Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
This Autumn for Crippled Children album sounds like what Nachtmystium could have done with Addicts if Blake weren't such a lovely waste of flesh. I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

these are always good recommendations no matter what

yah

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

COOL CORN posted:

drat that new An August for Crippled Children album is gnarly. The second track sounds like if New Order went black metal.

COOL CORN posted:

This Autumn for Crippled Children album sounds like what Nachtmystium could have done with Addicts if Blake weren't such a lovely waste of flesh. I love it

Stop! Stop! Stop! Jesus, you fellow Blake hater, had me sold after the New Order went black metal description. I can't hit purchase fast enough.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Stop! Stop! Stop! Jesus, you fellow Blake hater, had me sold after the New Order went black metal description. I can't hit purchase fast enough.

Yesssss :getin: looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

If it sells An Autumn for Crippled Children more, this new release is probably their worst work. So if you really liked it, you're in for a treat as you work your way backwards.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I think the idea of black metal electronica is really interesting. Give me some classic black metal blast beats over a fat synth patch instead of another round of boring trebley icepick guitars

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Where’s the stoner doom electronica I need? Electronic Wizard

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've only been able to scratch that itch with Industrial bands, which is a difficult genre to navigate because so much of it is cheesy rave type stuff. No one except Mick Gordon is doing what I really want, and he's certainly great at it but I want MORE.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Kvlt! posted:

I think the idea of black metal electronica is really interesting. Give me some classic black metal blast beats over a fat synth patch instead of another round of boring trebley icepick guitars

Maybe Bliss Signal? One of the guys behind it is James Kelly from Altar of Plagues.

https://blisssignal.bandcamp.com/album/bliss-signal

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xrS-ezmA4

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

you should probably listen to Forgotten Woods.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

New Syphilic is out digitally for people that enjoy technical/brutal/weird death metal with super grotesque art and lyrics: https://syphilic.bandcamp.com/album/empty-nest-2

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

Profanum's second album got rid of the guitars entirely and replaced them with (very dated sounding)keyboards, but I don't think that's quite what you're getting at here.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if someone said dad metal what would you immediately think?

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

echinopsis posted:

Iron Maiden

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

echinopsis posted:

Originally I'd say bands like Maiden, Priest, Dio, etc

nowadays there's a new generation of Dad's and I feel like bands like Hatebreed and A7X are going to be the next wave of "dad metal"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Nightwish but only because I'm a dad and I like em.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
I figured it would be bands like five finger dad punch or megadad

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I am a dad and I like Megadeth

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

xzzy posted:

I've only been able to scratch that itch with Industrial bands, which is a difficult genre to navigate because so much of it is cheesy rave type stuff. No one except Mick Gordon is doing what I really want, and he's certainly great at it but I want MORE.

Author and Punisher is scratching that itch for me. He's doing some sick poo poo with self-built midi controllers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UR3YjktJYI

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

COOL CORN posted:

Yesssss :getin: looking forward to hearing your thoughts

After my initial listen, I feel like this is a little more tipped towards post-punk than metal. Which is cool, but not as much of the equal marriage as some of their contemporaries. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I could see this album appealing to fans of Joy Division and New Order. Some of those synth melodies are just drat beautiful! Can you imagine this album dropping in say, 1983? I'm really curious to work my way backwards through their catalog now.

A human heart posted:

you should probably listen to Forgotten Woods.

Thanks! I'll check'em out too.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

90s metallica

it's the sound of men hitting their thirties and suddenly caring about being cool

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 5, 2020

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A human heart posted:

They were much closer to american DM than most swedish bands, maybe early Deicide or Morpheus Descends.

I haven’t listened to Morpheus Descends but yeah good call on the Deicide. It definitely has a similar pace and energy to it.

e: I wish the vocals were a little quieter but ritual of infinity kicks rear end

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 5, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lifeglug posted:

Iron Maiden

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

Dokken

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

If someone said dad gay so what metal, which era of Sonata Arctica do you think of first

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

tote up a bags posted:

If someone said dad gay so what metal, which era of Sonata Arctica do you think of first

Black Pearl White Oceans obv

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

silvergoose posted:

Black Pearl White Oceans obv

Oh Completely

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

My first thought was Pantera, but since the existence of dad metal implies the existence of uncle metal, well...

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirr posted:

My first thought was Pantera, but since the existence of dad metal implies the existence of uncle metal, well...

that's deadbeat dad metal

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

:hmmyes: Uncle metal is Brocas Helm, on second thought

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Your uncle listens to Cinderella :cawg:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Uncle metal is cool as hell old weird prog rock and heavy metal and some braindead death metal

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Uncle metal is the last four Opeth records and the first four Dream Theater records

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Dad metal is Metallica, but pronounced 'tallica and accompanied by a "hell ya, brother."

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

All good shouts for dad metal, but I posit that dadcore is definitely bands like Parkway Drive and Wage War who have "evolved" to embrace "heavy metal"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dadcore songs would basically just be pizza thrash but sound like mid 90s era metallica

Some songs i'm workshopping:
"Circular saw severed fingers"
"Recliner Coma"
"30 rack attack"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'm sorry to tell you guys that Heavy Nedal [sic!] exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Weaponized Cum posted:

Your uncle listens to Cinderella :cawg:

underrated anal oval office track

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Dad metal is Metallica, but pronounced 'tallica and accompanied by a "hell ya, brother."

also that's the only metal band they listen to and nothing prior to the black album except one or for whom the bell tolls whenever 98.1 the edge does mandatory metallica

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 5, 2020