Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nice 'n Isolation Isle (Nisolation) is open for visitors.

DODO: Closed!
Visitor: Kicks

Nothing too exciting going on, but I'll be open and mostly idle while working.

Please come take my DiYs, I have too much clutter on the ground apparently. Ignore the ongoing construction north of Resident Services, homes were there, but that area will soon become an outdoor space museum once the move is complete. If you want to help out, you can water the flowers in the very back (behind the space stuff) or bring your spare DIYs for my learnin'.

Edit: Thanks for everyone who came by and thinned the stack of cards.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Blaziken386 posted:

huh, never noticed that
I can kinda see where people are coming from, but it looks more like the limbs on a ball jointed doll to me :shrug:

My guy this is Something Awful dot com where we try our best to see dicks, goatse, and Loss in every image at all times are you new

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Any of you time travelers have a green new years' hat?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there any way to make a villager not be sad if they're sad for no reason, not from an argument with another villager?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

E-flat posted:

I read here that mailing villagers is bugged or something? Does that mean if I mail somebody a gift, the game won’t act like I gave it to them in-person? I’m not good enough buddies with Raymond to just give him something apparently, but he needs some cat grass I got.

You can mail them stuff and it will (usually) show up in their homes, but it won't give you any friendship points at the moment.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Prowler posted:

DODO: 5XRXP

Please come take my DiYs, I have too much clutter on the ground apparently. Ignore the ongoing construction north of Resident Services, homes were there, but that area will soon become an outdoor space museum once the move is complete. If you want to help out, you can water the flowers in the very back (behind the space stuff) or bring your spare DIYs for my learnin'.

Holy poo poo your island is amazing :aaaaa:

Nemo2342 posted:

You can mail them stuff and it will (usually) show up in their homes, but it won't give you any friendship points at the moment.

That’s certainly a shame. But good to know! I might just give Raymond the cat grass anyway.

E-flat fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 7, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

tildes posted:

Datamined friendship mechanic explanation: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1dy9hDpXzTblQVGjw6jQM0K4dwTjii_v0rm7ooqOXVgg/mobilebasic

And a useful tool for selecting the ideal clothing gifts for villagers based on that data: https://nookplaza.net/tools

Wait, is the photo different from what you get from Harv's island?

Miss Bean
Jun 5, 2005

Don't spill the beans!!
I finally saw my turnip spike! If anyone still needs to sell, Themyscira is open at 545 bells per turnip. Tips/gifts appreciated but not required. Just please try not to trample the flowers.
https://turnip.exchange/island/3bfe2929

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Prowler posted:

DODO: 5XRXP

I was one of the visitors! Sorry to add to the high traffic. Lovely town. :shobon:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Wait, is the photo different from what you get from Harv's island?

yeah. it's small and framed (the frame is customizable), you can put it on a table or stick it on a wall. when you interact with it, it tells you the villager's birthday and their "favorite saying" which is pretty cute.

plus it's like a token of having high friendship with them :3:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Miss Bean posted:

I finally saw my turnip spike! If anyone still needs to sell, Themyscira is open at 545 bells per turnip. Tips/gifts appreciated but not required. Just please try not to trample the flowers.

Me and everyone I know has had crap prices this week, this was a godsend. thank you!

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Anybody got Redd rockin any fake statues?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1258491664273772544?s=20

Prowler
May 24, 2004

E-flat posted:

Holy poo poo your island is amazing :aaaaa:

That’s certainly a shame. But good to know! I might just give Raymond the cat grass anyway.

Doc Fission posted:

I was one of the visitors! Sorry to add to the high traffic. Lovely town. :shobon:

Thank you two! :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Opening up my island for a bit. 1DJWL

Nooks is closed for renovations, but Ables has princess dresses, tiaras, ladder shades, tiger face t-shirt dresses and striped sweaters.

Please take whatever from DIY beach. I have too much trash.

Mind the flowers, but any watering is much appreciated. :)

Edit: Oh no! Communication error! Sorry folks, but thanks to those who came!

Nessa fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 7, 2020

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
So writing letters doesn’t add to friendship? Lame

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Guess I won't be writing any more letters to my teapot :smith:

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
I finally got a basement. This game is fantastic.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Opening my island for f o s s i l h u n t e r s.

