Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

How Wonderful! posted:

Miles' family, too, also Bombshell, I want to say Ganke and maybe Kong? I do think it's mostly USM people.

That blond kid who turned out to be Ultimate Wolverine's son towards the last couple of years of Ultimate X-Men is in the 616 somewhere. I seem to remember he was a reasonably big part of Cullen Bunn's book with the teenage versions of the original 5.

Al Ewing also had the Maker bring back Ultimate Tony, Hulk, Hank, and Jan in the last couple of issues of Ultimates 2 a couple of years ago. Ultimate Steve got killed along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Roth posted:

Getting caught up with my pulls from before lockdown started

Batman/Superman #8

Really needs to rethink the batarang design if he wants his "does not kill" to be taken seriously

Batman and Robin #10 (2012)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gnome de plume posted:

Really needs to rethink the batarang design if he wants his "does not kill" to be taken seriously

Three dudes maimed and scarred in horrible ways and one lady who... started to like piercings, I guess?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

thetoughestbean posted:

Three dudes maimed and scarred in horrible ways and one lady who... started to like piercings, I guess?

It looks like her face got hosed up by the fins on Batman's gloves, so she's got tattoos to cover up the scars and... I think some kind of significant piercing where he sliced open her ear, but with just one angle I can't be sure.

EDIT: or maybe those are bits of Batarang in her or something? Look, I really don't know, but the black bits there are visible in the fleshback, and she's falling forward, so I think Batman stuck her with a buncha metal.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

She took like, Batman arm-projectiles through the spine.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Applesauce! Batman doesn't shoot spikes from his arms!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like the one dude with a batarang in his head can't really blame Batman for that. That's all on you, bro.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Of course Batman has his logo on the soles of his boots.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Nessus posted:

Applesauce! Batman doesn't shoot spikes from his arms!

Maybe she's a visitor from another continuity?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Cleretic posted:

It looks like her face got hosed up by the fins on Batman's gloves, so she's got tattoos to cover up the scars and... I think some kind of significant piercing where he sliced open her ear, but with just one angle I can't be sure.

EDIT: or maybe those are bits of Batarang in her or something? Look, I really don't know, but the black bits there are visible in the fleshback, and she's falling forward, so I think Batman stuck her with a buncha metal.

She got hit by the Batarangs, but she clearly is now using them to make a fashion statement. She doesn't have the piercings in the first shot, so apparently she's still pretty much fine. Women aren't allowed to be anything but sexy, you know.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wanderer posted:

That blond kid who turned out to be Ultimate Wolverine's son towards the last couple of years of Ultimate X-Men is in the 616 somewhere.

The one who had metal claws out of nowhere?

I can't remember why they were coated in metal when he'd never been part of any secret programs, but I do remember that the reason the writers gave was some grade A bullshit.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Kurui Reiten posted:

She got hit by the Batarangs, but she clearly is now using them to make a fashion statement. She doesn't have the piercings in the first shot, so apparently she's still pretty much fine. Women aren't allowed to be anything but sexy, you know.

From what I can see, it's Batman's arm fins broke off in her skin. Which seems like Bats had a defective glove and an off night if they all snapped off in her neck and ear like that.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like the one dude with a batarang in his head can't really blame Batman for that. That's all on you, bro.

The 90s Spider-Man has an episode which introduces Mysterio, where he wants revenge on Spidey.

Mysterio: "It's payback time!"
Spider-Man, trapped on a spinning platform, surrounded by mechanical monsters: "Payback?! For what? You did it all to yourself!"
Mysterio: "Yes, that's what my psychiatrist said. But you know what? His sessions never made me feel this good!"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
You just know that Batman figures if they didn't want to risk having an arm-blade broken off in their ear, maybe they shouldn't have been criminals.

That really reminds me of the setup for the original Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe series; Frank Castle's family gets killed in the crossfire of an X-Men/Skrulls fight in Central Park or some such, and Frank is then recruited by a cabal of people who were similarly collateral damage in superhero fights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's about to shoot a vague outline of a person and batman who is at a distance behind her shoots out his arm blades. that's why she has a line of curved spikes perforating her back. the arm spike shooting thing was definitely made up for the sake of that one panel, but it is no more ridiculous than any other gadget batman uses.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

It took me a few looks but in that last panel, not only does that lady have some arm spikes stuck in her shoulder/back, she also has a Batarang that impaled her ear. And it's still there in the final panel.

