Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

so how fast is Barry leaving hulu? Its still up and todays the first day it gave a "expiring warning" with no date given

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Feel Good on Netflix is fantastic. It's about a nonbinary Canadian stand up comedian who falls in love with a straight British woman. It's only six half hour episodes so it's watchable in one sitting and works well that way

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Upload is very good and funny and is a much better interpretation of a future hellscape than Black Mirror could ever achieve.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Junkie Disease posted:

so how fast is Barry leaving hulu? Its still up and todays the first day it gave a "expiring warning" with no date given

Probably extremely soon, considering it's an HBO show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

I can't say I'm surprised, but that's really disappointing to hear. I read another review that was mixed, but all their bad points echo yours. I really liked the subject matter and the trailer looked like a lot of fun, but I have little tolerance for Murphy to begin with.

fwiw I think it's actually pretty good.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Probably extremely soon, considering it's an HBO show.

Is my HBO-Hulu synchronicity in danger

drat these corporate wars

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wasn't HBO dropping a bunch of content for free always supposed to be super temporary? I think they just did that to get people hooked so they will subscribe to HBO Max later this month Do something nice for the world during quarantine.

I wouldn't expect any of that stuff not to be removed before the 27th.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Prop School on Disney+ is really awesome. They pull out old props from a bunch of films and restore them and meet with the actors. The Honey I Shrunk The Kids episode even has an interview with Rick Moranis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If you want to see Christian Bale in a musical, Newsies is on Disney+

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The MSJ posted:

If you want to see Christian Bale in a musical, Newsies is on Disney+

How many papes you want?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm watching the first paintball episode of Community on Netflix and this is so obviously a Justin Lin episode. It looks exactly like a Fast & Furious movie most of the time.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The MSJ posted:

I'm watching the first paintball episode of Community on Netflix and this is so obviously a Justin Lin episode. It looks exactly like a Fast & Furious movie most of the time.

Community is so good, even the less good episodes have great spots

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Inspector Hound posted:

The back half gets pretty dire.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was actually surprised by how basic The Midnight Gospel really is. Maybe the first ep is just weak but it felt pretty generic and low effort, like just some rambling about psychedelics intercut with pretty trite zombie apocalypse stuff. It's not exactly creative.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Wasn't HBO dropping a bunch of content for free always supposed to be super temporary? I think they just did that to get people hooked so they will subscribe to HBO Max later this month Do something nice for the world during quarantine.

I wouldn't expect any of that stuff not to be removed before the 27th.

It seems to no longer be accessible now. I tried to load in and there's no more of the free content on HBO Now.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Watched all of Upload over the weekend and it was great. Much more interesting than the trailer let on. If you want to see the ultimate endgame of capitalism, monetizing the afterlife, then this is a good watch.

It’s on Amazon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I enjoyed Tales From the Loop a lot more than I expected to, but man, that last episode just did not need to happen.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Who better to play Joe Exotic in a scripted Tiger King series than Nicolas Cage

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/joe-exotic-nicolas-cage-series-tiger-king-1234574979/

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

But what if there wasn't a scripted Tiger King series?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Ozark still worth it? I remember liking the first two seasons well enough, but not sure if I want to devote another 10 hours or whatever to it. What is goond reaction?

Inspector Hound posted:

The first two seasons are gold, the third was experimental and while not as good as the first two is still fun. 4 and 5 are a rollercoaster of up's and downs and 6 is, imo, pretty bad. Lots of jokes in the final season read as "haha, I, Dan Harmon, don't give a gently caress about this show anymore".

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 4, 2020

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Calico Heart posted:

Ozark still worth it? I remember liking the first two seasons well enough, but not sure if I want to devote another 10 hours or whatever to it. What is goond reaction?

The first two seasons are gold, the third was experimental and while not as good as the first two is still fun. 4 and 5 are a rollercoaster of up's and downs and 6 is, imo, pretty bad. Lots of jokes in the final season read as "haha, I, Dan Harmon, don't give a gently caress about this show anymore".

IMO, season three is quite a bit better than 2. However, if you watch season three, you might as well be ready to set aside 10hrs for season four.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

Who better to play Joe Exotic in a scripted Tiger King series than Nicolas Cage

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/joe-exotic-nicolas-cage-series-tiger-king-1234574979/

I love Nicolas Cage and all, but I don’t know. I think I’m over the whole Tiger King thing at this point. Now if they had gotten Walton Goggins to play him I would’ve been insanely into this.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'd love the media not romanticizing dipshits in Tiger King like we do with Kardashians also lets stop Kardashians
These are not hip people they are horrible assholes

in a lighter note
John Carter is on Disney Plus and outside the iffy protagonist I still love it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like Kardashian mania kinda died because of Kanye. There's basically no possible read on that situation that makes them look good, and a lot of the less charitable ones make them look like actual monsters.

