Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

beautiful angel musk will ascend into the sky, riding the ark to mars, leaving behind this world of ash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

watch out world im naming my kid the clap emoji

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Maybe x like ex as in "from the ashes" like a phoenix

tipshead.jpg

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
X stands for eXtreme

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lot of pit bulls and crack rocks i that kid's future.

(Because DMX and those dogs and he smoked crack a lot)

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
https://twitter.com/CruzKayne/status/1257743869686546432

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Well it's "archangel" and also it's right there in the second sentence of the Wiki page.

Yeah, but Wikipedia also called the M113 the Gavin, so, yeah.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

that ae poo poo is gonna keep that kid from getting social security number or tax id number, pretty sure the system the feds run doesn't have that character in it.

Some encoding issue is going to result in their name being recorded like %C6%92 A-12

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I see he's taking child naming advice from my basic-rear end cousins. At least there's not another Jaeyden in the world!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

nikosoft posted:

I see he's taking child naming advice from my basic-rear end cousins. At least there's not another Jaeyden in the world!

Jæyden

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

God damnit, it was right there all along!

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1257822531148365825

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

WTF is this about? Did musky stalk depp?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

a normal thing for a man who just had a baby in the last 24 hours to say

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/andraydomise/status/1257829687998414854

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

pokie posted:

WTF is this about? Did musky stalk depp?

Amber Heard cheated on Depp with Musk while Depp was in Australia.

If you click through and go up the thread Elon was trying to dunk on a dude that got caught cheating on his wife recently and that resulted in Musk getting called out for being a sidepiece.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

KitConstantine posted:

Amber Heard cheated on Depp with Musk while Depp was in Australia.

If you click through and go up the thread Elon was trying to dunk on a dude that got caught cheating on his wife recently and that resulted in Musk getting called out for being a sidepiece.

When was this?
I have no idea how to navigate the mess that's twitter to see the original thread.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1257836061520101377

Grimes is super dumb

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Man goons consistently have the worst taste

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the gently caress is an sr-17

blyatbird

wackbird

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ballistic: X vs :sever:

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

THE SR-71 WAS A RECON AIRCRAFT THAT MARKED TARGETS FOR BOMBING VIOLATING COUNTRIES AIRSPACE ILLEGALLY ITS THE OPPOSITE OF A PEACE PLANE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lol, the only thing with less power than the SEC is CPS.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It should've been AA-12 like the automatic shotgun. Naming your kid after an automatic shotgun is weird, but is it really any weirder than whatever the gently caress this is?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

As an aviation fan the layman obsession over the SR-71 is both boring and nauseating. It's a meme that gets repeated over and over by people who have vaguely heard of planes, like the A-10s gun.

Did you know the P-39 in WW2 had a higher caliber weapon that the A-10 and was >literally< built around the weapon, with the engine located behind the pilot so they could fit the 37 mm barrel in the nose?

Did you know the X-15 went faster and higher than the SR-71 ever did?

No of course not you just drool over whatever popular media has told you is cool while you deepthroat the American Military Industrial Complex.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Brain Curry posted:

can’t believe small-minded people are still complaining about african-americans giving their kids “weird” names

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I loved the A-10 because I bought A-10 warthog for like $10 at CompUSA and loved shooting tiny pixelated tanks :(

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

UnknownTarget posted:

As an aviation fan the layman obsession over the SR-71 is both boring and nauseating. It's a meme that gets repeated over and over by people who have vaguely heard of planes, like the A-10s gun.

Did you know the P-39 in WW2 had a higher caliber weapon that the A-10 and was >literally< built around the weapon, with the engine located behind the pilot so they could fit the 37 mm barrel in the nose?

No of course not you just drool over whatever popular media has told you is cool while you deepthroat the American Military Industrial Complex.

I regret to inform you that the Yak-9K fielded a 45mm cannon, you're not allowed to like the P-39 anymore

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

haha pig plane go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

BMan posted:

I regret to inform you that the Yak-9K fielded a 45mm cannon, you're not allowed to like the P-39 anymore

drat, fine, it got me into a flat spin all the time in IL-2 anyway.

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER
lmao naming your kid an easily identifiable name and not naming them the most common and generic first + last name for that year. maximize your child's privacy imo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnknownTarget posted:

The X-15 was a rocket and the SR-71 was a loving turbojet why don't you just compare the fuckin voyager probes at that point because who gives a gently caress what propels them

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

UnknownTarget posted:

i was not expecting to encounter a P-39 stan in the year 2020

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

what's the x for though

this is the problem with all their poo poo, they just ignore poo poo when they don't have some dumbass just-so answer for it

unknown variable

ie. could become oxycontin-chugging defiantly-luddite failson who wants nothing to do with daddy's business

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Æ, my elven spelling of Ai (love &/or Artificial intelligence)

this sentence is some kind of perfect storm of stupid

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
The part that throws me is, well, everything.

But the part that really throws me is the bit about naming the kid after the precursor of their favorite airplane, as opposed to actually doing something tangential to sanity and naming the kid after something they like.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If I hated my kid that much, I too would give it a name no computerized database on Earth would accept.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

UnknownTarget posted:

Source your loving quotes.

And now this!
https://twitter.com/goodbeanalt/status/1257772269146947590?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Did they read the full wiki page and see that A-12 nearly got owned by a stationary SAM site in Vietnam?