Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

New thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco: you can't make me wear a mask

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Something funny

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Something funny

That's the opposite of this webzone.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Something funny

Costco: We've chosen not to refund you

:colbert:

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Lol good on Costco for doing that.

It is totally selfish and a little insane to turn infectious disease, a major public health issue, into a civil rights or personal liberties issue.

Like that one nurse a while ago who complained about her quarantine for a couple of weeks after traveling from an Ebola-stricken area in Africa back to her home in the US. Just totally inappropriate. You know, we are living in a society here!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

DNK posted:

fwiw, my global operations strategy professor was saying the TP shortage had very little to do with supply chain failure and everything to do with product/customer alignment.

The immediate and severe demand reduction in “commercial” toilet paper (businesses, restaurants, hotels, etc) put commercial TP manufacturing on hold while domestic TP (plush, five-ply, soft, whatever) was ridiculously under capacity.

Then it became a bit of a self-fulfilling phenomenon where as soon it was hinted that there was a supply shortage, a run on TP began which amplified the manufacturing product/customer mismatch; supply chains had to be rerouted and lower-grade, unbranded TP had to be parceled out from 40-pack boxes into 6-pack shrink and logistics shifted from Sysco to Kroger (etc).

There will probably be a HBR case study about it for future SCO peeps to write papers about.

TP is also really bulky, so if 5 packs of the 10 or 12 they can fit on the shelf when stocking is gone the shelf looks emptier than it actually is, so people assume there’s not much left and panic, etc etc.

Re: maskchat, I did my biweekly grocery shop at two stores yesterday and yelled at 4 people total who weren’t wearing masks (now required indoors in my state). One of them bitched but ultimately put on the mask he had hanging around his neck, two said they just forgot and apologized, and the last one, a white male boomer, first said “I don’t subscribe to that religion” and then when I passed him again (and scolded him again) likened the mask ordinance to Nazi Germany. Cool.

Honestly I’ve been enjoying harassing strangers about their mask usage, I finally get to use my Karen tendencies for good!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

silence_kit posted:

Lol good on Costco for doing that.

It is totally selfish and a little insane to turn infectious disease, a major public health issue, into a civil rights or personal liberties issue.

Like that one nurse a while ago who complained about her quarantine for a couple of weeks after traveling from an Ebola-stricken area in Africa back to her home in the US. Just totally inappropriate. You know, we are living in a society here!

That's probably not real btw. It's probably Hope That Helps. A FB page that creates profiles JUST close enough to the real thing to seem real and they call dumb customers of places out on poo poo.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Quote is not edit, sorry!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Costco: We've chosen not to refund you

:colbert:

Alright

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Manuel Calavera posted:

Some poor employee is going to be murdered by someone who thinks their FREEDUMS are being imposed upon. Because said employee dared to try to kick them out from buying their Starbucks or McDonald's... :sigh:
https://kfor.com/news/local/at-least-2-people-taken-to-hospital-following-shooting-in-oklahoma-city/

I do not want to bring this thread down when the subject is CostCo but this already happened in Michigan at another store:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52540266

People are loving insane, and I am appreciative of CostCo for telling them off, even if it is just a fake profile doing the actual hassling.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Manuel Calavera posted:

Some poor employee is going to be murdered by someone who thinks their FREEDUMS are being imposed upon. Because said employee dared to try to kick them out from buying their Starbucks or McDonald's... :sigh:
https://kfor.com/news/local/at-least-2-people-taken-to-hospital-following-shooting-in-oklahoma-city/

Shooter looks sassy af tho
https://www.koco.com/amp/article/po...closed/32403518

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Bibliotechno Music posted:

TP is also really bulky, so if 5 packs of the 10 or 12 they can fit on the shelf when stocking is gone the shelf looks emptier than it actually is, so people assume there’s not much left and panic, etc etc.

Re: maskchat, I did my biweekly grocery shop at two stores yesterday and yelled at 4 people total who weren’t wearing masks (now required indoors in my state). One of them bitched but ultimately put on the mask he had hanging around his neck, two said they just forgot and apologized, and the last one, a white male boomer, first said “I don’t subscribe to that religion” and then when I passed him again (and scolded him again) likened the mask ordinance to Nazi Germany. Cool.

Honestly I’ve been enjoying harassing strangers about their mask usage, I finally get to use my Karen tendencies for good!

I hope someone with a screw loose doesn't punch you in the mouth.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

poverty goat posted:

make your own dumplings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKzg4La4C3Q

once you dumpling you can dump anything

https://thewoksoflife.com/category/recipes/dumplings/ especially the sichuan spicy wontons
https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/03/how-to-make-japanese-gyoza-dumplings.html
https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/03/dumpling-types-around-the-world.html
etc

especially if you've got kids around you are making a criminal mistake by not putting them to work making dumplings for dinner

Does Costco carry gyoza?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Using canned tuna for anything other than tuna salad sandwiches is an affront.

Blame yourself or god.

