Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Bakarina manga update: Baka gaaaaaay

Man forget Maria, her reaction to the first prince's fiance was strong even for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bakeneko posted:

If the OP is any indication, even her previous life was like this:

Move along, nothing to see here. Just two friends having a nice platonic walk on the beach.

See, that I read as her past life having actually found love.

Catarina is just totally oblivious to relationships. Which I guess explains how she ends up cast out of the kingdom even when she isn't involved in the protagonist's romance. Seeing her past life was basically her Ghost Of Christmas Future.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

CommissarMega posted:

Fixed, because you know this is the only way the nation doesn't descend into civil war :v:

For the form of it, I think they have to honor all the betrothals, which means the best option is to marry Maria to Keith. Actual practices and arrangements need not be congruent with the formal marriages, of course, as they're all nobles.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Test Pattern posted:

For the form of it, I think they have to honor all the betrothals, which means the best option is to marry Maria to Keith. Actual practices and arrangements need not be congruent with the formal marriages, of course, as they're all nobles.

The first generation to introduce constant swinging as a normal trait of the royal family and high nobility.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Something I was noticing while watching the OP that makes me like Katarina even more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zguIZOXlA&t=80s

I know it's not a big detail, but the fact that almost everyone gets the salute/respectful bow/curtsy right and she just goes for the showman route is charming AF. :3:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://masterhandss.tumblr.com/post/616259891449954304/everyone-still-looks-wonderful-even-in-genderbend

https://twitter.com/AniTrendz/status/1258381065959247873

Bakarina setting the record for most places in the top 10 lol.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 7, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Katarino has a ton of "no fucks to give" energy with that poo poo-eating grin. :allears:

Also holy poo poo, they loving dethroned Kaguya and the Prez? Can Bakarina be stopped? :aaaaa:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"Bakarina x someone from her harem" taking 7 out 10 places of Top 10 anime couples/ships of the week chart (including 1st place) is hilarious. :allears:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Should I be surprised that Catarina is shipped more with her brother than any of the other guys, or just disappointed?

Still a good showing though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've never gotten a harder laugh from a popularity poll before. It's even structured like a joke if you scroll up the list: over half of it is taken up by the same mean-looking girl, and then it looks all clear before she comes back and spooks you again at the very top.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Mary: Ha HA! I am the #5 most popular ship with Catarina, suck it Gerald, Alan, Sophia, Keith, Nicole, Mar--wait, where's Maria...

Maria: Up here at #1.

Mary: Dang.

Catarina: Oh what a nice meeting of all my friends. I wonder what it's about... I'd go up to them but my villainous face would just scare them away.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Should I be surprised that Catarina is shipped more with her brother than any of the other guys, or just disappointed?

I mean, of her male love interests, he does have the most developed relationship with her so far. That axe scene probably made an impression.

I can totally see why Maria is miles ahead, though. 'Reincarnated villainess tries to avert her doom so hard that she accidentally ends up shacking up with the heroine' just seems like the logical (and delightfully absurd) conclusion for this show.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nicole, Gerald, and Alan are going to need to put on glasses to start threatening Keith's position.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, of her male love interests, he does have the most developed relationship with her so far. That axe scene probably made an impression.
I'm wondering what impressed Keith the most. Katarina "Here's Johnny!"'ing the door or facing the terrible wrath of their mom?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Keith is also the cutest one.

(This chart seems a little suspect. I mean, who is sufficiently invested in Katarina/Nicole for it to even be on there? He hasn't really done anything yet.)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Tenebrais posted:

It's weird because watching the show I never got the impression he liked Katarina that way. At most, Keith just seems like he loves hanging out with Katarina and wants to protect his doofus of a sister from the likes of Gerald.

Senerio posted:

Mary: Ha HA! I am the #5 most popular ship with Catarina, suck it Gerald, Alan, Sophia, Keith, Nicole, Mar--wait, where's Maria...

Maria: Up here at #1.

Mary: Dang.

Catarina: Oh what a nice meeting of all my friends. I wonder what it's about... I'd go up to them but my villainous face would just scare them away.

