Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

That would actually be a really satisfying feature. I always thrust my spear a bunch or something, so yea I wanna cheer drat it.

I rear my horse and block high with my polearm. Looks majestic as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

wilderthanmild posted:

That would actually be a really satisfying feature. I always thrust my spear a bunch or something, so yea I wanna cheer drat it.

you can make your horse do whatever the horse equivalent is of popping a wheelie by hitting the space bar when you're not moving. kinda like cheering.

Muninn posted:

Thanks, I’m really digging the flavor of the non-English names and the fact that all the troop types are relatively grounded and fill a gap in each faction’s roster.

try to upgrade your troops all in one go or you wind up with these untidy double stacks of the same type. doesn't happen all the time though it's sorta annoying. I think it has something to do with saves and loads, but I just hold off and promote them all at once.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Uh...does anyone know what's up with this? I just started a new game, and when I open my inventory I get a huge array of equipment on the left side. Is this like a bug or NG+ thing or something?

e: there's 10 of each item

e2: I mean what the hell I can just take all of this from day one and it even refills, it kind of ruins the idea of a new game

e3: apparently it's because I still had cheat mode = 1 in the config file, so be warned.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 10, 2020

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Uh...does anyone know what's up with this? I just started a new game, and when I open my inventory I get a huge array of equipment on the left side. Is this like a bug or NG+ thing or something?

e: there's 10 of each item

e2: I mean what the hell I can just take all of this from day one and it even refills, it kind of ruins the idea of a new game

e3: apparently it's because I still had cheat mode = 1 in the config file, so be warned.

Yes that happens when you have cheat mode enabled, either from the console (mod) or config.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Right now can you potentially run out of focus points? Focusing int/steward is making me worry about being able to someday use any weapon .

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Focus points I wouldn't worry too much. You get one every level, so everything you absolutely want to max as a priority, you can normally max.

Attribute points I actually would plan ahead if you really want to reach level x in skill y eventually, you only get one every four levels and leveling becomes really slow at higher levels.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Focus points I wouldn't worry too much. You get one every level, so everything you absolutely want to max as a priority, you can normally max.

Attribute points I actually would plan ahead if you really want to reach level x in skill y eventually, you only get one every four levels and leveling becomes really slow at higher levels.

Isn't it meant to be one attribute every three levels actually?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

malhavok posted:

Isn't it meant to be one attribute every three levels actually?

That's what the tooltip text says but not what is actually the case. Who knows which is intended, but it's currently one attribute point per four levels despite it saying three in the tooltip.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Every three levels would be an improvement, I think.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
https://nichegamer.com/2020/05/08/mount-blade-2-bannerlords-chinese-mods-accused-of-asking-users-to-report-those-violating-chinese-law/

Riding And Cutting 2: Report Thoughtcrime

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Personally I use the TML Tweaks mod which I've set to give 2 focus points per level and 1 attribute point per 2 levels. Makes for a more fun (imo), higher-powered game. When combined with the mod that refunds all companion points when you recruit them, plus the mod that lets you manage companion points/equipment from anywhere rather than them needing to be in your party, it's closer to what I'd like to see in terms of managing clans and companions. I still have my doubts that trade skill actually helps companions running caravans, but it's a nice idea. The perks in particular seem to be of no value for companions, other than maybe the first one.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Yeah man, gently caress other countries' laws!!!

seriously, it's not like a thoughtcrime, considering saying some poo poo about the US government on SA can get you a secret service visit just the same.

edit: also the rest of that article is completely wrong, so yeah.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Have you guys had this happen? I'm trying to hire an engineer companion, the encyclopedia says she's at Jaculan, but I can't find her for the life of me. I've looked everywhere. Kind of sucks, engineers are hard to come by.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Have you guys had this happen? I'm trying to hire an engineer companion, the encyclopedia says she's at Jaculan, but I can't find her for the life of me. I've looked everywhere. Kind of sucks, engineers are hard to come by.

That's just last known, NPCs move about so she might be traveling somewhere new. Or she might be in jail for some reason.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

No, I'm at Jaculan, it says she was last seen there today, and it's been saying that for the past several days. Where is she? What the hell.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

No, I'm at Jaculan, it says she was last seen there today, and it's been saying that for the past several days. Where is she? What the hell.

