Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I have literally everything in Conclave, and bailed on the mode the minute I got it all and maxed the syndicate reputation bar.

I can state with absolute authority that the quote above is a total lie.

To put this in perspective, I could make 100+ plat a day by simply earning 25k Conclave rep, and I refuse to do it. That is how bad Conclave is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I still maintain that reading Tallgeese is like contemplating myself if someone pushed the sliders a bit further

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

So I have a question about Kuva weapon valence transfers.

I assume that the cosmetic elemental color glow of a kuva weapon changes when you add another element to add to the bonus, right? So, if I wanted to save the Toxic green elemental color glow for a Kuva weapon even as I pump more weapons into it to boost up the bonus damage, will I need to keep it to the same element type? Or if I, say, make it a Gas bonus instead, if it will keep the color glow, but just count as Gas from now on?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I assumed the colour glow was set in Appearance like with most guns, but haven't tested.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tylana posted:

I assumed the colour glow was set in Appearance like with most guns, but haven't tested.

Yeah, it's the emissive channel. It you want to clone the toxin glow you can combine a green from the classic saturated palette and a yellow-green from the halloween or easter palette.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Tylana posted:

Ah, so it is. My mistake! I didn't even think to check there.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Logic Probed posted:

So I have a question about Kuva weapon valence transfers.

I assume that the cosmetic elemental color glow of a kuva weapon changes when you add another element to add to the bonus, right? So, if I wanted to save the Toxic green elemental color glow for a Kuva weapon even as I pump more weapons into it to boost up the bonus damage, will I need to keep it to the same element type? Or if I, say, make it a Gas bonus instead, if it will keep the color glow, but just count as Gas from now on?

You can't have multiples of one damage type via Valence transfers. You can only have heat, cold, toxin, electric, radiation, and impact.

You can make gas by having an innate toxin weapon and putting in gas making mods tho. But you cannot make gas by Valence fusioning two weapons

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Guilty posted:

You can't have multiples of one damage type via Valence transfers. You can only have heat, cold, toxin, electric, radiation, and impact.

You forgot Magnetic. :v:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

I was 100% on board up until the giant titty roses. Eeesh. Lose those and it's a winner.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lmao jesus christ Liger

I main Khora and that's a hard pass

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

liger skins are super good in general but i feel like something was lost in translation on that khora one so far

i think part of it is the proportions just looking goddamn weird, like someone really wanted to gently caress a potted succulent plant

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

the WIP pictures look a lot better, might just be something with the pose/lighting

slow_twitch fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 12, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

ugly ugly ugly

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The difference between cleavage rose and boob roses is stark. Reminds of me Digital devil saga and one characters mouths

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

slow_twitch posted:

the WIP pictures look a lot better, might just be something with the pose/lighting

Yeah what the hell that looks better

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the pose is needed for nezha dx imo

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
anyone link the Liger concept art?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Concept

Another angle that got released

I think at this point we're just gonna have to see it in action with some different stances

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That second shot looks pretty great to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Khora just looks 50 pounds heavier with any shot taken by this camera

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Avynte posted:

Concept

I think at this point we're just gonna have to see it in action with some different stances

That's actually a relitively accurate translation of the design, rewatching the video and relating it to the consept art. I'm just going to put this down to the actual design in reality compared to concept.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is "The New War" playable yet? If so, how do I start it if I did The Sacrifice and got the Paracesis? Trying to avoid spoilers.

edit: last things I did was kill a Ropopalyst and start building a Railjack and gave up because it was ultra-grindy

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 12, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Is "The New War" playable yet? If so, how do I start it if I did The Sacrifice and got the Paracesis? Trying to avoid spoilers.

edit: last things I did was kill a Ropopalyst and start building a Railjack and gave up because it was ultra-grindy

Nope

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Hey it had a thing in my codex to start "Erra", that seems like something...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

that was for the Scarlet Spear stuff that ran in April

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!

Zero VGS posted:

Hey it had a thing in my codex to start "Erra", that seems like something...

It's just a cut scene.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The incursion, cutscenes, and scarlet spear are pretty much what DE has in mind for how they're doing the New War. Granted we're still in the prologue / first chapter.

Avynte fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 12, 2020

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya we still have the anomaly floating around and I imagine we'll get something else similar to scarlet spear some time after the new nightwave drops.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
yeah to my understanding new war is basically just constant sentient content.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Christ, I hope before it's over they come up with a sentient gimmick besides flat DR + adaptation.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Tallgeese posted:

I have literally everything in Conclave, and bailed on the mode the minute I got it all and maxed the syndicate reputation bar.

I can state with absolute authority that the quote above is a total lie.

To put this in perspective, I could make 100+ plat a day by simply earning 25k Conclave rep, and I refuse to do it. That is how bad Conclave is.

Suddenly fun is subjective

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Avynte posted:

Concept

The hat looks good, but she really needs a widow's veil with it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

pantX0r posted:

It's just a cut scene.

Hmm was still really cool though, that was quite a lore dump.

Oh now that my Inaros's double Arcane Guardian has been nerfed, what should I take as the second arcane? I'm still invincible because my spoiler mode heals my life back instantly, so I don't think I have any use for Arcane Grace. Am I understanding Arcane Fury, that if I have a build with 100% crit chance then it's gonna just be more than a Primed Pressure Point worth of extra damage at all times?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

lmao this is a new and unique trade interaction

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
"fall for this scam or i'll report you for something" is one of the oldest scammer lines ive seen and the fact that these assholes use it so often makes me really wonder how many people fall for it

Avynte posted:

Concept

It's actually more accurate than i would've thought. But i was kinda hoping her syandana would do some limbo-deluxe zero-gravity floating like the concept sketch.

The real bummer for the liger skins is that they usually don't color well because the materials have too much shading baked into non-diffuse channels, so even if you set a color channel to pure white or black you sometimes get washed up gray.

Also reminds me that we haven't seen the doggo skin in any engine previews. Wonder if that's still a part of the pack?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I sure hope we get the horrible flower monster pet skin. It's one of my favorite parts of the concept :3:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
https://www.facebook.com/PlayWarframe/videos/1045411585877133/

Nightwave 3 starts tomorrow. Yayyy! Umbra forma!

edit: reward tables - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nightwave/Series_3

Guilty fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 12, 2020

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
On a wednesday?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Samuringa posted:

On a wednesday?

Oh I realize I'm like 24 hours late, I guess it's supposed to be today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

update on switch is dropping.