Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aginor posted:

Where's that?

Mid Wales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Please don't feel the need to tell us every time it rains in Wales.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sunswipe posted:

Since the virus saved the world the weather has been very nice here. The best spring I can remember in a long time.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

I just assume it's always raining in Wales unless a Welsh person lets me know otherwise

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

I just assume it's always raining in Wales unless a Welsh person lets me know otherwise

It stopped raining a while ago it's just cloudy now.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Since the virus saved the world the weather has been very nice here. The best spring I can remember in a long time.

Could you do a quick check to see if there's any human sacrifice going on, or cats and dogs living together?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

sassassin posted:

It stopped raining a while ago it's just cloudy now.

Thank you for the update Welsh person!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wales is nice apart from all the loving bridleway gates. when i did the trans-cambrian way i would of gone mad if i was by myself as i'd have to get off the bike every 5 mins to open another gate, and they all opened slightly differently :bang:

if you're near the elan valley go cycle or walk the reservoirs there. Claerwen reservoir is cool as gently caress

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If you're in Wales on a bike, go to the bike park and fling yourself down some trails all day with an uplift service. There's loving loads of mountainbiking there.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If you're in Wales on a bike, go to the bike park and fling yourself down some trails all day with an uplift service. There's loving loads of mountainbiking there.

I went to do that but they were pretty rude and obnoxious and really didnt want to rent me a bike.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

Thank you for the update Welsh person!

np

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Once I went to Swansea to deliver a couch to a hairdressers and another time went to a stadium in cardiff to count untapped kegs for the cricket world cup. Cardiff did seem nice I thought the job would take like 8 hours but I knocked it out in 2 so I pottered around looking at the castle and got a bit tipsy at a brewpub. Nice city, I'd love to go back and look around a bit more or rent a car and dig into the countryside. If it wasn't raining ofc

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Just stopped raining here in Carmarthen, West Wales

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

When I was a toddler I did a poo in an outdoor swimming pool in Wales

That's my story about Wales okay bye

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

Me either. I can't speak for all of Scotland, but generally we seem to treat it with suspicion.

No-one clapping/hooting etc in Bridge of Allan from what I can hear in my house.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I went to do that but they were pretty rude and obnoxious and really didnt want to rent me a bike.

Callander up here in Scotland is excellent for this and are nice and polite and encouraging.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
All this Wales talk made me dream about the joy of getting fish&chips in Chippy Alley after the rugby game.

The weather is incredibly beautiful rn but so many police sirens today.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Steakandchips posted:

Callander up here in Scotland is excellent for this and are nice and polite and encouraging.

Scotland in general is fantastic. I used to ride up there every summer with friends and we managed to hit 6 of the 7 Stanes routes as well as a bunch of others local to those.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Weathers lovely here. I'm in Brentwood so as to can imagine all the orange people are out.

We even have a loving ICE CREAM VAN doing the rounds today and ofc every loving idiot in the street piled out at once and queued up all muddled together to try and get one.

I live on a tiny quiet street full of old people too, if one person is ill the whole streets gonna die horribly.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Long Eaton calling here, weather good. Painted a third of a fence and ran out of paint. Sneaking out for some ice cubes to get fancy with my alcohol.

It's weird out in the East Mids - people seem to be generally respecting social distancing and stuff but it's all with a bit of bemusement. There's isolated cases around here and people seem to have friends of friends of relatives who've caught it and so on. People are in the parks but there's a lot of fun dancing around to keep what people reckon might be 2m away and everyone says thank you when you do it. So weird.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Question. Why is is that the people who live nearby and blast their music always have the very worst taste? I have a full PA setup so if I wanted to, I could be an incredible bellend but when I'm in the workshop I never have it loud because I don't want to be that dickhead.

Currently being subjected to aural torture by way of lovely Spanish summer chart tunes and the sun isn't even shining.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
retaliate with the birdie song on a continuous loop imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Where I live is surrounded by fields and a farmer ruined everyone's lovely evening of sitting outside in the sun making all kinds of rackets by spraying pungent liquid cow poo poo everywhere

that'll hum for a good week at least :laugh:

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Weathers lovely here. I'm in Brentwood so as to can imagine all the orange people are out.

