Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Risky Bisquick posted:

Fun gun, ammo consumption high

Speaking of, farmed Katagawa yesterday on M7 (his death scene takes longer than the actual fight when using the OPQ with the 300% damage boost). Got myself a corrosive Sandhawk that absolutely melts everything as it has the 1% damage stack annoint. Even with my ammo regen Moze it still eats up ammo, tho.

Between that, Yellowcake, and the OPQ, I was thinking of bumping up to a higher mayhem level, but the side effects of the next levels look so unfun I don't even know if I should bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Shiftypenguin posted:

Speaking of, farmed Katagawa yesterday on M7 (his death scene takes longer than the actual fight when using the OPQ with the 300% damage boost). Got myself a corrosive Sandhawk that absolutely melts everything as it has the 1% damage stack annoint. Even with my ammo regen Moze it still eats up ammo, tho.

Between that, Yellowcake, and the OPQ, I was thinking of bumping up to a higher mayhem level, but the side effects of the next levels look so unfun I don't even know if I should bother.

M10 is just for those of us with the "must have highest number" disease, I do and still burned out super fast despite having a stupidly powerful build/weapons that can pull it off. it's just not very fun

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Poque posted:

lord almighty I got a NoPewPew to drop on PT1 and it is melting absolutely everything

Just remembered I got one of these, threw it on bottomless mag Moze and hooooly poo poo. Thanks for the tip.

Also got a Lunacy on her with shield build on the second tree, 80k shield that stacks up to 160k... with a wall charger shield, so second it breaks bam back up to 80k.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 5, 2020

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just started playing the Cartel stuff tonight.

Before I even made it into the mansion I got a Yellowcake with a +200% weapon damage with an active skill anointment.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I beat the Takedown solo on M10. Wotan dropped 3 legendaries, no Redistributiors.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What's the best class mod for Amara if I want to use Phasegrasp+The Ties That Bind + Stillness of Mind? The actual Phasegrasp class mod seems bad because all it does is just apply my action skill element to everything, and it has points in Infusion, which I read actively lowers your damage.

How does Ties That Bind work with Rush stack abilities? Does it only do more damage to the secondary targets since Phasegrasp doesn't do damage itself? is Phasezerker a good class mod for a Phasegrasp build?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I did something like 300 runs on Captain Traunt, got maybe 15 Kaosans, 3 decent ones :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

A Moose posted:

What's the best class mod for Amara if I want to use Phasegrasp+The Ties That Bind + Stillness of Mind? The actual Phasegrasp class mod seems bad because all it does is just apply my action skill element to everything, and it has points in Infusion, which I read actively lowers your damage.

How does Ties That Bind work with Rush stack abilities? Does it only do more damage to the secondary targets since Phasegrasp doesn't do damage itself? is Phasezerker a good class mod for a Phasegrasp build?

If you're doing a Rush stack build, Phasezerker is the best one by far. I am using Phasecast until I have enough points to get Avatar from the Mystical Assault tree AND Ties That Bind. Once I have that, I'll switch to Phasegrasp + Ties That Bind as the Rush bonus will apply to anybody taking bullet damage from being grasped OR being secondarily-grasped from TTB.

Not sure on your first main question though - I'm planning on keeping Soul Sap rather than use Stillness of Mind.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Poque posted:

If you're doing a Rush stack build, Phasezerker is the best one by far. I am using Phasecast until I have enough points to get Avatar from the Mystical Assault tree AND Ties That Bind. Once I have that, I'll switch to Phasegrasp + Ties That Bind as the Rush bonus will apply to anybody taking bullet damage from being grasped OR being secondarily-grasped from TTB.

Not sure on your first main question though - I'm planning on keeping Soul Sap rather than use Stillness of Mind.

Soul Sap is the healing one, right? Stillness of Mind has been working pretty great, it usually grabs 6 or 7 enemies and has a pretty wide range. It also grabs people who walk into range AFTER you use Phasegrasp but while its still active. I think Sustainment is more than enough healing when you have a good elemental weapon like a Hellshock or NoPewPew.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

A Moose posted:

Soul Sap is the healing one, right? Stillness of Mind has been working pretty great, it usually grabs 6 or 7 enemies and has a pretty wide range. It also grabs people who walk into range AFTER you use Phasegrasp but while its still active. I think Sustainment is more than enough healing when you have a good elemental weapon like a Hellshock or NoPewPew.

That definitely makes sense if you are far enough along in the Fist of The Elements tree. Right now I've only got about 7-8 points there though :) In this interim period where I don't have enough points for both Avatar and TTB, I've been rolling Avatar, but tbh I should consider a respec geared toward finishing Fist of the Elements and see if the lower amount of Rush stacks is still viable for now. I bet it would be.

Right now I currently am rolling with: https://bl3skills.com/siren/#0000000000000013153113130315003000000000 (along with Phasecast and Soul Sap)
But it might make sense to try something like: https://bl3skills.com/siren/#0000000000000053003010000005005051310200 (along with Ties That Bind and Stillness of Mind)

The current rollout has been insanely successful though - especially since I can blast out two phasecasts and I'm very VERY rarely not getting absurd bonuses from my Rush stacks.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Amara's red tree capstone is so good, i find it hard to adjust without it, but thats probably just me not adjusting playstyle too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How are people finding the transition from M4 to M10? My Redistro is still good against mobs but boss farming is a slog. I could farm M6 or so for a while but only to transition up, and I don't want to farm a new Redistro just to need a new one.

And am I imagining it or are M10 shields and other non-weapon gear just the same as at lower levels? So the only thing M10 offers is guaranteed anoint.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Shields, grenades, class mod, and artifact don’t scale, only weapons. Don’t bother farming for perfect gear until M10. Use whatever you find and works for build, easily farmed weapons like lob, hellshock, opq system, yellowcake, any annointment. You should be able to scrape by setting the modifier up two levels at time.

If you’re on PC I have spare M10 weapons you can have if your ok with getting some donations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there a trainer or other thing out there that I can use to up the drop rate so I don't end up spending more hours senselessly trying to grind for a single item with the correct anointment again? Something without malware, preferably.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
So this takes some practice to do, would be much easier with an x2 cake and 2nd projectile :sigh:

https://i.imgur.com/NcnOAV6.mp4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Risky Bisquick posted:

So this takes some practice to do, would be much easier with an x2 cake and 2nd projectile :sigh:

Amara could (probably still can) do this with a lot of guns, because ties that bind does crazy damage with the clones all bunched up

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Yeah Zane apparently gets the shaft on those one hit kills

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Is there any way to tell what mayhem level a weapon is? Like is there any indication on the item card?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DecentHairJelly posted:

Is there any way to tell what mayhem level a weapon is? Like is there any indication on the item card?

Nope. Apparently there was supposed to be an indicator, but they ran into a bug, and didn't want to patch in the fix last minute. It should be in the next non-hotfix patch, so 2-3 weeks away.

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

I searched high and low on the Borderlands wiki, reddit, and some other internet cesspits but I cannot figure out what the weapon modifier prefix "Bountiful" means. I have found the gun type itself listed but nothing about the prefix.
Any idea?
Details:
I got a Bountiful Destructo Spinner randomly and didn't notice until a while after; so I have no idea where it came from. Bountiful isn't listed anywhere I can find as a weapon prefix about what it means for the variation.
Mine fires 50/50 Cryo and Radiation bullets at random, and the elemental selector doesn't change the bullets, but it DOES change the area splash puddle they leave behind when they hit something. So, a cryo bullet can leave a radiation puddle if you choose radiation.
Not sure if that has anything to do with the Bountiful prefix.

The only other version I have seen anywhere else is called Unescapable Destructo Spinner, and the Unescapable prefix also seems still unknown.

Also to the OP, the game is probably released long enough now for some sorts of recommended resources for this type of info to be added to the original post if you were inclined. I think Gibbed is maybe working on a save editor too?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

my guess would be mag size

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Rinkles posted:

my guess would be mag size

Wish I had another one to compare with. But is it me or was there just a poo poo ton more statistical info available for Borderlands 2 at this point in the game lifecycle?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

possibly. this game certainly feels like it made smaller waves than bl2, even if sales numbers are similar.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So I've realized that an Iron Bear centered Moze build isn't going to scale well into the higher Mayhems well. I respec'd into a blood-soaked shields with gun damage sort of build. Damage still seems not quite there. Do I just need better gear? Sadly the bulk of the new annointments are worthless on Moze, namely the ones that only work with an active action skill. I only noted the anointments that do anything in my list

Guns:
-OPQ
-NoPewPew: [Anointed] +150% rad damage when under 50% health
-Yellowcake

Frontloader Shield
Bloodletter class mod
Deathless artifact

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I can see a Yellowcake nerf coming very soon, why bother even playing the game when you have one, you've won, go home.

If this is the game experience, where only like 5 guns are usable at Mayhem 10, that the playerbase wants, then you lot should feel bad.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Judge Tesla posted:

I can see a Yellowcake nerf coming very soon, why bother even playing the game when you have one, you've won, go home.

