Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

funny how the so called ps4 pro comes with the least pro 'headset' thing ive ever seen. dollar store rear end lookin thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mystes posted:

I just find it really weird that it's being sold as "Final Fantasy VII: Remake" rather than "Final Fantasy VII: Remake Part I" or something. It's basically asking for a class action lawsuit because it would be really easy to buy it assuming that it's the whole thing.

i dont understand this post at all

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DELETE CASCADE posted:

if you played and have deep nostalgia for the original ff7, you are going to love the remake

there are a few parts that feel a little phoned in or drawn out, but the good parts are so good

the music is so good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the ff7r combat is so bad I don’t know how anyone puts up with it. the camera is right over your shoulder so you can’t see the levels and the enemies run around everywhere and the ai is brain dead and I’m glad I played the demo because it made me super hate it so it saved me :20bux::20bux::20bux:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

funny how the so called ps4 pro comes with the least pro 'headset' thing ive ever seen. dollar store rear end lookin thing.

get urself a pair of sennheiser GSP 600’s, op

works with ps4 and PC

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im still salty about the neverending story

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achmed Jones posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

did you know that they really killed the horse

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

i dont understand this post at all
There's a fair number of reviewers on amazon saying they didn't realize there were going to be multiple installments and they thought they were buying a complete remake of the entirety of the original game.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mystes posted:

There's a fair number of reviewers on amazon saying they didn't realize there were going to be multiple installments and they thought they were buying a complete remake of the entirety of the original game.

are you going to sue?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wizard class action

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

they absolutely did not :colbert:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Up until right now I was also unaware that they hadn't remade the entire game.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

President Beep posted:

This was a troll post from these very forums

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Doom Mathematic posted:

Up until right now I was also unaware that they hadn't remade the entire game.

same but I wasn't gonna play it anyway

wasnt there some big AAA title where they ran out of time/money and just went "ship it" and the game just sort of stopped?

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

are you going to sue?
The whole point of class actions is that each individual person doesn't have to sue. I wouldn't have sued audible for their credits expiring or Experian for the data breach but I was part of the class for both of those settlements because I didn't opt out. There are law firms that specialize in class actions and they actively look for stuff like this and try to convince people to sign on as named plaintiffs so they can start lawsuits.

I'm not even saying that it's that unreasonable on the part of Sony because it does seem like there's enough content in it to justify the price, and obviously if it wasn't billed as a remake of ff7 there would be no issue with the fact that they planned to make sequels, I'm just saying exactly what I wrote: they're basically asking for a class action lawsuit by not making it more clear. If it happens they'll probably end up settling for coupon for 10% off the next game or something, but it will have been a huge waste of money for them.

mystes fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 9, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
where are you copying and pasting these hot takes from

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
if you are spending any money on a video game and expecting some sort value, you need to learn better spending habits

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my minecraft real estate portfolio is an investment tyvm.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

at least falcor lives on in my apartment

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

if you are spending any money on a video game and expecting some sort value, you need to learn better spending habits

my thousands of dollars in fortnight skins give me incredible value thank you very much

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eeyo posted:

my thousands of dollars in fortnight skins give me incredible value thank you very much

i wasn’t aware mohels were in the resale market

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

i wasn’t aware mohels were in the resale market

Careful, they might not appreciate the hood being pulled back on them. They might send the Kosher Nostra after you!

:ohdear:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
well may 1 seems to have been the perfect time to open up T*xas and today we’re opening salons too, and gyms next week.

this is gonna work out great.

pretty sure the office isn’t gonna open up in 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

wasnt there some big AAA title where they ran out of time/money and just went "ship it" and the game just sort of stopped?

there have been a couple of these (halo 2) but also a lot of games that blatantly and deliberately end with sequel bait non-conclusions (deus ex mankind divided)

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
anachronox

indigo prophecy

half life

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
arcanum really felt like this for the.. third act? at least

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s cute that people complain about ff7 remake “suddenly stopping?!” when i can still remember soul reaver

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Uptime Sinclair posted:

arcanum really felt like this for the.. third act? at least

I think Arcanum spent way too much time doing everything but the main quest.

I mean, Half Elf Steve Jobs* is clever and all, but goddamn.

*: Can't remember what Cedric Appleby actually was, ethnicity-wise.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I thought the problem with this one was that it was missing the middle so all the crazy suddenly comes out of left field halfway through

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mystes posted:

"argh, this game stopped before i was fully transported back to being 15 in my mom's basement with no responsibilities! instead i'm still 37 in my mom's basement and the old bat won't stop bugging me about getting a job! i'm gonne sue!!!!!!"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I will not rest until this illegal game is brought to justice.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

haveblue posted:

there have been a couple of these (halo 2) but also a lot of games that blatantly and deliberately end with sequel bait non-conclusions (deus ex mankind divided)

a strategy that worked so well all future deus ex sequels were put on indefinite hiatus by squenix

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maybe they should have finished the game

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Now we know the real reason cocaine mitch has been stacking the courts. No doubt if we investigated he would own stock in square enix.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

#occupygoldensaucer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what are the chances ole mr pres has it given half his staff does or has he been smart enough to stay miles away from everyone else

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

what are the chances ole mr pres has it given half his staff does or has he been smart enough to stay miles away from everyone else

considering one of the positive patients is a midwest-hot 28 year old do you really think he's been keeping six feet away

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

he’s fine because for some reason the biblical satan has given him a charmed life.