I've never seen any potential or current companions outside of the tavern. What does it say from the city view when you click on visit tavern?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Phlegmish posted:

If someone isn't where the encyclopedia says where they are, try checking nearby cities and then coming back. Usually that will cause them to re-appear. Also if there are other companions in Jaculan, you can try hiring them and then dropping them off in other cities. That might cause your engineer to show up as well.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

HiroProtagonist posted:

Yeah man, gently caress other countries' laws!!!

seriously, it's not like a thoughtcrime, considering saying some poo poo about the US government on SA can get you a secret service visit just the same.

edit: also the rest of that article is completely wrong, so yeah.

Jesus Christ. Please take your lovely!!! DEFENSE of the CCP's oppressive police state elsewhere tyvm.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

I've never seen any potential or current companions outside of the tavern. What does it say from the city view when you click on visit tavern?

There's one guy there, Varmond of the Hills. That's it.

I am going insane

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Yes, I've seen this happen. It's a bug and it was supposedly fixed but it might require a new game to fix, so if you're playing a game you started a version or two ago it might persist.

Generally, it stops happening if you play a game long enough because the companion will move to a new town and appear properly.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

literally only threatening death upon specific government officials

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Magil Zeal posted:

Yes, I've seen this happen. It's a bug and it was supposedly fixed but it might require a new game to fix, so if you're playing a game you started a version or two ago it might persist.

Generally, it stops happening if you play a game long enough because the companion will move to a new town and appear properly.

I just started this playthrough yesterday, but I'm on the main branch.

I hired another companion from the same city, might have something to do with it. I'm just going to wait it, fortunately engineer isn't urgent when you're a mercenary.

e: now I can't find Tynops the Surgeon, either. C'mon.

e2: Tynops the Surgeon actually was in a neighboring city, as suggested.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 10, 2020

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wilderthanmild posted:

Recently a few people were asking about a roadmap. They haven't released that, but the devs did put out a statement on current priorities on Friday.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/statement-regarding-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/

Some highlights for me, in no particular order:

A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
Improvements to the Order of Battle System
Improvements to the Order User Interface
Replay Editor
Modding Tools & Documentation
Cheering

In particular, they seem to be addressing a lot of common complaints while also moving forward. I really wanna know what "Cheering" is. Modding tools being worked on now and not later is also really good news.

sandbox option sounds pretty sweet. let me get right into meat of the game and work up from scratch.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Update on my engineer situation, her location updated to an Aserai city on the other side of the map and that was indeed where she was.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

literally only threatening death upon specific government officials

that's what game platforms are used for in China, just like Discord is in the US as well. The article called out HK and Taiwan users, so I assume it would have been similar to, but treated more seriously than, people going "heil hitler" and "nazi ill live" on the US/Euro servers, but government officials in China get death threats routinely from fascists and the like who call for westernization. your call if you think that's a good cause or not.

Mehrunes posted:

Jesus Christ. Please take your lovely!!! DEFENSE of the CCP's oppressive police state elsewhere tyvm.

lol

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

Update on my engineer situation, her location updated to an Aserai city on the other side of the map and that was indeed where she was.

Wanderers can / do move around, often following tournaments.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
If you're not getting death threats in multiplayer, you're doing it wrong.

In patch news, Global Mute is now a thing! How glorious.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 10, 2020

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

I just started this playthrough yesterday, but I'm on the main branch.

I guess it wasn't fixed then; when it happened for me it would say they were spotted in a town "today" for several days and I'd look in the tavern at that city for days and they wouldn't be there. Eventually they'd move to a new city if left long enough and I could finally recruit them.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

that's what game platforms are used for in China, just like Discord is in the US as well. The article called out HK and Taiwan users, so I assume it would have been similar to, but treated more seriously than, people going "heil hitler" and "nazi ill live" on the US/Euro servers, but government officials in China get death threats routinely from fascists and the like who call for westernization. your call if you think that's a good cause or not.

the article also specified that one of the things that they were looking for was "undermining national unity" and that someone had been flagged for literally just using the word coronavirus

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

the article also specified that one of the things that they were looking for was "undermining national unity" and that someone had been flagged for literally just using the word coronavirus

Why does that at all sound plausible lol

I mean maybe, if you're raised on a media diet of "China bad" but I think these are about as credible as gamers complaining about being persecuted by Twitter censorship

