Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

FAUXTON posted:

The X-15 was a rocket and the SR-71 was a loving turbojet why don't you just compare the fuckin voyager probes at that point because who gives a gently caress what propels them

To be somewhat pedantic the SR-71 was a combination turbojet and ramjet.

It's also not a super crazy comparison because they both flew in atmo and used wings for their primary lift, unlike the Voyager probe or the rockets that launched them into space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supervillain
Apr 1, 2004
¿Who are you?

I can't wait for the Bezos press conference where he announces he bought OneWeb, Rivian, and just to throw salt in the wound, Musk's house. Then he can crash land a New Glenn rocket on Musk's house.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/boymeetw9rld/status/1257729251484327937?s=21

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Witness him

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Is ae real elven meaning artificial intelligence or what

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

https://youtu.be/R-o7YG3x0DI

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

SpaceX has tried to recruit me a couple times. I've always LOL'd and said no way in hell, but somehow, Musk keeps coming up with ways to make me even more glad I don't work there.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

supervillain posted:

I can't wait for the Bezos press conference where he announces he bought OneWeb, Rivian, and just to throw salt in the wound, Musk's house. Then he can crash land a New Glenn rocket on Musk's house.

what am i even looking at

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Owning your kid so hard that you call them Artificial Intelligence

Do you think they talk about that plane a lot? Like bring it up every day? "Hey gromes do you think our car could go as fast as a plane?" "What kind of lovely songs should I make and should they be related to that plane we like?"

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1252692434007412737?s=19

Hadn't seen this one before

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Karia posted:

SpaceX has tried to recruit me a couple times. I've always LOL'd and said no way in hell, but somehow, Musk keeps coming up with ways to make me even more glad I don't work there.

Boy you sure missed out. Who wouldn't want a do nothing job working on a water tower where it won't matter if you gently caress up because its going to blow up anyways?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

SelenicMartian posted:

Did they read the full wiki page and see that A-12 nearly got owned by a stationary SAM site in Vietnam?

they don't care about the a-12, they only like the sr-71. no, you can't ask why they named the kid after the a-12

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Rich people naming their children stupid poo poo is pretty loving ridiculous.

The kids of billionaires don't deserve to be bullied because they have a stupid name they didn't even choose for themselves.

They should be bullied because they are the children of loving billionaires.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Ai/AI thing is 100% her playing The Somnium Files.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Vomik posted:

they don't care about the a-12, they only like the sr-71. no, you can't ask why they named the kid after the a-12
But the sr71 doesn't fly any more because a plane was built to hunt it down.:cop:

They could have named their kid after something that doesn't get hosed by exploding rockets.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lady Militant posted:

what am i even looking at

musk was loving Johnny depps wife amber heard. not sure of timeframe

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Tom Guycot posted:

Boy you sure missed out. Who wouldn't want a do nothing job working on a water tower where it won't matter if you gently caress up because its going to blow up anyways?

Hey that's unfair, SpaceX careers have several options. They could also work on ruining earth-based astronomy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"my elven spelling"

is there a laughing while vomiting emoji

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Even though apparently a lot of women do I still can't wrap my head around why anyone would want to gently caress Musk. He looks like and sounds like the wrong end of a muffler.
Is it just the money? Amber Heard and Grimes have money...that can't be it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnknownTarget posted:

To be somewhat pedantic the SR-71 was a combination turbojet and ramjet.

It's also not a super crazy comparison because they both flew in atmo and used wings for their primary lift, unlike the Voyager probe or the rockets that launched them into space.

nah to be even more pedantic the ramjet/turboramjet stuff is just nerd hype for the engine bleeding air from the fans (and into the afterburner flow) to keep the compressor from melting itself at speed, which allowed for better afterburner performance because it was getting richer air that hadn't been run through the primary combustion flow - a ramjet would be making use of airspeed to do the job of the compressor which isn't what's happening, they're just venting otherwise dangerous/useless air directly into the afterburner and the afterburner is loving it. It'd be like saying the P-51 was technically a jet because the cooling system's outflow generated a little bit of thrust as the engine and radiator were heating the cooling air up enough to duct it out under pressure. At it's most charitable it could be described as faking some ramjet-like characteristics (in the way F1 cars borrow airplane characteristics, flip them upside down, and turn that lift into downforce) and from there Musk would probably say it's a scramjet or something.

It's still a super crazy comparison because the X-15 had more in common with the space shuttle/Virgin Galactic/Spaceship One than the blackbird, and had to be hauled up to altitude by a normal plane - like the voyager probes being hauled up by their rockets. It's way easier to go fast when you're not burning fuel or design purity on takeoff and the first 30k feet.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

this sucks so badly

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

goblin week posted:

this sucks so badly
Does this mean buy or sell?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

what's the x for though

this is the problem with all their poo poo, they just ignore poo poo when they don't have some dumbass just-so answer for it

The x is because the kid is going to be a vessel for Xehanort, from Kingdom Hearts.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Does this mean buy or sell?

Number always goes up you loving idiot, what do you think?

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Using the birth of your kid by naming them something stupid is a pretty good strat to deflect from negative publicity you're receiving

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Pedo Guy is my elven word for billionaire

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

FAUXTON posted:

the gently caress is an sr-17

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1257925244733452290?s=20

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Rageaholic posted:

It should've been AA-12 like the automatic shotgun. Naming your kid after an automatic shotgun is weird, but is it really any weirder than whatever the gently caress this is?

Ack-Ack Musk.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The baby shower is just everyone trying to politely tell the happy couple they smell like a meth lab and should shower

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

BMan posted:

I regret to inform you that the Yak-9K fielded a 45mm cannon, you're not allowed to like the P-39 anymore

Do you even Pulkzerstörer

Also the A-12 internal designation was Oxcart and that nick name will propably haunt Baby Musk all the way to High School

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

.... But æ is ae not ai????

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rofl

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The B-25H carried a 75mm cannon in the nose :q:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Cannon CAS is only fun when put on tiny planes so the Guns look more impressive.

now excuse me while i buy some XS Speedos.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

X AE(I???) fast plane ?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BRB, gonna name my kid after Russian experimental bomber that had a bomb bay full of PPsH submachine guns

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

euphronius posted:

X AE(I???) fast plane ?

X = 10 (pronounced tin in South African)
AE= ash but also AE (pronounced e)

Tinashe Oxcart Musk

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m musk

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

artificial intelligence eg

the self-astroturfer elon musk :grin: