Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I still don't know or understand why sometimes the store shows me prices in GBP when most of the time it's on AUD. I thought it was just 360 games but some of them are in AUD while I'm browsing and I went to look at the price of an xbone game leaving game pass and it showed me pounds there before I clicked through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pounded by GamePass pricing

By Chuck Tingle

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is your account's region actually properly set (and your console's)? Do you use a VPN/Proxy, like to use streaming services not available in Australia or whatever?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah I had issues because the system somehow got put to australia instead of the US so while most of the time it converted things automatically, it occasionally gave me some infinite weirdness I couldnt figure out until I sussed out the problem.

Bleeding Edge remains good, Mekko the Dolphin can be an absolutley game destroying troll against their own team if they want to. Also for whatever reason the game seems to be recieving more post game support now, months after launch, than it did at launch. I dont get it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

E: I found general language and location settings.language standards are in British English so that's probably it

Unclear if that fixed it or not but there's no diction for Australian English and defaults to Canadian lmao

Also didn't bleeding edge just get out of beta in late april?

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 6, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Also didn't bleeding edge just get out of beta in late april?

It launched March 24th, laffo. Theyve updated the games chat log more times in the past week than they did from March 24 to April 30

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Whenever a Microsoft app fucks up, try updating windows and see if it works then. I couldn't log into the Xbox app for a week and it wouldn't give my any errors. I eventually updated windows and the app logged right in after.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Two healer comps in Bleeding Edge seems to have been figured out by everyone except the two people running two healers

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It’s called Bloomin Edge in Australia

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think the weakness of bleeding edge is that Zero Cool feels so unbalanced that if the opposing team takes him you need to shift your entire team comp to just killing him and only ever engage when you can immediately dive and delete him. And it cant be one person, you need 2 or 3 plus people on your team dedicated to that because if they are remotely competent they can use his escapes to get away from anyone, including characters that should theoretically counter him in a 1v1.

Nobody else has that destabalizing an effect on a fight where you cant just win with your favorite characters played well. Well the Maori guy is just trash and is the equivalent of handicapping your team, but you know

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 6, 2020

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1258019781959024640?s=19

Just in time too, I've been itching to play FF9 lately.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I've been enjoying Deliver Us the Moon. Nice presentation and very pretty.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I've been enjoying Deliver Us the Moon. Nice presentation and very pretty.

I have tried it, but sometimes get stuck on puzzles and is not always my fault. Also not a fan of walking slowly around.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm looking forward to giving rdr2 a punt. Also is day z a real game now or is it still a buggy mess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears tactics is the best gears game probably ever (i only played 1/4/5 tho in the last 2 years and thought they were bad, sp only.)

The polish is really refreshing right after another janky bug riddled xcom title.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This may not be the right place to ask, but I am out of ideas. Lost internet in the middle of a modern warfare match. Both my kids iPads stopped working, and so did my phones WiFi. Came back on an hour later. Kids iPads work. Phone works.

Powered on my Xbox One and it will not connect to the internet. I have power cycled, reset router, unplugged everything, reset all advanced settings, removed my profile, tried Netflix (read online it works sometimes when Xbox live is down), and I am out of ideas and super frustrated.

Is there anything else to do? Call Xbox? I am hoping there is something I am missing, that I cannot fine with my google skills.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

This may not be the right place to ask, but I am out of ideas. Lost internet in the middle of a modern warfare match. Both my kids iPads stopped working, and so did my phones WiFi. Came back on an hour later. Kids iPads work. Phone works.

Powered on my Xbox One and it will not connect to the internet. I have power cycled, reset router, unplugged everything, reset all advanced settings, removed my profile, tried Netflix (read online it works sometimes when Xbox live is down), and I am out of ideas and super frustrated.

Is there anything else to do? Call Xbox? I am hoping there is something I am missing, that I cannot fine with my google skills.

First things first.

Did you actually fully reboot the console (green xbox screen that loads for a while, not instant-on?

Are you connecting wireless or wired? If wired, try another device (different console?) with that same cable connection and see if it works.

If wireless, what type of wireless, 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz? have you tried to forget the wireless entirely and re-enter it from scratch? is there a different wireless you can try, even (briefly) a phone hotspot?

In either case: does internet explorer work? do you get an error message? if so, what is it? if not, what does the network status page say (DNS address etc.)? Also does your internet do anything funky like custom dns/vpn/proxy (e.g. to bypass country restrictions with services)?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

univbee posted:

First things first.

Did you actually fully reboot the console (green xbox screen that loads for a while, not instant-on?

Are you connecting wireless or wired? If wired, try another device (different console?) with that same cable connection and see if it works.

If wireless, what type of wireless, 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz? have you tried to forget the wireless entirely and re-enter it from scratch? is there a different wireless you can try, even (briefly) a phone hotspot?

In either case: does internet explorer work? do you get an error message? if so, what is it? if not, what does the network status page say (DNS address etc.)? Also does your internet do anything funky like custom dns/vpn/proxy (e.g. to bypass country restrictions with services)?

