Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bruceski posted:

Nate's deadpan "all I hear is how I should kill you guys. He's actually making a pretty good argument" was my winner of the night, though as usual there was some great stuff throughout.

Was I just trying to kill you with the stool??? Guys I am SO sorry!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nate's amazing.

Anyone else think they're going to push Mick off as well?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rhyno posted:

Nate's amazing.

But then who else would they get to use a gun?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RandomBlue posted:

But then who else would they get to use a gun?

They just picked up a bunch of magic guns.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Didn't Purcell call out on insta that he loved the show and is staying?

Not the first time people have misdirected on social media but he's actually getting storylines now so hopefully he'll stay.

(I hope they hadn't gotten rid of Ray and Nora just to add more special /short term guests)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Also, I just want to stan Charlie's entire wardrobe and styling team, she looks amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sloth Life posted:

Also, I just want to stan Charlie's entire wardrobe and styling team, she looks amazing.

Goddamn right she does.

Also Jess McKellan's facial twitches are amazing.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
The Gary death fake out was cruel.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Mick’s also probably easy to keep around, depending on what kind of salary Purcell commands, he doesn’t ever have to be too involved in the plot or serious character moments unless they really feel like it, otherwise the writers can have him pop up 2 or 3 times per episode, long enough to grunt, and it’ll be perfectly in keeping with his character.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Mick’s also probably easy to keep around, depending on what kind of salary Purcell commands, he doesn’t ever have to be too involved in the plot or serious character moments unless they really feel like it, otherwise the writers can have him pop up 2 or 3 times per episode, long enough to grunt, and it’ll be perfectly in keeping with his character.

Hopefully all the beer is real.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm just uneasy, they're giving him this happy plot that could lead to him leaving for a happy life or something. Several rumors said Routh was pushed out because of his age and Purchell's 50 or so. And I saw some Mona chatter again so that's an annoying thought.

RandomBlue posted:

The Gary death fake out was cruel.

Cruel for us you mean.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rhyno posted:

Cruel for us you mean.

Yes, cruel that it was fake and not real and they knew exactly what they were doing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If they do retire Mick, I hope his daughter picks up where he left off. Give her the fire totem or something and turn her loose.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Gonna go against the grain of the thread here and say:

Rhyno posted:

yes, the'y're getting rid of Mick, but next season, after he and his daughter are both regulars for a while. She might stick around though.

The show was always designed to have a revolving cast -- like Doctor Who. It's what keeps it fresh.

(It's also what allows them to have a big cast but still bench regulars for multiple episodes at a time. Everyone gets a chance.)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Gonna go against the grain of the thread here and say:

yes, the'y're getting rid of Mick, but next season, after he and his daughter are both regulars for a while. She might stick around though.

The show was always designed to have a revolving cast -- like Doctor Who. It's what keeps it fresh.

(It's also what allows them to have a big cast but still bench regulars for multiple episodes at a time. Everyone gets a chance.)

Hell, people forget there was a time when Sara wasn't even the main character of the show, Rip Hunter was, so fluidity was kind of built into Legends' DNA. It still sucks when people leave the show though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I remember reading somewhere that Purcell's contract is up this year/season, or maybe next season. So maybe, if they give him the option, he'll sign on for more, or Mick's swan song is fast approaching.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I was kinda getting that sense with Mick too. It'll be sad for Sara, being the only one left. But maybe they could do an ep where the Legends meet an alternate Legends team comprised entirely of the characters who left the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Purcell's contract is up this year/season, or maybe next season. So maybe, if they give him the option, he'll sign on for more, or Mick's swan song is fast approaching.

My understanding is the standard rich and famous tv contract runs for seven seasons. So working from that assumption Purcell's contract will be up the season after next, same is true of Lotz btw.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Argue posted:

I was kinda getting that sense with Mick too. It'll be sad for Sara, being the only one left. But maybe they could do an ep where the Legends meet an alternate Legends team comprised entirely of the characters who left the show.