We even have a loving ICE CREAM VAN doing the rounds today and ofc every loving idiot in the street piled out at once and queued up all muddled together to try and get one.

I live on a tiny quiet street full of old people too, if one person is ill the whole streets gonna die horribly.

Sugar Hut's closed, the people have to go SOMEWHERE

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My windows are open and I'm listening to a lot of Japanese city pop so my neighbours better fuckin' appreciate it.

Not very loud tho.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
C25k week 2 run 2 done after giving my it band 2 weeks to fully heal hopefully it's not hosed again tomorrow lol

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Jose posted:

C25k week 2 run 2 done after giving my it band 2 weeks to fully heal hopefully it's not hosed again tomorrow lol

Is this a stroke post

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Wait I hear the siren call of the ice cream van now

This is the end

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Deleter posted:

Long Eaton calling here, weather good. Painted a third of a fence and ran out of paint. Sneaking out for some ice cubes to get fancy with my alcohol.

It's weird out in the East Mids - people seem to be generally respecting social distancing and stuff but it's all with a bit of bemusement. There's isolated cases around here and people seem to have friends of friends of relatives who've caught it and so on. People are in the parks but there's a lot of fun dancing around to keep what people reckon might be 2m away and everyone says thank you when you do it. So weird.

As someone who's regularly in Long Eaton Asda, I'm making a concerted effort to keep 2m distance from the locals, and have been for a couple of years now

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The police helicopter was hovering right over my house for ages earlier. Perhaps someone's told them that sometimes I've been exercising twice a day instead of just once.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
When it's sunny I like to sit with my legs out the window and do my embroidery and I'm always very afraid people on the street can hear my little speaker from the three floors up and know I'm listening to boring podcasts.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Two not real coppers were walking around the park pouncing on people who weren't exercisey enough. My exercise routine however was deemed so essential they actually apologised to me for getting in the way as they walked through.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

bikepark wales is very good but if i had to choose i prefer the exploration/navigating side of mountain biking. i'm just about competent enough to do the red routes there apart from the A470 line where the jumps have a little bit too much potential for massive accidents. we found someone who'd bailed out of a drop a bit too late on that trail and ended up needing to be taken out by an ambulance.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

bikepark wales is very good but if i had to choose i prefer the exploration/navigating side of mountain biking. i'm just about competent enough to do the red routes there apart from the A470 line where the jumps have a little bit too much potential for massive accidents. we found someone who'd bailed out of a drop a bit too late on that trail and ended up needing to be taken out by an ambulance.

Exploration is great but bike parks offer a concentrated hit of action which is nice sometimes. The stuff I used to ride and helped build in Yorkshire was relatively short and super techy so the trips away to more flowing trails were welcome. I remember once climbing to the top of the red run at Glentress and seeing a guy there on his nice bike along with his mate riding an absolute shitter that looked like he really shouldn't be there, definite case of more will than skill. Anyway my friends and I had just climbed up so were taking a break and these two set off, top of the Glentress red is (or at least was, not been there for a looong time) a winding set of big tabletops that zig zagged back and forth. Guy with the new bike set off and was fine, guy on the shitter steps up and immediately off the first drop looked incredibly sketchy. This of course was not going to stop him, he was too far in and cased every single jump before eventually over committing and somehow somersaulting off the bike. Anyway, a call was made to the hub down the bottom and they sent an ambulance up the trails to get him.

I love mountainbiking as a sport but it's hideously expensive and there's too many people doing silly poo poo that's way above their experience level egged on by their more experienced mates who are usually riding bikes that will cover up a certain skill deficit.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pistol_Pete posted:

The police helicopter was hovering right over my house for ages earlier. Perhaps someone's told them that sometimes I've been exercising twice a day instead of just once.

Hanging too good for YOU!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Thunder and lightning in the west mids now :siren:

Dell_Zincht posted:

When I was a toddler I did a poo in an outdoor swimming pool in Wales

That's my story about Wales okay bye
Same but Rhyl Sun Centre

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Meat Wagon posted:

Thunder and lightning in the west mids now :siren:

Same but Rhyl Sun Centre

Not in the only bit of the west midlands that matters, Birmingham

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have had the first bakeoff submission

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Not a drop of rain in Cardiff, its been glorious all day

Adbot