Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

I would have more empathy if they didn't take a matchmaking system that worked and then break it frankly

All they had to do was nothing

It's important that if you have above a 1 k/d half your match consist of duel snakeshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I think what's most impressive is the community's utter lack of empathy for the developers trying to figure out how to keep delivering content in what is certainly a new and incredibly challenging work reality

This would work if the continual update cycle since release hadn’t resembled a clowncar

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bring back dedicated servers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I clipped into a staircase and got stuck in it until my mercifully quick end. Rip.

Also making people mad by turning gun game into knife game rules

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 4, 2020

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I wish this game gave more XP for downing enemies in WZ. Trying to do recons and kill people as a solo in plunder just means I down one enemy and his death squad teammates finish me off before I can thirst.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How come sometimes a match will only give me the option to use one of my field upgrades?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

wtf does thirst mean

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Kill a downed player before killing the rest of the team

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Rock My Socks! posted:

wtf does thirst mean

when post a sexy photo on the gram to see who wants it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't even imagine intentionally trying to used a downed player as bait in WZ unless I have a fantastic vantage point and they are wide out in the open. The revive time in WZ is so fast and downed players can crawl around so much more quickly than most BR games.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Democratic Pirate posted:

I wish this game gave more XP for downing enemies in WZ. Trying to do recons and kill people as a solo in plunder just means I down one enemy and his death squad teammates finish me off before I can thirst.

You get XP per down, and XP per elimination... but why don't you just squad fill, get friends, or play BR Solos if you don't want to be outnumbered? I don't think they're going to make any nerfs to teamwork in a squad game any time soon.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

VulgarandStupid posted:

You get XP per down, and XP per elimination... but why don't you just squad fill, get friends, or play BR Solos if you don't want to be outnumbered? I don't think they're going to make any nerfs to teamwork in a squad game any time soon.

That's bull. RPG is the definition of team player

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

As someone who really hates sliding, is there any real benefit of putting the effort into unlocking the Striker 45 compared to the 10mm MP5

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

man as much as I wanna be different and not a metaslave I really can't justify using anything other than the m4 in warzone. i love my chuckwalla and oden but I've lost to m4 rockets so many loving times

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CharlesThunder posted:

man as much as I wanna be different and not a metaslave I really can't justify using anything other than the m4 in warzone. i love my chuckwalla and oden but I've lost to m4 rockets so many loving times

Grau and Kilo

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The Grau and Kilo and M13 are better at most ranges for WZ. The M4 is better at close range though.

The Bizon is probably the worst SMG choice.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rock My Socks! posted:

As someone who really hates sliding, is there any real benefit of putting the effort into unlocking the Striker 45 compared to the 10mm MP5

It's pretty bad. The 2 round special ammo it gets can be good and a fun change of pace and can be a pretty fun DMR style gun but the Striker is basically a regular SMG that requires you get headshots to have a competitive ttk.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don’t have any real issue, but I wanted to gripe after an annoying match trying to get some kills with a stock Grau. Leveling guns in warzone only is a frustrating process. I know the obvious answer is to pony up $60 for multiplayer, but I’m holding out for now.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Yeah I would wait for the servers to work before buying this game

Otoh, who can guess when that'll be

Also I leveled the revolver today to try akimbo snakes and loving lol that build is funny

2x burst renetti is fun too

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i honestly think akimbo renettis are more ridiculous than snakeshots, and will immediately be the new thing once the 357 gets nerfed.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i honestly think akimbo renettis are more ridiculous than snakeshots, and will immediately be the new thing once the 357 gets nerfed.

I agree

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

renetti in hardcore is banana pancakes. it turns you into John wick.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I think they're better in MP but the 357s are still better fighting squads in WZ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlesThunder posted:

renetti in hardcore is banana pancakes. it turns you into John wick.

I'm Yosemite Sam instead, rootin and tootin and missing every single shot over and over

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Of all the problems with this fuckin game. gently caress literally everyone famous solely because of the internet (sorry lowtax)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My game crashes at the end of every ground war so I can only join matches in progress

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I googled and he seems to be complaining about rooftops in this game and how parachuting when you gulag in is bullshit because you can get the high ground/good position as a reward for dying. He certainly has a valid complaint there.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I googled and he seems to be complaining about rooftops in this game and how parachuting when you gulag in is bullshit because you can get the high ground/good position as a reward for dying. He certainly has a valid complaint there.

This seems to be the general high skill viewpoint. Shroud’s big complaint was the rooftop sniping element and how advantageous it was. I kind of agree because I think there’s a number of rooftops that have high ledges so it makes it very hard to win from low vantage points. Although I do like how it makes the city so scary.

Disagree with the parachuting in. Love it. Love how it equalizes things a tiny bit.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

you're dropping in from the sky with a pistol. is the advantage really that great? you have to overcome a lot to make it work for you if your opponent is already established. if they are established you can usually gently caress off to somewhere else. If they're not established then they deserve whatever happens to them. imo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What's the alternative to parachuting in at this point? A helicopter drop-off like Apex?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Parachuting doesn’t matter when the game loudly announces when someone is dropping nearby.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Parachuting doesn’t matter when the game loudly announces when someone is dropping nearby.

That's only a very recent change for BR. It did not used to do that so someone had to hear your chute or see your drop in. Now in squads it's a fairly loud announcement so it's way harder to redrop on your gear or sneakily grab a free loadout. Feels like the changed that for solos, where you could actually drop in with a glock and stand a decent chance against one person.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've never gotten CTDs in this game before and now I've gotten 2 in as many days

What a patch

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My game crashes at the end of every ground war so I can only join matches in progress

Mine is doing it after every two or three TDM games or after 1 ground war. It started with the patch before the most recent one. Locks up then crashes to desktop.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I was 1v1 at the end of a BR quads match and as I called in an airstrike on the last guy the game dumped us to lobby.

No XP, no win, nothing. A+++ would download this stupid free game again.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

I've never gotten CTDs in this game before and now I've gotten 2 in as many days

What a patch

every game i end up finishing (win or lose) is an immediate ctd. the worst part is when the challenges i'm working on don't seem to progress, and it's like i didn't even play at all. i'm just out the 15+ minutes.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

https://youtu.be/nKn2vA7jyI4

First clip here illustrates how insane the snakeshots are in their current state.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rock My Socks! posted:

It's worse than the MP5, but so is literally every gun in the game that isn't the MP5, TAR or SIG.

It's a pretty fun gun, though.

For the sliding, just slap on some akimbo pistols with a laser sight and play some hardcore Shipment while sliding around every corner.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lemon-Lime posted:

For the sliding, just slap on some akimbo pistols with a laser sight and play some hardcore Shipment while sliding around every corner.

tbh im gonna take this advice just because its therapeutic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realise how unfair it was until I got 80 kills running around Hardcore Shipment with a laser-sighted Renetti before even unlocking burst/akimbo, and I'm poo poo.