Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

oh but seriously I posted:

I think I might agree that we have drifted a little bit off-piste. Let us re-centre on the Top 20 Moves of Lance Archer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diu3vfJbEaE

Knowing that the skullgrab/headpound is Archer’s Ultra Move makes the end of the Dustin match this week even better. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I want Darby to win the big one in front of 100,000 screaming Allinmaniacs brother so I’m fine with him losing to Cody in an empty arena match that I won’t watch

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

I think I might agree that we have drifted a little bit off-piste. Let us re-centre on the Top 20 Moves of Lance Archer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diu3vfJbEaE

Its really rude that his entrance music is a direct threat to my dog.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Oil! posted:

Its really rude that his entrance music is a direct threat to my dog.

you named your dog "Everybody"?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lone Goat posted:

you named your dog "Everybody"?

Dog Borg, So What?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Dog Borg, So What?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna buy that shirt!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

UPDATE: I bought that shirt!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

UPDATE: I bought that shirt!

Just...put on the shirt, Shard.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bought the mexican cultural appropriation lij shirt that's pretty old and the boring hikaru shida sh irt that doesn't look like it's from anything. that's pretty old too. waaaaazzuuuup

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

Just...put on the shirt, Shard.

Not only am I gonna put on the shirt when I get it but I'm going to take a picture wearing the shirt while flexing. So you know - something to look forward to.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

Not only am I gonna put on the shirt when I get it but I'm going to take a picture wearing the shirt while flexing. So you know - something to look forward to.

Finally a ray of hope comes to 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hell yeah high quality leva content

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1256693455637577728

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

leva has a good move! well it looks good in still frame at least

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Leva is a goon and intentionally baiting the thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If anyone wants to watch MAKAI, Shida's having a viewing party

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1256704613694177281

oh and the actual MAKAI link

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1256701441110151169

coconono fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 2, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm watching a bunch of old Roppongi Vice matches and I think I've come to the conclusion that Trent is the most underrated guy in wrestling. He is just constantly taking the sickest and nastiest bumps. He makes everyone look amazing because he's absolutely willing to eat the grossest poo poo.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm watching a bunch of old Roppongi Vice matches and I think I've come to the conclusion that Trent is the most underrated guy in wrestling. He is just constantly taking the sickest and nastiest bumps. He makes everyone look amazing because he's absolutely willing to eat the grossest poo poo.

trent and chuck are legit amazing wrestlers who can do just about anything, they're just also self deprecating weirdos so no one will take them seriously

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh yeah, it's really noticeable once you watch like 5 Trent matches in a row that he takes the grossest bumps but it's never to get over his moves. It's always stuff like him wiping out on the outside as the other guy sneaks away.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think hes kind of weird in the same way kota is, in that they are both kinda dumb boys who dont really like to do anything except wrestle, but they are really very good at that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*gif of Trent clapping*

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Trent is absolutely a pillar of AEW. If he does't get a title run down the road it'll be a drat shame. I'd emphasize him over Chuckie and that's not a slight to Chuckie.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It really sucks that Trent? (a great and cool wrestler) is my third favorite member of his faction.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah that sucks

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

The period where he took the biggest and dumbest bumps was because he already had some other nagging injury and was trying to hurt himself in Japan so that he could use Japanese healthcare instead of having to pay out the nose for American since he had no health insurance

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

karmicknight posted:

It really sucks that Trent? (a great and cool wrestler) is my third favorite member of his faction.

I like him better than Chuck but that's not really a slight on Chuck

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think Trent is a better worker than Chuckie, but Chuck has more personality.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

they should merge and form a single wrestler called Truck

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

trent and chuck are legit amazing wrestlers who can do just about anything, they're just also self deprecating weirdos so no one will take them seriously

https://youtu.be/coluItRxKUY

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

We finally found out why he goes to the grocery store every day: to buy fresh produce for his sight gags.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hefty Leftist posted:

they should merge and form a single wrestler called Truck

Berserker?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Cameo posted:

The period where he took the biggest and dumbest bumps was because he already had some other nagging injury and was trying to hurt himself in Japan so that he could use Japanese healthcare instead of having to pay out the nose for American since he had no health insurance

Never has Trent? made more sense to me than reading this right now.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Cameo posted:

This is just the most Trent? plan

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I think a lot about the time Monsta Mack tried to do the wall throw to young boy Trent in JAPW and Trent just kind of missed and crumpled on the floor. He’s always been the kind of worker to take sickening bumps.

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/887148150917648384?s=21

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

The Best Friends are all super good and it’s hard to have a favorite.

Trent? is the power guy and probably best overall wrestler but personality-wise is kinda mellow and the voice of reason against the two other weirdos he hangs out with.

Chuck is a great all-around wrestler without a ton of flash in-ring, but he’s the best promo of the team and is thus the team’s mouthpiece.

OC is surprisingly flashy in-ring, but only in small spurts (by design); otherwise he’s the most low-energy yet charismatic guy on the roster.

Somehow, the combination of these three weirdos works so well, and I hope they get a shot/run with the belts this year, especially after holding down the fort on the taped shows the last month or so.

Also, Parking Lot Brawl with Lucha Bros when?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Eventually we're going to get Best Friends vs. Death Triangle and it's going to loving rule

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Eventually we're going to get Best Friends vs. Death Triangle and it's going to loving rule

Needs to be for the finals of the AEW T3, the Trios Title Tournament.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Yep, that explains a lot and is very Trent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's also weird and interesting to me that Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta both picked wrestling names after name brands and became a tag team without planning any of it.