Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

Being continually told you face a weak and incompetent yet simultaneously all-powerful enemy is one of the best warning signs that you've joined a cult

We've got a smiley for that :umberto:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
PR can't catch a break, just hit with another 5.4 earthquake.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My mom posted the following Puerto Rican spanish idiom: "Habian muchos y pario la abuela"

Translated literary means "There were a lot and now grandma is giving birth"

Proper english interpretation would be "This is loving bullshit and i am sick and tired of this poo poo"

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
People aren't stupid, even if the politicians are.

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1256648867925446657

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Disaster as in it didn’t help at all or disaster in that it has done even more damage

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The "reopen everything" freaks were always going to have to confront the idea that people just will not loving go to these businesses no matter how much they shriek, and further federal assistance will be necessary. Whatever big crowds they get on the first day are not going to be sustainable.

Once again the rhetoric paid for by right wing PACs fails to withstand reality

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ElMaligno posted:

My mom posted the following Puerto Rican spanish idiom: "Habian muchos y pario la abuela"

Translated literary means "There were a lot and now grandma is giving birth"

Proper english interpretation would be "This is loving bullshit and i am sick and tired of this poo poo"

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Hahahhaaha that’s awesome. I started a language learning app that includes idioms, will be on the lookout for that

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is anyone else as bewildered as I am at how axe throwing just suddenly, magically became a thing?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Throwing stuff is awesome. Knives, axes, your own poo poo, it's a blast, you're missing out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I blame teh seals

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

no poo poo no one showed up to throw an axe, what the gently caress idiot ceo is this

if anyones going to go out its to buy poo poo they actually need

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sounds like somebody doesn't have the vision required to be a ceo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's going to be turned into a right wing media talking point though. "We opened everything up and if it weren't for those perfidious liberals it would all be fixed. This is their fault, they hate our freedoms." Democrats, being absolute dog poo poo at messaging and not having a propaganda empire behind them, will end up arguing over technical details to 'prove' it's really the fault of this complicated reality thing and get nowhere against it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tbh I don't think the Democrats' lack of messaging will manage to cover over the fact that people just don't want to loving go do stupid small business poo poo in a pandemic

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

bird food bathtub posted:

It's going to be turned into a right wing media talking point though. "We opened everything up and if it weren't for those perfidious liberals it would all be fixed. This is their fault, they hate our freedoms."

I think it'd be difficult to police your neighborhood to detect when people aren't going out "enough" so you can harass them for ruining the economy, but I'm sure chuds will find a way.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Throwing stuff is awesome. Knives, axes, your own poo poo, it's a blast, you're missing out.

The axe throwing bar/restaurant thing seems to have just randomly appeared in the last couple years.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I blame canada cuz theyve had that poo poo for atleast a decade

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/face-masks-stillwater-oklahoma-trnd/index.html

quote:

(CNN)An emergency proclamation issued Thursday in Stillwater, Oklahoma, requiring the use of face masks in stores and restaurants was amended Friday after threats of violence.

"In the short time beginning on May 1, 2020, that face coverings have been required for entry into stores/restaurants, store employees have been threatened with physical violence and showered with verbal abuse," Stillwater City Manager Norman McNickle said in a statement.

"In addition, there has been one threat of violence using a firearm. This has occurred in three short hours and in the face of clear medical evidence that face coverings helps contain the spread of Covid-19."

Due to the threats of violence the city has decided to amend their emergency order but still want people to wear face masks whenever possible, the statement said.

Cool. Immediately cave to threats. That'll promote stability.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When did we change our policy about negotiating with terrorists?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Woofer posted:

Sometime around when the Y'all Queda types took over a wildlife refuge.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Woofer posted:

When the terrorists started looking like this

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Those arent terrorists. Those are freedom fighters struggling against the tyranny of government.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

stealie72 posted:

Those arent terrorists. Those are freedom fighters struggling against the tyranny of government.

They're treasonous little shits who are mad they have to pay taxes or otherwise abide the social contract. Hang them all.

Edit: If you want founders intent precedence for this, George Washington would have sent the army after them.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 3, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Steezo posted:

They're treasonous little shits who are mad they have to pay taxes or otherwise abide the social contract. Hang them all.

Edit: If you want founders intent precedence for this, George Washington would have sent the army after them.
The corona idiots are mad they have to stay home and watch TV. Blows my loving mind. All we have to do to save the world is sit on our rear end, and these idiots can't even get that right.

They're so high on their own sheepdog farts that when a crisis does come and they can't shoot at it, this is what we get.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Xpost to the coronavirus thread:

The Washington Post has a very long story about how Trump has continually downplayed the extent and severity of the COVID outbreak, and how the cadre of sycophants he’s surrounded himself with have also influenced his delusions. The whole thing is staggeringly damning and well worth the read.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1256958021441327111?s=20

Something about the biblical nature of his ramblings just tickles me.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Laughing Zealot posted:

It's a brokedicked attempt at narrative shaping. Again, if the Left tries to take Trump to task over his fuckups, the justification's going to be ACT OF GAWWWWWWWD.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahahahahah *tearing clumps of hair out*

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Well that’s ominous

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Kudlow is appearing drunk on the Sunday shows

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m beginning to think it was a mistake letting this guy touch the orb.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Laughing Zealot posted:

These are real? I thought press sec bot was an Onion kind of thing.

Edit: ok, it’s a reformat thing that takes his tweets.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Midjack posted:

These are real? I thought press sec bot was an Onion kind of thing.

Hahaha I thought the same thing until a few months ago. Or rather I thought it was making fun of him

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/jeremynewberger/status/1256959713729810432

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's donny dickbrains trying to convince the imbeciles that voted for him that he is a religious man.

It'll work.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's donny dickbrains trying to convince the imbeciles that voted for him that he is a religious man.

It'll work.

"I like religion, I like your religion. The best religion, some of the best people!"

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Kudlow is appearing drunk on the Sunday shows

that’s good - he is always drunk, be worried if he shows up sober

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1256...number%3D75pti1

so is this an attempt to blame the entire thing on china rather than the white houses terrible response to the virus right

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Hot Karl Marx posted:

so is this an attempt to blame the entire thing on china rather than the white houses terrible response to the virus right

Yes because just like radical Islamic terror, as long as you call it the Chinese virus it will disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Hot Karl Marx posted:

yes