Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bushisms.txt posted:

Pro tip: use the gyro recenter like the reverse button in resident evil. If you want to turn 90 degrees or more, hold y and flick the stick in the direction you want to go. This is essential for splatlings.

:thunk:

An interesting trick but definitely not essential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The issue with BotW's combat isn't that it's bad, it's that it's always less interesting and funny than coming up with stupid ways to bypass the combat.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

American McGay posted:

Master Mode is miserable. I'd have been down with increased enemy spawns and smarter AI but the 10x health + regenerating health is awful.

I can deal with tankier monsters, or regenerating health, or weapon durability, but combining all three of them is really loving terrible. I mean, maybe it gets better once you're off the plateau? I wouldn't know, because I gave up on master mode after all of my weapons kept breaking in every fight.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the trick is to stop throwing yourself headlong into fights after the game tells you that you do not have the equipment to win them and instead start playing more stealthily

when you get a couple hours in and get better armor and weapons it makes you appreciate the combat all the more

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:chloe:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fuckin' 90s, man

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Fuckin' 90s, man

Me reading EGM or whatever at age 14: Man, video games have come a long way and are now advertised towards people with an adult sense of humor.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

My problem with BotW is that it is too big. I have more time to play video games right now than I’ve had in years. I played 55 hours of BotW last month. I have finished one of four dungeons. I am bored and have moved on to other games.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

My problem with BotW is that it is too big. I have more time to play video games right now than I’ve had in years. I played 55 hours of BotW last month. I have finished one of four dungeons. I am bored and have moved on to other games.

Getting 55+ hours of a game is money well spent, especially if those 55 hours were hours where you weren't acutely aware of the videogame systems at worked designed to keep you engaged.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This lady is like in her 60s now

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ogmius815 posted:

That's like half the amount of time I spent with BotW lol. But if you aren't enjoying yourself, then sure, move on. Though it took you 55 hours to realize you weren't enjoying yourself?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

[butts and tongues]

"The computer rendered graphics aren't the only wild thing about Donkey Kong Land"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

90s video game ads were loving insane. Nintendo went way overboard trying to respond to Sega's edginess.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thankfully with them losing Falcom to NISA they haven't put out anything worth buying in a while outside of RF4

They have Granblue Fantasy Versus, which is a dumb fun fighter. I want it, but I cannot justify giving them a drat cent.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Takoluka posted:

They have Granblue Fantasy Versus, which is a dumb fun fighter. I want it, but I cannot justify giving them a drat cent.

I forgot they had their hand in that because Cygames did the translation themselves

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

SeANMcBAY posted:

90s ads were loving insane. Everybody went way overboard

And it was TOTALLY RADICAL

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

ErrEff posted:

"The computer rendered graphics aren't the only wild thing about Donkey Kong Land"

quote:

But you know what's best, it's all on game boy so I can play it on my way to the mall

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Rageaholic posted:

That's like half the amount of time I spent with BotW lol. But if you aren't enjoying yourself, then sure, move on. Though it took you 55 hours to realize you weren't enjoying yourself?
I think they're saying it took them 55 hours to grow bored of the game.

I completed one of the divine beasts and stopped playing. I mostly enjoyed the game up until that point.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

90s video game ads were loving insane. Nintendo went way overboard trying to respond to Sega's edginess.
All because they hosed up and censored Mortal Kombat when Sega didn't.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

All because they hosed up and censored Mortal Kombat when Sega didn't.

Nintendo what segdoesn't.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Rageaholic posted:

It was pretty good. I’ll probably get back to it eventually.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

I feel like anything that bombed on Wii U deserves a mulligan.

Zero was a bad game.

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin

Fuckin' 90s, man

Can vaginas recognize different colors. I'm not an ob/gyn. Please help.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Rageaholic posted:

I didn't actually start liking BotW until I beat like 1 or 2 of the Divine Beasts. It really sucked for me to see a bunch of stuff, but not actually be able to reach it because of my stamina.

