Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Elon memes should be firing up again shortly, he just did Joe Rogan again. It was in my news feed, I have no desire to watch/listen as twitter should be making GBS threads itself over every detail shortly.

Joe Rogan is bigfoot and aliens for me. I don't recommend the rabbit hole otherwise. Get Elon talking about his alien homeworld in a six minute clip and I might watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

shame on an IGA posted:

Plandemic already has infected the timeline of literally everyone I know under 30, good call on this new and highly virulent flavor of stupid being laser targeted at zoomers and wine moms

It's the new Loose Change. Also saw an old chief of mine bitching about how people who got out need to reread their oaths because they are still liable for all their "anti-POTUS anti-AMERICA, acting like they're using their freedom of speech" comments. I bet I could go back a few years and find a lot of comments from him bad mouthing Obama but whatever, I'm not touching the poop.

I did come close though when I preemptively told someone in person about "this dumb poo poo video going around about a discredited scientist who falsified test results and was arrested for stealing from her employer claiming Dr Fauci was behind a grand conspiracy."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The RW actively destroying america would be a lot better if you knew it wouldn't eventually escalate to pogroms

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There was a lot of talk that in the case of the Georgia Ahmaud Arbery murder that the DA was going to go the slow route with a Grand Jury, which will take months in the lockdown.

Nope. They were both arrested. Murder and aggravated assault. Only needed a loving video to charge a goddamn lynching in the south.

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-05-06/ahmaud-arbery-death-investigation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The last few years have definitely been a crack ping moment for me in realizing that the US is no poo poo for real an empire in decline and the structural problems are so deep that it would require a new generation to spend all their efforts fixing the problems they inherited while the rest of the world (China, mainly) fills in the void left over.

Anyway lol

https://twitter.com/MarkAgee/status/1258296086566854656?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

There was a lot of talk that in the case of the Georgia Ahmaud Arbery murder that the DA was going to go the slow route with a Grand Jury, which will take months in the lockdown.

Nope. They were both arrested. Murder and aggravated assault. Only needed a loving video to charge a goddamn lynching in the south.

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-05-06/ahmaud-arbery-death-investigation

The state patrol got control of the case yesterday and less than 24 hours later they were in jail for murder. Sadly nothing is going to happen to the local yokels that tried to make it go away.

quote:

This case is being investigated in partnership with District Attorney Tom Durden.

On May 5th, 2020, District Attorney Tom Durden formally requested the GBI investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery. The Kingsland Office initiated an investigation on May 6th, 2020.

On April 29th, 2020, the Glynn County Police Department (GCPD) requested that the GBI investigate allegations of threats against GCPD and individuals involved in the active investigation.

On the morning of May 5th, 2020, GCPD requested the GBI investigate the public release of video related to Arbery’s death.

Hopefully that last one doesn't go anywhere.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Eej posted:

The last few years have definitely been a crack ping moment for me in realizing that the US is no poo poo for real an empire in decline and the structural problems are so deep that it would require a new generation to spend all their efforts fixing the problems they inherited while the rest of the world (China, mainly) fills in the void left over.

Yeah, again, this isn't likely to happen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
GBI arrested the two guys who shot that jogger. Not before every DA in that area tried to air the kids dirty laundry, of course....

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/st...umber%3D232pti7

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
It’s really hosed up that it took until now to arrest these fucks. All praise to the GBI on that one I guess.

There’s already talk of how the jogger (The word they use ends in gger too, but I don’t want to quote them) was likely part of a string of recent burglaries and other pure strain horse poo poo.

I really, really, really, need the state of Georgia to put a needle in both of their arms and send them on to the next life. If anyone but a white old cop and his son had pulled this poo poo they’d certainly get the death penalty.

On the whole I’m generally against the death penalty, but I make exemptions. Consider these men exempted.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I can assure you georgia will find bold new ways to disappoint

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

yeah google Genarlo Wilson

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Still going to be a local jury probably and not guilty via the reasoning “they had it coming” still happens.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Right wing shitbags like Andy Ngo are already sounding the “he was no angel” trumpet so you can expect the right wing media to earnestly argue that he had it coming anyhow despite being unarmed and very much not committing a crime at the time when he was shot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Burn Georgia down again.

