Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Late game Gemcraft is great:

https://i.imgur.com/vzrfcgl.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

StrixNebulosa posted:

Tell me more about Atom Zombie Smasher. It's on my wishlist but I keep going back and forth on actually picking it up.

It should also be noted that AZS also has badass surf rock music. And not ironic remix or anything, just straight up Dick Dale surf.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hwurmp posted:

You know those old, old webtoys where you had a bunch of pink pixels running around a grid of lines, and a green pixel would go around turning them green? I don't even remember what the hell they're called, but Atom Zombie Smasher takes those and makes an RTS out of them. You have to use your rescue chopper to airlift out as many people in an area as possible before everyone left gets zombied--or if possible, kill all the zombies. You get combat units to help fight them off including infantry squads that move around the streets, snipers that cover a narrow cone across the map, zombie bait, mines, barricades, and most importantly, rooftop artillery cannons. Learn to love your artillery cannons.

Campaigns are score-based with a set amount of points for final victory. You score points for rescues and kills, and Team Zombie scores points for spreading the infection. The strategic layer has a fair amount in common with XCOM--random mission modifiers, scientists to rescue for upgrade points, zombies spreading from district to district, a bunch of campaign start modifiers to adjust length and difficulty, etc.

Yeah okay gimme gimme, thanks!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Terminally Bored posted:

It should also be noted that AZS also has badass surf rock music. And not ironic remix or anything, just straight up Dick Dale surf.

It goes so well with the between mission comic book cutscenes, too.
It’s a weird game but so fun. Make sure you pick the mutator they added that guarantees you an offensive unit, at least until you know the game. At release you could have a campaign get boned because it would start you with random units and sometimes you wouldn’t have anything that could kill zombies.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does Hypnospace Outlaw have any pages you can permanently miss?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Better late game Gemcraft talisman speedrun example (too big to embed): https://streamable.com/euaq7t

Game good

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hwurmp posted:

Does Hypnospace Outlaw have any pages you can permanently miss?

Nope!

There's a bit towards the end where you can go back to any time period from earlier chapters, so there's nothing you can miss permanently.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Garfu posted:

Better late game Gemcraft talisman speedrun example (too big to embed): https://streamable.com/euaq7t

Game good

That's some dedication, mana is dropping like crazy. I never got that far because I stopped playing after beating the last field, but I've still enjoyed my time with it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
How's Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 as compared to CSD 2?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

?eath to Spies: Moment of Truth: 749ZQ-?62Q?-CEXWR

The ?alking Dead: RP?9T-MH5C2-0TN06

The W?lking De?d: 400 Days: 4CJ06-?IWN6-3?P?N

Th? Walking D?ad: S?ason Two: Y6WK?-R?HXM-IC?5I

Circuit Br?akers: N?BXP-VEVPL-0YRPX

King's Bount?: The Legend: 0GA7L-QA2PD-D3CT?

Esc?alon: Book III: Q77?2-X9A4J-MLMWN

Dun?eon Siege III: I0Q8?-W6NDB-C9Y64

STAR ?ARS™ Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast™: C93HP-PV9K0-?CX7K

Man that Mystery Bundle on Fanatical was a big stinker :\ didn't have 4/10 of the "mystery" games. Post if you take.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

GreenBuckanneer posted:

King's Bount?: The Legend: 0GA7L-QA2PD-D3CT?

Man that Mystery Bundle on Fanatical was a big stinker :\ didn't have 4/10 of the "mystery" games. Post if you take.

I grabbed this one. Danke. And yeah, I stopped gambling on those a long time ago.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Blattdorf posted:

That's some dedication, mana is dropping like crazy. I never got that far because I stopped playing after beating the last field, but I've still enjoyed my time with it.

Yeah this is at wizard level 1800. I think I'm done for now. Was a fun grind though.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I'm still absolutely annoyed that they didn't just use Sutherland for Venom Snake and Hayter for Big Boss. It even would have made sense in the end.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The ?alking Dead: RP?9T-MH5C2-0TN06

Thanks!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Soul Glo posted:

I'm still absolutely annoyed that they didn't just use Sutherland for Venom Snake and Hayter for Big Boss. It even would have made sense in the end.

I would've been fine if they'd just gone with John Cygan, the guy who played Solidus Snake and Canderous Ordo, before he passed away a couple of years back

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

GrandmaParty posted:

How's Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 as compared to CSD 2?

A million billion times better. The mechanics are refined, there's an actual progress instead of "beat all the challenge restaurants while neglecting your own", and I don't know if I can go back to 2 ever.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Umineko: it's taken me at least a year to read the first three hours, which is testament to... something. The opening is extremely slow paced. But damnit, I did it. I made it to the second day, and something big is about to happen that will hopefully hold my attention better. I've been curious about this VN for literally years and I want to know why it's so well regarded, especially if you like mysteries.