Yes. Full reboot. Hold power for 10 sec, wait a min, back on with power.

Wired network. Have no other console to check with? And my 2 laptops don’t have Ethernet. I can go see if I have an extra cable sitting around some where.

My wireless works with all other devices, so the cable or xbox are my guesses. No funky internet stuff. We are much more of a pay Spectrum money and have tv/internet household?

Does any of that help at all? Also thanks for the reply.

Edit: should I try a wireless setup? Or are kids doing work/watching youtube plus an Xbox too much to handle for WiFi?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Snowmankilla posted:

Yes. Full reboot. Hold power for 10 sec, wait a min, back on with power.

Wired network. Have no other console to check with? And my 2 laptops don’t have Ethernet. I can go see if I have an extra cable sitting around some where.

My wireless works with all other devices, so the cable or xbox are my guesses. No funky internet stuff. We are much more of a pay Spectrum money and have tv/internet household?

Does any of that help at all? Also thanks for the reply.

Edit: should I try a wireless setup? Or are kids doing work/watching youtube plus an Xbox too much to handle for WiFi?
You've not really got anything to lose by trying wifi.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Akuma posted:

You've not really got anything to lose by trying wifi.

You are correct. And it worked. I tried a second cable and it did not work. So I just can’t run Ethernet anymore? That is dumb as hell.

Thanks for all the help!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Snowmankilla posted:

You are correct. And it worked. I tried a second cable and it did not work. So I just can’t run Ethernet anymore? That is dumb as hell.

Thanks for all the help!

I mean did you try the other cable? Is it possible your ethernet cable poo poo itself? Did you try a different ethernet port on your router?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

You'd need another device to test ethernet with to fully check if it's working. Might be that something happened on the router.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is the router at the other end the kind with blinky lights to let you know there's data flow on a particular port? Might help you narrow things down. A port failure on the Xbox side doesn't seem terribly likely and my money's on the router's port being hosed somehow. Either that or something got extremely confused within the router, like it's trying to assign the same IP address to your Xbox and some other device and poo poo's hosed as a result (the wireless hardware would have a separate MAC address and so bypass this if the router was doing something wrong with your Xbox ethernet port's MAC address).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did you do any troubleshooting on the router when the internet went out or did you just leave it until the internet came back? It's possible something might have happened to it.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

DrNutt posted:

I mean did you try the other cable? Is it possible your cable poo poo itself? Did you try a different ethernet port on your router?

Yes and yes Still did not work.

ErrEff posted:

You'd need another device to test ethernet with to fully check if it's working. Might be that something happened on the router.

I do not think I have any other devices that actually plug in any more?

univbee posted:

Is the router at the other end the kind with blinky lights to let you know there's data flow on a particular port? Might help you narrow things down. A port failure on the Xbox side doesn't seem terribly likely and my money's on the router's port being hosed somehow. Either that or something got extremely confused within the router, like it's trying to assign the same IP address to your Xbox and some other device and poo poo's hosed as a result (the wireless hardware would have a separate MAC address and so bypass this if the router was doing something wrong with your Xbox ethernet port's MAC address).

I will check this out tomorrow about the light. I think this is what’s going on? Would there be anything to do to fix it?

Cojawfee posted:

Did you do any troubleshooting on the router when the internet went out or did you just leave it until the internet came back? It's possible something might have happened to it.

I unplugged the router, waited 30 sec and plugged it back in. It’s a lovely modem/router from the cable company and the WiFi is working now?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I had a lovely D-Link router that had it’s ethernet ports all die after a power surge. Wifi still worked fine.

Everything else in the house was okay so it was really weird for that one device to be affected in that particular way.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ports or perhaps is entire network cards sometimes die

is a matter of life.

on pc you replace the card with another one, but I guess if you can't unfuck it, you would have to use wifi

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Microsoft will have the wrong ram in 20 minutes.

https://mixer.com/Xbox
https://twitch.tv/Xbox
https://facebook.com/Xbox
https://twitter.com/Xbox
https://youtube.com/Xbox

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm here to post about the xbone 2

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
That guy's fridge is an xbox. We've come full circle. A 360, if you will.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well so far I’m seeing a meaningful difference in gameplay or visuals between the upcoming World’s Most Powerful Console and the current World’s Most Powerful Console.

I guess only the current one fits in my TV stand.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is gross!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Giger Souls

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Super No Vacancy posted:

this is gross!

it's just Univbee

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Wow that Scorn video sure showed a penis jizzing, huh?

Only on Xbox

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

limaCAT posted:

it's just Univbee

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Wow that Scorn video sure showed a penis jizzing, huh?

Only on Xbox

Its on Game Pass too!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

maybe my eyes suck but I can't tell a difference between the Series X graphics and One X graphics so far

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

limaCAT posted:

it's just Univbee

It WAS my dick in that one shot. I sent Microsoft my dick pic in confidence :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Carlosologist posted:

maybe my eyes suck but I can't tell a difference between the Series X graphics and One X graphics so far

The humans talking from their homes look like real human talking from their real homes!