Oh wait, coronavirus will do that soon enough.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Burn Georgia down again.

Oh wait, coronavirus will do that soon enough.

The problem with that is Coronavirus has been disproportionately affecting black people in Georgia. Getting enough of it to gently caress up the fuckheads will cause a massive amount of deaths in the Black community.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I just want it to run through conservative whitetopias there, where Jesus is the cure and infection parties are probably about to be the rage.

Goddamnit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ManMythLegend posted:

I appreciated this post.

I did not get that post :(

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It was such an action packed eventful Thursday that we didn't even notice Trump telling MBS to go gently caress himself. Guess he shouldn't have gone cheap on The Orb.

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Thomamelas posted:

The problem with that is Coronavirus has been disproportionately affecting black people in Georgia. Getting enough of it to gently caress up the fuckheads will cause a massive amount of deaths in the Black community.

This was known extremely early on and is one of the reasons they were so hellbent on impeding any progress. It is absolutely, 100% a prelude of things to come

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/jangelooff/status/1258525302705160193

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lol

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Building a summoning circle for Chairman Mao's ghost rn.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I did not get that post :(

https://youtu.be/OdKpr6UqgR0

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Remember that one Eddie Murphy SNL sketch about poetry? Yeah.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

It was such an action packed eventful Thursday that we didn't even notice Trump telling MBS to go gently caress himself. Guess he shouldn't have gone cheap on The Orb.

This likely has a lot more to do with boring reasons like deploy to dwell ratios, support to testing/modernization, etc, than it does with political jockeying.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, I just want it to run through conservative whitetopias there, where Jesus is the cure and infection parties are probably about to be the rage.

Goddamnit.

I suspect when the Golden Corrals reopen, that will help accelerate your wish.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Golden Corrals draw people from all walks of life. Buffet knows no race.

Lots of really white baptist and evangelical churches there though, so there's still hope it ravages the communities ignoring it the most.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I hope landlords get hosed, I've had multiple and not a loving one has been better than "pay on time and fight me for any repair that you cant do yourself, and oh yea we paved over parking spaces for more storage units that wont ever get used so now you are limites to one car per unit or else we tow. Also were hiking your rent by 30% next year"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Have they tried not eating so much avocado toast? Maybe getting a second first job?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I was stuck in Evansville Indiana once for business, I had to go to a Golden Corral. It was, well, something.

And I'm from goddamn Milwaukee, we aren't exactly "coastal elites" here (we're coastal but it's Third Coast, you know)?

They do have all-you-can-eat ice cream, that's a plus.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
SOMEONE'S LOOKING TO BE THE NEW NUMBER ONE CONTENDER

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1258770798564855817?s=19

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Plandemic already has infected the timeline of literally everyone I know under 30, good call on this new and highly virulent flavor of stupid being laser targeted at zoomers and wine moms

This poo poo started showing up on YouTube and other poo poo for me, what the gently caress is going on with people? loving hell I'm gonna have to deal with idiots coworkers over this won't I?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Schadenboner posted:

I was stuck in Evansville Indiana once for business, I had to go to a Golden Corral. It was, well, something.

And I'm from goddamn Milwaukee, we aren't exactly "coastal elites" here (we're coastal but it's Third Coast, you know)?

They do have all-you-can-eat ice cream, that's a plus.

The liquid chocolate fountain brings in all walks of life and their children. It whispers to people from the commercials, "gorge yourself upon my bounty of watered down cocoa and bacteria spread within by the toddlers of my followers."

I haven't been in a Golden Corral in over a decade. I assume not much has changed. Roy Woods Jr has stories about working at Golden Corral, and it sounds as bad as I imagined it would when I still cooked in bars. There are worse places, surely, but that's no reason to settle on Golden Corral for dinner unless you're planning on developing cardiovascular problems or the Wilford Brimleys.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The liquid chocolate fountain brings in all walks of life and their children. It whispers to people from the commercials, "gorge yourself upon my bounty of watered down cocoa and bacteria spread within by the toddlers of my followers."

