Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BDG going straight insane during lockdown, moreso than usual, has been a delight

I hope he got good at darts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

Nuns with Guns posted:

I said right there it was bad and he sucked so I don't know what more you want here

stop being a doxx apologist for one

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Lucavi posted:

stop being a doxx apologist for one

I'm not being a doxx apologist. I do think he wasn't seriously petitioning the dumb people in this thread to doxx Skylark or harass her sister, but it was still inappropriate to even joke about, and it was funny he was perma'd for it.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
So Irate Gamer has completely gone off the deep end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9UymkvjbCU&t=457s

I suppose this is the logical conclusion for him but man

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Does this mean he’s going to haunt James Rolfe’s basement?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVena5MgShU

Super Eyepatch Wolf touches on Outlaw Star.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

It was funny how someone was berating me for being "creepy" for talking poo poo about a terrible ex-poster, but that guy was like right there.

Yeah you’re a miserable creep

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

superloosegoose posted:

hey i think you're the third person whose first and only post in this thread has been yelling at SunAndSpring and that's kind of weird imo

i don't know them and im only tangentially aware of the whole situation but, like, maybe stop

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 9, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVena5MgShU

Super Eyepatch Wolf touches on Outlaw Star.

SEW makes a joke about anxiety when he uploads a YouTube video. I get it now.

https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/1259175116652654595

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

superloosegoose posted:

Hey can I get an invite to your discord

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Hey can I get an invite to your discord

The only two I belong to are an ultima online Zulu hotel one or a chainsawman one, the latter is great and I hope it gets an adaption soon

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

superloosegoose posted:

The only two I belong to are an ultima online Zulu hotel one or a chainsawman one, the latter is great and I hope it gets an adaption soon

Chainsaw Man is pretty fun, the last few chapters have been pretty cool.

Anyway, if I cordially apologize for my misplaced anger and frustration at transphobic poo poo in my life leading me to post dumb poo poo like I have recently have, will people such as yourself please stop making me feel like I’m being continually discussed on some other community or whatever

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I think the only thing that poster and a couple others want is for you to stop discussing a person in a community they havent been a part of for 6 months now. Thats what they likely find weird etc. You know, the last part of your post.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
It was not a great idea to begin with, to bring up the entirely irrelevant fact that someone online is related to someone else, and it's certainly not a great idea to keep talking about it.

It'd be a lot better to talk about things that don't have to do with the very personal lives of strangers, in general.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 9, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

but like, the people coming in here out of nowhere making their very first posts in this thread just to yell at sunandspring are the ones that keep bringing it up after the rest of the thread had moved on. seems like if they want this discussion to end they should probably stop bringing it up imo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

but like, the people coming in here out of nowhere making their very first posts in this thread just to yell at sunandspring are the ones that keep bringing it up after the rest of the thread had moved on. seems like if they want this discussion to end they should probably stop bringing it up imo.

interesting logic. cant say i disagree. as a long time lurker of this thread, too embarrassed to post for fear of being outed as a person who watches and enjoys barrel-bottom youtube content, i suppose its time i started actually posting in it so that when i see cruel and spiteful behavior i can call it out without being accused of brigading.

so, joseph andersons witcher 1 (and future 2 & 3) critique. very good, very comprehensive — there arent a lot of expansive witcher analysis videos on youtube, and his and super bunnyhops are the only ones ive seen where the critic also read the books. bunnyhops was, unfortunately, published prior to the western release of the last book, however - leaving joe anderson as the only critic to actually include them in his analysis of the series. does anyone know if there are any other good videos about the witcher books? i think theyre excellent and merit discussion.

actually, second question: are there any good book critique channels? obviously it would be more difficult to produce than tv, movies, anime, games, news, etc, but i love reading books and its a little sad that its so difficult to find critical analysis of anything that isnt ubiquitous or notorious

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

ArfJason posted:

I think the only thing that poster and a couple others want is for you to stop discussing a person in a community they havent been a part of for 6 months now. Thats what they likely find weird etc. You know, the last part of your post.

