Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Matt Groening said he named the Simpsons the Simpsons because he thought simp sounded funny so it's not a new thing

my gf asked me what a simp was earlier today and i legit thought it was short for simpsona before we looked it up

Looper fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Weedle posted:

some teachers here have been using the same ancient pbs history websites or whatever in their classrooms for like thirteen years

the head of the history department at my school did his lectures off an old, old pre-2000 website and there was a figure once for the global population that was like, 4.7 billion

the last time that was true was before 1985

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

On 2 March, she revealed this 2D model, unlike her normal model, in this one Matsuri is a 6 year old girl and acts for the most part like one.

they're cancelled now. they're all cancelled. delete

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

im only into the one i post sometimes. natsume or something

this is the best definition of simping so far itt congrats

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Looper posted:

my gf asked me what a simp was earlier today and i legit thought it was short for simpsona before we looked it up

my simpsona is bart

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i'm poochie in that when i'm not posting all other posters should be asking where's shallnoiseupon

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i'm poochie in that when i'm not posting all other posters should be asking where's shallnoiseupon

ShallNoiseUpon died on the way back to his home planet. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Weedle posted:

ShallNoiseUpon died on the way back to his home planet. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

one of the IKs pls

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who's shallnoiseupon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm on mission 6 and none of the fire emblems are jiving with me except titania i guess. axe man.... lance horse... feh.........

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

who's shallnoiseupon

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Weedle posted:

watching someone gently caress my wife?

no, that's what cuck actually means

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

i'm on mission 6 and none of the fire emblems are jiving with me except titania i guess. axe man.... lance horse... feh.........

fe3h

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

Sounds like something Claude would say

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
There’s a Judge Dredd comic I read not to long ago that has a character who’s a simp detective. There it just means simpleton, although skewed by the medium into being a cult of mimes and clowns.

In the early Simpsons episodes the opening title shot has a brief delay between the “Simp” part of the name appearing and the “sons” part, to emphasize an incredibly minor and unneeded joke those Harvard grads came up with.

Anyway it’s stupid thanks for reading

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played the gamecube one but in Radiant Dawn like 10 years ago I think I liked Titania/Lucia/at least two characters with green hair/a pegasus knight/Micaiah

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my old FFXIV raid group fell apart after failing to be able to get past the first major mechanic of e5s consistently, I was invited to a new one and we cleared in like 3 pulls

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

my old FFXIV raid group fell apart after failing to be able to get past the first major mechanic of e5s consistently, I was invited to a new one and we cleared in like 3 pulls

grats you simp

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A70LWm3qSZo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY2iIFJAgmw

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Cowcaster posted:

grats you simp

the group asked me to play ranged physical dps so it's not unfair to call me a simpleton

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

the group asked me to play ranged physical dps so it's not unfair to call me a simpleton

every dps in mmos

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dps is the fun part

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tanks and healers are simps for dps players not the other way around

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are "healsluts" still a thing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tank and healer: ahh yeah ill take aggro for you. you need some heals? looks like youre having fun haha im glad

dps: 1 key goes brrrrr haha

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
wish i could isolate myself from that part of internet culture

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

dps is the fun part

:wrong:

Stux posted:

tanks and healers are simps for dps players not the other way around

Stux posted:

tank and healer: ahh yeah ill take aggro for you. you need some heals? looks like youre having fun haha im glad

dps: 1 key goes brrrrr haha

as a healer the only player I simp is my tank. my big strong tank that will take all the hits from me. dps are replaceable, faceless numbers.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

loev 2 let someone else kill all the monsters while i staple bandaids to they rear end

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

playing tank and healer is like wanting to play as health and armor pickups in doom

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

playing tank and healer is like wanting to play as health and armor pickups in doom

:hmmyes:

May 8, 2006

dps tend to let tanks and healers think that they are the most important so they mash a button or two while the dps get down to work, it's called 'dpsse oblige'

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DPS are the ones who are supposed to use limit breaks in FF14 dungeons, that's how you know they're the heroes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it was great when overwatch essentially rendered "shooting people from a first person perspective" entirely optional in their team based first person shooter because just wadding up a big ball of aoe health and healing and just kind of rolling into the enemy's big ball of health and healing so far outstripped the capability of any damage character's ability to damage them that they had to introduce role queuing because it was so loving boring as poo poo for everyone involved

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 6, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Seems like a lot of gamers who can't cut it as tanks or healers and a lot of mad cuz bad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on the contrary, a lot of mad cuz bad introduced the paradigm of playing as classes that could "do good" while still being bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

white mage in ff14 is good, because they have the best + most annoying aoe attack in the game and you're encouraged to press it as much as possible, and also their approach to healing is to defer healing as much as possible using your instants so you can spend all your time throwing rocks at monsters

May 8, 2006

astrologian is the healer with the best looking skills, too bad you have to bust your rear end to do almost-as-good-as-a-white-mage

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Scholar is good because you get a free Summoner with it.

I just rerolled a couple of days ago to play with goons on Excalibur and I'm leveling a Paladin right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

it was great when overwatch essentially rendered "shooting people from a first person perspective" entirely optional in their team based first person shooter because just wadding up a big ball of aoe health and healing and just kind of rolling into the enemy's big ball of health and healing so far outstripped the capability of any damage character's ability to damage them that they had to introduce role queuing because it was so loving boring as poo poo for everyone involved

bronze mindset