The siren song of Papa Nurgle

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I haven't been in a Golden Corral in over a decade. I assume not much has changed. Roy Woods Jr has stories about working at Golden Corral, and it sounds as bad as I imagined it would when I still cooked in bars. There are worse places, surely, but that's no reason to settle on Golden Corral for dinner unless you're planning on developing cardiovascular problems or the Wilford Brimleys.

My per diem was like 6 bucks a day, it was the cheapest place in town.

:shrug:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Taco Bell dollar menu is the poor mans' friend.

Lol $6/day per diem.

I should have said, settle on for dinner regularly. I'm sure the occasional buffet session is fine. It's the people choosing to eat there 2+ times a week that baffle me (and block my path in the walmart).

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 8, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Happy V-E day, you dinguses!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A reminder of one of the greatest SA posts ever:

By JonathonSpectre:

"Why all the Golden Corral hate? Golden Corral is honestly better than a loving movie.

I have a friend named Bruce. Bruce looks to be some kind of honest-to-God pirate at first glance, and I mean Captain Jack Sparrow's crew pirate, and the ornery, mean old loving pirate you'd never, ever want to mess with because he'd bite your God-damned nose off and eat it. He's also wildly into K-pop, choreographs his own dance routines to it, and in the last year or two has started just basically eating like a Korean, which apparently means shitloads of vegetables and cabbage. Anyway, Bruce goes to Golden Corral like 2x a week, which I thought was kind of strange due to his new health kick, so finally I asked him about it.

"Dude," he said. "Golden Corral has a shitload of vegetables, and their cabbage is great. But you're missing the point. You don't go to Golden Corral just for the food, JS. It's loving dinner theater."

And you know what? He's right. For $12 you can sit and watch some of the most hilarious, downright hellishly gluttonous behavior you will see outside the Plane of Fat in the Demonic Abyss. I went with him one time and laughed so hard at some of the poo poo on display that now I go with him about once a month, get a big plate of steak and another big plate of salad, stake out a spot where you can see most of the buffets (and oh for loving sure the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL) and just observe the kind of unbelievably self-indulgent (and self-destructive) poo poo that would make a European or Southeast Asian's person head explode off their shoulders in horror and make someone with a "sick sad world" sense of humor laugh their rear end off.

Someone, say, like me.

For example, the very first time I went with Bruce I was witness to "the recon." This is a real thing, and what I am about to describe is not an isolated incident, no sirree. Humongously fat people will literally go scout the buffet. Now, I think we all do this to some extent at a buffet, in the "Hmm, what do they have to eat here?" glance-while-walking-to-the-table sense, but this is done with military precision, people. I've watched with my own eyes three people, all of whom were 300 lbs+, meet briefly and talk, then split up and go to the buffets, carefully eyeballing each selection, lips moving, fingers pointing, as if cataloging the unearthly delights that await them, then loving meeting back up in the same place to discuss what they saw and plan an attack. I'm serious. They were like 10 feet away.

"Guys it looks like the fried chicken tonight is coming out pretty fast, pretty sure that stuff's going to be good, but the rotisserie is just kind of hanging out. Pulled pork was kind of crusty but I think if we dug down a bit there's good stuff there. There was a bit of a crust on the edge of the brown gravy and someone dropped some loving broccoli in it but the white gravy's looking fine. Outside of that, hot bar A looks good. And of course the bourbon chicken looks good as always."

"Fantastic. Well, the guy cooking the steaks told me they are busting open a new box in about 20 minutes, so we should probably lay off that until then. I noticed there was a lot of bacon in the green beans right now so that should probably be one of our first stops. The mac and cheese tonight also looks loving delicious, it's got a nice crust unlike that bullshit last week when it was practically yellow water, so we need to move on that. It looks like they recently changed out the taco stuff, especially the nacho cheese, it looks brand new, so, take that for what it's worth."