Yes, I grasped the irony of it all the second I posted.

But whatever, it is cruel and spiteful. I was mad about some other person posting about that weird rear end trans theory and annoyed I couldn’t yell at them before they ate a 30-day probe so I started getting pissed off at other stuff. It’s weird, my apologies, please stop.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
also im going to start a youtube channel specifically so i can compare the two anime “keep your hands off eizouken” and “carole and tuesday.” i watched them back to back and they have almost the same plot, setting, characters and themes, except eizouken is so much better that it makes carole & tuesday look like sword art online. someone please reassure me that this is unbroken ground

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

also im going to start a youtube channel specifically so i can compare the two anime “keep your hands off eizouken” and “carole and tuesday.” i watched them back to back and they have almost the same plot, setting, characters and themes, except eizouken is so much better that it makes carole & tuesday look like sword art online. someone please reassure me that this is unbroken ground

idk eizouken and carole and tuesday have some similarities but i don't think it's a staggering amount

definitely won't argue about eizouken being better, though i still need to actually finish it. i have a lot of fondness for carole and tuesday and its heart was in the right place but it kind of just impotently fumbled its attempts at being serious when the big emotional climax was a fuckin 'we are the world' performance, like c'mon give me a break man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i think only like 4 people in the world watched carole and tuesday so you're probably good

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

scary ghost dog posted:

go for it. I'm bingeing eizouken right now after someone linked the loving amazing opening in the C-spam anime thread and it does indeed rule. I have refused to watch Carole and Tuesday because the netflix promo that they kept showing me everytime I turned it on looked insufferably slow-paced and boring and promos are supposed to be your best poo poo, I have no idea what it was about except that it involved Mars and slowly playing a piano.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

carole and tuesday is a pretty show with cute characters and some nice tunes and it is a very mixed bag whenever it tries to be more than that

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

dmboogie posted:

idk eizouken and carole and tuesday have some similarities but i don't think it's a staggering amount

definitely won't argue about eizouken being better, though i still need to actually finish it. i have a lot of fondness for carole and tuesday and its heart was in the right place but it kind of just impotently fumbled its attempts at being serious when the big emotional climax was a fuckin 'we are the world' performance, like c'mon give me a break man

my video will be focused on the similarities — they arent in the details, but rather the broad strokes. primarily that both shows are about a rich kid, a poor kid and a streetwise producer teaming up to make art - and that the eizouken variants are about a billion times more compelling. even your spoiler has an analog in the last episode of eizouken thats executed in the opposite way and just works great.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
both shows are also made by extremely famous and critically acclaimed animators. there are so many similarities that finding differences between them is extremely revealing

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ArfJason posted:

I mean, to be fair to SunAndSpring, wratho brought up the Skylark thing first, I assume because she saw Jenny's sister mention hosting Jenny's Twitch stream on her Twitch channel the night before. I'm not going to go into whether or not SunAndSpring's anger is displaced or disproportionate because that's something it sounds like they're working through on their own terms, and I think they want some space to process that privately.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

my video will be focused on the similarities — they arent in the details, but rather the broad strokes. primarily that both shows are about a rich kid, a poor kid and a streetwise producer teaming up to make art - and that the eizouken variants are about a billion times more compelling. even your spoiler has an analog in the last episode of eizouken thats executed in the opposite way and just works great.

when you put it like that i definitely get what you mean

like, in carole and tuesday the producer is an Adult with Connections so the main characters spend basically the whole story just being pinballed around without much agency beyond writing songs

but in eizouken there's a bigger sense of them being in it together, especially since the producer isn't an idiot who goes off and spends their budget gambling lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
for the record, and as my last words on the subject, watho is chill imo. did not deserve the week but whatcha gonna do