But once I got over that hump, I couldn't put it down.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Marvel Ultimate alliance good ? Trying to pick between it or Bayonetta two.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

blackguy32 posted:

I didn't actually start liking BotW until I beat like 1 or 2 of the Divine Beasts. It really sucked for me to see a bunch of stuff, but not actually be able to reach it because of my stamina.

But once I got over that hump, I couldn't put it down.

the first time I saw my ex just unceremoniously pause mid-climb and eat stamina food I realized I am actually really bad at video games

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

fit em all up in there posted:

Is Marvel Ultimate alliance good ? Trying to pick between it or Bayonetta two.

I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked MUA3 in this thread and even I'll tell you to get Bayonetta 2 first.

MUA3 is a good game once it gets going, but the game sure doesn't put it's best foot forward and a lot of the real meat of the game is not it's campaign but the wide and expansive series of challenge missions it gives you in a separate mode. The early campaign where you're fighting unreasonably burly enemies where builds have yet to come online and characters have one or two powers because MUA3 made the wacky decision to lock variety in a character's moveset behind it's first 20 levels is befuddling

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 3, 2020

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Master Mode isnt great, If you wanna make botw harder just dont use armored clothes and or dont use fast travel. Latter’s more for immersion tho

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

daermon posted:

Zero was a bad game.

No, it wasn't. It's really fun once you got used to the controls. The biggest downfall was not having online mp imo.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I have decided to give my old switch to a friend and pick up a switch lite. Can I transfer data via the memory card or do I need both consoles? I wanted to send it to them as soon as I can.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's the best way for me to make bells at night in Animal Crossing? I'm usually up late at night. Is it just selling fish and fruit?

Where I'm at in the game: I've got a house that I've gotta pay off and Resident Services is still in a tent until I get the 30 iron nuggets (already got the wood).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rageaholic posted:

What's the best way for me to make bells at night in Animal Crossing? I'm usually up late at night. Is it just selling fish and fruit?

Where I'm at in the game: I've got a house that I've gotta pay off and Resident Services is still in a tent until I get the 30 iron nuggets (already got the wood).

Bugs too. Eventually there's a night box that you can sell into once the store is closed, once that's built.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Master Mode isnt great, If you wanna make botw harder just dont use armored clothes and or dont use fast travel. Latter’s more for immersion tho

Every time you fast travel a horse dies in real life.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Not using fast travel is one of those things that really reminds me that other people enjoy things I loving hate. If I wanted to have to put in effort to get back somewhere I've been, I've got real life.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Aerofallosov posted:

I have decided to give my old switch to a friend and pick up a switch lite. Can I transfer data via the memory card or do I need both consoles? I wanted to send it to them as soon as I can.

you need both and they both need to be plugged in to OEM chargers, bet you can't guess how I learned that one

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Ah, crap. I wanted to get them their stuff by Tuesday. Guess I'll be going to the store and checking around.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

It doesn't just do that. It also adds enemies in places they normally aren't (the balloon platformers) and increases their vision a lot. I disagree the combat is the worst part. I think it has some of the best combat of the entire series.

That’s true, it is the best in the series but it’s hardly engaging and gets stale and repetitive fast.

I know it’s two rather different games but a fight never bore me in Dark Souls where in BotW it didn’t long for me to want to avoid them. Could be that once the danger is gone you just have to mash the button. Could be the relative lack of enemy diversity and moves. I don’t know, it’s just wildly dull.

Worse is the fact that you can really gently caress around with the enemies but it really is more efficient to just kill them, so to get over faster with it you don’t necessarily do the more fun thing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Unreal_One posted:

Not using fast travel is one of those things that really reminds me that other people enjoy things I loving hate. If I wanted to have to put in effort to get back somewhere I've been, I've got real life.

I feel the same way. Although I get why games do it, but often times there really isn't much to see in the world. Witcher 3 only let you fast travel from signposts, and it just felt pointless because there really wasn't that much interesting in the world to demand that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I tumbled off a train in the mountains on rdr2 and the hours i spent trying to get back to civilisation with what little supplies i had turned out to be a blast