FRJ94

I catalog all the dupes I get and have been doing so each day for the past two or three weeks. Each week, I post something like this to get people the fossils they need to finish their exhibits. Here's that list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DAVOzIpb-on7wyQRrwEOii_Dgg4YLg5IyZ3hlGmqzIM/edit#gid=0

If it has no number, I don't have it. If it has a number, I have that many dupes.

I don't lay all of them out on my island mostly so it's easier for me to catalog what is gone by next week - all that good stuff. If you need something on the list, please PM or quote me here.

I don't ask for anything, but please, for the love of humanity, water my gardens. They are parched. They're right past the stone bridge to the north, ramp up, next garden, ramp up, next garden.

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 7, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Licarn posted:

Has anyone minmaxed how to get friendship (without using the net/savescum tactic) from this information yet?

It seems like it would involve giving them a wrapped piece of 2500+ furniture once a day, but do repeat gifts work, and if so what's the easiest thing to craft that meets the criteria :getin:

I think that's largely going to depend on what you've got stockpiled. Here's the breakdown for basic materials:

Branch - 10 bells (250 needed to hit 2500)
Clay - 200 bells (13 needed to hit 2500)
Iron - 750 bells (4 needed to hit 2500)
Stone - 150 bells (17 needed to hit 2500)
Wood (any kind) - 120 bells (21 needed to hit 2500)

You're almost certainly going to need something with iron nuggets in it to be able to get the price high enough. Some suggestions would be Iron wall lamp (4 iron, 2 clay) or iron garden table (5 iron), but you'd want to look through your own DIYs to see what you have access to.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So I'm doing the Mannequin Island trick to get my 6 rocks in a garden but I am also NOT time traveling because I don't believe in it

Mannequin Island is hell

I have committed to memory the specific routes where i can side-step past my mannequins and know which routes are totally blocked off by mannequin/tree/building combos

I had two guests over to sell their native fruits and they were completely horrified :laugh:

It's going to be so satisfying in ~3 days when I get to make the mannequins go POOF

Miss Bean
Jun 5, 2005

Don't spill the beans!!

Vaah posted:

Me and everyone I know has had crap prices this week, this was a godsend. thank you!

Yay! Glad I could help. Thanks for the tip!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So I'm doing the Mannequin Island trick to get my 6 rocks in a garden but I am also NOT time traveling because I don't believe in it

Mannequin Island is hell

I have committed to memory the specific routes where i can side-step past my mannequins and know which routes are totally blocked off by mannequin/tree/building combos

I had two guests over to sell their native fruits and they were completely horrified :laugh:

It's going to be so satisfying in ~3 days when I get to make the mannequins go POOF

wouldn't it be easier to just pave over everything except the designated rock spots?

Magical Ponies
Jun 21, 2005

She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.

Oh, this game.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

Miss Bean posted:

Thank you so much! I sorta just got in and out quickly to make space for other people, but I left a gift for you in your town square (I've only had this game for about a week so my gift is probably trash.)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Johnny Truant posted:

wouldn't it be easier to just pave over everything except the designated rock spots?

Paving requires that you cover every single tile on the island that could host a rock

Mannequins block an entire 3x3 grid! And cleanup is instant (change the custom pattern and they vanish)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Nintendo needs to change how multiple people visiting an island works christ allmighty

Edit: the island crashed. I was heading one step at a time to post on the bulletin board and almost there :( at least it let me keep my princess dress and tiger shirt

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 7, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Paving requires that you cover every single tile on the island that could host a rock

Mannequins block an entire 3x3 grid! And cleanup is instant (change the custom pattern and they vanish)

I definitely don't know what this mannequin is then :psyduck:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Nintendo needs to change how multiple people visiting an island works christ allmighty

Yeah, all the stuff people whining about crafting or whatever I can live with just make it fun to do online. The things that are chores are ok feeling like chores.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

I think they're talking about displaying a custom design on a mannequin (as opposed to an easel or on the ground).