It is awesome in CrabTunacakes.

Alan Smithee posted:

TP has reached equilibrium

it's the yeast that is getting pwned

Get wine yeast. Had to convince my wife to use a packet of the stuff I have on hand for mead, and she was troubled that it may not work the same, but worked fine. Really, I think it is only special because of it's specific alcohol tolerance.

Plus you can make your own alcohol, so there is that.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 7, 2020

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
prisoners regularly use bread yeast to make toilet wine so it works either way

I would assume that alcohol yeasts have higher tolerances, yeah, and probably are more exotic strains and more tightly controlled production.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Paul MaudDib posted:

I would assume that alcohol yeasts have higher tolerances, yeah, and probably are more exotic strains and more tightly controlled production.

This is what I tossed to her to use:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019P8RX4S/?coliid=IU70HBATP7DZY&colid=1WIY1CBETXXQ5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

$12 for a 10-pack.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

If you're making pruno you probably don't have access to any kind of yeast, so you use moldy bread instead.

Do not make pruno. If you do make pruno, do not drink it. If you do drink it, please post about it.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I would be careful doing this.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Don't try to outcrazy the crazies.

There's always a bigger crazy

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
People are getting shot over this, Karen.

This is America. Everyone has a gun, and no one can afford mental health care.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Mateo's Gourmet Salsa is a game changer

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

ElGroucho posted:

Mateo's Gourmet Salsa is a game changer

Can confirm this. That stuff kicks rear end.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honestly Ive been enjoying harassing strangers about their mask usage, I finally get to use my Karen tendencies for good!

Next time I gotta go grocery shopping, I'm gonna put my hospital ID to good use to yell at anyone not wearing a mask. Thank you for the idea.

e - or...yeah maybe not...
I'm also gonna go with the cynical view about the last two posted articles that they wouldn't have shared mugshots if it was a white person/family but like I said I'm hella cynical.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 8, 2020

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Hasselblad posted:

Does Costco carry gyoza?

A few types actually.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

GORDON posted:

People are getting shot over this, Karen.

This is America. Everyone has a gun, and no one can afford mental health care.

Every single shooting so far has been in poo poo areas and usually Costco avoids those

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

JK Fresco posted:

Every single shooting so far has been in poo poo areas and usually Costco avoids those

Someone said they found Clorox wipes in Richmond, CA which is where college kids wound up when they want to go to the wrong side of town

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Just reading the articles, they are typical ghetto crimes and only get reported now because of the corona link

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

Just reading the articles, they are typical ghetto crimes and only get reported now because of the corona link

What’s a typical ghetto crime jk? Please share with the class.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Get kicked out of club/store, go get a gun, come back and shoot the bouncer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

This is exclusive to,race, ok.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Of course it's a race. If you're not the first one back they'll already be shot.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

This is exclusive to,race, ok.

I said it was for bad neighborhoods and nothing about race

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
If youve ever lived there you'd know what exactly what im talking about

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Well, the world turns
And a hungry little goon with empty cart
Walks down the aisles looking where to start
In the Costco (in the Costco)

And his hunger burns
So he starts to shop and dreaming of a dog
And he pushes and yells at a maskless mob

Then in the back at the TP station
A young man yells again
Karen pulls out a gun, shoots him down
DA won't press charges, she's the mayor in this town
And his mama cries

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone said they found Clorox wipes in Richmond, CA which is where college kids wound up when they want to go to the wrong side of town

Eh, that Costco is barely in Richmond. I called it the El Cerrito costco up until a year ago, when I actually looked at the costco app and saw it was in Richmond.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

JK Fresco posted:

JK Fresco posted:

JK Fresco posted:

JK Fresco posted:

I said it was for bad neighborhoods and nothing about race

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JK Fresco posted:

If youve ever lived there you'd know what exactly what im talking about

Just wanna chime in and say that there’s nothing “typical” about returning to shoot up the store you got kicked out of in “the ghetto.”

But this series of posts is pretty typical from white dudes who lived *nearby to a majority-minority neighborhood for two years after college or whatever, and want you to think they’re experts on “how cities work” now because they were vaguely menaced by a homeless guy one time at night.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

StormDrain posted:

Well, the world turns
And a hungry little goon with empty cart
Walks down the aisles looking where to start

And his hunger burns
So he starts to shop and dreaming of a dog
And he pushes and yells at a maskless mob

Then in the back at the TP station
A young man yells again
Karen pulls out a gun, shoots him down
DA won't press charges, she's the mayor in this town
And his mama cries

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Ok Comboomer posted:

Just wanna chime in and say that there’s nothing “typical” about returning to shoot up the store you got kicked out of in “the ghetto.”

But this series of posts is pretty typical from white dudes who lived *nearby to a majority-minority neighborhood for two years after college or whatever, and want you to think they’re experts on “how cities work” now because they were vaguely menaced by a homeless guy one time at night.

It's someones rereg, best to put them on ignore and let them scream into the void.