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 10, 2020

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So, any prospect of co-op campaign in this one? There were jank-rear end mods for the first game

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

Why does that at all sound plausible lol

I mean maybe, if you're raised on a media diet of "China bad" but I think these are about as credible as gamers complaining about being persecuted by Twitter censorship

Because China has a lovely authoritarian government where you can't mention Winnie the Pooh and has a million people in "reeducation camps"?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Gort posted:

So, any prospect of co-op campaign in this one? There were jank-rear end mods for the first game

I actually think the system is deep enough to support this. Just make time moving continuously, I suppose.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Because China has a lovely authoritarian government where you can't mention Winnie the Pooh and has a million people in "reeducation camps"?

yeah, it's also capitalist as hell

so lol

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

HiroProtagonist posted:

You’re completely wrong on this dude, censorship in China is way, way more extensive than just stopping people from issuing death threats to their leaders. It basically locks down any criticism of the government or calling out their abuses. Trying to say this is comparable to the US or EU is wildly inaccurate. I think it’s pretty obvious that basically everyone who is not in the CCP leadership doesn’t think that a dictatorship censoring people is a good cause.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

tildes posted:

I think it’s pretty obvious that basically everyone who is not in the CCP leadership doesn’t think that a dictatorship censoring people is a good cause.

This part isn't really true. The CCP has been so effective with censorship and propaganda that they've largely convinced Chinese people that CCP = China = Chinese race and thus anyone who opposes the CCP hates Chinese people and is a racist. They're both unbelievably terrible and widely supported, because people are in fact loving sheep.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

tildes posted:

You’re completely wrong on this dude, censorship in China is way, way more extensive than just stopping people from issuing death threats to their leaders. It basically locks down any criticism of the government or calling out their abuses. Trying to say this is comparable to the US or EU is wildly inaccurate. I think it’s pretty obvious that basically everyone who is not in the CCP leadership doesn’t think that a dictatorship censoring people is a good cause.

yeah, I can tell you know what you're talking about

edit: I'll be slightly more charitable, you're completely, totally wrong, the censorship in China is almost totally limited to marketing materials, and anyone knows how to use a VPN since they were ten years old or so (if they're around 30ish now). The party doesn't give a poo poo because it's not about control of the populace, it's about control of the input that private interests have on media and even in terms of news, in the party news outlets censorship is a matter of rubber stamped approvals of editorials through a party review board. It's nearly mechanically identical to western editorial review boards--and tell me you don't think a lot of bullshit ends up in western news. Sometimes that's not all good "news" but it's still all called "censorship" in the west, regardless, because above all, you're meant to think china=bad and authoritarian=stuff non-western governments do.

K8.0 posted:

This part isn't really true. The CCP has been so effective with censorship and propaganda that they've largely convinced Chinese people that CCP = China = Chinese race and thus anyone who opposes the CCP hates Chinese people and is a racist. They're both unbelievably terrible and widely supported, because people are in fact loving sheep.

weird how the government for the past 70 years or so in China is called Chinese. this is proof of....? meanwhile, using western talking points means you're a RACIST, and BAD.

can this fox news comment section poo poo cut it out please? I didn't even loving mention china to begin with, so if you want to carry on this weird derail fuckin PM me, otherwise talk about game. Thanks.

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 11, 2020

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

when someone says 'nee gah' on a chinese server they're just thinking up something nice to say to you, a far different experience from us and euro servers.

beyond that, you should all feel bad about your posting.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I love the dorky stuff people yell in fights. "I'll eat your liver!" "I'll tear your limbs(?)!" Ideally we'd have a system for combining a list of violent verbs and painful nouns into some kind of dynamic war cry system. "I'll smash your // skin!"

upgunned shitpost posted:

you can make your horse do whatever the horse equivalent is of popping a wheelie by hitting the space bar when you're not moving. kinda like cheering.

Really? Awesome! I've found myself really missing the ctrl+j from warband. It's horse wheelie time.

K8.0 posted:

The unmounted blade can only update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
The encyclopedia is kinda broken in the beginning of a new game regarding Wanderers because I don't think they actually "exist" until you visit the city they spawn in at least once, which isn't always the city the encyclopedia says they are. The best bet it visit all towns in their culture.