Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Kingdom posted:

You know you want me, baby!

*laughtrack*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

rydiafan posted:

You mean like the multiple times it's been discussed in the last half dozen posts?

The only two acceptable topics are:

1. Packers (woo)
    2. How often should your back brace be laundered

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I will also accept waffles.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’m some gal.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
We can also talk about how great springs are.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Paper Kaiju posted:

Oh, it's true.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Burkion posted:

I've never seen any of the cast, but plenty of 'fic MST3Ks' where people riff on bad erotica and the like

That was a whole thing from like 98-02

I’m sure Alien From LA was expressing a fetish on some level, with the weird successive things that happen to Kathy Ireland to transform her into a sexy giant.

And of course there’s Outlaw of Gor.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Paper Kaiju posted:

Have we discussed where the fish live? I feel this is a topic rife with potential.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Have we discussed where the fish live? I feel this is a topic rife with potential.

Also: How many times a lady is Mike anyway?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m sure Alien From LA was expressing a fetish on some level, with the weird successive things that happen to Kathy Ireland to transform her into a sexy giant.

And of course there’s Outlaw of Gor.

And The Brain that Wouldn't Die is probably the sleaziest film ever covered

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Burkion posted:

Have you've seen Hobgoblins?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Don't forget Village of the Giants for all your blouse-bursting giantess needs.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Burkion posted:

this is true but I’ve always considered it to be a strangely effective little movie, in its own way

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

1. Packers (woo)

But also burn the witch.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm watching Godzilla vs Megalon for the first time. First, it's a version with commercials from 1996 in and OOF that is something. I thought Richard Branson was insufferable now; after watching a few of his 90s credit card commercials he was making me homicidal. Also, I noticed that Godzilla's rubber suit seemed to catch fire unexpectedly. That was kind of awesome.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fowl posted:

I'm watching Godzilla vs Megalon for the first time. First, it's a version with commercials from 1996 in and OOF that is something. I thought Richard Branson was insufferable now; after watching a few of his 90s credit card commercials he was making me homicidal. Also, I noticed that Godzilla's rubber suit seemed to catch fire unexpectedly. That was kind of awesome.

Yeah those suits went through hell

Still do when they're used

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Paper Kaiju posted:

Or eggs. They should be like $100 each.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cant believe I gotta wake up at like 6 in the morning on a holiday to watch MST3k but here we are.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Noticed my IFC on Demand on Spectrum is not only showing Joel and Mike eps, they're showing Jonah eps as well.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Also: How many times a lady is Mike anyway?

And could there be more goose poop in my front yard?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Mr. Fowl posted:

He Jock It Made Of Steel slays me for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder, the special is about to start.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Is this going to be left up for rewatch because drat I want to see it but I also have commitments.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1257064659238162432

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This Sidehackers viewer letter on Pluto that has girl versions of Servo and Crow is way ahead of the internet pervert wave. That guy was a trend.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is the change to JPC because they realized “gypsy” was a slur? That’s great.

EDIT: Sounds like we weren’t supposed to hear their live audio there, but it was quite wholesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is the change to JPC because they realized “gypsy” was a slur? That’s great.

GPC and yes, specifically I believe that just the smaller version of the character is "GPC."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is this the crew that does the live shows? I assumed this would be the cast of the Netflix series but it doesn't sound like it. Are they going to be riffing over the episode's riffing? Not sure I get this format.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah. Probably they couldn’t clear the rights for just a movie alone.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

explosivo posted:

Is this the crew that does the live shows? I assumed this would be the cast of the Netflix series but it doesn't sound like it. Are they going to be riffing over the episode's riffing? Not sure I get this format.
Yep, it's the live show crew.

I'd assume they chose a season 1 episode because there were often very long breaks between riffs before they found their footing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So riffs on riffs? why

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

So riffs on riffs? why

Season 1 deserves to be riffed

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Burkion posted:

Season 1 deserves to be riffed

Guess we'll see

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

So riffs on riffs? why

They probably couldn't afford to do a new movie since that would actually cost money. Instead they can do a movie that they already have broadcast rights to.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Emily Marsh doing regular riff performing during the tour? All the stuff I read made it sound like Joel was the featured human performer.

It’s awkward seeing them on-camera like this all the time, but I can see why they decided to do it—to keep the weird zoom aesthetic and because they have to be visible somehow or else it’s not clear what’s going on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was Emily Marsh doing regular riff performing during the tour? All the stuff I read made it sound like Joel was the featured human performer.

Joel had a toilet break or something, and she took over for a short chunk. She was decent I thought.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well, at least now I know pluto tv is a thing and it has a dedicated MST3K channel. Although I did get tons of ads for some OANN wannabe news station they have and I could do without seeing that every break.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

explosivo posted:

Well, at least now I know pluto tv is a thing and it has a dedicated MST3K channel. Although I did get tons of ads for some OANN wannabe news station they have and I could do without seeing that every break.

You have to embrace the terrible ads on Pluto tv it’s part of the overall experience

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It doesn't feel like we should be hearing these countdown parts, or is that just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m on Apple TV and I don’t get any ads. Youtube was like that for years too—just dead air where the ads would go.