Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Holy gently caress, it's everything I ever wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

drat didn't even unbookmark it for a whole month

quarantine's making it hard on everyone though, i get it

dis astranagant posted:

The mod framework itself won't be updated at launch so modders really don't have much of a chance as far as head starts go.

right, gotcha, i missed that somewhere. i guess that's probably what the other guy meant by tmodloader coming 'eventually', sorry for being lovely about it

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ambaire posted:

you can even wield one like this in the current version! just slide open the inventory screen and enable your item's BOFA

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

you can even wield one like this in the current version! just slide open the inventory screen and enable your item's BOFA
I can't find that, is it anywhere near the Henway?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

what’s inventory screen?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'm pretty sure you need to equip the DEEZ NUTS accessory to enable BOFA.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ambaire posted:

I like how they demonstrated it by stabbing in the dick.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Journey mode explained:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/with-great-power-comes-great-accessibility-introducing-terrarias-new-journey-mode.88233/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M01jQ2XRqfE

It's basically cheat sheet but you've got to unlock the items.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
It’s a lot more than cheat sheet. (Unless I don’t remember all the things cheat sheet does.) It’s also builder/peaceful mode, plus weather control, spawn rates, invincibility, enhanced placement rates for building cool stuff.

Looks incredible!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Is the drop date still slated for the 16th?

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

crestfallen posted:

It’s a lot more than cheat sheet. (Unless I don’t remember all the things cheat sheet does.) It’s also builder/peaceful mode, plus weather control, spawn rates, invincibility, enhanced placement rates for building cool stuff.

Looks incredible!

Cheat sheet actually does a lot that's still unique, like manual spawning of enemies and npcs, the ability to just kill everything on screen instantly, give yourself extra accessory slots, vacuum every item onscreen, make the entire screen visible regardless of light, and give you quick teleports to spawn, the dungeon, the temple, and hell as well as a random teleport. its got enough unique its probably still worth having anyways but journey also has its own unique features so having both at once is actually not pointless, though the teleport's are probably mostly pointless now with npc happiness..

Also looking at that I absolutely am going to probably play journey mode at some point later because it seems hand made both for cool creative building and obsessive collectors, which I both enjoy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cheat Sheet's vacuum actually hits every item lying around in the entire world.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
In Journey mode can I, as a multiplayer-host, mess with my friends by changing the difficulty slider at certain moments to give them a challenge? Is it possible for just the host to have access to the slider?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i think so yeah but they can just turn on god mode so there really isn’t a point

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It'd be nice if there was a mode where only the host has any of those buttons.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Zereth posted:

Cheat Sheet's vacuum actually hits every item lying around in the entire world.

I know it's cheating (d'uh it's in the name) but I still use vacuum constantly

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Dackel posted:

I know it's cheating (d'uh it's in the name) but I still use vacuum constantly

Same. The number of times I've used it and gotten rare monster drops from stuff I haven't even killed is pretty great. It's fun looking through your inventory after using it and going "I know I haven't killed the Rune Wizard at all in this world, so where did his robe and hat come from?"

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Sometimes I use the vaccuum in our large multiplayer worlds to make sure we're not nearing the item limit. Probably being overly cautious, but I never know who was just blast mining through poo poo with a full inventory and leaving piles of dirt on the ground (besides me).

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
30x spawn rate blood moon, kill all hostile NPCs, vacuum, dance all night.

Seriously, though, vacuum has gotten me all the cobwebs and fallen stars I could ever need.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So where can I find a list that just breaks down everything being added that we know about so far? I feel like I've seen/heard bits and pieces but yeah.

Edit: naturally I found one right after I posted.

Journey mode looks cool, but it would seem I will once again need a mod to make the expert and now master mode drops occur in normal. I don't like the idea that I'm missing cool content because I'm bad at the game. Hell, if anything I need the extra content BECAUSE I'm bad at the game.

Saxophone fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 8, 2020

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I dunno about list but you can scroll through the news posts on the main website for everything important thats getting changes. I think actual new items are being kept as suprises aside from the few we know of.