Edit: Lol, thanks again for taking those DIYs, visitors. I'm back to 5 stars. Easy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Johnny Truant posted:

When you Place a custom pattern, you choose between putting it down as a painting (on an easel) or as a t-shirt on a mannequin. It's convenient because you have infinite, free mannequins at your diposal, and you can cause them all to vanish by changing any single pixel on the custom pattern.

(the moment I noticed a hole in my defenses)

As a bonus, they contribute to your island score, so I brute forced my way to a 5-star island by putting a mannequin down every 4th tile across my entire island.

Miss Bean
Jun 5, 2005

Don't spill the beans!!

Farten Barfen posted:

Thank you so much! I sorta just got in and out quickly to make space for other people, but I left a gift for you in your town square (I've only had this game for about a week so my gift is probably trash.)

You're welcome!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Since I see everyone is opening up, I’m gonna lean on you kind folks again and request that you come visit me and tell me what to do with the west side of my island! I’m starting to decorate and I’m tired of being at 3 stars, but I don’t know what to do.

Saharah is here. It’s raining.

Dodo code: done!

A modicum of free stuff by the airport.

E-flat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 7, 2020

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

LODGE NORTH posted:

46PPD

I catalog all the dupes I get and have been doing so each day for the past two or three weeks. Each week, I post something like this to get people the fossils they need to finish their exhibits. Here's that list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DAVOzIpb-on7wyQRrwEOii_Dgg4YLg5IyZ3hlGmqzIM/edit#gid=0

If it has no number, I don't have it. If it has a number, I have that many dupes.

I don't lay all of them out on my island mostly so it's easier for me to catalog what is gone by next week - all that good stuff. If you need something on the list, please PM or quote me here.

I don't ask for anything, but please, for the love of humanity, water my gardens. They are parched. They're right past the stone bridge to the north, ramp up, next garden, ramp up, next garden.

Love your flag!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Nemo2342 posted:

You're almost certainly going to need something with iron nuggets in it to be able to get the price high enough. Some suggestions would be Iron wall lamp (4 iron, 2 clay) or iron garden table (5 iron), but you'd want to look through your own DIYs to see what you have access to.

Well I hope my villagers appreciate all the Jail Bars they're going to be getting

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When you Place a custom pattern, you choose between putting it down as a painting (on an easel) or as a t-shirt on a mannequin. It's convenient because you have infinite, free mannequins at your diposal, and you can cause them all to vanish by changing any single pixel on the custom pattern.

(the moment I noticed a hole in my defenses)

As a bonus, they contribute to your island score, so I brute forced my way to a 5-star island by putting a mannequin down every 4th tile across my entire island.

oohhhh okay i gotcha! that's a good trick. if i had known about it earlier i may even have tried it, but godspeed rock moving goon!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Bonster posted:

Love your flag!

Thanks! I can't take credit for it, a very nice Twitter person made it for me after I said how I much loved a different flag they had made~

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

LODGE NORTH posted:

46PPD

e:

Spike is now making a fruit wreath - second house on the left.

I would absolutely love an Ankylo Head, if I could get one! Happy to help water stuff.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Ables has a green and pink kappa outfit as well as other bright pink accessories if anyone wants to look like an absolute butthole. They also have a crown (not the royal one) for 1 mil if anyone wants that. I will be modeling a big pink rear end in a top hat outfit and running around.

Nooks has a treadmill, a toilet, and an elephant slide. I’m not attached to any of it so feel free.

I just like having visitors on my island, it’s fun. Take whatever fruit you need and I left some fossils and seeds on the shore to the left of the entrance. Talk to villagers. Someone might be crafting something, I’m not sure.

I have a lot of empty space on my island. Sharing isn’t all it’s cracked up to be when one person likes flat land and symmetry and you prefer a more rustic, natural look. I’m not creative enough to fill out that much space and make it look cool.

Edit: Closed for now, gotta run an errand

Pentaghastly fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Howdy folks! I’ve got too much stuff so I’m having a YARD SALE!

Come to my wreck of an island to take/touch things before I send it all to the nooks.

Clothes and things are on the beach to the left. Furniture and stuff to the right.

Nips at 152

Dodo code:

CLOSED

Raspberry Bang fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 8, 2020