Tiger King, I can get behind a little more easily, because nobody sane is coming out of that thinking Joe Exotic is actually a good person; he's just a bad person in very entertaining ways, contrasted with other people who are a more bland form of lovely human. He's like a real-life Always Sunny character, and achieves a similar "I do not want this man to succeed, but by god watching him try and fail is hilarious" vibe.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 4, 2020

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Junkie Disease posted:

John Carter is on Disney Plus and outside the iffy protagonist I still love it

Hello fellow John Carter Enthusiast, I congratulate you on your excellent taste in movies.
For real it's good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's got one really good sequence and we all know which one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I was actually surprised by how basic The Midnight Gospel really is. Maybe the first ep is just weak but it felt pretty generic and low effort, like just some rambling about psychedelics intercut with pretty trite zombie apocalypse stuff. It's not exactly creative.

The series is an animatic of The Duncan Trussell Family Hour podcast, with some new bits by Duncan and the guest interviewee recorded to create a narrative.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Opening with the Dr. Drew episode is... not a great way to get me hooked. He's a guy with admittedly plenty of expertise who loves to sound like an edgy contrarian while basically saying nothing at all.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The series is an animatic of The Duncan Trussell Family Hour podcast, with some new bits by Duncan and the guest interviewee recorded to create a narrative.

Actually kinda reminded me of animated Standup shorts that Comedy Central and newgrounds people used to do, except it's a podcast with a netflix budget.

I also enjoy the artstyle.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's got one really good sequence and we all know which one.

Yeah the end credits

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah the end credits
Or when he is floppin around like a moron because the gravity is different.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Correction: "kinda okay sequence"

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I started watching The People v. O.J. Simpson. I didn’t realize the Bronco chase was like 2 hours long. Looking forward to seeing how the trial gets messed up since the evidence seems like an utter slam dunk. I didn’t pay much attention to any of the details when it was happening and it’s also been a few years. Also speaking of the Kardashians, are they famous because their dad was OJ’s friend and part of his legal defense team? The show makes it very clear that nobody had ever heard of a Kardashian before this.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

married but discreet posted:

Hello fellow John Carter Enthusiast, I congratulate you on your excellent taste in movies.
For real it's good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

david_a posted:

I started watching The People v. O.J. Simpson. I didn’t realize the Bronco chase was like 2 hours long. Looking forward to seeing how the trial gets messed up since the evidence seems like an utter slam dunk. I didn’t pay much attention to any of the details when it was happening and it’s also been a few years. Also speaking of the Kardashians, are they famous because their dad was OJ’s friend and part of his legal defense team? The show makes it very clear that nobody had ever heard of a Kardashian before this.

Kim had sex tape, but like Paris Hilton before her (and whom she used to work for), nobody would care if she didn't have a famous name.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

david_a posted:

The prosecutors and detective were enormous assholes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just watched The Art of Self Defense and if you were in the mcdojo scene as a child this poo poo feels too real. TOO REAL. Sensei is a crazy man who fits the modern day cobra kai ideology to a T. It's real good and god damned scary in that way. 5/5 recommend. Jessie Eisenberg is every man who gets beat up and the lives out his wish fulfillment as John Wick.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020

KirbyKhan posted:

I just watched The Art of Self Defense and if you were in the mcdojo scene as a child this poo poo feels too real. TOO REAL. Sensei is a crazy man who fits the modern day cobra kai ideology to a T. It's real good and god damned scary in that way. 5/5 recommend. Jessie Eisenberg is every man who gets beat up and the lives out his wish fulfillment as John Wick.

I saw this in theatres and absolutely loved it
Shocking and hilarious, best to go in blind

alted2
May 3, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is anyone here using Peacock? It's available to Xfinity customers.

Would someone be able to check on the availability of some things?

-Law & Order (vanilla). Are all the season there?
-Miami Vice (1984 TV series). All the seasons? Is the season 1 episode "Evan" listed? This one is almost always not available on streaming platforms.

Law & Order (vanilla): Seasons 13 - 20
Miami Vice (1984 TV series): nothing yet, maybe the contract with Starz has to run out before this shows up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

david_a posted:

It is impossible to write out about how incompetent Marcia Clark and Chris Darden were.

It wasn't helping that the LAPD was a racist piece of poo poo organization, but they botched it in so many ways.