Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Avian Pneumonia posted:

What are one's options for watching games other than those broadcast by ESPN?

You can watch replay of the games on Twitch through https://twitch.tv/kbo1 to kbo5. The commentary is in Korean.

They used to show it live through Twitch but that may be region locked now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

My desire to root for the Lions because I have a hat from them because I liked their logo is going poorly. I hope that people still watch when MLB comes back.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

TV Zombie posted:

I hope that people still watch when MLB comes back.

lol everybody's gonna drop this poo poo the second manfred says game on

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
My choice of the Giants is paying off! 3-0! Julio Franco can teach anyone to hit.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

habeasdorkus posted:

My choice of the Giants is paying off! 3-0! Julio Franco can teach anyone to hit.

I just wish ESPN would air a game with them :argh:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I enjoyed the interview with Eric Thames, he came off as a likeable guy, so that tipped the scales to root for the Dinos for me.

Not a big deal but with that in mind, in the OP I guess it's Eric Thames that played for the Dinos, It says Marcus Thames, who played for the Tigers and Yankees and is a different guy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GODDAMMIT

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Twenty Four posted:

I enjoyed the interview with Eric Thames, he came off as a likeable guy, so that tipped the scales to root for the Dinos for me.

Not a big deal but with that in mind, in the OP I guess it's Eric Thames that played for the Dinos, It says Marcus Thames, who played for the Tigers and Yankees and is a different guy.

i noticed this and thought it might just be a Melvin/B.J. deal and i hadn't been paying attention for long enough to remember that his name used to be Marcus

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What is this talk about virtual seats in the stadium? I wish Perez would explain this more because I don’t understand him.

Lions finally looking to get that win!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wow, Preston Tucker is playing for the Kia Tigers? Cool!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh poo poo, i didn't realize that seunghwan oh was in the KBO.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

these announcers loving blow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KOREAN BAEZ

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

R.D. Mangles posted:

these announcers loving blow

I wonder how much of it is that they are literally just talking over someone else's broadcast

I am genuinely surprised with all the money ESPN has that they cannot manage to get their own feed of the game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wonder how much of it is that they are literally just talking over someone else's broadcast

I am genuinely surprised with all the money ESPN has that they cannot manage to get their own feed of the game

It's probably not worth it for them. The time and expense it'd take just to get a feed of a league nobody's going to watch as soon as the MLB starts wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DJExile posted:

It's probably not worth it for them. The time and expense it'd take just to get a feed of a league nobody's going to watch as soon as the MLB starts wouldn't make a lot of sense.

On the other hand, its literally the only live sports anywhere

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am thinking of literally keeping track of how often the announcers actually talk about what is happening on the field

It has to be like once every 11 or 12 pitches and maybe like 1 hit a inning

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

halfway through the loving game and they just learned how to say the players names ffs

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The battle of the cats.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow that was a nice pick and throw by the short stop.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So many interviews

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Popete posted:

Wow that was a nice pick and throw by the short stop.

you are paying more attention to the game than the announcers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is loving maddening, you've got a guy who pitched a few years there and you're just asking him about making the majors. i don't loving care about josh lindblom. tell me about the players you played with. give us some scouting reports on the people who are in this game. there's only ten teams, you know these players! please give me some loving idea about who these players are and what's happening in the game i'm loving watching right now, i don't give a poo poo about your Journey To THe Majors this is so hosed, just call the loving baseball game i'm losing it

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah seriously, it's annoying hearing the constant comparisons to MLB and how every foreign player is just yearning to get back. We know this isn't the MLB, show us what is different and who the big stars are.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the funniest part is when the guy they were interviewing is like "You are only in Korea if you fail" and its like for fucks sake way to get us interested

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tyler Slamadino

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A homerun!

Ok Josh and now back to how you were a failure and had to go to the KBO.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, even if you don't know anything about Korean baseball you can at least talk about what the pitcher is probably gonna try and do with the count or whatever

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If I were the KBO I'd ask ESPN to stop denigrating their league or lose streaming rights.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BOY I SURE LOVE HEARING ABOUT THROWING A BALL AT A NET

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't speak a word of korean but those twitch replays have got to be way better just because they actually are about the game

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't speak a word of korean but those twitch replays have got to be way better just because they actually are about the game

It reminds me of watching American commentary on lucha libre vs. the mexican commentary

But at least the American commentary there has the hosts eat shrooms before the event

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

On the other hand, its literally the only live sports anywhere

Korean soccer also started today but there is no USA broadcaster.

I thought the announcers were trying to acclimate the western audience to the game with all these interviews but man... if they are showing disrespect as posts have mentioned... gently caress off espn.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sciambi is literally talking about his bobbleheads

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Haha boy these asians love their silly bat flips of course if this was real baseball we would call it disrespectful but this is just fun silly Asia baseball it's like the circus

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cool, very interested in your office memorabilia well watching this baseball game

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

To give the announcers a break, they might not be used to waking up so early to broadcast games so that's why they are crap now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ok this one dude actually calling pitches based on stance is cool but of course he is only doing it for the American

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tyler salad growing out the lettuce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

psyer posted:

You can watch replay of the games on Twitch through https://twitch.tv/kbo1 to kbo5. The commentary is in Korean.

They used to show it live through Twitch but that may be region locked now.

It's region-locked in Canada, at least, and we don't even get ESPN. Which is actually why I came to this thread: I'm bored and I crave watching sport, is there any way to watch KBO live and legitimately in Canada? I'll pay money at this point.