If this is the game experience, where only like 5 guns are usable at Mayhem 10, that the playerbase wants, then you lot should feel bad.
It's exactly how the high difficulty options turned out in BL2. Good luck convincing Gearbox this is dumb and lovely, I don't think you have to convince "normal" players.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

orcane posted:

It's exactly how the high difficulty options turned out in BL2. Good luck convincing Gearbox this is dumb and lovely, I don't think you have to convince "normal" players.

I see all Gearbox's talk about wanting better game balance and endgame experiences was just fluff, but I shouldn't be surprised, as mentioned this is exactly how it went for BL2 and it was just as poo poo then as it is now.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
There's atleast one major difference though. In BL2 you had a handful of OP guns purely accidentally, because gearbox is bad at balancing things. In BL3 you have OP guns on purpose because gearbox wants to make sure that event and M4/M6 guns are better than all the other legendaries. And then they still gently caress up and you get stuff like the Lob, Hellshock, and Krakatoa that are better that a lot of the M4/M6 guns.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Floppychop posted:

So I've realized that an Iron Bear centered Moze build isn't going to scale well into the higher Mayhems well. I respec'd into a blood-soaked shields with gun damage sort of build. Damage still seems not quite there. Do I just need better gear? Sadly the bulk of the new annointments are worthless on Moze, namely the ones that only work with an active action skill. I only noted the anointments that do anything in my list

Guns:
-OPQ
-Yellowcake

Frontloader Shield
Bloodletter class mod
Deathless artifact

That's similar to my M7 Moze build except I have few less in the red and more in blue. I also use an OPQ with the 300% damage over 90% health annoint (which wrecks anyone with shields and can kill Katagawa in 5 seconds if I aim correctly at the start of the battle), a corrosive Sandhawk with the 1% damage stack annoint, and an unannointed high damage yellwcake (haven't found a good annointed one yet). I also have a deathless artifact that increased splash radius and radiation damage (which leads to occasionally downing myself if I'm not careful with the Yellowcake).

I'm able to hold my own quite comfortably in M7, but Iron Bear is still pretty useless over being a safeguard to jump into when the shields get low.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Floppychop posted:

Guns:
-OPQ
-Yellowcake

Frontloader Shield
Bloodletter class mod
Deathless artifact

You want a Transformer shield with this build imo. Get a shock Anarchy and use the reload ball to fill your shields and you’re good to go.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Man I’m not getting poo poo for drops, killing for an hour seen maybe 3 legendaries drop in M4.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

a sexual elk posted:

Man I’m not getting poo poo for drops, killing for an hour seen maybe 3 legendaries drop in M4.

I think the hotfix just fixed it today, give it a restart if it's out on your platform.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

so wait, is Amara SUPPOSED to be able to get Do Harm stacks when phasegrasp misses and doesn't go on cooldown? If I look at the ground and spam Phasegrasp, I can get 99 Rush stacks with Phasezerker, then phasegrasp a target to do 534% more damage and 35% of that to everything around it?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Holy Hell, NoPewPew with a 300% damage over 90% health anointment, 3 round bursts taking out most mobs in M4.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

A Moose posted:

so wait, is Amara SUPPOSED to be able to get Do Harm stacks when phasegrasp misses and doesn't go on cooldown? If I look at the ground and spam Phasegrasp, I can get 99 Rush stacks with Phasezerker, then phasegrasp a target to do 534% more damage and 35% of that to everything around it?

Not sure but I've seen it in videos for ages.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Hello BorderGoons, picked up the season pass and have come back to B3. Should I just wait another few months? Mayhem seems to be a mess

Hmmmmmm....

Double Hmmmmmm....

edit: Pearl is Relic, shields/health wouldn't fill. Also I have a Protean Front Loader that reduces my health to 1. (vs 60% health)

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 9, 2020

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

HAmbONE posted:

Should I just wait another few months?

Most likely. Only it will be longer than a few months, because every time GBX comes out with a new DLC or significant patch, poo poo breaks even more.

To be perfectly honest, the ideal time to play will probably be around 3-6 months after the final DLC releases. (Assuming GBX doesn't abandon the game immediately after the last DLC)

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

HAmbONE posted:

Hello

Hmmmmmm....

I tried out a Rough Rider with that very same anointment. Unfortunately it does nothing at all.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

A Moose posted:

Infusion, which I read actively lowers your damage.

Is this accurate? If so I have some respeccing to do...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kaethela posted:

Is this accurate? If so I have some respeccing to do...

it's a weird complicated skill, but the first point is absolutely worth it because of how some weapons work. specifically chaining and ricocheting weapons (like the recursion or brainstormer). you get an extra, full damage projectile if you have any points in infusion. this works because :gearbox:

they also fixed it last patch where infusion works with sustainment (amara's elemental life steal), so now you can life steal with non-elemental weapons.