, who said the White House was refusing to allow Fauci to appear at a subcommittee hearing next week.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
An officer I know that’s a POS is posting all over SM (I’ve don’t have any connection but a friend does and sends me screenshots because she always passed me off) about the quarantine being illegal and fascist. She is telling people to be prepared to defend their freedoms. She broke into a public park, which are closed under governors order to let her 1 year old play. A few other officers have forwarded the post to her command and the local PD, but nothing has happened yet.

She also used to tell soldiers they were going to hell for being non believers and got knocked up by some random dude who isn’t her husband while she was deployed.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

goddammit of course he'll get fired this week after I already lost bets on him being fired by yesterday

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

An officer I know that’s a POS is posting all over SM (I’ve don’t have any connection but a friend does and sends me screenshots because she always passed me off) about the quarantine being illegal and fascist. She is telling people to be prepared to defend their freedoms. She broke into a public park, which are closed under governors order to let her 1 year old play. A few other officers have forwarded the post to her command and the local PD, but nothing has happened yet.

She also used to tell soldiers they were going to hell for being non believers and got knocked up by some random dude who isn’t her husband while she was deployed.

The aristocrats!

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
How many more wildcard predictions will come true?

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1256407531372642305

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That was pretty much a freespace.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So this election is going to the embodiment of Douche vs. Turd from South Park?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

shame on an IGA posted:

goddammit of course he'll get fired this week after I already lost bets on him being fired by yesterday

Nah, he's going to testify to the Senate pretty soon. This is the administration being dickholes to the House, not about Fauci getting fired.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1256630058262896642

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chFaesfO7fQ

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CBJSprague24 posted:

No

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump's pettiness and utter incompetence during a pandemic is killing hundreds to thousands of people while further emboldening right wing extremist militias. No it loving isn't some South Park bullshit.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

CBJSprague24 posted:

Look at this unique and insightful take

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys we have a great victory in this paaandemoc. We have had more americans die than did in vietnam and that is a great accomplishment. :smugdon:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ded posted:

Guys we have a great victory in this paaandemoc. We have had more americans die than did in vietnam and that is a great accomplishment. :smugdon:

More us citizens have died than in OIF and OEF combined.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-park-ranger-pushed-water-after-reminding-crowd-about-social-n1198491

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

How come the "it's a hoax" and the "it's a Chinese bioweapon" people never argue with each other. These are directly opposite messages and yet they're being pumped in tandem down the same conservative propaganda pipelines

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Best Friends posted:

How come the "it's a hoax" and the "it's a Chinese bioweapon" people never argue with each other. These are directly opposite messages and yet they're being pumped in tandem down the same conservative propaganda pipelines
Because as long as you are ownin da libz you can say anything

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Biden will competently keep everything the way it was in January 2021, and it will be lovely

Trump can’t even competently pick out evil henchmen to do bad things

In one future you have a functioning government functionally making terrible policy, in the other you have no functional federal system.

Do you prefer drowning or burning?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we'll feel much better about people choosing the barrel of a gun over crushing medical debt under Biden

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

quote:

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Biden will competently keep everything the way it was in January 2021, and it will be lovely

Trump can’t even competently pick out evil henchmen to do bad things

In one future you have a functioning government functionally making terrible policy, in the other you have no functional federal system.

Do you prefer drowning or burning?

Drowning. I've already been in fire.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Being continually told you face a weak and incompetent yet simultaneously all-powerful enemy is one of the best warning signs that you've joined a cult

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Best Friends posted:

They're the same people

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

M_Gargantua posted:

Thats cute that you think he will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

didn't we decide to isolate that all to a different thread so there weren't knives out all the time