After Maria, I like Mary the most out of the others so I'm glad she's the second most popular Bakarina ship. :3:

Dzhay posted:

(This chart seems a little suspect. I mean, who is sufficiently invested in Katarina/Nicole for it to even be on there? He hasn't really done anything yet.)

One thing I wonder is whether Nicol not doing much of note is because Katarina's past self never played his route so she doesn't stumble into events involving him. IIRC, doesn't she say that she never played Nicol's route and only got the bare-bones idea about what happened because her friend spoiled her about it?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just smh at all of you not having Sophia as your secondary Bakarina ship, just wow you guys :ughh:

As for Nicole, I can't see why either, though the comments I've read seem to be all for him as well. Guess the tall, silent and handsome type really does it for some people.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Just smh at all of you not having Sophia as your secondary Bakarina ship, just wow you guys :ughh:

As for Nicole, I can't see why either, though the comments I've read seem to be all for him as well. Guess the tall, silent and handsome type really does it for some people.

If nothing else, Nichol is the only boy Catarina has actually shown an attraction to.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

CommissarMega posted:

Sophia's not my secondary Bakarina ship, she's my first!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Keith is (a) the cutest and (b) a siscon. Not related by blood either, so I'm sure shippers think he's fair game.

Next week Catarina takes the other three spots with Cat x the student council president, Cat x her maid, and Cat x her farm.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mirage posted:

Keith is (a) the cutest and (b) a siscon. Not related by blood either, so I'm sure shippers think he's fair game.

Next week Catarina takes the other three spots with Cat x the student council president, Cat x her maid, and Cat x her farm.

Missing the very important Catarina x Catarina. There are five of her in her head, after all.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mirage posted:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maria, Mary, and Sophia the top 3, all is as it should be. :hai:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Eeepies posted:

Sophia's not my secondary Bakarina ship, she's my first!

Just smh at all of you not having Maria as your primary Bakarina ship, just wow you guys :ughh:

:v:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

My vicarious ship is Gerald because black hearted sadistic princes are hot.

But my favourite ship for Katarina is Mary because you need her pure moxie and determination to get through Katarina's depleted-uranium skull.

(I'll admit I was never much a fan of Katarina/Maria)

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Trashy Contempary Fantasy Novel Well written Romance Novel readers unite for the Sophia X Katarina ship.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Arianya posted:

But my favourite ship for Katarina is Mary because you need her pure moxie and determination to get through Katarina's depleted-uranium skull.

Mary approaches Catarina with all the subtlety of a berserk rhinoceros, but Catarina has all the social awareness of one, so it's kind of an unstoppable force/immovable object situation.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Mary approaches Catarina with all the subtlety of a berserk rhinoceros, but Catarina has all the social awareness of one, so it's kind of an unstoppable force/immovable object situation.

With Catarina, it's at the point where you actually have to say "Hey, Catarina, I am interested in you romantically. Would you like to make out right now?", and even that would be a coin flip.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I see all the gay ships triumphed over her straight ships. All is right in the world.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Catarina has evolved beyond the concept of gender and sexuality. I ship Catarina x Existence Itself

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so that means you ship catarina x yourself

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

jimmydalad posted:

I see all the gay ships triumphed over her straight ships. All is right in the world.

The boys suffer from being love interests in a game whose writer clearly had A Type.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dzhay posted:

The boys suffer from being love interests in a game whose writer clearly had A Type.

And apart from Keith they really haven't had much screen time since their introductions.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
do your drat homework bakarina

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
They're not paying Anne enough.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This episode showed why Mary is one of my favourite Bakarina characters. Girl is determined to win Katarina’s heart and that determination deserves praise alone.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Mary's playing for keeps.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Mary is straight up the most aggressive of all of Catarina's suitors, go git 'em, girl.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mdct posted:

Mary is straight up the most aggressive of all of Catarina's suitors, go git 'em, girl.

Mary is the most likely cast member to discover the need to hide a body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I think this episode was about 90% anime original