Edit: and I just noticed your edit after I posted so now i feel like a goob

They did just post this, at least
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mythical-beasts-where-to-farm-them-exploring-terrarias-bestiary.88471/

Zoig fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 8, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Zoig posted:

I dunno about list but you can scroll through the news posts on the main website for everything important thats getting changes. I think actual new items are being kept as suprises aside from the few we know of.

Edit: and I just noticed your edit after I posted so now i feel like a goob

They did just post this, at least
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mythical-beasts-where-to-farm-them-exploring-terrarias-bestiary.88471/

I feel weird about how excited I am to play Terraria in 2020

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Last time I played this game was 2015. I had a nice time playing through most of it with my little sister and we both shared a lot of laughs and good times.

I asked her if she wanted to do the same thing again in 2020 and she said yes :unsmith:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Hoping we get a bunch of multiplayer servers up for this, since the only friend I have that plays Terraria does so on PS4 and I'm on PC. I'm excited!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Was planning on jumping back into this with some friends for Journey's End and figured we'd actually throw in some mods for once. Based on past updates, anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes for something like Thorium to update for a new patch? Might pass if it's several months or whatever.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Vargs posted:

Was planning on jumping back into this with some friends for Journey's End and figured we'd actually throw in some mods for once. Based on past updates, anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes for something like Thorium to update for a new patch? Might pass if it's several months or whatever.

Now I don't have any actual info, but this is such a huge overhaul that I wouldn't expect any massive mods to be available for awhile.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Peachfart posted:

Hoping we get a bunch of multiplayer servers up for this, since the only friend I have that plays Terraria does so on PS4 and I'm on PC. I'm excited!

I got a hosted server sitting idle for a while now, just haven’t shut it off, but now I probably won’t, I offer the server as tribute to the thread.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
When it finally releases, I would definitely be interested in a (softcore / serverside (maybe?) characters) Master mode large world server. Pretty much the only thing I'm going to be playing single player, at least, until I beat Moon Lord and completely terraform a large world in the process.

If multiplayer, the only thing I'm concerned about is accessory availability. I wonder if it would be worth it to do it in Journey mode instead, assuming the players could agree about restrictions / bans on toggling off Master mode/etc.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I think journey mode sounds like the biz.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vargs posted:

It's probably safe to assume it's gonna be months until even the modloader framework is updated. At that point, mods can start working on patches. They'll also have to account for any balance changes in new items, mechanics, NPCs, enemies, etc. So yeah, I imagine it'll be a long time before any mods come out, at least any major ones.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

It's probably safe to assume it's gonna be months until even the modloader framework is updated. At that point, mods can start working on patches. They'll also have to account for any balance changes in new items, mechanics, NPCs, enemies, etc. So yeah, I imagine it'll be a long time before any mods come out, at least any major ones.

I thought it was coming out with modloader ready to go as an integrated part of the game?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Saxophone posted:

I thought it was coming out with modloader ready to go as an integrated part of the game?

Modloader for 1.3 is coming with the game, not 1.4.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
hosed up how it's actually coming out

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Saxophone posted:

TModloader (in its current, not-updated-for-1.4 form) is being shipped with it. It's not being integrated directly into the game, or being worked on by the Terraria devs.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Had an interesting thing happen today. I'm playing with the DBZ mod among others, and while fighting the Queen Bee I apparently fired a Ki Beam into another hive and broke another larva, summoning a second bee. I didn't even know you could do that.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I regularly have early broken larva while playing with a few mods. I'll be cruising around in copper armor and 180 health in the desert and all of the sudden I'm being divebombed by that drat Beetch.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Poking around Youtube and it recommended to me the original, 1.0 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0

1.4 is going to be on the nine-year anniversary of the game's (non-leaked) release. From there only being three bosses to a ton of events and bosses. Music's still as good as ever.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Geomancing posted:

nine-year anniversary of the game's (non-leaked) release

wait what the gently caress

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Wow that remains a pretty solid introduction to the game for beginners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I bought this for $9.99 USD back on 16/5/11 and feel like I've got decent value for money out of my 300+ hours.

Getting pretty hype to throw another 50 or so at trying to beat Master mode.
As Saxophone said - it would be neat if you could combine the Expert/Master special drops with a Journey Mode game to experience all the new stuff at once, don't know if I'll have the patience to wait for any mods that might do that though and feel like I'll just want to get set into it.