Legends of the Day After Tomorrow.

...has that even been a title yet?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

My understanding is the standard rich and famous tv contract runs for seven seasons. So working from that assumption Purcell's contract will be up the season after next, same is true of Lotz btw.

Man, it's kind of crazy to think that Flash is going into its 7th season next year, and Legends and Supergirl are going into their 6th respectively. Arrow got 8 years, so if they each follow its lead (and there's so far no indication whether or not they will) then we could be coming to the end of all three within the next two-three years. There could very well come a time in the next few years where the only Arrowverse shows still on the air are going to be Batwoman, Black Lightning, and Superman and Lois given how late starts each of them had compared to the Main Four.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I believe on instagram he said it's up at the end of six.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

nine-gear crow posted:

Man, it's kind of crazy to think that Flash is going into its 7th season next year, and Legends and Supergirl are going into their 6th respectively. Arrow got 8 years, so if they each follow its lead (and there's so far no indication whether or not they will) then we could be coming to the end of all three within the next two-three years. There could very well come a time in the next few years where the only Arrowverse shows still on the air are going to be Batwoman, Black Lightning, and Superman and Lois given how late starts each of them had compared to the Main Four.

Seems like they'd do another major crossover before Flash ends as a show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Flash is still CW's highest rated show, right? I don't think it'll end unless like, everyone quits.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TwoPair posted:

Flash is still CW's highest rated show, right? I don't think it'll end unless like, everyone quits.

Arrow only ended because Stephen Amell wanted to do something else, so who knows, maybe Grant Gustin will decide he's just done in a couple years and the show will go with him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

Arrow only ended because Stephen Amell wanted to do something else, so who knows, maybe Grant Gustin will decide he's just done in a couple years and the show will go with him.

And that's understandable because doing Arrow just beat the poo poo out of Amell physically and emotionally. Flash doesn't seem anywhere near as taxing to its cast and crew in that regard... I'm hoping at least.

I hope he's willing to maybe come back for a crossover before Flash/the rest of the Arrowverse wraps up, because right now he's said he has no interest in coming back as Oliver Queen in any capacity, or at least that's where he was at immediately after Arrow's finale.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Maybe not as Oliver Queen, but maybe as someone else.

Something else.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Chokes McGee posted:

Maybe not as Oliver Queen, but maybe as someone else.

Something else.

Booooo this person, booo.

Also holy poo poo I dropped out of Flash so hard after season 2? The cast is adorable each and every one of them but the writing sucks so baaaaaad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grant Gustin stops shooting the Flash so he can shoot the Flash movie.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ruddiger posted:

Grant Gustin stops shooting the Flash so he can shoot the Flash movie.

That movie is never going to happen, but if it somehow actually does I really hope Grant gets a cameo in it.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

nine-gear crow posted:

That movie is never going to happen, but if it somehow actually does I really hope Grant gets a cameo in it.

The solo Flash and Cyborg movies were both put in the can right? That's what I recall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

V-Men posted:

The solo Flash and Cyborg movies were both put in the can right? That's what I recall.

They keep telling us the Flash is still happening.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sloth Life posted:

Booooo this person, booo.

Isn't the first, won't be the last. :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now that i know this is a thing, until otherwise Legends Constantine totally dated King Shark.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Rhyno posted:

They keep telling us the Flash is still happening.

Yeah, until Ezra Miller got milkshake ducked as a woman-beater.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yeah, until Ezra Miller got milkshake ducked as a woman-beater.

Wait what?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Drunkenly choke-slammed a woman on camera.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I couldn't stand his version of the flash anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Aparently Swamp Thing is coming to the CW, how long until he's a Legend? And how long until Constantine sleeps with him?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If he winds up becoming a legend, I'm calling it now that Constantine will sleep with her ON the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
As much as I'd love to see Swamp Thing and Constantine interact (two of my favorite characters in comics) I don't think he'd fit in well with the Legends. Most of his drama takes place in, well, his swamp.