Atom Zombie Smasher: I love the music and presentation but something about the gameplay feels lacking? I wish it were possible to rescue 100% of the civilians, but no. I walk away from every mission feeling like I've failed, and that's extremely unsatisfying, even if the game is all "good job!"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Upgrade your artillery enough and full clears become possible.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

StrixNebulosa posted:

Umineko: it's taken me at least a year to read the first three hours, which is testament to... something. The opening is extremely slow paced. But damnit, I did it. I made it to the second day, and something big is about to happen that will hopefully hold my attention better. I've been curious about this VN for literally years and I want to know why it's so well regarded, especially if you like mysteries.

The beginning is really, really slow, but then it speeds up considerably.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm rather sure i only ever made it to the end of "act 1" or however they're separated, and it's been years so i don't remember anything, but i DO remember that the act 1 finale was pretty insane.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

HopperUK posted:

I never played any Metal Gears so I only know Hayter from voicing Bucky on Marvel Heroes. He was good in that imo.

they go a little bit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79vVtrABAA

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

The beginning is really, really slow, but then it speeds up considerably.

oh thank god something awful has happened

Also that lines up with everything I've heard about it, but oh my god I did not expect the intro to be that slow and long. Wow.

e: holy poo poo didn't expect that.

Hey you! If you're reading this post, you should check out Umineko! The first half is on sale for 10$!

(The second half is on sale for 15$ but this game is super super long so don't get it until you need it. Unless you're like me and need a whole thing before you can begin.)

I'd add more live-commentary but I just entered massive spoilers territory so yeah - when the first day ends, poo poo gets wild.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 3, 2020

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

mmkay posted:

How's Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth? I sometimes have an itch to play a Pokemon-adjacent game, so it caught my eye. I played Dawn/Dusk some time ago but felt it was a 'bit' too grindy, though otherwise enjoyable.

If you're worried about grinding in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, there are certain digimon you can get that will increase the amount of XP you get and you can break the game open pretty easily.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

I see images like that and wonder how you make a shirt like that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That tie is putting in some work

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Jamfrost posted:

I see images like that and wonder how you make a shirt like that.

I’m phone posting, so can’t, but someone has to share the original art.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So in Generation Zero, are there supposed to be four Hunters between Stenhaga Farm and Mortnas? You know, the bots that kill you in about 3-4 hits?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey you! If you're reading this post, you should check out Umineko! The first half is on sale for 10$!

for the full art lol

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I got to a point where I had to kill 4 robots in order to proceed, after struggling heavily with one. After spending about 40 minutes walking very slowly and doing nothing I got pretty drat bored (about Generation Zero). To be fair I was on a harder difficulty, but it just wasn't grabbin me, other than the fact that it was extremely pretty.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

queeb posted:

for the full art lol

I didn't get a shot of just her character art, so sorry for the text on top, but:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, no one should play the game with the "new" art it looks so flat and lifeless

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

StrixNebulosa posted:

I didn't get a shot of just her character art, so sorry for the text on top, but:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, no one should play the game with the "new" art it looks so flat and lifeless

well neither art looks flat, tbh

Also holy poo poo everyone go by Retrowave for a buck fifty. It's basically like playing an album cover for a synthwave band in an arcade driving/score attack format. Very very simple and early access at the moment, but given the number of "not sure if legally distinct enough from registered copyright" poo poo currently in the game, might as well snatch it up while you can. Soundtrack is dope as hell.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

The PS3 art is the way to go. The newest art is from pachinko machines and is poo poo.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'd add more live-commentary but I just entered massive spoilers territory so yeah - when the first day ends, poo poo gets wild.

if you want to continue your live-commentary, the visual novel thread lives for Umineko readthroughs from newbies lmao

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

queeb posted:

for the full art lol

dudes got a whole extra upper arm joint.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Intergalactic Fishing is a great chill fishing game that will make your hours disappear. Never mind the graphics.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

dmboogie posted:

if you want to continue your live-commentary, the visual novel thread lives for Umineko readthroughs from newbies lmao

oh hey, there is a thread for this. Thanks - I think I ignored it because the thread OP seems to assume you have a Vita and I sure don't.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

But there's never been a better time to buy a Vita!!!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I grabbed Sanctum 2 off the sale; are any of the DLC worth grabbing before the sale ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord
Ace Combat and Metal Gear Solid both scratch an incredibly specific itch for me of having plots & world design that's just campy enough to be enjoyably dumb but own it enough that they can pull off serious dramatic moments without being out of place

Ace Combat 7 is an absolutely blast, highly recommend you give it a go!