Maybe she liked the way it looked and opted to keep it there. Would probably be very heavy.

But that guy with boot impression on his face, seems an appropriate response to a dude wielding a flamethrower.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she's about to shoot a vague outline of a person and batman who is at a distance behind her shoots out his arm blades. that's why she has a line of curved spikes perforating her back. the arm spike shooting thing was definitely made up for the sake of that one panel, but it is no more ridiculous than any other gadget batman uses.

Arm spike thrower was def a thing in some other bat-media.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Arm spike thrower was def a thing in some other bat-media.

End of The Dark Knight
"Wanna know how I got these scars?"
"No. But I know how you got these."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They’ve probably only been used like that a handful of times, because there’s really no reason to use them instead of a batarang. It seems clever the first time you see it, but it’s really kind of dumb.

I know I’ve seen them used in the comics sometime in the early 2000’s, but I can’t remember the context at all.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
imo the launchable forearm spikes are less dumb than the bat-boomerangs

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

TwoPair posted:

Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda #3

Very unfortunate goo placement third panel.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Gnome de plume posted:

Does it turn out the first guy was set on fire by the third?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's definitely been at least one time where Batman has been able to fire those spikes off his arm. Maybe an Azrael thing but I know it happened.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean they sound like a good idea for a desperate last resort sneak attack since shooting them out means he can no longer use them while fighting hand to hand

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He got a set of his gloves made by some cheap alternative contractor, they weren't supposed to break off!

"Jesus Alfred, did they 3D print these?"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Every pointy bit on batman can be launched via a compressed spring held in place by remote-release tab. If you hit him in just the right spot they all go off at once, like a toy crash test dummy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rhyno posted:

There's definitely been at least one time where Batman has been able to fire those spikes off his arm. Maybe an Azrael thing but I know it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIX-jDq5aBY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hey there we go!

Prior to the Nolan films did Batman ever use his gauntlet spikes to deflect bladed weapons?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That was the demo scene but when they were actually used was in this scene that nobody commented on:

Phy posted:

End of The Dark Knight
"Wanna know how I got these scars?"
"No. But I know how you got these."

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The most recent episode of the Harley Quinn cartoon show has the Joker ask "Wanna know how I got these emotional scars?" to his therapist.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Elfface posted:

Every pointy bit on batman can be launched via a compressed spring held in place by remote-release tab. If you hit him in just the right spot they all go off at once, like a toy crash test dummy.

Where was it where his ear tips were launched?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

FMguru posted:

The most recent episode of the Harley Quinn cartoon show has the Joker ask "Wanna know how I got these emotional scars?" to his therapist.

poo poo I had not realized the second season had already started. Thank you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

robziel posted:

poo poo I had not realized the second season had already started. Thank you.

It's been really fun. We've been watching them weekly and each episode has been a delight.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kwyndig posted:

It's been really fun. We've been watching them weekly and each episode has been a delight.

What streaming services is that on? I’ve got a soft spot for anti heroes so I’ve liked Harley’s solo stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Woebin posted:

Ultimate Wolverine was bi, wasn't he? I feel like I remember him getting with Ultimate Colossus, who was gay.

Speaking of, which Ultimate universe characters are around these days? Just Miles Morales and The Maker?

Spider-Men II was the last time we saw the Ultimate Universe, and was the first time we saw it still existed after Secret Wars. As has been said the current Miles book is picking up storylines from that mini so it may come back there.

It showed the Ultimates consisting of Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Spider-Woman (Peter Parker clone Jessica Drew), Ironheart, Captain America, Human Torch, Thor, Hulk, and Giant-Man.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

When you have to put together a new rogue's gallery but the comic's due in 20 minutes.

Honestly this just reminds me of Torque and...what was that Bat-villain whose shitck was "has a literal hole through her head"?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Evil Mastermind posted:

When you have to put together a new rogue's gallery but the comic's due in 20 minutes.

What I hope the joke to be is that these are the guys that Batman owned too hard and they carry a grudge. Which shouldn't be that much of a problem, because Batman will just own them even harder.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Grendels Dad posted:

What I hope the joke to be is that these are the guys that Batman owned too hard and they carry a grudge. Which shouldn't be that much of a problem, because Batman will just own them even harder.

That was, in fact, the joke.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Honestly this just reminds me of Torque and...what was that Bat-villain whose shitck was "has a literal hole through her head"?

Is that an incredibly off-model Huntress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That was, in fact, the joke.

Hire me Batman.