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

I mean, to be fair to SunAndSpring, wratho brought up the Skylark thing first, I assume because she saw Jenny's sister mention hosting Jenny's Twitch stream on her Twitch channel the night before. I'm not going to go into whether or not SunAndSpring's anger is displaced or disproportionate because that's something it sounds like they're working through on their own terms, and I think they want some space to process that privately.

lol come on. what even is the point of this post other than trying to extend a discussion so you get a chance to offer a mea culpa

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

dmboogie posted:

when you put it like that i definitely get what you mean

like, in carole and tuesday the producer is an Adult with Connections so the main characters spend basically the whole story just being pinballed around without much agency beyond writing songs

but in eizouken there's a bigger sense of them being in it together, especially since the producer isn't an idiot who goes off and spends their budget gambling lmao

eizouken is also an anime about animation, so when theyre discussing animation techniques, you can literally look at the screen to see what theyre talking about. but carole and tuesday is an anime about music, so for a few minutes every episode the show is interrupted by a mocap song performance of extremely subjective quality; its a very stark contrast, anime embodiments of subject harmony and subject dissonance. staggering similarities that bring the differences into even starker relief. im gonna need hours to explain it all lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Not a take I've really heard at all even tho it makes perfect sense and frankly that idea sounds like some good poo poo.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

scary ghost dog posted:

lol come on. what even is the point of this post other than trying to extend a discussion so you get a chance to offer a mea culpa

I'm not following what mea culpa I'm offering... I don't want anyone to hunt wratho down and I think giving her a week for a post two days after it happened and discussion moved on was dumb, but I also think jumping in to yell at SunAndSpring about it is dumb too?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

eizouken is also an anime about animation, so when theyre discussing animation techniques, you can literally look at the screen to see what theyre talking about. but carole and tuesday is an anime about music, so for a few minutes every episode the show is interrupted by a mocap song performance of extremely subjective quality; its a very stark contrast, anime embodiments of subject harmony and subject dissonance. staggering similarities that bring the differences into even starker relief. im gonna need hours to explain it all lol

whenever you make the video, i'll watch it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'm not following what mea culpa I'm offering... I don't want anyone to hunt wratho down and I think giving her a week for a post two days after it happened and discussion moved on was dumb, but I also think jumping in to yell at SunAndSpring about it is dumb too?

so youre just extending the discussion for no reason then.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Srice posted:

Not a take I've really heard at all even tho it makes perfect sense and frankly that idea sounds like some good poo poo.

dmboogie posted:

whenever you make the video, i'll watch it

thank you, these are the votes of confidence i needed. ill trust this thread to inform me if anyone snipes my idea and get to work [glances at wall clock] tomorrow

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

scary ghost dog posted:

so youre just extending the discussion for no reason then.

We're posting in a thread about whatever passingly engaging content we find on youtube and arguing about stuff related to it, none of the discussion here has any reason to it.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you, these are the votes of confidence i needed. ill trust this thread to inform me if anyone snipes my idea and get to work [glances at wall clock] tomorrow

I'm a random nobody but I also think the video sounds really good, and maybe a way to get some people I know to watch eizouken since I know they like carole and tuesday

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
is titling the video “keep your hands off eizouken makes carole and tuesday look like dogshit” too long, or too inflammatory? maybe a more neutral “carole & tuesday VS the eizouken”...... might draw the wrong audience with that one though. eh ill worry about it after i finish the script

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

is titling the video “keep your hands off eizouken makes carole and tuesday look like dogshit” too long, or too inflammatory? maybe a more neutral “carole & tuesday VS the eizouken”...... might draw the wrong audience with that one though. eh ill worry about it after i finish the script

if i'm up on the current meta of review video titles it should be called "So... I Finally Watched Eizouken and Carole & Tuseday"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alaois posted:

if i'm up on the current meta of review video titles it should be called "So... I Finally Watched Eizouken and Carole & Tuseday"

yuck, yikes and no thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

"Let's face it: ghost hunting is ruined."