"Well I've got bad news guys, from what I could see it looks like tonight's a no chocolate cake night, they only have that loving one that has those fake cherries on top, and we all know how that fucks things up."

>groans all around<

"But it's not that big a deal because they just put out rice krispies with chocolate coating and the girl said they've got tons of them. They've also got those sugar cookies and some fudge brownies that look all right, and all the other pie poo poo they usually have."

"OK, so green beans, fried chicken, the mac and cheese, the white gravy, those are tonight's superstars. Let's go."

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. I expected a loving Wonder Twin powers-esque ring bump at this point, but instead they just all fled to a plate dispenser and began loading the gently caress out of their plates. It really reminds me of nothing so much as when people like, discuss what's going on with their favorite sports teams. Except with food.

This is also when I first experienced the phenomenon of the "multiplate."

Now, your average person will take a plate to the buffet, fill it with food, and go back to their table and eat. But, you see, that person understands that when they are done eating, if they want more, there will be more food available at that time. But the multiplater wants to hedge its bets. What if, between that first and second trip to the buffet, the restaurant suddenly ran completely the gently caress out of food? Like, not even mints by the cash register or gum in the quarter machines? WHAT THEN? Your deliciousness per second (DPS... sorry) will go down!

It doesn't bear thinking about. Now it's unlikely, gentlemen, but not impossible, so as we are smart consumers, we're going to guard against the possibility. So let's each go get three complete plates of food and come back to the table.

Now I'm not talking a meal plate and a salad plate, as I mentioned before I myself do that every time I go to watch this... whatever the gently caress it is, Theater of the Grotesque, I guess. But just imagine for a moment going up to the buffet and getting a plate loaded down with actual loving rib-sticking food. 3-4 chicken wings and legs, a big-rear end helping of mac and cheese, some mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, two corns on the cob, and a yeast roll or two, then taking it back to your table. Time to eat, right? WRONG. DIPSHIT. WHAT IF THEY RUN OUT OF FOOD WHILE YOU ARE EATING YOU GOD-DAMNED NINNY? WHAT ABOUT YOUR DPS?

So you just set this completely full plate down and go get another one, and again you just completely fill the gently caress out of it with food. A couple of steaks, a pile of pulled pork, a rice mountain topped with sugary chicken (MOUNT BOURBON), and a couple of smoked sausages with nacho cheese on them, then you take that back to your table.

You now have enough food at your table, JUST ON YOUR PLATES, to feed an entire platoon of ten year-olds who have been playing all day. Time to sit down and pig the gently caress out. WRONG. DIPSHIT. WHAT IF THEY RUN OUT OF FOOD NOW? YOU'VE ONLY GOT LITERALLY TEN OR FIFTEEN THOUSAND CALORIES ON YOUR PLATE, YOU'RE PRACTICALLY GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH. IF YOU DON'T KEEP YOUR DPS UP WE'LL HAVE TO KICK YOU OUT OF THE GUILD DUDE.

So again you set your second completely full plate down and go back AGAIN. I dunno what the gently caress you get this time, since you already have basically everything they serve, but on one multiplate I watched a dude walk(?) to the salad bar and create the following salad:

1 giant ladle of blue cheese dressing directly onto the plate
Multiple giant scoops of shredded cheese on top of this
Multiple giant scoops of those weird ham cube-bits on top of this
Multiple giant scoops of bacon bits on top of this
Multiple giant scoops of boiled egg crumbles on top of this
An enormous pile of croutons
A giant scoop of mushrooms (I think this "made it healthy" because mushrooms are like a fish or something and fish is negative calorie superfood?)
2 giant ladles of blue cheese dressing on top

Just think about that for a loving minute. OK, frankly, it sounds pretty delicious, but holy poo poo how horrid does something like that have to be for you? Imagine trying to poo poo that out a few hours down the line. But now you have your third plate, and so now you can at least quiet the yammering fear that you won't get to eat everything in the entire God-damned place before it closes down for the night, and at last you can finally start to eat.

