Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5/6/21249185/nba-shooting-guards-time-machine-all-stars

This ringer article by Dan Devine about sgs who would have been great in the present day gave me one drip of basketball related pleasure. Check it out if you're in the mood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

aging floor generals get traded for backup centres all the time.

Yeah Ben can easily become a starting 4 in okcs development system

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
The trade will happen. Raptors know they will never be anything ever again with their “core”. Philly knows they can’t even compete in the east with what they’ve got lmao. Let’s be serious here.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm fairly certain Toronto would be getting Simmons in a trade involving Simmons and Lowry

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

monkeu posted:

The trade will happen. Raptors know they will never be anything ever again with their “core”. Philly knows they can’t even compete in the east with what they’ve got lmao. Let’s be serious here.
Nope. The Greek.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Metapod posted:

I'm fairly certain Toronto would be getting Simmons in a trade involving Simmons and Lowry

They don’t want Simmons. They want LeMelo.

Wiggins and picks plus Lemonchello to the raptors. Lowrie and whatever’s left of the box-and-1 heroes who managed to “hold” Steph to only over 30 points per game in the finals to philly. And then obviously as the finale Ben Simmons to Milwaukee

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol no one wants anyone in this draft that bad. Save your ammo try to get cade next year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*masai mumbling thoughtfully to himself* lonzo small or lonzo tall?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It's weird that no Toronto connected sources have mentioned that the Raptors are interested in The Melo Ball but maybe they are getting scooped by big name journalists like Corey homocide Williams, 12up dot com, fade away world dot net and some guy named Luca with a youtube channel.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I really hope Giannis doesn’t want to either:

A) win lots of championships

B) connect with a particular player who he loves

C) play for a particular team

And definitely not

D) all of the above!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/gswchris/status/1251595351062016001?s=21

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

It's weird that no Toronto connected sources have mentioned that the Raptors are interested in The Melo Ball but maybe they are getting scooped by big name journalists like Corey homocide Williams, 12up dot com, fade away world dot net and some guy named Luca with a youtube channel.

masai calling the sixers to try to get a deal done but he keeps having to listen to an ad about jumping higher with this brand new workout system

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

monkeu posted:

Lemonchello

Just wanted to let you know that your habit of misspelling black peoples names is very funny, and your best running joke. Keep up the good work!

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Let’s take a look at it from Giannis’ perspective for just a second. He’s the reigning mvp and easily should have deserved it two times running. He’s the only back to back mvp since Steph

Meanwhile what’s nba media and nba twitter saying? Maybe pants-making GBS threads James Harden should be the true mvp? He’s got a lot of meaningless regular season stats that have barely kept the rockets afloat four or five season running until he chokes out every playoffs yet again

Maaaybe though Lebron is the mvp this year? Kendrick perkins (literally the worst stats ever of any play with that many starts) won’t stop speaking LEBRON MVP into the klutch media existence

I wonder if Giannis just wants to

Win?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Algund Eenboom posted:

Just wanted to let you know that your habit of misspelling black peoples names is very funny, and your best running joke. Keep up the good work!

My own name is a typo. You don’t own me

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
any star that wants to win should just stay or go to the east

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Metapod posted:

any star that wants to win should just stay or go to the east

I was going to disagree but then I considered the facts

A player who many consider “great” got literally swept out of the east

And went west and has failed to play even a single minute of playoff basketball since

Sheeeeeeeeeesh

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
New ep of Game of Zones is hilarious

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
BASKET

BALL

🏀

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

OH WORD SON posted:

New ep of Game of Zones is hilarious

Oh nice, didn't see there was an episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-VxfjhZt0

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5/6/21249185/nba-shooting-guards-time-machine-all-stars

This ringer article by Dan Devine about sgs who would have been great in the present day gave me one drip of basketball related pleasure. Check it out if you're in the mood

I was at this game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CEkiqEJmys and it was incredible. Dirk and TMac were both on fire.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

monkeu posted:

I was going to disagree but then I considered the facts

A player who many consider “great” got literally swept out of the east

And went west and has failed to play even a single minute of playoff basketball since

Sheeeeeeeeeesh

I know you're delusional but no one thinks hassan Whiteside is great jfc

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Monkeu thinking your 2k rating is what makes you great smh

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Giannis is gonna be real pissed off when he realizes that GSW has $158 million in committed salary for 2021-22

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Giannis is gonna be real pissed off when he realizes that GSW has $158 million in committed salary for 2021-22

On a shrinking cap.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

If GSW acquires Giannis somehow, we're going to have to listen to him mouth off for loving years.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If GSW acquires Giannis somehow, we're going to have to listen to him mouth off for loving years?

There's an easy fix for that

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If GSW acquires Giannis somehow, we're going to have to listen to him mouth off for loving years.

If that happens, it will reveal to the world that we’ve all been lifelong Warriors fans this whole time. Run DMZ, We Relieve, we were there for all of that

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

buddy you gotta stop surrounding yourself in gsw homer twitter

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

hey man you gotta make sacrifices to join the worst team in the league

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

also that ringer article is fun (yay basketball)

Pete Maravich in the 70s as quoted by SI posted:

It isn’t that Maravich forces his views on anybody, it is simply that he is so overwhelmingly sincere as he voices the desire, for instance, “to be invisible so I could kill the heads of all the rich banking families, redistribute the wealth and make the world a better place.”

god bless pistol

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Giannis isn't really known for mouthing off

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Pistol Pete GOAT

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

also that ringer article is fun (yay basketball)

god bless pistol

He became a born again and died playing hoops with an evangelical psycho.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

predicto posted:

Giannis isn't really known for mouthing off

Steph will teach him the ways of the mouthguard

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
monkeu out here hacking Giannis

https://twitter.com/Giannis_An34/status/1258479543796371456

(since it'll be deleted soon)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

He became a born again and died playing hoops with an evangelical psycho.

he also believed ufos were going to take him to the rapture before then; i'm cherry picking a bit

i read his biography in high school and i came away with three main impressions:
1. press maravich is a huge rear end in a top hat
2. pete had some sort of underlying mental illness
3. pete maravich was ridiculously ahead of his time; that book was published in 2008 and the nba was still another 5 or 6 years from catching up to The Modern NBA

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1258131754298343435

my rotator cuffs hurt just looking at this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Leave my baby alone https://twitter.com/Kostas_ante13/status/1258488555770384386?s=19

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1258131754298343435

my rotator cuffs hurt just looking at this

I want to cheer for Lonzo he's a man that deserves success but poo poo like this makes me hope he ends up on the Hornets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

We are all in agreement playing for the Warriors is disgusting.