Again, this is not fantasy. I've watched this multiple times. I've seen a woman so fat she had to use a walker to move sit by herself at a 4-person table and completely cover the surface of it with plates of food before she started eating, and she cleaned every last one of them. It has the same uneasy, somehow alien fascination of seeing a car wreck, or a really hosed-up porn where the chick is wearing spider prosthetics and hissing all the loving time. You're like, am I really supposed to be entertained by this? I kind of feel bad, and sort of weird, but... I mean, just loving look at it. It's brutal, unchained nihilism unfettered from any concept of moderation or shame or self-preservation and frankly it's kind of fascinating watching someone deliberately say "gently caress any sort of a comfortable life, WHERE IS THE THOUSAND ISLAND CONTAINER?"

So what I'm trying to say is, Golden Corral really is cheap dinner theater, and believe it or not you can actually eat there without consuming ten thousand+ calories if you just eat a steak strip or two and some salad or potatoes or something.

Oh, and did I mention the Chocolate Wonderfall? Well, frankly, if you dare to use that loving thing I salute you, because it wouldn't surprise me to find a live octopus in it. This is already too long for a dumb post about obsessive fatties at Golden Corral, but if I get a chance later I might type up some of the poo poo I've seen people do with that thing.

BTW as a disclaimer I'm a 220-lb dude (6'2" though so I don't look too monstrous) who has spent his whole life losing and then gaining weight. I know it's extremely tough to do, and it's REALLY tough to keep doing and maintain it, but there's a big difference between "I'm overweight, try my best, run 4 times a week, and occasionally overindulge in an entire tub of scoop n' eat cheesecake filling" and sticking your face to the loving ears into the Chocolate Wonderfall and sucking like Cygnus X-1 till security gets there with the the bullropes.

I hope someone liked reading that as much as I liked writing it."

Part II:
Bruce told me about the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL one night on the way to GC. "Dude, they have like this chocolate river thing now, you'll see."

"Is it good?"

"No, dude. No. Just watch."

Now, they have a person who stands in the dessert section who is supposed to, I guess, guard the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL? But they are not always there, and occasionally disappear into the back of the restaurant to do whatever it is that is done back there. This is as effective as any guard who is randomly gone. But in case user 'goldencorral' is in this thread, I will say that every gross/unsanitary thing I've seen regarding the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL has taken place when this person, who I will call Deputy Sweeto, was gone.

Now, if you watched that commercial, you saw the way people are actually supposed to engage with the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL. Take a piece of something that would be good with chocolate, stick it on a skewer, stick it under the chocolate, you are done. Put it on a plate so it doesn't drop all over the place, go back to your seat, eat, enjoy, go home. Fifty return trips to the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL optional, but necessary.

So here are some things I've seen people do with the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL. Note that the real threat to the integrity of the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL is not adults, who although they may do disgusting and unhealthy things to it (such as using, say, actual loving fudge as the material to be chocolate-covered) most of them are conscientious enough to not be unsanitary.

Oh, but unattended children, they Do. Not. Give. A. gently caress. And believe me, at GC there's going to be some unattended children, because mommy and daddy are trying to get their DPS up people, and paying attention to their precious living things might result in someone else getting more of the mac and cheese crust covering by delaying their second multiplate.

Chocolate chicken leg: This is what I saw the first time I went there and just before the only time I contemplated chocolating something up. Just as I was about to get up, I watched a little kid, probably about 6-7 years old, walk up to the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL and stick a fried chicken leg in it.

Now, frankly, this is loving hilarious. Just really think for a minute about seeing this, the little dude just staggering over to the chocolate and plunging a fried chicken leg into it. There's no question at this point that little bits of fried batter are getting knocked off by the power of the WONDERFALL and merging with the chocolate, and I know there's nothing I'd like better on a strawberry than some soggy, chocolate-infused fried chicken coating. So already Bruce and I are laughing so loving hard we're practically injuring ourselves, but this gets better. After thoroughly chocolating this chicken leg, the kid yanks it out from under the WONDERFALL, makes no attempt to put a plate under it or anything, and turns and walks away from the thing, trailing the chicken leg at his side like a caveman's club.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That will never get old